• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
M2K is the best, thats why, Ally is running up there with him though

and don't double post, there is an edit button for a reason

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
That's a good question. Those pairs should brawl each other more.
or...y'know, for the first time
I am starting to think you are trying to artificially raise your post count. You are posting silly things that either can't be answered or have an easily found answer. You aren't funny, most are ignoring you, and you aren't helping anyone.
calm down, if you think he's spamming or "artificially raising his post count" isn't responding to it doing the same for you? if you don't like him ignore him and leave it at that or argue via PMs, this is the Q&A

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
or...y'know, for the first time

calm down, if you think he's spamming or "artificially raising his post count" isn't responding to it doing the same for you? if you don't like him ignore him and leave it at that or argue via PMs, this is the Q&A
Sorry. I didn't he was a frequent spammer. I responded cos I didn't know that

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
ok so i see a bunch of *******es hating on me cuz apparantly i want my "post count up".

thank you blackheretic and others for backing me up.

i just wanted an opinion on what you think how the matchup would end up going.

btw i havent been posting stupid questions ******* (well bsides the snakedash and the nair bcuz i wanted to see if you guys would answer me or redirect me to some other sticky and i did it for the lulz). did you not see the question i posted before this one???? geez ignorant people these days....

edit: i am too.........like show offy with my nades...is this bad?

like i do a light tossed nade then jump and push Z to grab it and either i throw it down or a push Z again to drop it in midair. another thing i do is throw a nade by just pushing B then i shield drop another one grab the one i shield dropped and push b so that the opponent thinks that i threw it.

is this a bad thing? since i am wasting my time in a match doing this even though i think it helps just a bit?

Browny

Smash Hater
Why is bair so good?

And does anyone else use ledgehop bairs -> regrab as an edgeguard like me? It works well against pikachu quick attack, marths recovery :D

Tero.

Smash Champion
ok so i see a bunch of *******es hating on me cuz apparantly i want my "post count up".
who cares about post count anyway?
(+1)

just relax guys and get back to snake discussion cause that's why we're here mirite? =)

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Why is bair so good?

And does anyone else use ledgehop bairs -> regrab as an edgeguard like me? It works well against pikachu quick attack, marths recovery :D
I generally wouldn't risk the stagespike but its pretty good a few times a set

@ MP, we always direct to the stickies, no need to test us =p

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
(requoting question)
i am too.........like show offy with my nades...is this bad?

like i do a light tossed nade then jump and push Z to grab it and either i throw it down or a push Z again to drop it in midair. another thing i do is throw a nade by just pushing B then i shield drop another one grab the one i shield dropped and push b so that the opponent thinks that i threw it.

is this a bad thing? since i am wasting my time in a match doing this even though i think it helps just a bit?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
As long as you don't get punished for it then there is nothing wrong with doing that. It can add some extra mindgames in some cases. Just make sure you won't get punished for getting fancy before you do it.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
its a pretty good way to cook them without people realizing it sometimes

is your flashiness losing you matches? if not, you're not too flashy

K 2

Smash Lord
What's the difference between Snake's taunts, other than the time limit?

Which taunt is shortest, time-wise?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You can make him get out of his box whenever you want by just pushing A. I'm pretty sure they're all the same. But even if they aren't, I don't see why taunts even matter, LOL.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Up taunt is fastest, left and right taunts are the medium speed, and down taunt is the slowest.

Edit: Or maybe I read the question wrong and you should just listen to Ken.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You can make him get out of his box whenever you want by just pushing A. I'm pretty sure they're all the same. But even if they aren't, I don't see why taunts even matter, LOL.
I want to edge guard with his taunt so badly... The box works the same as the Wario's Bike right? If so then it should be possible...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It can hit multiple times, but it hits people sideways, so pretty much your only chance of getting a box kill is if it happens to stage spike them.

K 2

Smash Lord
Oh thanks.

I got another question. When I use the first part of Snake's ftilt, it sometimes keeps them stunned in place, it sometimes trips them, and it sometimes knocks them really far (so far, that I can't follow up with ftilt 2). Why does this happen? Is there anyway to control it?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Oh thanks.

I got another question. When I use the first part of Snake's ftilt, it sometimes keeps them stunned in place, it sometimes trips them, and it sometimes knocks them really far (so far, that I can't follow up with ftilt 2). Why does this happen? Is there anyway to control it?
And to build on this question... What is inescapable after the trip?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Oh thanks.

ok, first hit of ftilt's effects:
the tripping is random
the stun is the regular effect of the first hit of ftilt

it has knockback when the opponent is basically inside of you or when they're in the air

And to build on this question... What is inescapable after the trip?
I think a jab, another ftilt, grab, and probably uptilt but there might be some I missed that somebody else will elaborate further on

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
at K 2: the ftilt that makes them go far is if you land the knee while the opponent is in midair.

most of the time it will keep them stunned, once in a while it will trip them. and no you cannot control it.

at phloat: im not sure what is inescapable, maybe fsmash?

and about the box thing. if i am correct back then in august when the snake boards were dead, A LOT of people were claiming that each box has bigger knockback. i think it was down taunt that had the biggest knockback.

K 2

Smash Lord
Wait, is it possible to "lock" someone in the stun of ftilt 1? I've seen multiple videos demonstrate a ftilt 1 lock, but these were in combo videos, so the opponents might just suck and not know how to get out of it.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
the can DI out and I think powershield it too, just go for the jab -> ftilt and get back to nade camping ;)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Try this one when you have double snakes in teams. When it's down to 2v1 get the person in between the two snakes and just do the first ftilt over and over. It's too good if you space it correctly. My friend and I have gotten it in a match before. It's so funny.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I don't know, I'm guessing not. Cause the first ftilt stuns them on the ground for your next hit. But if they keep getting hit with the first hit over and over without time to recover from the stun, then I'm pretty sure they can't get out.

That's all theory craft though. I can't test it out right now because it's too hard to time two snakes doing f tilt and trying to DI with a third controller all by yourself lol.

beenman

Smash Rookie
is it common knowledge that you can grab from holding a grenade, its just i've never seen it done?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I'm assuming most people know that. Cause once you shield drop your grenade you can do anything you normally could from your shield, including grabbing. It's a good mix-up to use.

beenman

Smash Rookie
but you can grab stright away, by pressing grab. no shild animation at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom