• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So DJ Nintendo... 6 months passed by, so far $0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I understand there probably is a legitimate reason for this thread, my post wasn't directed at the OP so much as at the ******s who read two paragraphs and immediately launched in on the personal attacks.

Real mature, guys.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
****ing hell! not this **** again.

also chill the **** out with the flaming

t3h Icy

Smash Master
If you're living at home (no expenses), even a minimum wage job could get you several hundred in a month (dependent on hours/week).

Alukard

Smash Hero
me and dj are friends but as far as jobs go i don't wanna hear it, getting a minimum wage job is easy as f*ck in NYC. as undesirable as a minimum wage job may be DJ has no excuse for not paying his debts after half a year.

on a side note, Eggm where's my $500 you piece of sh*t
seriously THISSSSSS is coming from lil aziz. This is really the thing because even chops has spoken to me about somehow getting to Dj. But i can only do so much as a humane friendly convo ... i actually have helped him out.(not loaning money) There is a limit to kindness though. Dj come on ***** priorities son!!!! just put in that work for a couple months its really not that bad i did it at subways makin sammiches ... chopz is doing it at dominos ... aint no shame when u making the bread son.

dam hugs beasted !!!! kinda made me laugh and forgot wtf was the subject ... kinda sounded like hugo wanted to pop off and fight this nigg ... anyway this probably isn't going to help motivate soemone to pay u back. But it will ensure that other people dont get swindled for cash be it from whoever.

just for people like kanelol who question how close i am to dj

i live up the block from dj ... LOL

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I'm not out to trash him...it's about information.

After Tipped Off 5 in September of last year, when I was not paid upon his arrival, as promised, or even during his visit to Georgia, if I made a public thread about that the following would have never happened:
- G$ would not have gotten him a ticket to Florida quite soon after TO5
- The Great Leon would not have gotten him a ticket to Pat's House in..November?
- Rei would not have been inclined to "help him out because they needed a credit card" [iirc] for the hotel at Pound...only to be left hanging...and then make THIS thread...TWICE.

So like it's been said several times, this is MAINLY so no one else has to experience something like this.

People also need to understand that banning someone from an event like Apex isn't as much a punishment as it is a preventative measure. Attending Apex will require money, no matter which way you look at it. This is money he does not have. These unavoidable costs [fees/food/travel costs] will either be fronted by someone else OR they will come from whatever money he MAY have [though by simple virtue of owing others, that money is not "his"].

Basically it's just adding on yet another debt to an already-outrageous tab.

anyway this probably isn't going to help motivate soemone to pay u back. But it will ensure that other people dont get swindled for cash be it from whoever.
This.

Like I said, everything that happened with PBnJ didn't directly result in everyone being paid back. It didn't necessarily motivate him to right his wrongs, either. Over a period of time, direct and unrelenting communication were major factors in "motivating" him, aside from his own personal struggles with whatever problems/barriers that got him in that position.

I'm pretty sure this situation will have to follow a similar path.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Toasty hit the nail on the head. I'm going to quote that post in the first one so more people will read it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
wow kane, take your own advice and add some common sense to it.

lol don't you think people would be understanding (even more than they have starting with loaning money in the first place.)if he had given them a legitimate reason why he couldn't get a job due to some sort of family issues or legal trouble-anything really, don't just ignore them.

and don't borrow more money to go to more tourneys that you can't afford. thats irresponsible to the maxX. that just says you don't give a ****.

im am extremely open minded person myself but don't be naive.

your argument didn't even make sense and was easily countered with " I know him" or "get a job"

at this point im sure its more principal than money. they have made it this long without it, but dam-can you be that grimey.

all of that can be gathered from reading what people say. its pretty clear how everything went down.

not to mention this is thread "***** gimme my money 4" we seen this show already.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
seriously THISSSSSS is coming from lil aziz. This is really the thing because even chops has spoken to me about somehow getting to Dj. But i can only do so much as a humane friendly convo ... i actually have helped him out.(not loaning money) There is a limit to kindness though. Dj come on ***** priorities son!!!! just put in that work for a couple months its really not that bad i did it at subways makin sammiches ... chopz is doing it at dominos ... aint no shame when u making the bread son.

dam hugs beasted !!!! kinda made me laugh and forgot wtf was the subject ... kinda sounded like hugo wanted to pop off and fight this nigg ... anyway this probably isn't going to help motivate soemone to pay u back. But it will ensure that other people dont get swindled for cash be it from whoever.

just for people like kanelol who question how close i am to dj

i live up the block from dj ... LOL
**** Subway, Quizno's fo life NYUKKA!

subscribed

Reioumu

Smash Lord
The difference is he told me that all of the money would be paid (just like with toasty) so yeah. It was less of the borrowing, and more of what could be seen as stealing.

DJ needs to get his **** straight. That's ****** up Aziz.

D

Deleted member

Alright it's time to address some kind of mediation since it seems neither side has successfully done so.

First and foremost, smash is based on a grassroots community. To be frank, we have no executive means to handle irresponsibility on the part of our members aside from banning them from this forum or to relegate authority in person. That said, this thread will likely accomplish very little.

I suggest that each party known to have made a loan to DJN to entreat to main Tournament Hosts to make it a point to ban DJN from their respective events until those debts have been dealt with accordingly. I also suggest that moderation suspend his account as banned indefinitely. In the event that DJN resolves this conflict, both of those restrictions be lifted. If he does not resolve them, at least those lenders in conflict here achieve the satisfaction of knowing that it won't happen to their peers again.

And really, stop the flaming. No amount of trash talk is going to make any wallets thicker.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
His account can't be banned for things he did offline. I do agree with working with TO's to not let him enter tournaments, since that seems to have been what worked for PB&J.

Also, as I said in the PB&J thread when it came up, don't loan anyone any sum of money beyond like $5. Chances are if you are loaning them any large sum ($20 or more I would say), then they likely have no means to repay that sum since they didn't have it in the first place. It also brings up the whole problem of getting the money to you and such.

Still, this is ridiculous, how did you guys even get conned into loaning someone such large sums ($200)? Half the blame lies with the people who loaned him money for falling for it, as awful as that is to say.

Stop saying to sell illegal substances/stop the inappropriate comments people. If this thread can't stay civil/productive it will get closed. Figure out what tournaments he wants to go to, what TOs you need to contact about the situation, and who is owed what sums of money and document the date of the expense.

Alex: I'd suggest you not let him enter APEX until someone says they actually received money from him. Clearly his word has not been worth anything to this point. I believe this is the route you already plan to take but I wasn't sure if by action you meant words or real results (hopefully you meant results).

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
He lives in NYC. I think it's completely applicable. ****, even children can flip a hundred dollars into 2k in a day if they're good at it.

HugS™

Smash Lord
dam hugs beasted !!!! kinda made me laugh and forgot wtf was the subject ... kinda sounded like hugo wanted to pop off and fight this nigg ...
LOL Nah Alukard, I'm not trying to fight anyone.

I found it funny as I wrote it, but he needs to hear that ****, for many reasons.

Alukard

Smash Hero
LOL Nah Alukard, I'm not trying to fight anyone.

I found it funny as I wrote it, but he needs to hear that ****, for many reasons.
yo I for one have been saying that to everyone ... people dont approach him about the slightest things because they dont want to deal with w.e excuse or with him period ... so i totally agree with telling him exactly how u feel

yo ... but buying a plane ticket for a chick to go to a smash tourney that was a bit much ... if thats true wow

jugfingers

Smash Champion
is that why DJ was rockin the MIMI tag at the last no johns? lol

also this thread seems too polite, it should read

give me my ******* money DJ you ******* weasal.

or something to that effect.

HugS™

Smash Lord
yo I for one have been saying that to everyone ... people dont approach him about the slightest things because they dont want to deal with w.e excuse or with him period ... so i totally agree with telling him exactly how u feel

yo ... but buying a plane ticket for a chick to go to a smash tourney that was a bit much ... if thats true wow
I come from a region where you are expected to make fun of someone for their (controllable) flaws.

There ain't too much drama coming out of socal as a result. Meanwhile, you got backstabbing, cheating, stealing, and general griming going on all over every other region.

People need to take a lesson from Socal, and just learn to hate the people you love.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
@ AlphaZealot, regarding why I loaned him the money, since I feel it wouldn't hurt to explain...

It was maybe 2 weeks before Tipped Off 5.

I was smashin at PB&J's apartment [for the record, at this point, PB&J had actually paid me over half of what he initially owed me and not much time had really passed since my "transaction" with him began, so I had no reason to believe anything was up] and he brings up this post:

The only way I can come to this is if Hax or someone else pays for my plane ticket. I'll definitely pay them back since I have a good, sexy job lol. I'm in Florida right now returning tomorrow to New York and by the time I get the money to go, plane tickets will be too expensive.
I already knew he had a job at M&M World in NYC and I knew nothing beyond a positive reputation with regard to DJ.

That also sounds like a pretty sound explanation.

(But I'm also apparently an idiot. >_<)

Before I agreed to help out, Evan (PB&J) was on the phone with him and said "but you have to pay him as SOON as you get here...like money-in-hand when you see toasty...alright? alright."

Obviously, it didn't quite work out that way.

Edit:
I come from a region where you are expected to make fun of someone for their (controllable) flaws.

There ain't too much drama coming out of socal as a result.
LOL this slick *** n****

otg

Smash Master
omg. I'm on vacation, but I have to post cause this thread is made of ****ing gold. I need to send Jesse this.

sell ****ing crack and seriously make paper doing it if you have to.
Real talk.

aint no shame when u making the bread son.
Real talk.

Still, this is ridiculous, how did you guys even get conned into loaning someone such large sums ($200)? Half the blame lies with the people who loaned him money for falling for it, as awful as that is to say.
I'm with this 100% of the way. I love the NY scene so much, but I'll be ****ED if I'm giving anyone of you *****s $5 no less $200.

He lives in NYC. I think it's completely applicable. ****, even children can flip a hundred dollars into 2k in a day if they're good at it.
Once again real talk.

Mana you're gay. We shoulda chilled.

Atlus8

Smash Master

There ain't too much drama coming out of socal as a result. Meanwhile, you got backstabbing, cheating, stealing, and general griming going on all over every other region.

People need to take a lesson from Socal, and just learn to hate the people you love.
LMAO! Holy s#!+ You guys have no idea how much this works!

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
you're all a bunch of ****ing drama llamas

it's just money

in unrelated news, i don't see how talking **** about a dude all over the internet will inspire him to pay you back any faster

the truth is, there's maybe two or three people on this entire ****ing website that know the dude well enough to judge whether or not he's having a legitimate hard time trying to pay people back, or if he's just being a lazy douche.

also, even more unrelated news, did you cumrags ever consider that maybe the most important thing in his life isn't finding a minimum wage job as fast as possible to pay off his smash bros debt? maybe he's qualified for a much better job, which a few of you mongloids may be able to reason out takes longer to find.

i could go on for hours about all the idiocy in this thread, but it boils down to this: mind your ****ing business. just because some ****** decided to talk on the internet about how some guy owes him money doesn't mean that you, an innocent bystander with no previous knowledge of the situation (who's been told everything about this situation by someone with a no doubt rather skewed point of view), should hop in and immediately start criticizing.

but I'm rambling now. stop being ******s
i will treat this like and essay. here's my intro/thesis statement.
"ur and idiot"

body-5 main ideas
1) this isn't about inspiring the dj to pay ppl back faster. it is about informing everyone about such info so that they can avoid these kind of situations.

2) more than 2-3 ppl kno about what's actually goin on so stfu

3) getting a skilled job is not much different that gettin a random min wage one. if ur skilled they hire u. infact it should be faster to find a skilled job because not everyone is skilled therefore u can get jobs other ppl cant. either way, it's been a long enough time. also, dj doesn't have any skills so what beast job is he gona get?

4) its just money? then pay one of his debts for him or lend him money when he asks u for it. or were u just talkin **** over the internet cuz u feel safe if ur mama basement? ***** ***

5) shut the **** up.

conclusion
ur an idiot

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
although I agree, imma have to say chill out with the flaming, you hadn't even posted yet so kane wasn't even talking to you. this thread is too good to close.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
For me, I didn't front any money. Because hotels always need a credit card on file for the room, unless they pay the cash at the front during checkout, it gets charged to my card. DJ said everything was fine and they would have payed the front desk after everything was through.

Obviously that never happened.

But yes, this thread is mostly a preventative measure. Only way to get him to pay is really to constantly be pestering him about paying us back, as well letting his family know to hopefully pressure him into getting a job to pay us back. Forum posting won't do much.

Also I'm really tired of the spam and flaming posts. I'm going to start reporting all of them.

Alukard

Smash Hero
LMFAOOO^^^^

hey hugs ... can we still agree to hate the people that are ********

EDIT!!!!

i'm referring to who g$ just took a massive nyc dump on LOLOL

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
oh and toasty. loving the sig ;)

and @ kaostar. i was just responding to him in a tone he's used to. if he was just tryina speak his mind and he was some what naive to what was goin on, den i could cut him some slack. but not if he wants to be a loud mouth tryin to sound tough for everyone. but i'll keep it down with the flaming a bit....

after this last one. HE CA SUCK MA ****!! ;)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm with AlphaZealot. I can't fathom why anyone would willing "loan" someone hundreds of dollars for reasons that has anything to do with attending a video game tournament.

Maybe I like my money way more than some people...

Or some of you are way too trusting of people in general. Anyway this really wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone who may have loaned DJ money. I just find it fascinating cause it would never enter my mind to loan someone any amount of money for a smash tourney.

Frames

DI
daaaaaaamn **** is crazy

it sux that this hasn't changed cuz dj and i are cool and i dont like to see people in bad situations...it sux that hes in this mess but it sucks worse for the people who gave him money...smashers are cool because most smashers are unusually generous compared to most people...smashers house people/feed people/drive people usually with minimal cost just because they play smash...and a lot of times they dont even know these people so well, its pretty remarkable really so it sucks to see when things like this happen

hope everythin works out for ya dj and for everyone who lost money

also g$ god dam LOL

otg

Smash Master
\smashers are cool because most smashers are unusually generous compared to most people...smashers house people/feed people/drive people usually with minimal cost just because they play smash...and a lot of times they dont even know these people so well, its pretty remarkable really so it sucks to see when things like this happen
See, I'm not ******** enough to give DJ money, but I definitely get taken advantage of like this all the time by people.

but then again, it's the small price you pay for being the ****.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
people just go out of their way for each other. you just wouldn't think somebody would "scam" like that. *****s leave laptops, tv, gc, wii, phones and don't think nothing of it.

a dude asking for a couple hundred for a plane ticket and will pay you when he gets there seems hella innocent. ppl just wanna do what they can to help. this community thrives on people who put themselves out there, if everyone looked out for themselves melee would probably not be as big or such a **** *** community.

I like being able to trust and support fellow smashers.

lets not **** it up dj!
@ kaostar. i was just responding to him in a tone he's used to. if he was just tryina speak his mind and he was some what naive to what was goin on, den i could cut him some slack. but not if he wants to be a loud mouth tryin to sound tough for everyone. but i'll keep it down with the flaming a bit....

after this last one. HE CA SUCK MA ****!! ;)
lol hit that ***** wit the cok mobile-definitely no di!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
this community thrives on people who put themselves out there, if everyone looked out for themselves melee would probably not be as big or such a **** *** community.

I like being able to trust and support fellow smashers.
I agree but IMO theres a fine line between supporting the melee community and being naive.

Me and 2 of my old smasher roommates housed probably over 100 people in the span of a year or 2 back in 06/07 in the Orlando, FL area. We obviously trusted them to a certain extent to let them stay at our apartment. But I wasn't about to lend any of them several hundreds of dollars so they could go to an out of state smash tourney.

Again thats not meant to be offensive towards anyone. I'm sure anyone who loaned the kid money had good intentions. It's just hard for me to understand how anyone would think loaning someone hundreds of dollars for a video game tournament is a good idea. That's just not the way I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom