• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Havvok, my PM was deceiving. I won't finish today, but I'll start. Lol, Mewtwo and pokesript after every post? EXPLANATION?

I'm changing mains again, it's sort of a cycle. I'm ccurrently interested in Bowser and Starcraft.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
lol, OK.

Hmmm...

We really need to find a way to make noobs use this threads, I've gotten very inflamed lately due to...

I don't need to explain.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
It's them **** Sawnik Boards, boi. They're converting them to that **** Islam. I say we take 'm to the back yar' 'n shoot 'm all.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
well im back with my discovery, i was on vaction for a couple days. so to recap i somehow did 2 mid air jumps with just jumping and air dodge button. i have it on a reply but got no way to get it on youtube, can i send it to someone so they can do it?

Taeran

Smash Journeyman

This isn't the place for this.

Was it double upB or jump?

upB os known

We really need the vid

Staco

Smash Champion
maybe you did an infinite jump because of the air dodge close to the ground
the same as wall of manlineness just with air dodges

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
i wasnt near the ground at all i just did it right after my first mid air jump (im sure it wasnt infinate jump), well i didnt want to make a thread where would my discovery go? should i make a thread. i also iddnt touch the b button it looks like another jump in the reply.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
post the link here just because its probably known, but if it IS something new, then a new thread may be appropriate

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Okay when your tech chasing with Snake after you do a Dthrow and they stay on the floor, when can you jab? Can someone find out the exact timing with this. I really need it. Thanks

ssbm rocks1

Smash Rookie
How do you do that sliding, fake throw up, throw sideways grenade thing? (I can't remember what it is called) I think it was in one of your videos Havokk.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Okay when your tech chasing with Snake after you do a Dthrow and they stay on the floor, when can you jab? Can someone find out the exact timing with this. I really need it. Thanks
Only certain characters, otherwise if they try to do their getup attack, before the invincibility frames.

How do you do that sliding, fake throw up, throw sideways grenade thing? (I can't remember what it is called) I think it was in one of your videos Havokk.
Do a DAC while holding a shield dropped grenade (so you're holding it like a normal item)

You can also fake throw it backwards, etc.

It gives a very, very small (But still somewhat useful) slide.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
question: that c4 on top and proxy mine on bottom....does that work? is it just bcuz it looks cool?

how would it be useful or even land on an opponent?

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
question: that c4 on top and proxy mine on bottom....does that work? is it just bcuz it looks cool?

how would it be useful or even land on an opponent?
you get damage for C4 and landmine

as well, double grenades, C4/Landmine is ultimate damage, but the timing is ungodly

CSBrokaw

Smash Cadet
On Battlefield, place the C4 on the center of the platform and a mine underneath the platform on the left or right side, preferably where the platform above you ends. The main purpose is for more coverage and damage if the opponent is very unlucky.

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
got bored and fought a lvl. 9 mario

I threw a grenade and mario caped it

yet he caped EXACTLY when the grenade touched him, causing the grenade to explode right there on mario and do 22% damage instead of ~12%

errmmm....cape damage?

Staco

Smash Champion
To do a b-reversal, do I have to turn after doing the b, or after I pressed b?
Couldnt I reversal a b-reversal? Oo (pressing the other direction before doin the b-move, then doing a b-reversal while doing the b move in the other direction.
I dont have a wii to test atm. <<

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
So I was messing around with grab releases...

And it seems like Snake can do air release -> fair and ledge ground release -> run-off bair

Can I get a (de)confirmation?
What character was it on?

i was reading the old questions and noticed smash di

what is smash di?

is it the use of the c stick for di?
Smash DI is the DI used to escape multi hit attacks, such as rapid jabs or the Mach Tornado(can't really escape that with Smash DI but w/e)
You do it by mashing a direction on the C-stick to escape.

To do a b-reversal, do I have to turn after doing the b, or after I pressed b?
Couldnt I reversal a b-reversal? Oo (pressing the other direction before doin the b-move, then doing a b-reversal while doing the b move in the other direction.
I dont have a wii to test atm. <<
Yes, you can double B reverse. I have done it on occasion and I was like "wtf wow" But I didn't mean to do it and the timing seems rather rough. ._.'

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol no idea about double b reverse but to do a normal b reverse you have to do the b move and then press the new direction straight AFTER the B move.

the timing is very quick

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... I'm not sure. I'll do some research and/or PM Havvok

Sorry for my absence, I've been active somewhere else.

Edit:Suggest what I should do in the FAQ.

Staco

Smash Champion
Do you get a forward boost, when double B-Reversing?
And which characters can use B-Reversal, all? Or Snake only?

Panix

Smash Ace
I got a question. What does controller ports have to do with how well you can play snake? I mean, does it show where he spawns on certain maps? or allow him to do certain things that other ports can't? If I can get a link to what controller ports do It will be much appericated. (I used search, typed in "ports, controller ports," got nothing.

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
I got a question. What does controller ports have to do with how well you can play snake? I mean, does it show where he spawns on certain maps? or allow him to do certain things that other ports can't? If I can get a link to what controller ports do It will be much appericated. (I used search, typed in "ports, controller ports," got nothing.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169109&highlight=controller+ports

Let's you have priority in some "scenarios"

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I've never played Snake in my life, but I posted this on the Wolf board and didn't have much luck. Can anyone tell me anything about the technique whereby you begin to dash one way but immediately turn and DACUS the other way? I found it while fooling around with Wolf the other day, but of course it works with Snake (and Sheik, and the others who can DACUS) as well. Does anyone use it, is there a name for it, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom