• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Meep lost to BlueRouge 1-2.

Cheese lost to Boss 1-2.

Lain lost to Boss 0-2.

Obviously I'm the best IC LOL.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Boss plays meep enough to know the IC match up. and neither lain or cheese play against luigi enough. And rich brown has been on fire all day. so im not surprised on his win over meep. San would have beaten meep either way :p

Famous

Smash Champion
Wow, Luigi Vs IC's is a pretty close MU...I really don't have any problems with it.

Yea, Boss also plays against gimr's ICs

Teh Future

Smash Master
Ive always said Olimar does fine against ICs. character is ****in ********.

also rich brown lost to san. lol at people saying that is a 30-70 matchup ****in ******** ike is so good lol

****s ****in ******** mlg doesnt even sense **** is ****in ********

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Meep lost to Richbrown.

>_< stop losing to olimar players ics lol.
I played rich brown in friendlies at genesis, one game I did a total of 27% iirc. It was kind of depressing. :(

Sure am glad I'm nowhere near that **** anymore lol.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Of man. I'm SOOOO crazy for thinking Olimar has the advantage over IC's.

I knew it. Told ya guys. Lol.
Luigi on the other hand isn't THAT bad IMO.

Also, ROB is not our hardest matchup.
MK is not even.
Snake is even.
Yoshi CAN camp us.
etc.

EDIT: Hopefully us IC's will take Raleigh. I'll be there, so root for me :3

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Of man. I'm SOOOO crazy for thinking Olimar has the advantage over IC's.

I knew it. Told ya guys. Lol.
Luigi on the other hand isn't THAT bad IMO.

Also, ROB is not our hardest matchup.
MK is not even.
Snake is even.
Yoshi CAN camp us.
etc.
uh, actually, that last one is still wrong...

swordgard

Smash Hero
What

The

I really don't know what to say. Everyday I am looking more and more forward to apex so i can see whats up with all those "hard matchups".

Teh Future

Smash Master
I hope apex will receive a lot more hype once it gets closer to august. If it actually is really big I want to go, but I dunno who else would be interested in going from my area because its a long drive

and olimar doesn't beat ics lol. you just have to know what he is doing and if you rush in too soon you can get ***** really badly. It happened to me because I play olimar quite a bit and thought I knew what I was doing, but it turns out that people play differently LOL. Its just like mk though if you know what they are doing you **** them also Ice blocks >> blizzard in this matchup I think lol

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I dont believe match ups can truely be considered hard.

I feel as though it always comes down to the player.

For example i feel as though olimar is one of our easiest matchs ups. Ive never lost to an olimar in tournament, ive beaten, Logic, Nc-echo, Plasma Pikmin, Waltz, and other random olimars.

So for meep to lose to rich brown surprises me. But i cant say much cause though its easy to me it may be harder for some.

And personnally i hate the luigi match up Lol but i second marth so i usually get by pretty easily.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Perhaps "hard" is the wrong word, then. However, they can definitely be called disadvantageous. It's the same as the tier list argument (Personal Skill vs Character Capacity).

But that's all just political correctness; people say 'this matchup is hard for x' because it's "easier" than saying 'x has a reasonably disadvantageous matchup against y'.

Teh Future

Smash Master
hard does not mean the same thing as disadvantageous.

imo we go even or beat mk but we have to work a considerable amount more than he does to win. Its just that if we properly utilize the tools we have he can't do anything, but it requires really good spacing, reaction and some prediction. Where as mk can just spam tornado until he hits you and then follow up until you are dead lol

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
i got 7th yesterday, lost to eggz and bladewise (again lmao)

Picto sorta gayed me vs eggz and put me in a lot of bad spots, which is what i hate about CPing it. I had the grab last game but i dropped it and he killed nana, then had him at last hit with sopo, but we won.

Vs Bladewise i got 2 stocked 1st game (idk what i was doing lmao) then 2nd game i go picto and win. Then he CPs brinstar and I go wario and end up wafting off the top platform and killing myself but still taking it to last hit >_<

tl;dr Picto is a double edged sword :( i need to find i new CP lol

EDIT: I think olimar is an even matchup btw

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i got 7th yesterday, lost to eggz and bladewise (again lmao)

Picto sorta gayed me vs eggz and put me in a lot of bad spots, which is what i hate about CPing it. I had the grab last game but i dropped it and he killed nana, then had him at last hit with sopo, but we won.

Vs Bladewise i got 2 stocked 1st game (idk what i was doing lmao) then 2nd game i go picto and win. Then he CPs brinstar and I go wario and end up wafting off the top platform and killing myself but still taking it to last hit >_<

tl;dr Picto is a double edged sword :( i need to find i new CP lol

EDIT: I think olimar is an even matchup btw
we have picto banned here, and nobody ever goes there when i've gone oos, so for the most part it seems to be a moot point.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah uh...smashville/bf should work fine assuming they ban fd.

williamtherocker

Smash Rookie
uhhh

lol a few weeks ago I learned to footstool chain grab smash regrab. With a wii remote ONLY. I am so proud of myself. :D lol. I also know Dthrow hobble. Even better though, a few weeks ago I learned to buffer Fthrows on bowser and samus. Yes I seem like a n00b because I joined in June 2010.

Teh Future

Smash Master
wiimote sucks i switched to GC controller because you can't charge smash attacks without changing the settings on wiimote. Plus with default settings you do not have a c-stick which is a lot better than using analog + A. It also meas you cannot DI as well without a cstick.

If you change the settings around it might work but tbh you are probably limiting yourself by using a wiimote, especially with ICs.

I used to use a wiimote and it was kinda hard to switch, but it was definitely worth it once I did.

Smoom77

Smash Master
lol a few weeks ago I learned to footstool chain grab smash regrab. With a wii remote ONLY. I am so proud of myself. :D lol. I also know Dthrow hobble. Even better though, a few weeks ago I learned to buffer Fthrows on bowser and samus. Yes I seem like a n00b because I joined in June 2010.
Were you from another brawl forum or something? SWF wasn't my first brawl place.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
yeah i like YI but i dont like how if i CG over to the ledge with dthrows (as per norm) it's weird to do a bthrow>dthrow CG there. But the fact that he can't glide under the stage is awesome, plus i think the position of the platform helps ICs a bit too

Teh Future

Smash Master
Most of the time you catch a character on that part of the stage it doesn't even mess it up and you can just move over slightly. I'd much rather take the chance of the stage messing up a chaingrab than getting killed by a dumb transformation on picto/ps1

edit: I think its preferences anyways. i'd rather just play mk on smashville/battlefield but i don't think it matters too much tbh as long as you know how the stage affects the matchup

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Lie went mk and timed me out, I would've destroyed his falco lol. I tripped game 3 against boss out of a free dash grab. I made the mistake of trying MK game 1 and lost, won game 2 and went last hit game 3. I'm not overly dissatisfied at all. I'm on a 14 hour bus ride home now <_<

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Havok played really well game 3 and camped really hard. He adapted to lain's style, though it was close. Lain won game 1, obviously lost game 2 on brinstar, and game 3 was close on SV, havok killed nana on lain's last stock with about 2 minutes left.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I went mostly ICs with some MK, a game of DK and a game of DDD. I play to win, not to have character pride. I always go a different character if they CP a bad stage.

meepxzero

Smash Master
An ic player is never going to win mlg. The lag on the tvs is bad enough where a good masher can get out at 50% and if you arent using visual cues ur gonna miss grabs aka weird weights like luigi. Plus people dont fear timing you out.

Gonna find a new main.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
An ic player is never going to win mlg. The lag on the tvs is bad enough where a good masher can get out at 50% and if you arent using visual cues ur gonna miss grabs aka weird weights like luigi. Plus people dont fear timing you out.

Gonna find a new main.
I didn't drop any grabs save one, and didn't get mashed on above 10, but I agree the lag hurts us.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
The tvs weren't terrible at orlando, However there was about 4 station i heard were pretty bad. Luckly i never played on them.

Top Bottom