• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake: MU Discussion Supplement

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
This is a supplement thread to cover the Snake Match-up, since it wasn't universally agreed who had the advantage or by how much.

Note: This thread will be in use until the next tier list is out. The Kirbys will then decide whether or not to keep this thread as the main location for this MU discussion or move it to the new thread in the event that Maestro decides not to continue the old thread.

Here is what the Kirby boards have written...

Overview:
Snake, from the Metal Gear series, joins the brawl! Armed with various explosives, mines, and rockets, Snake can put the hurt on fast. His combination of heavy weight and stellar recovery can sometimes make getting a KO difficult. His tilts are, in a word, broken. And his aerials are either killers, massive damage rackers, or both. This is one tough fight, but don’t despair. Kirby definitely doesn’t have it easy, but Snake is not an impossible opponent.

Pros+Cons:
+3rd Heaviest character in the game
+Neutral A combo, F-tilt, and U-tilt are all potentially kill moves
+N-air and D-air can both do over 25% damage if all four kicks connect, and they can both be autocancelled (N-air out of a full jump, D-air out of a short hop)
+F-air, B-air, and U-air are all kill moves (down, sideways, and up respectively)
+D-smash, U-smash, F-smash, Side-B, and Down-B are all explosives with incredible power
+Snake-dashing (Dash attack-cancelled up-smash) does not require a hit to cancel the dash attack
+Has several on-stage edgeguard options
+Has several invisible disjointed hitboxes
+When able to recover high, is incredibly difficult to gimp

-Small second jump
-Smashes and specials are laggy
-Poor defensive aerial game; easy to combo once you have him in the air
-Grabbing the cypher (Up-B) when Snake is recovering, and releasing him without pummelling will not give his cypher back; a well-timed C4 is required to recover, and even then, Snake could put 25% on himself to recover

Watch out for:
U-tilt - Snake’s primary kill move, the u-tilt can kill at 100% when fresh, without DI. Did I mention the incredibly broken invisible hitbox?

F-tilt - A mere tilt with strength and damage of a smash; can do 21% fresh, and is a possible kill move.

Neutral-B - The grenades are Snake’s primary method of camping. Watch for shield dropping, or ‘cooking’ the grenades, which prevents you from catching and throwing them back.

Snake-dashing - When cancelling the dash attack into a U-smash, Snake can travel the length of Final Destination with ease. The hits can combo into each other.

How to win:
Use Neutral-B – This move is incredible for this matchup. Stealing Snake’s grenades and counter-camping is infuriating to your opponent. Or you could suck Snake up out of his cypher to Kirbycide. An important thing to note: if you are standing on ground and you suck Snake up out of his cypher and spit him out he does not get his cypher back. That’s right; the Inhale has the same properties as grabbing the cypher.

Be a grab ***** - Snake sucks in the air. Grabs will get him there. D-throw -> U-tilt is all the more effective because none of his aerials are quick enough to stop it. Also, grabs are free damage. They are even more useful because Snake’s game is ground-based, so he will usually be within running shield grab range.

Spam B-air – When Snake is in the air, he has no answer to B-air. It’s faster than all of his aerials, hits him out of his cypher, and is all-around incredible. Expect it to go stale, and if it doesn’t, you’re doing something wrong.

Throw out a hammer or two – Snake is very heavy, but even that doesn’t protect him from the monstrosity that is the aerial hammer. Just throw it out there occasionally to keep your opponent on his toes.

D-air -> F-smash – Just do it. It will get you kills. Snake's heavy weight and high traction means that the ground hit of the D-air won't make him slide very far. Perfect to follow up with a F-smash for the KO.

Spit out or Swallow?
If you Inhale at lower percents, swallow to take his power. Grenades are a very effectve projectile, especially if you know how to cook them. At higher percents, Spit to keep Kirbycide options open.

What NOT to do:
Approach from the air above 100% - U-tilt will trade hits or outright beat every aerial Kirby has. Stick to the ground, spam Final Cutter if he U-smashes, and try to get him in the air.

Expect to grab the cypher a lot– If a Snake is good, he will survive being cypher-grabbed. If he’s better, he will not get cypher-grabbed in the first place.

Forget about proximity mines – Always keep track of the mines. Detonate with FC or Stone if you can.

Roll behind him – When he D-throws you, the easiest you can make his job is to roll behind him, into the reverse F-smash or D-throw string.

Neglect Final Cutter – This is your all-purpose long range move. It disrupts the Nikita, stops grenades, explodes mines, and goes through U-smash spam to damage Snake. This move is the sole reason why Snake cannot camp Kirby to hell and back. Use it. Love it.

Lose track of the C4 – Snake can stick that thing anywhere. Even onto you during the beginning and ending animations of Stone (Thanks Eternal Yoshi). It can be transferred to you if he stuck it on another player. If he’s placed it on the field, know where it is. If you manage to grab him and it’s on the field, he cannot recover. Also remember, the hitbox of the C4 is short enough that you can spotdodge it.

Use multi-hit moves on the cypher - An attack will only break Snake off the cypher if it does 7% or more in one hit. Thus, U-air, B-air, and N-air will get Snake off the cypher, while F-air and D-air won't.

Stages (in order of priority):
Rainbow Cruise – Try camping, Snake. I dare you. This is your go-to stage, but a smart Snake will ban it.
Luigi’s Mansion – Huge blastzones shift the play from outright kill to gimp. (Courtesy of Commander Blitzkrieg)
Jungle Japes – High ceiling to avoid U-tilt KOs and small platforms make Snake uncomfortable.
Lylat Cruise – Tilting stage allows for stone mindgames and messes with Snake’s recovery.

Brinstar – Tiny ceiling and sides, and Snake has an infinite chaingrab at the bottom. Ban it.
Final Destination – Match will be: grenade, grenade, nikita, plant mine, snake-dash, rinse, repeat. It will end with U-tilt KOs.
Green Greens/Corneria – Tiny blastzones make for a happy camper (but only if the camper is Snake)

Synopsis:
Snake is a tough matchup, but far from impossible. Watch out for his broken tilts and Snake-dashing. If you can, Swallow him to be able to camp with cooked grenades and Final Cutter. If you can’t, Kirbycide or Spit out under the stage -> B-air stage spike is so satisfying. Go after him while he’s recovering. You might get a cypher-grab KO or Kirbycide for your troubles. Grabs will get him in the air, where he’s vulnerable. In the air, use B-air very often. Take him to Rainbow Cruise, Luigi’s Mansion, Jungle Japes, and Lylat Cruise. These counterpicks can swing the match in your favour.

Major Contributors: Asdioh, Gonzo

The Snakes have not yet covered Kirby in their current MU thread.

What is the same since the last time this MU was discussed? What is different? What was never agreed upon? That's what we are here for.

Let the discussion commence.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I personally think it's in kirby's advantage.

Reassure yourself that approaches will lead into either jabs, tilts, or grabs, and aproach by using YOUR OWN GRABS, obviously when he least expects you to grab him, like say, when he's using nikita, cooking grenades, preparing to mortar slide, setting up mines, blowing up c4... All throws are useful and send him in the air, where you can follow his landing trajectory and regrab if you wish, or fsmash him while he lands (and possibly holds a grenade, so choose carefully)... He can be utilt combo'd, and fthrow>uair combo'd also... Run past the grenades if he starts getting campy, and NEVER forget where the C4 is, or the claymore, for that matter!

Keep him airborne, and remember that whenever you get close, he wants to hit you/grab you, so stay airborne when approaching offensively, or stay on the ground when approaching defensively... Once he's offstage, let your creativity handle your problems.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
His air game is trash compared to ours, his range doesn't completely save him from our grab, and really nade camping is not gonna be undoing Kirby any time soon.

I'd say 5:5 or hell even maybe in our favor a bit, I dunno, I think it's one of higher tiered match ups that Kirby doesn't have much issue with.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh lord

10char
whatever this means

His air game is trash compared to ours, his range doesn't completely save him from our grab, and really nade camping is not gonna be undoing Kirby any time soon.

I'd say 5:5 or hell even maybe in our favor a bit, I dunno, I think it's one of higher tiered match ups that Kirby doesn't have much issue with.
I agree with most of this, except for the "his air game is trash compared to ours" part.

I think the best thing to say about Snake's air game is that it's laggy, but at the same time it's extremely powerful so don't underestimate it. Yes, we do beat him in the air, but if you're not careful you'll get hit and it's deadly.

And if you're playing against Ally, you WILL get hit by lots of aerials if you're not really careful. He's known for his combos, which are true combos (usually something like throwing you into a grenade/c4/claymore and then upairing or bairing you)

We'll be able to bait his aerials and punish, but won't most of his aerials beat most of ours if they were to attack each other directly, at the same time?

And I can agree with it being close to neutral, but I will never be convinced it's in Kirby's favor simply because of how much harder we have to work to gain and keep a lead. Just think about it.

Suspect

Smash Hero
whatever this means
it means this discussion has came up so many times and im waiting for 1 of 2 things to happen

A) People start to talk about how snake ***** kirby and is kirbys worst matchup

B) chu fanboys and girls start saying how its almost even or slightly in snakes favor...CUZ CHU BEAT A SNAKE BEFORE! /sarcasm

thats what that meant.

EDIT: and i lol'd so hard at someone saying "take snake to jungle japes and LYLAT" are u serious? Lylat is obvious, no need for me to explain why snake is good on it. Jungle japes all snake has to do is camp the middle. Or if he catches you on the other 2 small platforms, easy tech chase dthrow. He doesnt need to star k.o kirby to win trust me.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
EDIT: and i lol'd so hard at someone saying "take snake to jungle japes and LYLAT" are u serious? Lylat is obvious, no need for me to explain why snake is good on it.
NINJA SPIKE!

Okay lol, other than that, don't take him to Lylat...YI is our best neutral because of the inhale break. A good snake will have you trying to avoid tons of explosions. You'll get hit eventually:(. It's much harder for us to kill him than it is for him to kill us, and our only hope of a low % kill is with an inhale guard. His utilt disjoint probably beats every single one of ours except cutter, which we won't use at close range for obvious reasonsn >.> . Our only real hope is to get him in the air and keep him there to rack up some %'s. I'd say it's in Snake's favor, probably 60-40.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I personally think it's in kirby's advantage.

Reassure yourself that approaches will lead into either jabs, tilts, or grabs, and aproach by using YOUR OWN GRABS, obviously when he least expects you to grab him, like say, when he's using nikita, cooking grenades, preparing to mortar slide, setting up mines, blowing up c4... All throws are useful and send him in the air, where you can follow his landing trajectory and regrab if you wish, or fsmash him while he lands (and possibly holds a grenade, so choose carefully)... He can be utilt combo'd, and fthrow>uair combo'd also... Run past the grenades if he starts getting campy, and NEVER forget where the C4 is, or the claymore, for that matter!

Keep him airborne, and remember that whenever you get close, he wants to hit you/grab you, so stay airborne when approaching offensively, or stay on the ground when approaching defensively... Once he's offstage, let your creativity handle your problems.

These people are wrong.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
question:

does a very stale bair still hit him out of cypher?

cuz sometimes i opt for other moves, but i'm wondering if i should just bair anyway even if it's stale

haha random thought... im gonna try using final cutter on his cypher AHAHA yayuhzz

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Gogo kirbys LOL
****!!! Ally's on to us and our strategy match up thread. x_x

As for Snake's match up, I ****en hate VS Snake with Kirby so **** much. His tilt's is a ***** to deal with when your percent is near 100, you can't choose complete flat stages because he can land explosives and camp you till you want to just jump off the stage and not deal with it, (I've done this seven times in a tourney). Let's think of positives now, his air game isn't better than ours so take his *** in the air and try to gimp him with no mercy. And when he does his Up-B, Inhale him in the air and make him struggle then they are force to use his Down-B to comeback and if they try, stop them with an Air attack... providing if any of the Kirby mains besides me that ever did this before. But as I always state, I can't stand fighting Snake, even if I win VS a Snake main, but I hate girl pants Marth even more.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Marth is gay, not a girl.

And Inhale guarding is good...but if he cps a stage like, say, Delfino (hypothetical DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT EITHER PLAYER BEING STUPID FOR THAT SITUATION), we're above dry land or water most of the time (unless he falls through the stage MUHAHAHA), so it's nill. Try taking the 'nades...mindgaming him with them is so awesome. I actually played a pretty good snake today...blew him up a few times with nades (he was gonna ftilt me for more damage anyway >.>), then he tried to c4 me but blew himself up instead and died:D (not part of matchup, just random thoughts). FCing the cypher doesn't work very well b/c the downwards stroke isn't enough to hit him out of it, so you'll just plummet to your death. I'd say bair, no matter how stale it is...but if you can bair, you can probably mindgame into an inhale:). The problem Kirby has with Snake is that the killing ranges are EXTREMELY different; snake can kill you insanely early on most stages with his tilts that are faster than a ton of smashes >.> . He can camp with all day, and he can keep you so busy avoid the explosions that you don't have much time for anything else. Your best bet is to keep him in the air, where his attacks are slow and he can be rapwned. I'd say 60-40 snake b/c of the camping and the killing and the camping...and the assplosions.

...And omnigay:D.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
whatever this means

I agree with most of this, except for the "his air game is trash compared to ours" part.

I think the best thing to say about Snake's air game is that it's laggy, but at the same time it's extremely powerful so don't underestimate it. Yes, we do beat him in the air, but if you're not careful you'll get hit and it's deadly.

And if you're playing against Ally, you WILL get hit by lots of aerials if you're not really careful. He's known for his combos, which are true combos (usually something like throwing you into a grenade/c4/claymore and then upairing or bairing you)

We'll be able to bait his aerials and punish, but won't most of his aerials beat most of ours if they were to attack each other directly, at the same time?

And I can agree with it being close to neutral, but I will never be convinced it's in Kirby's favor simply because of how much harder we have to work to gain and keep a lead. Just think about it.

I agree with all but the last point. It is harder for us to outright kill Snake, but it is also much easier for us to gay him and suddenly reverse the match.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
These people are wrong.
Just because you can't predict people's patterns doesn't mean anyone else can't.

I know this may sound cliché'd and a crappy defense for your so-called argument, but I have fought enough snakes (and different ones also), to understand that kirby can gain an upper hand easier than people say he can. He's comboable, his landing sucks (he always lags), his damage-racking close-range attacks are predictable half the time... And his grenades and C4 aren't as big a pain as people make it out to be. Just because you're losing as kirby, doesn't mean everyone is.

If I could buy myself a capture card, download a Wii Downgrade software, then download the hacks required, I'd save a couple of replays against interesting snakes in PR so you could see how I approach them, maybe you'd learn a thing or two, rather than forget about learning and just move onto whining and saying people are wrong and the only one worthy of saying that kirby ha an advantage is Chudat.

... Saying that only makes you look like a Chu fanboy.

Atash

Smash Apprentice
[RANDOM TROLL FROM OUT OF NOWHERE!!!]

These people are wrong.
All he did was say you were wrong...which you were
'Wrong' is a negative term that destroys supporting arguments but doesn't build anything new. It's psychological analog is that of William Golding's (author of Lord of the Flies) level 2 thinker. Could you partially ascend to a level 3 and elaborate on this quality of being 'wrong' so as to construct what you believe to be 'right'?

@ Kewkky
Flame! No cookie for you!

[/RANDOM TROLL FROM OUT OF NOWHERE!!!]

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
[RANDOM TROLL FROM OUT OF NOWHERE!!!]

'Wrong' is a negative term that destroys supporting arguments but doesn't build anything new. It's psychological analog is that of William Golding's (author of Lord of the Flies) level 2 thinker. Could you partially ascend to a level 3 and elaborate on this quality of being 'wrong' so as to construct what you believe to be 'right'?

@ Kewkky
Flame! No cookie for you!

[/RANDOM TROLL FROM OUT OF NOWHERE!!!]
No one else respond to this. I'll report it if it becomes an issue (though I kinda doubt it will...).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Strange, when I face Snake not to long ago, he can use his grenades to cancel out your swallowcide if you try to perform it on him. Also, I'll say Pokémon Stadium (Melee) is a good stage to take him, (not because it's my ace stage), because Kirby can take advantage of the Rock, Water, and Fire field, I'll try to add more info on VS Snake on Pokémon Stadium later.

link64e

Smash Apprentice
Also, I'll say Pokémon Stadium (Melee) is a good stage to take him, (not because it's my ace stage), because Kirby can take advantage of the Rock, Water, and Fire field, I'll try to add more info on VS Snake on Pokémon Stadium later.

Pokemon Stadium, I've never really thought of taking Snake there. I prefer to take him to Battlefield. The platforms help against his mortar and the small sides provide an easier kill for such a heavy character. Just be careful you yourself don't get caught in his extend able tilts.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Take Snake on Battlefield with Kirby is not a good idea. The platforms helps his mines very much, and his tilts on the lower platform can strike you easily. Not to mention that Kirby does advantage on this stage in general with no big advantage.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Just because you can't predict people's patterns doesn't mean anyone else can't.
Match-ups are not about prediction, they're about what both characters are capable of doing. If a player is being predictable or not, it does not concern match-up discussion. Not trying to be rude or anything, just trying to help.

Gnes

Smash Master
The matchup is 60-40...didn't we decide on this already. Nobody's really find out anything new to do against snake thats ground breaking(the inhale break is nice however...too bad most snakes recover very hight).

He still out prioritizes kirby, lives way too long, and is not going to easily get gimped. Compared with kirby dying way to quickly...ugh...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Take Snake to Yoshi's Island for the neutral, or possibly Final Destination.

Inhale him near the edge, jump off facing the wall. I don't know if this works on FD, but if you DI into the wall under the stage, it should work, or close. Anyway, once he gets out of Inhale, if you're facing the wall he has nowhere to go, and you can footstool him immediately.

I think that may help tip the matchup towards our favor quite a bit XD

Out of all the neutrals, Yoshi's Island and FD are the stages I would want to take Snake to anyway. I usually strike Lylat and Battlefield first, and Snake usually strikes those two stages, so we usually end up going to Smashville :/

I don't mind Smashville, but it's kinda bleh against Snake.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't know what's so hard about keeping an eye on the c4/mine, running past grenades, and grabbing/shieldgrabbing him when we're up-close and personal. When you're at a dangerously high%, he'll be trying to kill you with ftilts and utilts more than anything else, so keep this in mind while approaching, and try to get an idea of how large those hitboxes are. If you depend too much on bair, he'll end up utilting you, shieldgrabbing you, or who knows what else he might want to do to you.

I still think it's even or even slightly advantageous... But if we talk about CHARACTER SKILL and not associate mindgames or anything at all, then Snake outranges kirby always, and kills kirby earlier than kirby can kill him. So, character skill-wise... Snake is still advantageous (like 60:40/55:45)

Gnes

Smash Master
I don't know what's so hard about keeping an eye on the c4/mine, running past grenades, and grabbing/shieldgrabbing him when we're up-close and personal. When you're at a dangerously high%, he'll be trying to kill you with ftilts and utilts more than anything else, so keep this in mind while approaching, and try to get an idea of how large those hitboxes are. If you depend too much on bair, he'll end up utilting you, shieldgrabbing you, or who knows what else he might want to do to you.

I still think it's even or even slightly advantageous... But if we talk about CHARACTER SKILL and not associate mindgames or anything at all, then Snake outranges kirby always, and kills kirby earlier than kirby can kill him. So, character skill-wise... Snake is still advantageous (like 60:40/55:45)
Uh snakes shieldpressure is amazing...Have u forgotten his moves have hit/shield stun. Also..to the first line...ultimaterazer says hi. If kirby is living to a dangerously high percentage, the snake is doing something horribly wrong.

Kirby has no reliable approach in this matchup(for many at that) at thats what makes this matchup so bad. Bair, the move with the most range is beaten by Uptilt fairly easily.

Hmm...im tired.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kirby has no reliable approach in this matchup(for many at that) at thats what makes this matchup so bad. Bair, the move with the most range is beaten by Uptilt fairly easily.

Hmm...im tired.
It depends at what angle we approach with that Bair. SH Bair gets beat by Utilt. If you come in from a bit higher (diagonally from Snake), Bair wins for some reason.

Also, TBH, if we have a percent lead, there is no reason to approach at all. It's actually surprisingly easy to air camp/stall against Snake, despite the grenades.

On top of that, it is really easy to combo Snake (yeah, you can break out of said combos with grenades, but that can help us mindgame you into more damage. For example, doing Uair chains, then breaking them off when we predict a grenade to air hammer. I know, prediction isn't part of matchup discussions though, just wanted to throw in that we still have an advantage when it comes to racking damage.).

On top of that, we can reverse the match really easily with inhale breaks and certain other stage-dependent tricks.

However, you do have weight, power and range on your side, as well as vastly superior projectiles.

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
It depends at what angle we approach with that Bair. SH Bair gets beat by Utilt. If you come in from a bit higher (diagonally from Snake), Bair wins for some reason.

Also, TBH, if we have a percent lead, there is no reason to approach at all. It's actually surprisingly easy to air camp/stall against Snake, despite the grenades.

On top of that, it is really easy to combo Snake (yeah, you can break out of said combos with grenades, but that can help us mindgame you into more damage. For example, doing Uair chains, then breaking them off when we predict a grenade to air hammer. I know, prediction isn't part of matchup discussions though, just wanted to throw in that we still have an advantage when it comes to racking damage.).

On top of that, we can reverse the match really easily with inhale breaks and certain other stage-dependent tricks.

However, you do have weight, power and range on your side, as well as vastly superior projectiles.
Most snakes are conditioned this far into the meta game to grenade any combo. So follow up Fthrows with inhale, easy nades.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Most snakes are conditioned this far into the meta game to grenade any combo. So follow up Fthrows with inhale, easy nades.
If what you mean to say works...

Grabbing them near the edges (facing offstage), then doing an fthrow, will earn you an easy inhale, which could be used as a walkoff_kirbycide>footstool setup (when they're at low enough %... meaning gimp if the snake allows himself to be grabbed near the ledge).

I dunno about you guys, but that sounds awesome to me.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Take Snake to Yoshi's Island for the neutral, or possibly Final Destination.

Inhale him near the edge, jump off facing the wall. I don't know if this works on FD, but if you DI into the wall under the stage, it should work, or close. Anyway, once he gets out of Inhale, if you're facing the wall he has nowhere to go, and you can footstool him immediately.

I think that may help tip the matchup towards our favor quite a bit XD

Out of all the neutrals, Yoshi's Island and FD are the stages I would want to take Snake to anyway. I usually strike Lylat and Battlefield first, and Snake usually strikes those two stages, so we usually end up going to Smashville :/

I don't mind Smashville, but it's kinda bleh against Snake.
Smashville is a bad neutral to go against snake because he can plant his mine on the moving platform...and that means goodbye to chasing him in the air. Which means you lose.

Final Destination is bad because of that sort of thing where it's long and flat and there are no platforms to disrupt his grenades (the one on smashville is helpful to him X_X).

Battlefield...I always strike/ban. I have bad luck there. I just do. Don't even TALK to me about battlefield.

PS1 would be my desired neutral for this...you might wanna CP it too.

Yoshi's would be the best if PS1 is a CP because of the inhale break.

Halberd is low ceiling and long sides X_X prepare to die at even lower %'s than usual from utilts.

Castle Siege? No one ever plays there, so iunno. Inhale breaks on the first stage...no NS on the third stage though:(.

I don't get why Lylat is THAT bad...but maybe that's just because you can NS him on it, and I'm sort of obsessed with them...

Ninja Spike!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Off the top of my head, the only neutralish, non-gimmicky stages where Kirby does fairly well against Snake are PS1 and Yoshi's. A1, chasing Snake in the air isn't a bad thing. That's the only place where Kirby beats Snake. Snake doesn't have a crappy air game, Kirby's is just faster.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
A1, chasing Snake in the air isn't a bad thing. That's the only place where Kirby beats Snake. Snake doesn't have a crappy air game, Kirby's is just faster.
That's not what I meant >.>

I meant that him planting a mine on the moving platform limits where and when we can jump and where and when we can land. The only thing that could solve it almost immediately would be fcing to explode the mine, but there's no way snake couldn't pull a grenade in all the lag of our fc. So we're limited as to how much we can chase him in the air.

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
If what you mean to say works...

Grabbing them near the edges (facing offstage), then doing an fthrow, will earn you an easy inhale, which could be used as a walkoff_kirbycide>footstool setup (when they're at low enough %... meaning gimp if the snake allows himself to be grabbed near the ledge).

I dunno about you guys, but that sounds awesome to me.
I don't have video evidence off the top of my head but have a friend try to nade a Fthrow Combo.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't have video evidence off the top of my head but have a friend try to nade a Fthrow Combo.
Yyeah, snakes can take out grenades while we do the combo (if they're fast enough), so we usually have to think of other ways to punish them.

Top Bottom