• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Smoom77

Smash Master
This is really funny, but practicing CGs ONLINE helps me when I have to play on an HD. It's slightly similar lag. Lol. HDs, when doing CGs, feel the same for me as standard TVs.

istudying

Smash Lord
Sup everyone, how is the ICs boards doing. I just read Hylian's thread good info thanks for making it =3.

What happened at MLG Meep? I heard that the TV's were Fcke'd up.

meepxzero

Smash Master
My only suggestion is make use of the warm up time during mlg... Your never gonna touch the tvs again during tourney. All the tvs have different input lag. Main tvs are laggier than the regular ones so practice on a main one if you can cuz if you get thrown on those ur screwed.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Im prolly never gonna play icies again until they change the tvs at mlg. I never ever drop grabs in tourney when ive practiced a lot (this tournie i practiced a ton). The entire day i was dropping them over 50% of the time. As far as mlg is concerned there will be no IC savior unless they get a bracket purely of falcos, dks, and watever is an easy match up for us.

Mlg was so depressing to watch almost every ic match. They either got timed out, dropped almost all their grabs, or got mashed out at 50%. Its sad when u have to factor match-ups bassed on how well ur gonna infinite the character because thats all mlg was for me. I was losing to myself rather than the player.

Cheese i beat boss most of the time we play. I knew if i played him at mlg id prolly lose just like you guys due to the TVs.
He was the only grab I dropped all day ><. I'm practicing on a hi-def TV now, though.

r3d d09

Smash Master
oh, while i was messing around yesterday with IC's. i did something similar with what was shown in L!nk's vid. about the IB ledge cancel thing, but i did a fair.

so i ran to the ledge, did some awesome sliding *;)* and threw out a fair. but the cool thing was that popo stayed on the stage, didn't do anything, but nana went over the ledge, and fair'd. this could be used in a good way. it's like pivot desyncing and having nana on the stage and popo on the ledge, but reversed and nana doing a fair ;)

food for thought.

I'd like everyone to get on the IC seks skype chat. i think it was a good thing to have and there was usually on topic discussion going on that it was a benefit to us.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My girlfriend just got a new controller for me and surprised me by painting it.

Oh my god I am amazed.:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
mine is a dark green front, black back. though the green paint is peeling from over use (the guy that painted it did a crap job).

Sieguest

Smash Master
nou

Plus, your girlfriend didn't make your controller, so it loses legit points. :p

I've just been ninja'd by a hobo....... a frozen one at that....
ninjahobos x.x

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nice. I feel like mine has a lot of personality though and is soon to have my name on it plus navi XD.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JowKoU1QLVA

Me getting decimated by ESAM. Good stuff. Should've probably won, but Pikachu at that level was new to me. He's pro.
Yeah pika can be hard if you aren't used to playing good ones.

I've played every pika except Esam, I really want to play him as I beat all the other ones fairly badly :p.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I got this next time. We talked a lot about the matchup after, and stuff. He's also one of my new favorite smashers.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I got this next time. We talked a lot about the matchup after, and stuff. He's also one of my new favorite smashers.
I can tell you a ton of stuff about that match-up, I have a ****load of experience in it :laugh:.

I hope he bthrows me hehehe :p.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Someone didn't realize his N-Air outranged pikachu -.-

EDIT: Why the spikes -.- Or dthrow to fthrow, so slow O.o

Can't you press B when he back throws, nana shoots an ice block and you get a grab?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I love the pikachu match up. Ones of my best matchs up id have to say. Like hylian ive played alot of the good pickachus ive even play esam a bit at one point. And ive played pikapika just about every tournament for the past 3 tournaments.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Someone didn't realize his N-Air outranged pikachu -.-

EDIT: Why the spikes -.- Or dthrow to fthrow, so slow O.o

Can't you press B when he back throws, nana shoots an ice block and you get a grab?
I didn't know you could ice block out of bthrow until after. Dthrow to fthrow is how I start all my grabs, it's never a problem, I was just slow during this particular match. He fell for the spike twice during game 1, I stopped going for it once it stopped working.

Oh, and this was at like 2 AM. Heh.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I am so used to chain grabbing and desynching with a Wii remote that I can't beat a level 3 with a Game cube controller.

Sieguest

Smash Master
That came out of bloody nowhere. x.x

EDIT: Completely serious when I say this: it shouldn't even matter what controller set up you use, if you lose to a lvl 3 cpu, then there is something fundamentally wrong with the way you're even moving the bloody control stick!
:mad088:

EDIT2: That aside, do you play with just the wii remote by itself, or the wii remote plus the nunchuck?

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Lol I know that it is terrible to lose to a level 3 computer. I can beat level 9s easily with only the wii remote. I have never tried nun chuck and wii remote together. But on the bright side, I learned to Bthrow hobble with wii remote yesterday.

Most of the time I die because I accidentally squall hammer off the edge. Plus I can't find a way to desynch with it. I am just TERRIBLE with the game cube controller. If you saw a video of me playing with a game cube controller, you would cry.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I never thought I would see this..... x.x
an IC player..... who uses wiimote......
HOLY CRAP... *trip*
In a way, it's completely legit, because if you're successful, then you're like the Chuck Norris of Brawl.
If you mess up, it's like.....we disown you..... :p

Welcome to the boards by the way. :)

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Lol thanks.

You have never ever seen an Ice Climber main play with only wii remote? But seriously I had to figure out Bthrow hobble, Fthrow hobble and Dthrow hobble because I never heard of these forums. Also random note my favourite chain grab is Bthrow to Fthrow. But I guess Bthrow to Bthrow b uffered on shiek looks nice too.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Ive been using wiimote sense the game came out.. i guess no one keeps up with my posts Lol

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
oh, no, we've seen them. they all switch to GCN controller pretty quickly, though.... or give up.... its kinda 50:50.

edit: well, i guess cura just ****ed on that theory....

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed that on a few super heavy weights the Ice Climbers can Dthrow chain grab them without moving. I like the animation when the other climber plucks them out of the air. And I also figured this out with a wii remote. :D Too bad it breaks at a certain percentage.

Top Bottom