• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 12 March 5th!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
wiggins welcomes you to the cool kids club peef.

gsl maps are so much better for protoss.

im moving to korea guys, sorry cant make it to this.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Okay, first off, Pendulum has only gotten better since Hold Your Colour. Second, I'm pretty sure that if my rave-addicted friends who listen to dubstep almost 24/7 like Skrillex, then I can call it dubstep. They actually just did a show here last weekend, but I missed it. =/

Nickelback is hated on too much imo. They've had massive success, and their lead singer is amazing. Some of their songs are lame, some are cheesy, but they have some good songs too. Then again, I like some of the lame/cheesy/overplayed songs too. :p

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
LOL wow. you admit you only think its dubstep because your friends do. that proves you don't know what you are talking about.

listen to Skream, Datsik, and Bassnectar(all real dubstep) and then listen to Skrillex(junk/not dubstep). you will hear the difference.

and Nickelback is one of the worst bands of all time, sorry.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Pendulum is all about cheesy power chords now. Sure they had some of that in Hold Your Colour as well, but at least then they had a wide range of instrumentation and lyrical exploration to go along with it. Now that they've found their "niche" and have gone completely live/rock band, they're resting on their laurels and everything is some shallow gimmick-driven interpretation of their former work. It's hard to imagine they're the same group that made "Plasticworld" and "Girl in the Fire," two of their best songs

And before someone brings it up, no, "Slam" is not a good song (yet it's the mold that all their new songs adhere to, how ironic) and neither is "Propane Nightmares"

If you want the real, good drum and bass though, there was/is no one better than Goldie and his album Timeless. He did it first and did it best, even all the way back in 1995. Interestingly, it was produced by DJ Timecode, who also did the MSX radio stations in GTA3 and GTA:LCS...

Other good ones are Mistabishi, Nu:Tone, High Contrast—pretty much everyone on Hospital Records

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Microwave, I have listened to them. I don't notice a big enough difference. Also, I never admitted the ONLY reason I thought so was because of my friends. Way to make assumptions. I just happen to believe them since they're the ones who got me into dubstep and they've been listening to it for years. I have listened for myself, as well.

Assumptions usually make an *** out of you and me, but in this case, I think it only made an *** out of you. :)

Kels88

Smash Lord
Tink you will not win this, I will win this easy! I've got this in the bag. Kels still has not responded to my bull**** either!

KELS WHERE YOU AT!?

I'm right here and i aint goin nowhere. Now since i'm hearing all this talk why don't we have ourselves a little $mm? lol You call the amount. I'm not losing and i'm also winning this tournament. I'm taking out hbox, darkrain, and everyone else here. Just watch me.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'd like to remind everybody that the radio stations only decide to play the cheesy Nickelback songs. They do have some decent ones.
No, they play the ones Nickleback (and their record label) release as singles

Tomacawk

Smash Master
gimme that fox kelly smith
your time has come

wayne I want some too. I'm prepared to play you at LEAST 3 sets and not quit because I'm getting *****

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
When did I ever say Skrillex was just dubstep? I listed off multiple categories in that post, and just listed off names of artists I'm currently listening to and asked people of their opinions on them lol. For example, Wolfgang Gartner really is not a dubstep producer at all, but if you're going to make an assumption that I meant Skrillex was a dubstep artist, then that means you would have assumed Wolfgang was too. I know Skrillex is more of an electrohouse producer, but he has indeed dabbled at least A LITTLE into dubstep, and you can not deny that. If you do, well then there's a lot of ******** people in this world because one of his songs(don't know of the top of my head...and I'm not researching it lol) got #1 dubstep song on Beatport, if that holds any water or not, I don't really care.

And I like all of Pendulum's ****...Hold Your Colour, In Silico, and Immersion were all pleasing to my ears =P Yes, Slam and Propane Nightmares were not their greatest. And sure, there are some songs that suck my left nut in Immersion, but The Island - Dusk, Crush, and Vulture can not be written off as crappy songs IMO. I think people these days really are just trying to blame the mainstreamness of things as a valid reason to hate on something. I don't care if it's mainstream, so long as it sounds good.

Deadmau5 indeed is probably on the bottom of the list as far as my favorite artists is concerned, but he's still worth a listen IMO. Plus, thanks to him establishing mau5trap records, a lot of unknown artists are starting to get recognition they deserve. For example, I had no clue who Spor/Feed Me was until I heard mau5trap records had him make an album where he strayed away from DnB to do some electrohouse/dubstep. Sure, I initially just listened to the latter, but once I sampled some of his DnB songs, I found out he was legit as hell and it's thanks to Deadmau5 that I even found out about him. And I'm not saying other records aren't doing that because I know Laidback Luke is trying to currently(and I'm sure others are too), but Deadmau5 is definitely trying to enhance EDM as we currently know it, and succeeding IMO.

But uhh...yeah. Listen to PrototypeRaptor kiddies. And not this one Kirby song he made, at least for your first song from him. Dark Matter is legit, but the rap/hip hop-esque one he made is a little goofy and will give you the wrong impression of him at first IMO =P Dude needs more followerssssss.

Nice wall of text, eh ;)?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Pendulum *****.

Honda your too critical/technical. dumb it down and enjoy some music lol.

Along with the rest of you who made wall posts.

Im just wondering what marth player is gonna take out Kels.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Arc will take out Kels. Idk if it will be in winners or losers. If I make it to this, which is looking slightly more possible now, then I will be the other person he loses to. :p

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Don't worry, I listen to all kinds of music and my standards aren't super-high or anything, I mean I did go through a phase last summer where all I listened to was Passion Pit...

I take my Beatles and my DnB super-surrsly though, I grew up on that stuff

ORLY

Smash Master
Some big egos gonna clash at this. It's gonna be crazy.

But watching Kels get rested four times a game against Hbox is gonna be hilarious. (lol sorry Kels)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
we're gunna see kelly get 3-0d by hbox
game 1 fox, kelly's gunna get gimped a bunch
game 2 falco, kelly's gunna john that falco isn't listening to him
game 3 sheik, kelly loses because his sheik sucks LOL

Tink

Smash Hero
id defff put money on kelly too =D....i mean, no offense to arc or katma, but when you 2 go even in sets with each other, that means kellys gonna **** arc :/....easy peasy. (inui logic ftw!)

the sad thing is, even kellys shiek might be able to handle arc =(.

Top Bottom