• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Ok Kone, we'll do as you said (I think we'll go to the venue)

Just one last thing:

Oh and, We'll def use Easybus for going to London from the airport, luckily that goes ever hour, but uhm, I don't know, can't we do the ticket when we are there (since for example maybe the plane has some delays and we miss it or stuff) ? I mean, if we make the ticket when we are near the bus itself, will the price go higher than what's on the website?

LAST thing (I swear XD): on megabus it says like: 8 seats = £8.00 does that mean that that's the Total?
Can you help with this?

thanks ;)

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah dax i think that is your best bet. By the time you have messed on getting from london stansted to someones house in london then from there in the morning to birmingham then from birmingham city centre to the venue you may aswell just go from stansted to the venue and then sleep :)

Ill read the website for you and get back to you in abit :)

Kone

Smash Master
If you have booked your plane tickets to this could you please register on the website so me and charles know where we are a with numbers, thankyou. We also need to get money asap to the venue.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Well we are 3 danes who have booked and a few more should book soon. I'll look into registering later today probably. I'll try getting the others to do so as well :)

Dax

Smash Journeyman
There are 7 italians booked, but at the moment we can't register yet because we need to solve with the buses first and i'm not sure if we will have more money for that (for now, obviously) sorry!

Our main problem is that we have totally no idea where the buses start and arrive to, and so no idea on how long does it take to get for example from birmingham to stansted counting all (since our back flight is at 14.00, we'll leave as soon as possible).
For example on megabus there is this:

06:15 Depart Birmingham, The Priory Queensway Stop PC
Arrive London, Victoria Coach Station 09:30

but I have no idea if we can get to "The Priory Queensway Stop PC" at 6.15 of the morning lol
and have no idea where victoria coach station is and if it's far from where easybus is (like baker street)

the first we'll solve the first we'll register ^^

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Haha, I previously thougt I'd have 100€ left for all expenses (food etc) during my 17 day APEX+SNY1 trip. Well, I just found out I had forgot something that makes that 100€ into exactly 0€. Had I known this a month ago I would've skipped this tournament, but now that all flights and trains are booked I guess I'll have to make it somehow.
Since I'm going minus anyway, I might just do it properly and worry about money after the summer. I'll register when I've decided how much I'm willing to pay...

Kone

Smash Master
ajp - no problem. remember we are catering for food and there will be be basics (coffee/tea) provided. Except tournament fees you may not have to spend stuff at sny if you play it tight.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
At the registerpage, where the tournament fees is listed it says "international FREE", what does that mean?

Also:"
At the start of each set both players will have the chance to ban one level for the entire set.

LEVEL RULES

Stage striking will be used
"
Ban then stagestrike?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
awesome <3

it means international crews is free >_>

why would it mean anything else?

banning is after the first game

7 beds taken 73 left

Edit: Good **** joanna dark! =D first european outside of the UK to book

smakis

Smash Ace
glad you mentioned the birmingham airport, not only did the price drop a lot, i now land in the city where the tourny is being held <3 (too bad cork doesnt fly to birmingham, 20 euro return from cork to dublin, then another 20 for dublin - birmingham, still really cheap)

to be fair fuzzy it says international only on the site =P, doesn't say crews

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yeah im asking the designer to change that ^_^"

Also to all UK smashers, if you wanna pay for SNY in person that's fine. Give me the money at smashGT3 or a smashfset

Europeans are welcome to pay me for SNY in person too while I'm at Epita if you find that easier, I'll add you to the player list as soon as I get back

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Kone, when can we calculate on getting a housing-thread? :)
also, we'd like to come to birmingham monday night, is that allright?

i'll try to talk to you on msn or something, we need to get things planed :D

stelzig

Smash Lord
Sorry about not registering yet, i'm still trying to talk with other danes if some of them also wants beds and then try to get some near eachother and such. :)

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Hi Kone, i'm currently in the process of ordering bus-tickets for the danish smashers through this homepage:http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx

We should be arriving at Stanstead Airport, what should i type as destination? I can see there are multiple stops in Birmingham. Thanks.

Also, Smasher89, you gotta teach me how to play against the IC's as Fox.

Edit: I was told to ask: is it possible to get an area where the danish people can put their stuff and sleep close to each other? - perhaps if we order some beds?

Kone

Smash Master
Navn - On www.nationalexpress.com just put in birmingham (if there are options go with city centre). If the coach from stansted doesn't go to birmingham directly OR is expensive it maybe cheaper for you to book the coach to london city centre then from there to birmingham. Use nationalexress to do this but book separate tickets. They basically operate really cheap tickets between london and other places, hence why booking two tickets maybe cheaper.

The bedrooms available range from 1 bed rooms to (i think) 16 bed rooms. Book beds for the Danes and let me know how many there are of you. Ill arrange for you to be together.
I beleive that most bed rooms are lockable aswell.

Nearer the time (July) ill get a detailed floor plan of the bedrooms online and who is going to be placed where.

Due to health and safety reasons those that opt for floor space will HAVE to sleep on the floor space in either the spare lounge (located on the bottom floor) OR on floor space in the bedrooms.

So, it is possible for groups to book a combination of beds and floor space and ask me to be accomodated in one of the larger rooms together. A lot of the rooms are of a good size with ample floor slape available.

Anyone that is found sleeping in the hallways, sports hall (where the setups will be) OR on the ground floor spare rooms will be promptly thrown out of the venue. It is a fire hazard as they could potentially block escape routes and the owners of the venue have warned me against it.

Kone

Smash Master
Yomi - I will get a housing thread available next weekend (when im officially free from work for the summer). The housing thread will be more concerned with dealing with those that need housing around the london area before/after the tournament.

For those that want housing in Birmingham Monday or Thursday night can stay at mine. I have a good sized four bedroom house that is mine. It will be cramped and there will be no tvs there but everyone is welcome to stay (tvs be at the venue already for tuesday morning start). Everyone that is foreign I mean, brits can go straight to the venue tuesday and leave thursday night.

edit - there will be 1 tv at mine as its my new tv and wont be going to the venue lol

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
it'd be more convenient if people came on the tourney days to stay :v I'm being forced to do that for epita >_>

but yeah. if you really got no choice we'll help

book up and register on the website guys!

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
What "big names" are coming to this?
IVP is interested but needs to choose between this and RoS5, and his teammate also wants to know if it's worth it to come.

Kone

Smash Master
Uhm at the moment it is looking like armada/frenchies/british and some germans. Im going to work on getting the dutch booked next week and see if we can convince some of there top players aswell as some of the other top germans. I know ice said he was insterested will look into convincing him.

Charles/Armada: try persuade the top players you know aswell lol you'll have more pulling power.

Either way im sure this will turn out to be a large event, still 2 months to go and it is next week when ill start going all out with pushing the tournament. Also, i dont think ros5 has been announced so i doubt itll get a big turnout this late.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
At this point I also doubt RoS5 will be anything more than a small local tournament, if it's even going to happen.
But atm IVP doesn't think it's worth the money to come to this either, let's just hope that more good players will register before the flight prices go up...

grayfox

Smash Champion
You guys need to make it over, I've been to large Swedish and Dutch tourneys but no one compares to Ed when it comes to hosting tournaments.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
this is definitely worth coming to, me and ed are amazing hosts <3 and im sure the best players will come

armada is coming all the way back from the US to come to this!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I can give the money to you right Charles? Cuz if I can do that, I'd prefer to do so. =]

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
uh, where are you from? o.o who are you?

the payments on the website go to me :s I cant take the money from you in person at the event cause we need to pay for all the 80 beds 2 weeks or so before

Please book asap guys, we need the 80 beds to be taken before the start of August

also the earlier you book, better chance of getting a bed ;)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
It's Willz, if you can let some of the EM guys pay in person Charles that'd be appreciated. Assuming they pay in the next month or so of course.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Okay my bro Willz wants to talk:

I can't pay Charles as I won't be attending any tourney from now till SNY. If anyone from LC or George could pay Charles/Kone that would be a lot more helpful as I can't use paypal as my parents are like INTERNETZ R BAD 4 UR MONEYZZZ. I'll pay you back the next time I see you ofc.

(btw the post above was to troll Charles but you deleted the other posts George so it makes no sense now lol)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I should be able to pay for you come GT3 Will, or if Brad or anyone else etc is there maybe you could give the money to them.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
nooo tope T__T

keep signing up guys!

I'll prob make an interest list when im less busy

was watching E3 today, good show from ubisoft and microsoft :D

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
gj joe! there's literally like a month and a bit left to register so please pay asap guys, we need all the beds taken 2 weeks before for SNY to happen <3

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Interested List

Confirmed + Registered
--------------------

Kone
Fuzzyness
Jolteon
Joanna Dark
Tamoo
J03
X1-12
Yeniths
Crabman
Fortune Cookie
Jonas

Interest list
---------------------

UK

Professor Pro
Willz
grayfox
Cpt.zeppo
Tamoo
jjlinyard
AmcD
Deathgazer
J3ly
King_NDJ
K-Man (only black peach player in EUrope)
Monty
Smakis
gm jack
Unreal
Aiko
Bullet Bill
Bishkin
L-J
Y42?
Khang
SmashinJew
Tako
JJFox
Swizzy
jalued
MrOtter
Hao
Frozenwave
concaib
ShiftingShadows28
craiigg
Pickled No0b
Callum
Willz
Lelliel
Bristols_link64
imoneofthem (fuzz's brother)

Denmark

Navn
stelzig
Jonas
Tomber
MINI
Oskar
Dew
Abild
Oni Nick
Coco
Thias
Eagle

Sweden

Armada (pretty much confirmed)
Aniolas (pretty much confirmed)
Smasher89
ajp_anton
IVP
Smakis
Pepito
Yuna
Fushidara

Holland

Amsah
Quic
Mind Trick
Shino
Marc
Exalador
(Prince)Shadow
Rian
Utto
Ryuker
yuki

France

Baxon
Slhoka
porc
Salepate
Wii Lee
Lal Tsuna
Mrik
Tekk
Feca-Link
Panda Soldier
Mahie
Shloub

Italy

Aldwyn
Dax
melt87
7 Italians booked

Finland

Samochan
NeutralDamage

Austria

Falcinho
Other Austrians

Germany

Yomi
Tero
Wschl
Staco
Wschl
Usleon

Portugal

King Funk

Spain

Tavi
Strawhat
Over
K-12
Iced
Urolok
Nemo

US

Tope
Cyrain
Cash Mooney

Unknown

Requiem
I made the lists, so if you're not on it tell me ^_^ 122 on this list

stelzig

Smash Lord
You can take tomber off the list. Dew is unlikely too. The rest of the danes listed there are pretty much confirmed though and we will probably register on the site very soon :) (though we forgot to discuss this when we met last weekend >_<)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom