• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 9 ~ Champaign, IL 2-7-09

darkatma

Smash Hero
Okay.. Shoutouts :p

Matt and Tom R:
Thanks for housing St. Louis and MN, friendlies on friday were certainly fun. When we were playing you guys teams on friday, Geno was worried that everyone at the tourney would be as good as you guys lollll. But yeah, boo for beating us in loser's bracket for teams, and Yay good job Matt on beating dope AND darkrain (in winners). You guys are awesome.
Next time though, tell us before hand that your windows have to go UP before they can go DOWN. Some of us were freezing for half the night because we thought your windows were jammed and wouldn't go down.

MN: You guys **** St. Louis at sleeping. I have no idea how you guys were able to sleep through the night, but basically all of St. Louis was up at various hours.

St. Louis:
good road trip =] Really fun, really tiring. IHOP afterwards was really effing worth it, even if we did get home around 3

Chexr: You're really good. Should go puff more often though =] That thing *****. I don't think I've ever been rested all 4 of my stock before LOL. But yeah, good friendlies in the morning at Matt and Tom's, and good teams set in tourney :p Only team to take a match off you and Tink up until Darkrain loll. Grats on winning doubles too.

Geno: You live forever in teams =] First time for both of us going 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 in pools. I was worried because I was always going down to 1 stock, but then you always had 3. We **** :D And got 5th in teams

Lixi: Good shiz beating Dmac in pools ^.^ We got pwned by Champaign streets loll. Top tier sleeper in St. Louis.

Juke: I got you back this time :D

Myztek: I had the exact same set vs you as vs juke, except I'm an idiot and forgot to ban corneria. Although, give me more time in between matches loll, I would've done a fox ditto on corneria. Was almost gonna reset the match at the beginning so I could've. Whatever, legit win on Brinstar, you played really smart there. I would've lost to deku right afterwards too lol, he always ***** me in friendlies.

Jiano: Thanks for giving me the 2nd match :D Now I can say I 4 stocked Jiano in a tourney set =] Not that it matters because you ***** my peach right after anyways. I should've stayed sheik. You have balls for playing as DK vs Viberboy on MK2 though. Definitely respectable

Zeus: I can see why people on the boards would hate you. You have a good fox and falco, but you're definitely not the most technical player. I'm from Norcal, and people there are by far more technical than you, and way smarter at it. Like, you would do various showoff techs, but in the end, they leave you 2 stocks behind. Also, getting pissed and dropping your controller is just plain bad style. You said you 'just played the gayest sheik' when you camped the whole match lmao. Definitely gotta work on that. Other than that, good friendlies. Also, I shine-baired you with fox at least twice. And I don't even main fox.

Tink: You're pretty chill. Legan thought you'd be some cocky ***** *** guy, but you're tight as hell. Definitely not one of those cocky *******s :D Good teams matches, too bad you lost to watty in singles, but I'm sure you'll **** him next time

Souroush: NORCAL! :D :D :D

My singles pool: Sorry about being so half ***** about playing. I hadn't eaten anything all day, so I was hungry, and tired because I hadn't slept all night. Not the best combination. Adrenaline was the only thing that got me through teams. I honestly didn't care about the matches in pools as much as I should've. (AKA i would've ***** the pool and not gone 2ndaries and tertiaries and played bad matchups and ****) Whatever, My bracket wasn't any worse for it.

Darkrain: Is awesome for basically running everything at the tourney. He was moving tables, pulling chairs out, organizing, shouting, doing bracket stuff too I believe. And he had a line of people line up and play him at friendlies LOL. Definitely a perfect setting for a "Show Me Your Moves" Tournament.

Pika-Chad: Nice seeing you again, you still have a sick pikachu. Next time, don't team with a ganon LOL. Mslano is good, but ganon kills pika at 50 or something.

Eddie: Cool, you're still really good and one of the best known people in the smash community. I had good friendlies with you, kinda wished you would've gone ganon against me just so i could get *****.

Viperboy: Yay I can say I beat your falco LOL I was that one peach that was playing with eddie when you jumped in. I bet you'd **** me in a tourny match though. Geno kept talking about some cool guy named TJ, and I had no idea who it was until near the end of the tourney lol

Random shoutout: To that asian guy with a mohawk thing going on for him, loll cool haircut. I had no idea who he was, so i couldn't tell that to his face.

And finally
Darkatma: for currently having the longest shoutout post in the thread. Yep, I heard that guy *****.

I bet I forgot people.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I apologize to all the people in my pool I lost to:Dmac, BigR, and Lixi, because I felt like I was bein an ******* punching the table but I felt like I didn't really play my best maybe it was just because I was nervous though you guys are hella good and thanks for ****** me and my teammate in the doubles tourney Dmac, I really enjoyed that xD.

Ultra special thanks to Ripple and Tomacawk for coming out of the way to pick us up.You guys are a gag, and nice friendlies back at my place there should be vids of that for all to see soon hopefully.

Congrats to darkrain for winning and good**** to Matt for putting up such a good fight that was hella epic.

sveet - Good **** in teams you're pretty good better than I expected and don't take that the wrong way lol.

kels - Fun friendlies although you ***** me next time I want to play you when I'm warmed up.

NES noob - Good friendlies I want to play you on a non laggy tv next time you know my tech suffers from it xD.

ihavespaceballs - Fun times as usual you're Samus is super flashy and I love it I couldn't even keep up and good stuff in the tourney I kinda wished you had won against viperboy nothin against him though lol.

climhazard/zeus - As you could see when I was warmed up you couldn't not play nearly as technical actually you didn't really play technical at all two techy people cancel each other out with just wits. Either way I had fun playin you and congrats on gettin as far as you did.

To all of the people I played friendlies with, if I ***** you no hard feelings I hope I had fun either way and if you ***** me it's all good lol.

I think that about wraps it up my work is done here.

Big_R

Smash Champion
@mars
ya considering i was one of "them" but he didnt say bigr he said sliq so i maintain that my commentary was quite good

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
**** son, why can't people just give legit props. everyone shouting me out say **** like, "oh your good, but...(insert random **** about how I play gay, not technical etc.). I can give a **** about random people off the boards hating me or whatever but everyone that gets to know generally have absolutely no problem with me. people were on here saying I was hot garbage, I proved them wrong, i'm ****ed if i do and ****ed if I don't lol. anyway...shouts

TO: Didn't catch your name but without you this couldn't have happened so much thanks goes to you, really well run tourney.

Flux: It was fun as hell teaming with you and just generally hanging out over the day, you gotta step it up in teams son, I can't keep covering you *** lol. See you whenver mangz.

Chexr: Didn't get to play you but it was cool seeing you again, gj on teams.

Kels: I should of had you, but falco's a cripple at dies at 40% from dsmash. Still it was a hella close set and I look forward to beating you next time we meet. :), oh and fix your **** car lol.

Khepri: **** man what happened in singles, your better than that. Still I appreciate you letting us stay the night at your place and all the falcon practice I got.

Kenny: Really solid fox, hope to play you more.

James: Teh ride up to the tourney was tight as hell, with all the random convos that came up about anime. Nice to know someone else thought code geass was the **** too. Big ups for the motel room too.

BlackPanther: Yeah as you can tell my falco isn't insanely technical, I just like to combo the hell out of people,but it has it's moments. You won that match off of a bull**** shinespike so don't say I couldn't keep up lol. Still your a really cool dude, and I gotta support my african american smashers lol. were gonna have to have game of tech horse to settle this.

Lixivum: Yeah I camped and just generally avoided you, buttttt, if you grabbed me that was instant death since you know, do play the ic's. I don't dislike you for it or nothing, but I'll be ****ed if I just run into the ****, ggs.

Zjiin: Those were such weird matches, dunno what to say about it. I'll have to get your mgs back to ya at the next tourney.

Darktama: If falco didn't get ***** up the *** by defensive sheik I wouldn't camp so much against it. if it works it works. gg's.

Nes noob: sorry we didn't get our mm's in, I was playin all day in the tourney and just did not feel like it, we'll have to get em at some other time.

Darkrain: holy ****, I can't move.

BigR: IDK, you have such a solid falco, you just have to figure out how to get pass those lasers. Really fun matches though, at times we were doing the exact same stuff lol.

ajj: really good fox man, I felt so bad about how our set ended though, that stuff has happened to me and it's the worst. Just keep playing, you might be the next pc or something lol.

Tink: what's up with the placing man, I had money on you to win that ****. Still your right no one can take teams away from you, gj on that.

well, I think I got everyone and if I missed you sorry. If I ever come off as a ******* online then you obviously haven't held a convo with me irl and you would understand I'm a really chill guy. If I rub you teh wrong way then sorry but that's just me.

Great Great tourney though, probably the best I've been to next to FCD, I really enjoyed it.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Darktama: If falco didn't get ***** up the *** by defensive sheik I wouldn't camp so much against it. if it works it works. gg's.
I was commenting on your attitude lol. Not so much the playstyle. Sheik and peach players expect to get camped.

don't worry you're not the worst I've seen
there was this one dude with a huge fro at a norcal tourney who had to cuss after ever single time the opponent hit him.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
darkatma....im not sure what you're talking about with our windows...they don't need to go up first, you just need to push them down ahhaha

Watty

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS!

First thanks to everyone running it Marth 1, Big Matt, AO motha fuxin B and anyone else im missing

BigR - We did alot better than i expected usually dont have good chemistry but this time we on it. room number 222 was a sign from god. you get a smym mulligan

Ajj - glad u came big guy u did some work gots ta keep traveling

BigD - owning watty on YS with the foxxy, first 2 do that all day 222 good. always a blast hanging with ya. I relaxed a bunch when i saw ya behind me vs Dark.

Juke - Next time we play best believe im munching on some juicy *****

Souroush - Don Watty will collect. and im bringing champaign for when u get ur victory.

Jiano - 4 stocking that fro with DK rofl, 2 good

Dope - Coming back just to do work, dude is 2 good i best be seeing u around

Ameer - feel better buddy hope ur legs aiight good seeing u again

Tink - I told u Id get u. Still 2 close but rest assured until u avenge that loss imma be reminding u every second.

Hochi - u werent there fro....

VB - another old school fella from my generation taking a break than just bringing sexy back. 2 good man

Zijin - i love hanging with you man i wish we could of more

IHSB - i knew even before the tourney start Id have to play u. good **** though love ur style man keep reping the woman

Doza - u left her =( good **** though nice seeing u

Captain Awesome - thank god i didnt have to play u in tourney

Eddie - awesome seeing u again man good set I was worried about fighting ur ganon but i guess i was just feeling it and FOD wasnt a good random stage

Dmac - I avenged the sniping good set wasnt for that charge shot i woulda been in trouble

Dark - I wanted that 2 go to the 3rd match so bad, good stuff though good stuff on winning

Sliq - good interview after i lost lol I miss u, u gotta get back into the game baby

Hoefler - **** that was close lol u where just stealing my hat powers lol. good set im glad u saved me the stress of having to try and win that last life.

Matt - good set man, sheik was just to good i got u next time though

100 plus at this MELEE tourney is 2 good especially the time of year and every1 with school and everything in the midwest. like to see some of the old school boys coming out and doing work, hopefully people will keep coming back doing work and we can get melee rollin again.

on a more personnel note, Im the **** and 3rd strike is the ****

darkatma

Smash Hero
darkatma....im not sure what you're talking about with our windows...they don't need to go up first, you just need to push them down ahhaha
okay.
we tried hanging on them basically. They refused to go down
lolll
like, iono maybe the cold made the window frame shrink too much and so the window was more stuck.

but still thanks for hosting us :p
give me your sheik's edgeguarding ability please

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
It just occurred to me that Eddie and I were the only two attendees this weekend who had been to Snexus 1 (March 2003, my first tournament experience), and I think that goes for Snexus 2 and FoB 1 as well. Almost no one from those days/tournaments still plays Melee (a few of them play Brawl), but look at us two old guys still showing up. Eddie deserves props for still being good in addition to that.
Yo you forgot me, it was me also at snexus 1

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
okay.
we tried hanging on them basically. They refused to go down
lolll
like, iono maybe the cold made the window frame shrink too much and so the window was more stuck.

but still thanks for hosting us :p
give me your sheik's edgeguarding ability please
haha sorry, all you have to do is pull the blinds up and push them down from the top, you can do it just pushing on the handle but you have to be superman to do it almost

Tomacawk

Smash Master
some shoutouts I forgot:
khepri--you are an incredible player. you beat me with, literally, every character you play, AND ness (altho that one was close and i've NEVR played a ness before LOL johns)
cosmo/(i think lemon was your teammate sorry i can't remember)(it might have been viperboy/lemon/18spikes, im really failing at remembering)-thanks for the compliments on my fox. I guess this isnt' my breakout tournament but you guys were incredible players, and I'm never forgetting beating you guys 2v1 =P(even tho i already have LOL)
zeus--you aren't that technical. I was watching you play and it was nothign impressive. I'm more technical than you are and I'm a no namer. and you're arrogant as ****, you placed well but dont ever expect to be respected with such a ****ty attitude
those 2 guys from naperville-glad you guys had fun at your first tournament. sorry you guys had me in doubles pools AND singles pools (one of you did at least) but thats how it is--if it makes you feel better i didn't get out of pools either, and our singles pool was really stacked
everybody else--i had a blast. thanks for friendlies, the experience, and coming to a melee tournament.
Matt and Darkrain--you guys played the most entertaining set I have EVER seen (including m2k and shiz)
very well played, and props matt--i had NEVER heard of you before now but i will NEVER forget who you are, now. and you beat darkrain not only once, but you almost beat him AGAIN.
grant--wow. you're a really good falco. i was off my game but it wouldn't have mattered, my fox can't beat your falco. start going to tournaments, dumby
and lastly to darkrain--I think I'm maining falcon now. Seriously. My fox is far better, but who cares, falcon is incredible and you ahve inspired me
one more-i know most of you didn't know me, but the short talk in the parking garage with tink, dope, eddie, and zjiin was pretty funny. you guys are awesome, it's nice to have sucha great community like melee has. i was really good at h2 and the community for halo is ****ing garbage, and full of douchebags, but melee is living on through bad sequels (unlike halo 1 and 2) and living STRONG.
good job everybody who attended, good job to the organizers, and everybody else--peace out

viperboy_74

Smash Master
gg's to all, had a blast.

best quote of the tourney:

tink/me/zjin/vro - "dope, dude, pick a category, first one to mess up has to drink"

dope - "numbers"

or...

category: articals of clothing

tink - "shirt"
zjin - "pants"
vro - "tie"
dope - "bed"

more shout outs later

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
marth mains with fox secondaries(and vice versa) are sooooooooo gay....
....but that's a good character combo. it's hard to counterpick stages against them.

good times, met some interesting people. too many foxes and captains in the midwest, but fun nonetheless. darkrain got lucky, but it's okay. matt r didn't feel like sandbagging for that long anyway.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
I have a few shoutouts i would like to say:

Jiano: Good stuff taking out Twink with DK, that was pretty legit
Big D: We didnt get to talk much or see very much of each other, next time we will get down like true cocaine cowboys
Juke Marley: I felt like there was some magic goin on in that hotel room :p
Big R: Good stuff on the commentary and the chess
Don Watty: That was real legit how you did in the tournament and you are going to be welcome to pop bottles with the cocaine cowboys next time

Shoutout to All of the Cocaine Cowboys+ Watty
And Also Eddie, Dope Dizzler, Smeesh, Darkmata
and last but not least

Seagrims Gin, Because i drink it and they payin me for it

Big_R

Smash Champion
hahaha

k lemme do mine real quick
souroush- we coulda caused more mayhem but it was good ****. we can time warp any time bro
watty man i was sad by teams we def coulda fronzled more kids... good **** tho stop sandbaggin now
jiano- ur a stud best dk in the mw
bigd-where were u hang with me more. goos **** at steak n shake
juke-we got pretty wasted in that room bro good times.
sliq-way to keep the commentary on track. wut would we do without u. come back!
ameer sry about ur leg bro :(:(

i didnt get to wreck as many falcons as i'd have liked but u kno how it go. i gotta play more...

oh ya tink step it up big guy
dope i love u stay forever!
vboy-idk how but i didnt see u too much and we got no matches :(:( next time!

double also good **** to the big luigi or we it was quite tasty

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
hey, I got a bunch of videos I captured at the tourney, but I don't know who is all in them so if you were playing in the singles tourney post pool play on I think was tv 4, and you would like to make sure your name is on the title of the vid I'll be uploading them to youtube for the next couple of days. My account name is the2ndsamurai so that will make them easier to find.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
zeus--you aren't that technical. I was watching you play and it was nothign impressive. I'm more technical than you are and I'm a no namer. and you're arrogant as ****, you placed well but dont ever expect to be respected with such a ****ty attitude
how can even shout out someone you never met or played? I said I had the best tech, you don't agree ****ing drop it. I don't care anymore, if having ****ty tech=13th then yeah I have ****ty tech. if people have such a problem with me,(for what reason I don't know) then bring that **** to me while were at the tourney so we can see what the problem is and not throw stones at me over the internet.

if you can't do that then just drop it, cuz you never see me just ****ting on someone for no reason. It's like people are pissed I did well.

Tink

Smash Hero
shout outs....might miss some people <_<....

zicore, nick, AC, aob, marth 1, matt, george, smeesh, ameer, bigrrrrr, big d, juke, capn awesome, mendoza, zec and everyone else i jus talked to- it was amazing to see all you guys again....had muchhhh fun jus talking and seeing everyone again. The melee community is among the best in the tournament scene and had much fun jus hanging with ya.

sliq- man, when i herd we had to play u guys first round, i was sooo madd.....making the like, top 2 teams(imo) play first round was jus ridic. then we came out on top, and you guys had to go through a ridic losers bracket and finally lost =(...good playing ya again.

darkatma/geno-man, you guys had us scared......beating dante/jiano and then winning our first match was a hella scare....chexr almosttt bringing it back was inteeeeense....fun match!

cosmo and 18 spikes- u guys were doin great for most of the tourny, untill the last match in losers finals....wouldve been toooo good to have the northern states take top 2 in teams =)....ill see you guys at fbt for suree. great matches

darky and dmacy-you guys jus ***** us the first set, was kinda emabarassing <_<....we just couldnt get out shlt together, then we managed to get by in 5 games....wayyyy to close and awesome matches!

Chexr- what can i say? were jus toooo good on teams =) 2-0 in tournaments, noone can handle our diversity! we both suckkked in singles, idk what happend....we jus used all our juices for teams heh. fun teams matches, always a pleasure!

my car(dopey, damien, vro)- best car ever....only thing that wouldve made it car of the century wouldve been trail lol....what a scrub!

watty-

ripple-fun matches.....the Dk was fast, surprised you didnt do better 0_0, must be all that brawl =(. good chillin with ya!

black panther-some fun asz fox dittos =)....were act pretty close, you got some good tech. just need to get more experience!

G-banana- loved the falcon dittos! always such a fun match. just need to learn some matchups better.

NesNoob- lol, best 2 outta 3 sets was tooo good. im jus happy i happend to come out on top. u-air is a top tier move! really good tech chasing, just gotta learn no to do it lolll. youll get me next time!

watty-

mslano- i love playing against ganons =)...they just let you get maddd combos, but can still put up a fight with some key moves. stick with ganon!!!

eddie- always awesome to see ya, speically after almost a year layoff from melee....you did very well, good job!

jiano- what can i say? lol, get owned basically....shoudlve gotten those matches recorded, well, the MK2 one lol, ridic nonsense! fun matches, start practicing again!

VB/lemon- always fun playing/partying/hanging. too much fun friday night....wish i couldve smokedddd, but drikning was tooo fun....the hafner playing circle was worth the night lol.

peef-good seeing ya again....fun teams matches at VBs...we act one a couple even! hope you learned someeeething and didnt jus get discouraged from melee =(.

Leagan- that link looked tooo sexy, just too bad that in melee it doesnt equate to good =(....i seen some things i try with link, that you were doin and im like, omg, i thought i was the only one that tried that stuff, like, short hop-throwing bomb-wavelanding....tooo good. just need to learn how to gay out top tiers and you would be better. fun *** matches.

secks-you suck for taking my 1st seed =(, but i wouldnt have wanted to play eddie first round anyway heh, hate playing good friends in tourny...shoudlve stepped my game up and not went ganon apprently, good matches.

big bun-always fun to play purdue guys =)...had fun playing that shiek =).

*****-man dude, some really close matches. def my most close matches in pools when i went falcon, i even thought at points i would lose lol. defff keep it up, that marths too good!

deek-i love getting to play my falcon in pools. it always is tooo much fun, hopefully it was fun for you as well =)...good matches. come to more tournaments!

darkypoo-always good seeing ya! good job with the tournament. good to see you still on top of the MW.

mattR-outta nowhere! good job. i wish i wouldve gotten to play ya =) too bad, maybe next time.

marth1-never got to play our MM, but i feel i wouldve whooped ya :p, never know now ;). next tourny, we need to do it for sureee!

kels/khepri- i didnt hear anthing about what happend to u guys for teams or singles =(....i had high hopes for both of you! maybe next time.

everyone that helped run the tournament(speeeeically AOB <3 ), thanks alot! the tournament started a little late, but stillll ended before 12. very nice job...thanks to everyone that brought setups as well. muchhh apreciated....to everyone i forgot, sorry, there was too many people there and i tried to rem everyone but happens....i keep thinking im forgetting something.....who knows....everyone GGs

oh ya! watty- you suck....that is all <33333!

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
hey, I got a bunch of videos I captured at the tourney, but I don't know who is all in them so if you were playing in the singles tourney post pool play on I think was tv 4, and you would like to make sure your name is on the title of the vid I'll be uploading them to youtube for the next couple of days. My account name is the2ndsamurai so that will make them easier to find.
Cosmo VS Kels
losers bracket

I remember looking at the computer and it was like 2 hours and 15 min into a recording. It was right after some 1 player stuff.

look for a Red Falco (tag COS) vs a Blue Fox for round 1, 2nd round was on stadium, a falco ditto.

edit:

following that there's cosmo vs viperboy friendlies, some falco dittos and then a marth v falco

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
this tourney was too good! it was awesome seeing everyone, good job matt r/darkrain for 1/2.

dammit wayne!!!!!!i was rooting for you, u got fro'd. dont worry about it, **** happens, you got it next time =D

Watty

Smash Lord
this tourney was too good! it was awesome seeing everyone, good job matt r/darkrain for 1/2.

dammit wayne!!!!!!i was rooting for you, u got fro'd. dont worry about it, **** happens, you got it next time =D
not if im there

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
Cosmo VS Kels
losers bracket

I remember looking at the computer and it was like 2 hours and 15 min into a recording. It was right after some 1 player stuff.

look for a Red Falco (tag COS) vs a Blue Fox for round 1, 2nd round was on stadium, a falco ditto.

edit:

following that there's cosmo vs viperboy friendlies, some falco dittos and then a marth v falco
kk I'll keep that in mind, I also know that I have a set with you and dope too, I appreciate that you tag yourself in your matches, it makes it alot easier.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl...ummm...shiek much watty <_<? ima start practicing her, jusss for you. and when shes act in practice, ima hit up that young 2 stock on ya :p.

Chexr

Smash Ace
lmao at people hating on Zeus. Zeus is tight as hell if you're not the one he's raggin on.

tink: rofl we both have the same nemesis now jianos dk, god ****it

everyone who keeps telling me to play jigglypuff: **** YOU im never playing her again lol

slayer: you're dumb

st. louis: you guys got out slept by a guy with no pillow or blanket. Step up yo game

Book!

Smash Journeyman
I'm new to this stuff so I'll keep it short. Thanks to the Champaign crew for hosting, especially Tom and Matt for letting us stay the night. You guys are both incredible, and I was bummed that I didn't get to watch Matt v. Darkrain.

Thanks to all who attended for being so friendly and inclusive. It's an old game with a pretty tight-knit community, so it can be hard for newer members to break in. Everyone who thrashed me in pools did it with a smile and a handshake.

JBM, Big D, Dave O, Chad, Jiano, Zack - Fun playing with you all. Hope I'll be able to shake off the nervousness and be more consistent next time. Props to Big D for hitting me with that edge-canceled double knee: one of the sexiest things I have seen in this game.

Thanks to Chexr, Fluxwolf, John, and everyone else for the fun matches the night before.

Thanks to the STL crew for a fun trip. Good **** Geno and Atma for placing so high.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm new to this stuff so I'll keep it short. Thanks to the Champaign crew for hosting, especially Tom and Matt for letting us stay the night. You guys are both incredible, and I was bummed that I didn't get to watch Matt v. Darkrain.

Thanks to all who attended for being so friendly and inclusive. It's an old game with a pretty tight-knit community, so it can be hard for newer members to break in. Everyone who thrashed me in pools did it with a smile and a handshake.

JBM, Big D, Dave O, Chad, Jiano, Zack - Fun playing with you all. Hope I'll be able to shake off the nervousness and be more consistent next time. Props to Big D for hitting me with that edge-canceled double knee: one of the sexiest things I have seen in this game.

Thanks to Chexr, Fluxwolf, John, and everyone else for the fun matches the night before.

Thanks to the STL crew for a fun trip. Good **** Geno and Atma for placing so high.

That was you! I watched when that happened. I lost my ****. I was in the Jigglypuff costume. I'm hard to miss.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Glad someone else witnessed it, Sliq. Nice costume by the way. Your sets with Darkrain were intense; I love those rests that you throw out just when you're about to get dthrow -> knee'd.

Top Bottom