• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Does wearing camouflage that looks remotely similar to the stage REALLY help the person using Snake?

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I got another question.

Does my method of grenade cooking work?

I call it 'Nade Ballin'. Here's how I go about it;

Pull out a grenade > Shield Drop > Grab Grenade > Short Hop > Down Throw > Nair (to catch) > Throw it a the opponent.

I'm gonna work on timing/accuracy, and I'm going to figure out the aspects of range that play a role in this trick. I've been doing it all day, and it seems to work well. I'm trying to switch up my grenade game, so I was just wondering what the Snake Boards opinion on my method'll be.

Oh yeah, I have ANOTHER question.

When recovering through use of the C4, I have trouble. I always end up DI'ing downwards and dying. It seems noobish, as in most videos I've seen, Snake users can do it with ease. Any tips to help me with this problem?

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Nair has a TON of end lag, try uair instead.

Make sure you don't fastfall, just Hold DOWN during your up-B then just mash B, it should work.

:mewtwo:
Aw, I liked the nair, sir. It doesn't get THAT much end lag when it's SH'd, but I'll try the uair.

Hm, that sounds useful. I just hope that I can actually think of holding the joystick down... I'll have to grind it into my brain.

Thanks!

-Ran

Smash Master
Any ending lag needs to be avoided. The goal of Smash is to produce as few openings as possible, and a move that intentionally causes a gap in your defense is one to be avoided. What is gained by the 'grenade trick' aside from a tad bit of showmanship?

IxxI

Smash Fence
Alright, I got another question.

Does my method of grenade cooking work?

I call it 'Nade Ballin'. Here's how I go about it;

Pull out a grenade > Shield Drop > Grab Grenade > Short Hop > Down Throw > Nair (to catch) > Throw it a the opponent.

I'm gonna work on timing/accuracy, and I'm going to figure out the aspects of range that play a role in this trick. I've been doing it all day, and it seems to work well. I'm trying to switch up my grenade game, so I was just wondering what the Snake Boards opinion on my method'll be.

Oh yeah, I have ANOTHER question.

When recovering through use of the C4, I have trouble. I always end up DI'ing downwards and dying. It seems noobish, as in most videos I've seen, Snake users can do it with ease. Any tips to help me with this problem?
1. I don't think its worth it, too much lag from the nair for you to be punished and blown up by the nade.

2. Use the C4 while your on the cypher. Not after it. Otherwise you fast fall.

Staco

Smash Champion
Catch it with Z, lol.
Sometimes I directly throw a grenade back (so that it goes up about me). And then I jump and pick it up with Z.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
umm yeah, I would just air dodge through the grenade to pick it up.

anyways I got 2 questions,
firstly I've been having trouble sticking c4 below the lip of the edge, is there a trick to it? and what levels can it be done on?

secondly I'm trying to think of a good way to make my opponent try to go over onto the level rather than grab the ledge, for instance diddy kong, cause then its pretty much a free forward smash.
any ideas?
hypothetically they are up pretty high so legde hogging wont really work cause they can just hit you off

X(opponent)

S (snake) L (want them to land here or something?)
----------------------------------------------------------
;
;
;

k go havokk, you know what you doing, take off every zig

napZzz

Smash Hero
luke dont air dodge to catch a nade, just hit z in the air to catch it with no laggy stupid air dodge animation

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
Got a Q

Sometimes thrown grenades are "Clanked" instead of explosive when hit

is it invincibility frames (on the grenade) or certain moves?

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
=O really i may have dicover something then cause i just kept jumping =]

well i have a replay save and i jumped (grounded) ,jumped again (mid air), and jumped again (mid air) with out goin near the ground O.o

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
no items no cypher, no grandes. i have it on a replay all i did was jump air dodge, jump air dodge again and did see the little rings and i was able to jump again. i had this save since august i forgot about it till today. idk if it will help anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom