• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol I'm REALLLY look forward to this event and I think I can perform sick if i'm playing on point.....Will be interesting to get a general idea where I rank in Europe since I have no idea except for what who have gone outside the UK have said but even there not tooo sure....I definitely think I will suprize alot of Europeans.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
13 people registered so far, earlier the better tbh. Step it up europeans

registration will close 3 weeks before SNY (20-23rd July). If you want a bed I recommend paying asap. All 80 Beds must be taken by the 20-23rd July or SNY cannot happen. The 80 beds + floor space have to be paid to the venue owners 2 weeks beforehand (27th July) Aside this floor space can also be taken obviously once the beds are fully booked.

Kone

Smash Master
SNY will happen JD ^_^ we just need to pressure people into booking. The full amount payable to the venue *INCLUDES* floor space. So when registration closes it closes for beds and floor space.

Ill remind people again the beds are really nice and in a lot of separate rooms. There are single bedrooms and large bunkhouse rooms. Having a bed will make the tournament experience so much more comfortable for you. I am saying this directly to those who dont or haven't been to a european tournament (vast amounts of the brits). Sleeping on the floor will take place in very specific places.

Neutroni - awesome very pleased to see finnish interest, anyone coming with you?

JD - Can you see who else from france is insterested in coming? i can remember my login details for the french forums lol.

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
Neutroni - awesome very pleased to see finnish interest, anyone coming with you?
Thanks =]. I have tried to advertise this tourney to other finnish players, and there seems to be little interest, but they are not yet convinced to come. Except Samochan, though she has some money issues, so Im not sure if she is coming or not.

About that registered list, I thought that Britain had a relatively large Melee scene by their own also?. So I just wonder how so few british players have registered to this considering how big the scene is?

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Thanks =]. I have tried to advertise this tourney to other finnish players, and there seems to be little interest, but they are not yet convinced to come. Except Samochan, though she has some money issues, so Im not sure if she is coming or not.

About that registered list, I thought that Britain had a relatively large Melee scene by their own also?. So I just wonder how so few british players have registered to this considering how big the scene is?
As far as I know, Samo is not going to come, because things got just too expensive... and she always money johns.

Hey Neutroni, remember me? we met in Oulu for the finnish tourney about 2 years ago already. I´m the chilean guy who was on exchange in Oulu at the time.
You´ve got a team partner already, or do you plan to team with someone ? If not, we could team up if you like =) ( I´m coming with Tero and Yomi from Germany, but those two are playing together, so it leaves me wit no team partner at all... And i´d like to team up with someone I know, even though there are not really a lot of europeans players I know xD)

I´ll try to get Tero, Yomi and me registered in the upcoming 2 weeks

Kone

Smash Master
NuetralDamage - The British scene is very large. Those that have registered on the website are those that have fully paid, not, those that are interested. The British scene will be turning up to this en masse especially since its very cheap from london to birmingham. They just aren't in a rush to register as they dont need to pay for flights etc so don't feel in a rush to pay. Id expect a lot book last few weeks lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
From what I know there's prob about 50/60 British players coming to this.
So there's gonna be a good amount of British people coming to it.

The European just need to step up and come to this!!!

I know Armada and Aniolas are coming to this since Charles is housing them and Armada also said he wants to check out the sites in London.

Hopefully this gets advertised at ESA4 as well :)

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
Usleon: Yeah I remember you, your Marth was awesome! I have promised to team with Pasi in the next tournament we both attend to, but I don't know if he is coming to this. If he is not, then I can team with you^^

NeutralDamage - The British scene is very large. Those that have registered on the website are those that have fully paid, not, those that are interested. The British scene will be turning up to this en masse especially since its very cheap from london to birmingham. They just aren't in a rush to register as they dont need to pay for flights etc so don't feel in a rush to pay. Id expect a lot book last few weeks lol.
Okay, you got me convinced, thanks for info :).

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Usleon: Yeah I remember you, your Marth was awesome! I have promised to team with Pasi in the next tournament we both attend to, but I don't know if he is coming to this. If he is not, then I can team with you^^
Ok, I'll wait then, I should start to practice some finnish ^^.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
From what I know there's prob about 50/60 British players coming to this.
So there's gonna be a good amount of British people coming to it.

The European just need to step up and come to this!!!

I know Armada and Aniolas are coming to this since Charles is housing them and Armada also said he wants to check out the sites in London.

Hopefully this gets advertised at ESA4 as well :)
Armada wanting to sightsee, wtf?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Any other euros wanna mm? , im basically open to absolutely any

darkusleon? Love to get the chance to play a chilean smasher
rocky? Hate falcon but i gotta learn i guess :/
Neutroni?

_Rocky_

Smash Ace

Neutroni?
Yeah sure why not
2£ Bo5? lol

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yes to both rocky and mind trick, cheers guys :)

Also, can't wait to play you mind trick, don't think u were at my only euro even and i really wanted some good yoshi experience (fuzzy's a bit meh ;) )

And yeah im a jiggs

so my mms so far are u guys, tero and yomi

pheX

Smash Apprentice
Hey there guys!
I'm considering to come. I've checked out the flights they are cheap as hell. I approve :D
I'd come with the other German guys : Tero, Yomi and Usleon.

But I would need housing from 09.08 - 13.08 So one day before, and one day after the tournament. As far as I know the other Germans need housing too but even longer. Is there anyone who can house the 4 of us? <3

Kone

Smash Master
pheX - I can house in Birmingham the night before the tournament (monday) and the night after (thursday) potentailly i can house sunday night aswell. There is another thread, underneath this one, if you are wanting to try request housing elsewhere i.e. london. Just be aware like normal large tournaments housing isn't an issue with this one as I can house in Birmingham. However, it only becomes an issue when your flying into london and what specific housing around there.

Just looked at your dates pheX lol and aslong as you get to Birmingham I can house you. Get the coach from london (www.nationalexpress.com OR www.megabus.com) to Birmingham. When you get to Birmingham coach station you need to walk to Birmingham Moor Street and get on a train from there to Stourbridge Junction. The traint takes 20 mins and I live beside the train station. For any walking distances you need just use google maps. If this sounds complicated let me know and ill put it all in google maps for you and copy and paste it here =D

__________________________________________________________________________________

The above goes for anyone that is coming to mine for housing. When you get into Birmingham by coach or train head to BIRMINGHAM MOOR STREET TRAIN STATION. Get on a train to STOURBRIDGE JUNCTION (on the outskirts of birmingham). Trains takes around 20 minutes. When you get of ring me (ILL POST NUMBER LATER) then ill walk down and get you from train station as I live beside it :).

If you fly into Birmingham airport you can get the train from there to Stourbridge Junction.

In Birmingham itself there are three main train stations;

1. Birmingham New Street
2. Birmingham Moor Street
3. Birmingham Snowhill

and one main coach station. They are all very close to each other and within a five minute walking distance (if not quicker). If you need to get to mine for housing you need to go to the second one. Just find out where you arrive in Birmingham and then use google maps to get walking distances to Birmingham Moor Street to get to my house for housing.

For those going direct to the venue you can either catch a very quick train or bus there from the city centre. Ill post that information closer to the time as you'll just buy on the day anyway. Or if you want to be lazy and there is a large group of you you could just get a taxi from outside Birmingham New Street train station. It wouldn't cost more than £2-5 each (will ring taxi company and get a direct quote for people).

Tero.

Smash Champion
Hey there guys!
I'm considering to come. I've checked out the flights they are cheap as hell. I approve :D
I'd come with the other German guys : Tero, Yomi and Usleon.

But I would need housing from 09.08 - 13.08 So one day before, and one day after the tournament. As far as I know the other Germans need housing too but even longer. Is there anyone who can house the 4 of us? <3
*approves* <3

We (at least Yomi, Usleon and me) probably don't need housing before the tournament because we're arriving late on monday at Stansted airport and taking a coach to Birmingham in the same night (we'll be kinda ****ed up when we arrive tho I guess).

Still love to have housing in London after the tournament (check the housing topic), somebody please help us out, we're all really nice guys (:

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace

Neutroni?
I'm no euro, so I guess no MM for me :p. But anyways, I'm not really into MM...
Freeplay would be awesome tho. And you can call me Usleon :p

Kone

Smash Master
Mindtrick - There is plenty of parking at the venue. For you dutchies I have said since the start driving is your best bet (as not many airlines fly from the netherlands to london/birmingham for cheap as its a short distance). Drive to either dunkerque (closer to yourself obviously) or calais and cross with either p&o or norfolkline to Dover (www.poferries.com or www.norfolkine.com). From Dover drive to either mine (Stourbridge DY9 7LE 33 Grange Road) or straight to the venue. Your best bet for really cheap ferry crossings is late at night or early morning though. So, you may want to travel over early morning Monday then catch up sleep at mine during Monday (or if you can hack it straight to the venue).

5 people in the car + ferry return +driving to the venue form holland return is really cheap. We did it for Zest 4 for £30 return per person :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well what Europeans want to MM me this tournament.

Gonna have to start beating some Europeans to know where I stand so bring the MM's on.....I don't really care who lol :)
But obviously the money has to be sensible..........I am not a rich individual lol :(

BTW I am ranked 1st/2nd in the UK (I DESTROYED Fuzzyness at the last event and will do at the one coming up making me confirmed 1st) just so people have an idea of where about I am.

Tamoo

Smash Master
oh west midlands? If you wanna meet up sometime in the future, i'd be more than happy, i live in oxford so not too much of a trek.

You should def get some experience of other players before your first ever tournament, hit me up on Private messages or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom