• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 9 ~ Champaign, IL 2-7-09

Quaz

Smash Master
shouts

Zack 152 hot stuff - Y link is so terrible <_< but use who you think is the most fun really.
18 spikes/cosmo - you ***** in teams holy **** I wanna do that good!
watty - best samus in the midwest fo sho. You're not just some campy *** samus either you got da trix =D good job fro'ing those foxes
eddie - nice job getting back into smash AND still being good after all these years.
Matt R - for one who never travels to tourneys you're so good. Nice job on 2nd
Dope - you too havent played in forever it seems its always nice to see old faces return and ****
smeesh - you got your way with me. Next time I play you I'll be sure to dodge those constant grabs. Maybe mute city isnt the best CP against marth either...
zeus/kels - hey you guys are getting better always. Its nice to ahve some technical spacies to practice against.
Sliq - GAH! My closest loss in the tourney for sure. I totally wanted to beat you. perhaps I tried too hard. I also learned that mute city is a ****ty counter pick against jiggs. Never doing that again.
dekushrub - lol I kept calling you dekuscrub Im such an ***. I played ****ty in pools against you but I bet even if I was playing good you still woulda beat me, you're pretty good
all the others in my pool -ggs guys its always fun to play people I've jever played before
Khepri - sounds like you got destroyed in brackets =( it happens...
darkrain - as usual nice job with the tourney organization and ****
AOB - cool that you also organized well with the tourney
Chad - I really hope you enjoyed those reeces peices! I worked hard on getting them open. You're such a cool guy, hope to see you again soon!
Marth1 - fast falcon! I was so happy I got to play you in some games.
SDM - sounds like you had a hard pool/bracket. but it doesnt matter I still placed higher than you! mwahahaha.
Chexr - you were playing falco..... *hate*
kids playing brawl in that secluded area - lol wut
d33k - nice to see you again.
wes - nice to meet you.
everyone else - good tourney. lets go to melee tourneys more often! I still love this game.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Shout-Outs:

Ajj - Thanks for being my teammate randomly out of nowhere and for putting up with my scrubiness. I'd like to get way better and team with you again some day. You were amazing in those moments where I wasn't there to mess you up. lol

Uh, that's it. I didn't get the chance to talk to or meet any new people there except for my teammate. I got some words for some of my crew, but I see those dudes in person all the time.

Legan

Smash Lord
Coming from the brawl guy that was almost losing all faith in melee, this tourney was amazing.
(Granted this was my first actual melee tournament).

R Twins: Thanks for housing guys, anyone that will let complete strangers shower & sleep in their home is flat out awesome in my book. Nice job rapin it up in doubles & singles as well.

Myztek: what can i say man, you were just too good. The matches were really close and the better player came out on top, gg's.

Cosmos: Your link was ****** me in dittos, Thanks for the advice man and keep kickin ***.

Chexr: I finally got you back from JCC, Link>Roy? fack that G&W though. Money match next time :). Your a beast though, keep it up.

NesNoob: I didnt know until like mayb 2 hours after we played that you were one of those link players I used to look up to, good ****. It was an honor playing you.

Tink: So yea, I kinda had this assumption that most pro smash players are jerks (At Least pro Brawl players are). You completely shattered that stereotype with how **** cool you were. Thanks for goin link in the pool match, a deals a deal and Im gunna pick melee back up and work on my game. You're too chill and im lookin forward to seein you at future events.

RIPPLE!: Dude, I know you're like the sexiest DK ever but im tellin you its not gunna work in doubles. You need to get that fox in ****in tip top so we can **** it up like I know we can. My boy, ill be seein you around.

N.I.G.G.A:why did you sangbag so hard against me? Do you not like playin links or were you just pissed off. You was rapin face on everyone else.

CunningKitsunes Roomate: Dude I didnt catch your name! you were hella cool and the matches were so epic. Jigglypuff is a beastt! GG's bud and thanks for helpin me out with the stage ban, you're probably the sole reason why i made it out of pools.

Sliq: Best Cosplay ever, hands down. Stop being so good with jigglypuff seriously...

Dekuschrub: You're frickin Deku. Do Better =/

Darkrain: You can expect me at the next big kansas event, i wouldnt miss it for the world. Congrats on another win.

Souroush?: I dont know if it was you or not, I played a match Link vs doc in friendlies & that **** was epic. GG's

St Louis Crew: You guys are family, nuff said.

Anyone else i missed im sorry, it was a great tournament and it reminded me why I fell in love with smash in the first place, the community and the sportsmanship.

Quaz

Smash Master
kk I'll keep that in mind, I also know that I have a set with you and dope too, I appreciate that you tag yourself in your matches, it makes it alot easier.
Im not sure if I played on the right TV or not but maybe you have a set of a green peach VS a fox on Yoshi's story then Final D after words. I barely 1 stock the fox on yoshi story then 3 stock him on Final D I think. Look into it and see if you find anything because Im not sure if it was the correct setup or not

Nyaaa

Smash Apprentice
Full results?

EDIT: Just read the first sentence of this thread :p

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
Im not sure if I played on the right TV or not but maybe you have a set of a green peach VS a fox on Yoshi's story then Final D after words. I barely 1 stock the fox on yoshi story then 3 stock him on Final D I think. Look into it and see if you find anything because Im not sure if it was the correct setup or not
I'll look for that then.

Seanson

Smash Ace
Thanks again for the housing tom and matt r. We should have played you guys more while we were staying there instead of just playing eachother. Also it's good to see brothers doing so well in teams (like me and SDM did pretty good). That falco was very fun to watch matt. The play style was just awesome

also, boo sheik on sheik chain grabbing

SeVeReD

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody.
I'm severed, the guy from Naperville with the random jigglypuff slap-spammer friend in the red hoodie.
I speak for both of us, especially myself, when I say that this tournament was awesome.
I never really got into the competitive smash scene, as I had no one around to improve my skills, so deciding to come to this was a choice that i was reluctant to make.
Fortunately, it was one of the most fun times of my life, as it was mostly just a dream I had of going to get ***** by good players.
Specific thanks go to Oranos for entertaining me for quite a while, one of the R brothers that I met, darkrain for making my pants wet during my reminiscent sleep, Tomacawk who I had a few good chats with, Joe from Warrenville who I plan to smash with in the future, and pretty much everyone else I spoke with and got to meet. Since I met pretty much everyone that I played and lost to (eddie, dope, Mytzek), I just gotta say it was nice to see that the Smash community is really more friendly and unified than any other gaming/other community I've witnessed. And I'm glad everyone else had a lot of fun as well.
Overall, it was great. I plan on actually getting hardcore into Melee because of it. Although I'm a few years behind, my experience with other competitive games will help me be at a "good enough" level for the next competition I go to.
I hope to see all of you guys at the next big tournament I go to! Hopefully I will beat a few more people then :). And any of you who hosted the tournament, I'll see you next year for sure, since I'm going to U of I and I'll need something to do (and what better?).
Thanks to those hosting the tournament for the opportunity to come and have ****-tons of fun.

I hope this isn't the last time most of you guys will be able to see and beat me :p

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Hey everybody.
I'm severed, the guy from Naperville with the random jigglypuff slap-spammer friend in the red hoodie.
I speak for both of us, especially myself, when I say that this tournament was awesome.
I never really got into the competitive smash scene, as I had no one around to improve my skills, so deciding to come to this was a choice that i was reluctant to make.
Fortunately, it was one of the most fun times of my life, as it was mostly just a dream I had of going to get ***** by good players.
Specific thanks go to Oranos for entertaining me for quite a while, one of the R brothers that I met, darkrain for making my pants wet during my reminiscent sleep, Tomacawk who I had a few good chats with, Joe from Warrenville who I plan to smash with in the future, and pretty much everyone else I spoke with and got to meet. Since I met pretty much everyone that I played and lost to (eddie, dope, Mytzek), I just gotta say it was nice to see that the Smash community is really more friendly and unified than any other gaming/other community I've witnessed. And I'm glad everyone else had a lot of fun as well.
Overall, it was great. I plan on actually getting hardcore into Melee because of it. Although I'm a few years behind, my experience with other competitive games will help me be at a "good enough" level for the next competition I go to.
I hope to see all of you guys at the next big tournament I go to! Hopefully I will beat a few more people then :). And any of you who hosted the tournament, I'll see you next year for sure, since I'm going to U of I and I'll need something to do (and what better?).
Thanks to those hosting the tournament for the opportunity to come and have ****-tons of fun.

I hope this isn't the last time most of you guys will be able to see and beat me :p
glad you enjoyed yourself. and if you didn't know oranos and I are from the same crew--anytime you're coming near springfield pm us and we're down for friendlies. and don't worry about being behind--i've only been playing for 1.5 years and i'm rapidly improving--just ask for critiques on smashboards, be humble, take the advice given, and, of course, keep having fun
btw the pizza hut we got was ****ing good

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
severed i am from woodridge, ill hit you up on my breaks or something, there is a real big scene in the chicago area. We played in pools, I was the fox player in the marquette shirt

BunBun

Smash Master
CunningKitsunes Roomate: Dude I didnt catch your name! you were hella cool and the matches were so epic. Jigglypuff is a beastt! GG's bud and thanks for helpin me out with the stage ban, you're probably the sole reason why i made it out of pools.
That'd be me. Good times playing you man. I don't think I should have done Link vs Puff, but it was fun as hell! Good job making it out of pools, too.

Ajj: Double Kirby team is too good. Fat Falafel is too big. Beast it up with me in teams sometime, man.

Soap: You weren't there. No IHOP T-T

Eddie: I want a Signed Bill MM next time.

Damian: Nice to finally meet you dude.

Wayne: PokeFloats is too good. Thanks for going fox =D See you at JAB 1.

PikaChad: Duuuuuuuuuude. Ouch. You might have been the most fun person to play at that tournament. I've never seen Pika beast that hard.

IHSB: Good to meet you too, man. I'll see you in May when I come down.

Handorin: We...uh...didn't do so hot XD. Still though, good times. Nice playin' with ya.

And everyone else: Thanks for making the tournament awesome, and I hope everyone participates in the circuit!

(Also good **** to darkrain, Matt R. and the other top 5 for ripping through everyone. Honorable mention goes to Jiano, for the hilarity on MK2)

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
City of Champaign: OMG NOODLES & COMPANY POWERRRR UPPPPPP:embarrass

Spikes: power noodles

Quaz: nice job

AoB: thats how you run a tournament, you kept things in really good order, ggs too

Legan: *****? nah man every match we played it was closer and closer, you've got a sick *** link and its just like tink said, all you gotta do is learn the best ways to cheap out the top tiers. also you're pro at the bomb jump. hope to see you around

Tink: aw man, good job in teams though, **** I thought we were gonna do better but the clutch tink cheapouts worked heheh

Jiano: DONKEY KONGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dope: good matches man, your style of play is great, every other falco is camping their *** off.

Matt r: walk to shine is amazing, I am stealing that.

Darkrain: good matches in teams and pools and great job winning it all.

Kels: tank falco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeus: good stuff, dunno why you have all these haters lol?

ihavespaceballs: i love watching your samus, amazing match vs viperboy

viperboy: you've got those falco dittos on lockdown

eddie: great job on 5th keep coming to tournaments :)

seanson: good stuff, I guess falcon would have been the better choice there :X

chexr: good job in teams I saw the end of the last match haha about to get utilted by ganon!! phew

bigD and juke: unfair teams pool :(

btw we got the first matches up from our journey through the teams bracket:

WB round 1:
Cosmo (marth) eighteenspikes (Doc) vs Darkrain (falcon) Dmac (fox) 1
Cosmo (marth) eighteenspikes (Doc) vs Darkrain (falcon) Dmac (fox) 2

Zjiin

Smash Master
Whoa boy, there's a list of johns i have about my performance, but i'm not gonna do that and just say good tourney. I apologize to everyone i played in pools, i just didn't know what char i was feeling that day and none of it worked out. Also, i know the tourney wasn't deeply seeded, but that bit of random in the seeding REALLY sucked for some. A funds issue arose as i left for the tourney so if you didn't appraoch me about our $MM then i left it alone. Rain checks for next tourney for sure~

Viperboy- Good times and thanks for the floor to rest on. I don't really know what happened friday night. Also, I hope you had a better time with the table puzzle than me and Tink did, haha.

Tink- Music Team FTW. At JAB1 you'd better be hip.

TheLemon- You gotta feel the music sukka. Also, my dog is starring at you.

Dope- How can someone who was so F'd up the night before do so well in tourney? Stupid. Also, "bed" hahahaha

Hoefler- Make it to more of these instances.

Blackpanther- GGs. I'm always thrown off by very technical foxes.

Khepri+Kels- Die. WTF @ getting in pools with you guys?

Eighteenspikes- Rematches next time. GGs

Watty- That was the first time i've ever liked samus dittos. We'll get some more matches next time, and i think you have some Tink left on your boot.

BigR- I don't remember what happened in our matches exactly, but they were close. GGs tho

Eddie- Old man river taking it all the way to 5th!

Jiano- That donkey kong must have had a bag of coke explode in his stomach cuz that was ridic.

Ameer- How the hell did i get so wrecked in Marf dittos.

Lixivium- Man, i hate IC dittos, but usually i can scare the other IC players into switching chars by pickin them first. You held your ground and the button mashing contest began, haha.

Trail- GJ not making it .

Tomacawk- Fun matches and good to meetcha. Fox dittos were just too much for little ole me.

Bun Bun+Iamthemicrowave- Good matches in doubles friendlies. SEe you guys at JAB1

GooeyBanana- Glad you made it and enjoyed the experience. SMYMs are always a hoot.

To anyone i missed, I either just forgot since i'm still exhausted or i just didn't play/talk to you enough to warrant any more typing. The finals were a blast to watch and I can't wait for the vids. Watching Darkrain play is bad for my heart.

LASTLY, GGs to anyone else who got 3rd seed in pools. Especially if the fate of doubles was decided on a single match of a stupid stage *shakes fist*

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
hmm shoutouttts??

stl- always good seein you guys. We'll be in touch. step it up in singles plx (not that i can talk LOL)
sliq-omfg you are dead next time
cosmo-goofiest falco ever... i didn't know wtf you were doing ever
18spikes-good matches... i usually don't go corneria but i suck on MK2 haha
tink- i forgot to play you in friendlies.. im surprised you stayed marth in teams i suck with him in teams lol
TJ- we had a fun friendly. you played really solid in the set i watched vs IHSB. youre quite clutch on cruise haha
watty- remind me to beat your samus sometime haha
darkrain-your play in grand finals was very impressive. I seriously do not know how you do it.
Champaign people- of course you guys are the best. moar cookies plx. twins win doubs plz

MATT R IS MY HERO :)

Dart

Smash Lord
shoutouts even though im just a random with no name.

Ripple and Tomacawk: thank you guys you ****ing saved us from not going! we need to do some more friendlies for sure

BlackPanther: Thanks for helping me practice for this dude i had a blast!

Darkrain and Matt good **** i saw like the last 2 mins of your match and i was amazed. X.X

Tink: sorry i never got to play you but next time bro! you are a gag

Ihavespaceballs: Dude nice job double 4 stocking me in pools, i suck :( hahaha but at least you were cool about it

Zveet: I can't believe i won that first game in our set *ridiculous tipper on FoD was stupid* but at least the whole set was hella close

PikaChad: thanks for ****** me so hard with just about every character. i got some good practice :) especially pika

Watty: you are ****ing hilarious even though i met you for about a second you're still cool dude

everyone else in my pool: thanks for 0-2ing me i still had fun

All the other people there: It was ****ing tight guys, see ya next time and for the love of god ive never seen so many fox mains in my ****ing life. Up throw to up air was pretty much pwning me all day

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Omg that tournament was so bad ***... I don't remeber alot of it because I was high through the entire thing.... But I do remeber those crazy finals... Darkrain FTW!

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
where the freak are those results and videos

i can live without the commentary (watty going wombo combo every few seconds)

Watty

Smash Lord
where the freak are those results and videos

i can live without the commentary (watty going wombo combo every few seconds)
dont forget happy feet 2 i spammed the **** outta that. I bet i threw in some KOBEY as well

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, act, dope didnt beat anyone good, cept cosmo lol. he had an easy bracket lol. i think <_<.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
ill do some fast shoutouts

tom: get owned lololol
andy: you are good at running things
jon: you are really good
alex: i really thought you were gonna get top3 but oh well thnx for the superpowers
durand: olool at team samus/ylink...youre getting better, stay with samus
sliq: you scare me a little bit, i want to hear your commentary
watty: nice job against darkrain, you dominated us in teams
darkrain: you figured out my sheik style pretty fast, i want to try my fox out sometime, andy told me you are going actuary, good luck on exams
kels: seems like you werent playing up to your full ability against me
lixivium: i dont have any IC experience and you almost called me out on it
geno/binyan: nice job in teams you guys are awesome
JBM: you should have beat me, I need more marth practice
dope: i like your playstyle llol, you should have beat me
TJ: nice playing you as always, you got crapped by pokefloats hahaa
zec: you are awesome, but did I see you lose to a ganon? shame on you lololll
ray chun: is that all ya got?
dave/henrik: got you see you again, henrik I want some more luigi v fox
dave O: you crack me up
brickman: hahahahahahaha, hope the test was good
slayer: you slept in my chair I hope you didnt get stabbed by the sharp metal thing sticking out of the arm
errol: i dont think you read this but thnx for the sandwich tips, you crack me up also

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Sorry I missed the tourney guys. Wish I could've been there. =\

Good **** to dark for winning....again. You *******.

To anyone that lost to him that plays Sheik, I know how you feel.

Top Bottom