• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So does Samus suck now, or am I missing somthing

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I've found that Coldfront's method, sadly, doesn't go very far for improving oneself against other humans. Many things that work in those situations, which someone may abuse to make up for the disadvantaged situation, won't work on humans. It creates bad habits.

If you want to improve without playing other people, go against the computer in training mode and see if you can get a feel for the exact range and timing of your moves and work in stringing them together, but keep in mind that the computers will not DI correctly. In Melee, due to the lack of C-stick in training mode, people often used L1 computers.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Samus SUX just as much as Megaman since thier like similar nuff said, don't agree?...

DEAL WITH IT!!!!

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Gum, if you answer this post, I won't bother you again. But read carefully.

Several posts have gone by and my simple inquiry of "How did you place at C3" has yet to be answered. You are having difficulty reading my posts. You're blinded by anger. My post said that merely attending C3 is not an accomplishment. It's open to the public, anyone can attend. Get it?

So then I ask how did you place? How do the people you beat place? Where is your proof of all your claims? You say, roughly, "I play samus and I attended C3. This tournament had lots of pros". But you don't say how you placed.

From what I have gathered through extreme effort exerted on reading your posts, it seems as if your "Opinion" is the basis for all your arguments, including Samus's supposed prowess in this game.

I'll drop it down to keep it simple. 2 questions.

How did you place at C3?

What players have you beaten and have they placed at any brawl tournaments worthy of recognition? If so, which ones?

That's all I'm asking. That's all i've been asking for my past few posts, in this thread and out. Call me elitist or whatever, but this is not elitist behavior. I'm just shunning you for misleading people and claiming some sort of superior knowledge on a character through accomplishments that you have yet to be specific about.

Let's hope that you aren't eating any delicious noodles right now, so that you could read my post correctly.

:( geez guys is it really that big a deal?? :(
who cares what his tournaments he's been in... this thread is based on opinions we don't need credentials for every post.... and even if he did place big in a major tournament... would it really change your opinion?the posts that have real persuasive power are usually ones with data to back them up.....
So he thinks samus is good? who cares.
And who cares what hugs thinks of himself (and I'm sure he doesn't think he's god just because he was good at melee...) This has nothing to do with the thread....
I'm sure both your d**ks are roughly the same size...
I'm not writing this to piss anyone off.... I just want to retain focus for this post...
And I'm not asking u guys to like each other... just pm it instead... :)
Hive, no offense man, but this is completely related to the topic at hand. The question asks if Samus sucks now. GUM says no because he wins with samus. I say Samus is bad because no one has really accomplished anything with her.

See how this is relevant? I ask him to defend his claims with proof, and he ignores the questions or "answers" them in a very wishy washy way. He can change my mind and shut up all Samus doubters by posting about why his accomplishments can give real hope to those who are close to giving up on samus.

You're saying that posts that have real persuasive power are usually ones with data to back them up. So I'm asking GUM, the one who keeps with the pro samus posts, to please provide data. Makes sense, right?

Coldfront

Smash Apprentice
I've found that Coldfront's method, sadly, doesn't go very far for improving oneself against other humans. Many things that work in those situations, which someone may abuse to make up for the disadvantaged situation, won't work on humans. It creates bad habits.

If you want to improve without playing other people, go against the computer in training mode and see if you can get a feel for the exact range and timing of your moves and work in stringing them together, but keep in mind that the computers will not DI correctly. In Melee, due to the lack of C-stick in training mode, people often used L1 computers.
True, it's much easier to trick a computer than a human opponent, so for developing strategies and tactics in those situations that method won't work. I saw a Ganon player beat 3 Pits on team battle by a very cheap method that would never work on a human.

However, that method does help a lot in strengthening defense and maneuverability. Because Samus' roll is so slow those who play her need to be especially quick with perfect shielding and spot dodging, and also need to be quick with jabs and upB to interrupt opponents attacks. In a 2 on 1 situation against the computer or in 2x normal speed you have to become quick to use these techniques, and reaction time does help against humans, especially humans that you have never played before.

Anyway, the methods aren't perfect, but unless you're trying to find cheap ways to beat the computer opponents, they do help with defense and reaction time.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
One good thing about her roll though is that it is very long, and you can use it to buffer her aerials, zairs, and missiles. It actually speed her up too.

Hive

Smash Lord
Hive, no offense man, but this is completely related to the topic at hand. The question asks if Samus sucks now. GUM says no because he wins with samus. I say Samus is bad because no one has really accomplished anything with her.

See how this is relevant? I ask him to defend his claims with proof, and he ignores the questions or "answers" them in a very wishy washy way. He can change my mind and shut up all Samus doubters by posting about why his accomplishments can give real hope to those who are close to giving up on samus.

You're saying that posts that have real persuasive power are usually ones with data to back them up. So I'm asking GUM, the one who keeps with the pro samus posts, to please provide data. Makes sense, right?
1. If GUM answered the questions... then yes... it would be relevant. But he's not. And probably not going to... which is why, and I'm sure you don't need me to explain...we've had so many messages about noodles and melee and stuff. On a side note, so far the most influential thing I saw WAS about noodles (hungry=ramen=improved samus play).
no offense man
-> I'm a chick :)
3. I totally agree with you that samus is bad in this game- primarily because she lacks good ko moves, and has a slow fall.... even in the best matchups she doesn't have non-gimp kos under 100%...
4. And... you've actually already proved your point with or without his answer :)
But even if he did, and he stuns us all with some huge tournament win.... what's really the worst that could happen? Someone goes into a tournament thinking samus can win?

Coldfront

Smash Apprentice
One good thing about her roll though is that it is very long, and you can use it to buffer her aerials, zairs, and missiles. It actually speed her up too.
Really? Sounds good, I'll have to try that. I've been trying to cut the roll out of my game, because the only time I use it has been in up close fights where I got punished for it, like against MK or Pit. But I'll definitely have to try that out.

Hive

Smash Lord
yea the roll this time is a lot better than melee...... but I still wish it was a little faster :(
Does it really speed her up?

Coldfront

Smash Apprentice
I wish they would have let Samus aim her charge shot like they let ROB aim his laser and Pit Aim his arrows...

HugS

Smash Champion
1. If GUM answered the questions... then yes... it would be relevant. But he's not. And probably not going to... which is why, and I'm sure you don't need me to explain...we've had so many messages about noodles and melee and stuff. On a side note, so far the most influential thing I saw WAS about noodles (hungry=ramen=improved samus play).
2.. -> I'm a chick :)
3. I totally agree with you that samus is bad in this game- primarily because she lacks good ko moves, and has a slow fall.... even in the best matchups she doesn't have non-gimp kos under 100%...
4. And... you've actually already proved your point with or without his answer :)
But even if he did, and he stuns us all with some huge tournament win.... what's really the worst that could happen? Someone goes into a tournament thinking samus can win?
Sorry, I assumed you were a guy. Can't blame me.

As for 4, I don't think a tournament win from GUM would be a bad thing. I'm honestly trying to find any good reason to switch back to samus. I love her as a character. If he were to just respond appropriately to one of my several requests with indications of Samus's potential, then he'd have another person on the side of Samus to help her metagame grow. At the same time, I ask for his responses because I think it's delusional and underhanded of GUM to continually defend samus with false or misleading reasons.

I've heard of other respected Samus players complain of his crappy way of doing things. I can see why.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I assumed you were a guy. Can't blame me.

As for 4, I don't think a tournament win from GUM would be a bad thing. I'm honestly trying to find any good reason to switch back to samus. I love her as a character. If he were to just respond appropriately to one of my several requests with indications of Samus's potential, then he'd have another person on the side of Samus to help her metagame grow. At the same time, I ask for his responses because I think it's delusional and underhanded of GUM to continually defend samus with false or misleading reasons.

I've heard of other respected Samus players complain of his crappy way of doing things. I can see why.

Ah, ok lets not act like you didn't include other things in your posts that I addessed first of all. As for my placing at C3, all I know is that I won 5 rounds and split. ultimately I lost to Cyraine in my last round, who I think went on for another round or two before getting knocked out. I didn't bother checking my rank because the brackets were super messed up to say the least.

As far as players Iv'e beaten: I won matches against Forte, Omni, Plank, Mashi, Chineesah and a couple of others. To ask me all the people I have won against is pretty broad and I definately didn't know EVERYONE at C3 that I played against, but everyone was good.

How did they all place? Well I can tell you for sure that Forte placed high, definately in the top 5. I don't know how the rest at C3 placed, but like I said, I left early. I also said that I have played at numerous tourneys locally who place well, but you wouldn't know most of the people there (Toasty, Mashi, Slash, Serpent, Jeff, Nino, Whodat, Schoolie Dee among them.)

On another note about the C3 thing, I never said simply going was an accomplishment at all. I only mentioned that I did go because you asked what big tourneys had I gone to recently and what players of merit were there, so I told you. You say my reasons are false or misleading? What is YOUR logic for that statement? How exactly is ANYTHING I have said about Samus thus far been false or misleading? What is your logic? You say she has bad KO moves right? I say pursue off the stage and go for spikes and gimps to nullify that. Is that not valid? Have I not demonstrated my position on the matter in vids? Lets also not forget that BIG tourneys come around every so often, so as they come up, obviousley, I will relay how I did in them as a Samus main. Yes, I have placed well in local tourneys, but you wouldn't respect that. Everything that I have been talking about in terms of Samus have been things that I have experienced and used, given the newness of the game, and what characters are primarily being used in the current metagame. I fail to see how anything I have posted as a positive for Samus has been misleading. Note that you did say "...it's delusional and underhanded of GUM to continually defend samus with false or misleading reasons." You want big tourney results? Well give them time to pop up more often so that I can report. I honestly don't think that winning 5 rounds at my first C3 against MK's, Snakes, and Marths is too shabby, especially given the fact that you and others have flat out stated that "Samus sucks" and that those 3 are the most used characters in the current metagame. As far as my rhetoric in terms of Samus' move set relative to other characters' move sets, as well as strategies and tactics? I don't see how any of it is misleading.

Hive

Smash Lord
I'm honestly trying to find any good reason to switch back to samus. I love her as a character.
lol I never even had a choice... metroid is my fave series so I just had to be her <heart>....
but let's see if I can pull up some other reasons you should be samus...
1. She looks good in uniform :)
2. She's the only smash bros. character you can do darth vader impressions with.
3. She's armed with missiles, bombs, and laser beams.... but uses her grapple instead(now isn't that generous? when were grapples invented...Like the middle ages?)
4. She's the only character that could have a love life with R.O.B.[*...*]
5. If you get hit off the top of the level do you ever wonder why it counts as a ko? Yea, she flew into space... but she has a SPACE SUIT (its out of pity of course ^^)

If these aren't convincing enough I just don't know what is :( maybe samus isn't right for you...
I guess you could throw in that she has good projectile game and power... but these are trifles really...

kongfucius

Smash Cadet
lol I never even had a choice... metroid is my fave series so I just had to be her <heart>....
2. She's the only smash bros. character you can do darth vader impressions with.
3. She's armed with missiles, bombs, and laser beams.... but uses her grapple instead(now isn't that generous? when were grapples invented...Like the middle ages?)
5. If you get hit off the top of the level do you ever wonder why it counts as a ko? Yea, she flew into space... but she has a SPACE SUIT (its out of pity of course ^^)

If these aren't convincing enough I just don't know what is :( maybe samus isn't right for you...
I guess you could throw in that she has good projectile game and power... but these are trifles really...
same reasons for me too...you win.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
2.. -> I'm a chick :)
There are two key things here that that you have said that I will point out which pretty much sums up ALL I've been saying about Samus all along:

You say that you agree with HuGs that samus is "bad" in this game because she lacks good kO moves and has a slow fall. This is how I respond and reiterate:

1) Samus has combos
2) Samus does lots of damage per hit

These two thing paired together means that in the same time someone who can KO at 90% gets you to that percent, you can have them at 130% with Samus. This henceforth means that her inability to get a raw KO from the stage at , say, 90% essentially doesn't matter. To go along with this, and I have been saying this forever, Samus has an EXCELLENT off-stage game. If you happen to not get raw Ko's from the stage at early percents, but you spike the **** out of people at 80%, are you not getting the job done? It's called adapting to how your character of choice works. Lets also not forget that Samus is heavy, meaning that more than likely she WONT get KO'd at a low percent unless gimped, which is also hard to do to her. This means that she has ample time to get her opponent to the % needed to get the raw KO if that is what you are really going for.

Your second reason was that she falls slow. Well, given that this once again how your character of choice works, you use this to your advantage. Her slow falling is in fact what makes her so good in air combos and off-stage play. She staysin the air longer, so she can do more things off the stage before having to recover than say, Falco or Wolf. See my points?

None of these reasons for why Samus is a viable competetive character are false, nor are they misleading. Is she really "bad" in this game?

On another note, try this out: Knock Marth off the stage when he is at like 70%, and then chase him off the stage and hit him with nothing but a nair or two, and see what happens. He will drop to far down and get knocked just far enough away to not be able to get back, especially since you are going to up B and auto-snap to the edge faster than he can dolphin slash and hit you. Yet people say her nair sucks. You see my point? I am defending her as a character with good moves and tactical advantages, not talking myself up as a Samus player.

HugS

Smash Champion
@GUM

Ok very good. All that is impressive. To keep things simple, I was saying you were misleading because you'd post about how your opponents were good and how you have played at big tournaments but you would omit solid numbers and facts to back it up. Now you did, so it's easier to trust your views. That's all I was asking for. Names and results.

Haha. I'm not sure if you have any knowledge of me or who I am. But Samus is definately for me. I just don't think Brawl is for samus. I found that i hated Brawl most when I played samus, because this isn't the samus I know. To me, the developers completely overlooked her downfalls. If i continued to use Samus, I'd probably be too frustrated to keep playing smash. I love samus, but I like Smash more.

Hopefully someone would do for samus in Brawl what Wes and I did for her in Melee. I want to see that she has potential.

Hive

Smash Lord
don't worry gum i know what your saying.... :D
I know her slowfall means a better off stage game. I KNOW. I just think that it also sets her up for air combos big time... I'm not saying it doesn't have its advantages... just that the disadvantages are more so...
Her spike is amazing... but its not like you can land it well for every character..... for example zelda's, and sheik's teleport recoveries are really hard to land spikes on.. and if u get hit by them going in it could teleport u down instead :( Once the spike is gone... you're having to wait another 50% to have the option... Lots of gliding characters can get around the spike ok too...
Samus is heavy but it doesn't mean as much as it should... she can still get ko'd under 100%, without being gimped, pretty easily...
Its not like I don't try to know how to use samus correctly... I'm familiar with the points ur making... I just don't think she's high tier is all....
I dunno... its just my opinion really.... I try to look at how other character specifics view her too.... and she doesn't seem to be doing well... She's not bottom tier... but she's probably low... I could be wrong. I hope I am.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
You aren't.
With the current metagame, Samus is low-mid tier. She doesn't suffer as much as the likes of Captain Falcon and Mario, but she's definitely low-mid tier at the highest.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
One thing they kept the same about Samus from melee though is that she comes out of hit stun pretty fast. You can still nair out of most air combos and turn it into your own combo. Being floaty can hurt sometimes, but I wouldn't say the disadvantages are more so. We all know that bombs are a great way to make it back to the ground and It almost never fails unless YOU mess up. I actually think that zelda and shiek are the only ones that you shoudn't tr to gimp or spike. Other than that, gliders and be set up for spikes with missiles. You are right that she CAN get KO'd below 100%, but think about it like this: If she can then you definitely now MK or Sonic can. Relative to other characters, with good DI she can usually survive even heavy hits from Ike and friends. Marth's tipper is still a problem, but that goes for pretty much every character. All of these things are relative though. I've started developing a way to spike MK consistently, even though he is a character that people say you shouldnt try it on. This is pretty much just using bombs as he is chasing you off the stage to set him up for a spike afte getting hit by one, which he will, otherwise he isn't chasng you. I know for a fact thought that some like to just zair their way back to the stage, so It comes down to the individual as always.

Also, when I say high tier, Im not saying she is ACTUALLY high tier, but that she has the potential, as a lot of characters do. I still stand by my specualtion that the tier list won't be as important as it was in melee becasue there are so many good characters. My freind Boos won a pretty nice size tourney here with Wario, and only Wario. His opponent, Mashi, in the finals used Marth, MK, Falco and Snake. So many people doubt Wario just like Samus but look what can happen. Potential is all Im saying.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Samus is bad because...
1. Terrible at approaching
2. Few reliable methods of KOs
3. Projectile camping lost raw destructive power, and floaty factor makes everything about it slower
4. Ranged grabs generally suck (except maybe Olimar's?)
5. Big target = easily shield stabbed

What's good about Samus
1. Z-air spacing is very long and lagless
2. Recovery
3. Has at least one good out of shield option with Up-B (but her grab isn't a good OOS option sadly)
4. Veeeery good DI

Honestly I think Samus is the kind of character that has enough to make it difficult to play against her, but rarely enough to actually win since she is just too ****ing bad at killing, and doesn't have stellar ledgeguarding to back that up.

You aren't.
With the current metagame, Samus is low-mid tier. She doesn't suffer as much as the likes of Captain Falcon and Mario, but she's definitely low-mid tier at the highest.
Falcon is worse yes, but Mario is better than Samus.

Mario gets a few actual setups from Fireballs. They can be spammed faster, and go at better trajectories. If you ask me, Mario is also better at killing than Samus, since he actually has some kill options that aren't hard as hell to set up (at least the U-smash to name one), and he's waaaaaay better at ledgeguarding. Plus, his cape deters other campers from camping.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Samus is bad because...
1. Terrible at approaching
2. Few reliable methods of KOs
3. Projectile camping lost raw destructive power, and floaty factor makes everything about it slower
4. Ranged grabs generally suck (except maybe Olimar's?)
5. Big target = easily shield stabbed

What's good about Samus
1. Z-air spacing is very long and lagless
2. Recovery
3. Has at least one good out of shield option with Up-B (but her grab isn't a good OOS option sadly)
4. Veeeery good DI

Honestly I think Samus is the kind of character that has enough to make it difficult to play against her, but rarely enough to actually win since she is just too ****ing bad at killing, and doesn't have stellar ledgeguarding to back that up.

Falcon is worse yes, but Mario is better than Samus.

Mario gets a few actual setups from Fireballs. They can be spammed faster, and go at better trajectories. Mario is also better at killing than Samus, if you ask me since he actually has some kill options that aren't hard as hell to set up, and he's waaaaaay better at ledgeguarding. Plus, his cape deters other campers from camping.
Her edge guarding is exactly what back up her inability to KO. wutever though, Ive heard these things all too many times and they never stick as actual negatives in real matches. I think Mario is awsome, but not better than Samus. Its all in how you use your character. Its funny. Everyone outside of the people that have played or seen good Samus' say that she sucks.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't see why Samus is that good at ledgeguarding honestly, but you can correct me.

Samus's projectiles don't really work for ledgeguarding that well in Brawl. So about her aerial attacks. I guess she gets to move away from the stage a good distance. Her best two options I'd guess would be either the B-air, or the D-air. The D-air is hard to land due to being slow and easy to see coming. The B-air I guess is OK, but Samus's priority isn't anything to write home about.

Anyhow Mario has better ledgeguarding, because FLUDD stops people from grabbing the ledge, and Cape still gimps people like it did in Melee especially after you successfully FLUDD someone.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
@Gum, remind me when i lost to samus, i'd love to have my memory jogged, because as far as I know i've never lost a single match to a samus, at least in singles.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Her edge guarding is exactly what back up her inability to KO. wutever though, Ive heard these things all too many times and they never stick as actual negatives in real matches. I think Mario is awsome, but not better than Samus. Its all in how you use your character. Its funny. Everyone outside of the people that have played or seen good Samus' say that she sucks.
I've seen a good Samus.
I've played a good Samus.
I am a good Samus.
That doesn't change the fact that Samus sucks.

Hive

Smash Lord
I just realized something that might push her up to mid tier though....
because her downfall is fairly slow it gives the perfect opportunity to sabotage other people's controllers while they are planning an attack. Hehe, take that metaknight ^^

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I just realized something that might push her up to mid tier though....
because her downfall is fairly slow it gives the perfect opportunity to sabotage other people's controllers while they are planning an attack. Hehe, take that metaknight ^^
In what I assume was a brilliant attempt to mimic Samus someone I know once proved that wavebirds make excellent projectiles. No warmup time, too - no need to unplug from the GC/Wii. Too bad they don't manufacture those any more.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
haha i know a guy who used his controller chord to choke someone...and actually said before hand "im gonna choke you with my choke chord."

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
@GUM

Ok very good. All that is impressive. To keep things simple, I was saying you were misleading because you'd post about how your opponents were good and how you have played at big tournaments but you would omit solid numbers and facts to back it up. Now you did, so it's easier to trust your views. That's all I was asking for. Names and results.

Haha. I'm not sure if you have any knowledge of me or who I am. But Samus is definately for me. I just don't think Brawl is for samus. I found that i hated Brawl most when I played samus, because this isn't the samus I know. To me, the developers completely overlooked her downfalls. If i continued to use Samus, I'd probably be too frustrated to keep playing smash. I love samus, but I like Smash more.

Hopefully someone would do for samus in Brawl what Wes and I did for her in Melee. I want to see that she has potential.
Look at my tournament results. I place better and more consist than any other samus player in the USA.

acv

Smash Journeyman
i guess that the fact that so many people think that their main sucks make me think samus doesnt suck.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i actually think samus isnt that bad, she just has to be played a certain way, like a controlled style. everyone thinks she is bad because she lacks strong moves, but she just needs to be controlled.

i usually spam missles (short hop homing missle cancels when you land), which creates problems for most characters (except ones with reflectors, ugh). i find that missle to grab works really well, they must eat the missle or shield or dodge, and the grab will grab all 3. this basically forces your opponent to jump over your missles, cramping his options and therefore giving you the strategical advantage. this, paired in with "the Zair" (dubbed by forte, grapple canceling) creates frustration for any opponent, like a wall that must be broken through. homing missle also combos into full charge shot if you can shoot the charge shot when your missle hits them.

samus has lots of ledge tricks. the fact that she has a tether recovery, along with a semi-invincible upB that has good height and is hard to gimp. you can ledge hop homing missles onto the stage into a grab. her spike is moderately slow but useful, and her floatiness makes it easy to go out and chase people who are passive while recovering.

her bair and dtilt seem to be her best kill moves lool. dtilt will kill light chracters around 115 or so at full power, and youll need to be around 140-150 to kill people like DDD, DK, etc.

you can short hop double bair. dont fast fall, and you can squeeze in another bair just before you land. fast, strong move, and somewhat tricky. good to use.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
About her edge game, I really think that taking advantage of this will be key in her metagame. I had a vs Falco epiphany not to long ago. Allow me to share:

Falco can spam lasers faster than Samus can fire missiles and zair. You can squeeze in a missile or zair in between lasers, but he can avoid it and you will more than likely get blasted in the face anyway. I decided to just chill on the edge to avoid the laser spam. So we played the waiting game until finally Falco decides to come and get me. He attempts to dair spike me from the edge, which didn't work because I would drop off and snap bck to get more invince. frames or just drop off and tether. His only option from that point is to drop off the edge and either try to stage spike me or try another dair. This is what happens:

He more than likely wont try the dair because it is too risky. He bairs which I either dodge, or wall jump tech. From this point Falco has to rely on his vertical recovery, which means that he just lost a stock. The start up time gives Samus ample opportunity spike, which Falco cannot recover from, even at low damage. Even if he goes into his full up B, Samus' dair trades hits with it, resulting in a spike still.

This being said, taking Falco to the edge is one of the easiest ways to beat Falco as Samus. She has so many more options and so much more aerial control that once he is below the edge its gg.

@Orly:

I think he pretty much answered that. Projectiles ARE range. Close combat on the ground means that you make good use of her initial jab (which has amazing priority) and cancel it into her dtilt, which normally shield stabs low, and if they shield it knocks them far enough away to not be punished AND follow up with another dtilt which has the range to hit from there. Aerial close combat is only a problem against MK and Marth, in which case you SHOULDNT be in the air much at all. Outside of them, she has great priority with her fair and uair.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
well going against falco, you start camping the edge as soon as the match starts and just fish him for spikes. One successful spike and the match is yours unless you just **** up. Hell, at low damage you can just eat the bair and still spike him because you wont get stage spiked.

im gonna post some vids to show what i mean.

Top Bottom