• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Prawn

Smash Master
okieee bb. we gots to d3 ditto mm

i might be going to Raleigh depending on how i do brawlwise in July.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
cheese stop complaining. i gimped u @ 0, I ****ed up a buffer and got grabbed a 0 RIGHT AFTER MY RESPAWN WITHOUT ABLE TO EVEN DO %. Stop *****ing, u had a stock lead and still lost, with ICE CLIMBERS. >_>

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
cheese stop complaining. i gimped u @ 0, I ****ed up a buffer and got grabbed a 0 RIGHT AFTER MY RESPAWN WITHOUT ABLE TO EVEN DO %. Stop *****ing, u had a stock lead and still lost, with ICE CLIMBERS. >_>
as fun as it would be to keep twisting this knife, i have a personal hatred of marth as a character, and especially as ICs, so i'll let this slide... until i see his response.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I accidentally breversed an upb which sent me away from the stage, lulz. I don't really care.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I agree with Kack. If we knocked you off stage, but imagine we're ACROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STAGE, and you could clearly Up-B onto the ledge, but you reverse it, wouldn't that be an SD? It would be a gimp if you stopped the recovery from happening, but YOU DIDN'T.

Leave us.

Prawn

Smash Master
lol guys hate to break it to you but

when you hit a character with poor options to get back on stage OFF stage, and then they fail to get back on stage, thats legit, regardless if cheese made an error or not

ics have a zero to death chaingrab, dont blame other people when you do stupid things and as a result of their shortcomings you die. thats your fault and the characters weakness

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
I'm more excited about COD Black Ops and the new Fallout game. I only caught the end of Nintendo's p.c. because it was on hella early, and I needed sleep but I could've swore I heard something about a new ice climbers game haha.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I'm more excited about COD Black Ops and the new Fallout game. I only caught the end of Nintendo's p.c. because it was on hella early, and I needed sleep but I could've swore I heard something about a new ice climbers game haha.
I think you have sleepies in your ears. I don't remember hearing that. (I ended up watching a presentation on the Nintendo website :D because I missed it when it first came on. :()

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
I dunno lol. They were talking about nostalgia and what not, maybe one of the guys were just like "I was expecting a new Ice Climbers game."
Idc though lol. I didn't very much like the first one.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Don't hate the Original Ice Climbers.

Two Inuit children climbing up God knows how many mountains just to get vegetables is legit!

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, I'm not hating. It just wasn't that good, compared to some other retro games that were out at the time at least.

Smoom77

Smash Master
That game was great BECAUSE of Popo and Nana. The gameplay itself may not be the best, but Popo and Nana are amazing.

Prawn

Smash Master
does anyone know any kill setups with sopo

ive been pondering stuff lately

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
I've killed with up tilt to back air, but they have to be pretty high already and you have to follow their di. Otherwise, if they're that high, you could probably kill with a smash.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Maybe I should start a new thread for this, but meh.

Stop desynching so much. All of you. Desynching leaves holes you absolutely cannot cover, it's just the nature of Nana. Every desynch I've ever seen can be penetrated by the good characters exceedingly easily. If you're at a neutral position, you should be SYNCHED.

I'll be glad to point out the easy way to kill your Nanas if you think I'm wrong and have an example.

This is not to say you shouldn't ever desynch, of course, but blizzard walls and the such are useless crap.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Maybe I should start a new thread for this, but meh.

Stop desynching so much. All of you. Desynching leaves holes you absolutely cannot cover, it's just the nature of Nana. Every desynch I've ever seen can be penetrated by the good characters exceedingly easily. If you're at a neutral position, you should be SYNCHED.

I'll be glad to point out the easy way to kill your Nanas if you think I'm wrong and have an example.

This is not to say you shouldn't ever desynch, of course, but blizzard walls and the such are useless crap.
This completely depends on the match-up and person you are playing. Also depends on %'s, and stage position.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Everyone Ice climber has a different playstyle. What might be right for you might not be right some.

I dont agree with you on this one cheese. Sometimes i purposely desync (exposing myself) to bait them in so they will come with in reach and i can set up for a grab or some hits to gain more percent lead.

Desyncing with the thought of only desyncing is bad. Desyncing with reason behind it, Such as baiting on limiting option or setting up for kills or gimps or whatever.

I guess what im truly saying is dont desync just to desync. Have purpose behind what you do, and i dont think you will every truly be 100% exposed and vulnerable

Prawn

Smash Master
cheese. im sorry but you are wrong on this one.

watch kakera. thats all i have to say. perfect desyncing can be attained in most matchups. i'll show you stuff next tourny we're together. ill mm your mk thats one of my fav. matchups to desync in :D

Prawn

Smash Master
uh maybe depending on how i place locally in the next few weeks

but yeah i quit the ic boards again

goodbye everybody!

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm trying to think of some uses of RARing off the stage (only nana can do it) and bairing. Maybe when one of these characters are recovering?

-Lucario
-Snake
-Jigglypuff
-ROB

Top Bottom