• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 12 March 5th!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
accepted all mms
come find me at the venue or i'll inevitably forget
juggleguy: $5 fox v falcon, 2$ everything else?

ORLY

Smash Master
Allow wobbling but let the victim pause once every 30% lol that's how I get out of it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'd allow wobbling if ICs players would do something other than shieldgrab in order to land them.

I dont have a problem with Wobbles doing it because he doesn't rely on it and actually works for the grabs he gets.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'd allow wobbling if ICs players would do something other than shieldgrab in order to land them.

I dont have a problem with Wobbles doing it because he doesn't rely on it and actually works for the grabs he gets.
Any compotent person shouldnt get sheildgrabbed. I know alot of people say that but even the mediocre people i play with already never ever get sheildgrabbed.

Instead it should be rephrased this way. "Wobbling wouldn't be a problem if idiots didn't let themselves get sheildgrabbed so much. But since they are lazy and whiners, we will not allow the technique."

The reason you don't have a problem with Wobbles doing it (and the reason he doesn't get sheildgrabs) is because he doesn't live in the Midwest where you can literally live off of sheildgrabs your entire career no matter what character you are because people here "dont want to try so hard".

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
PEEF, any time you attack forward you risk being shieldgrabbed. Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, Falcon (except with knee) ANYONE. Nobody is 100% safe on shield.

So what you're asking me to do is laser camp and platform camp for 8 minutes so i don't "be an idiot and let myself be shieldgrabbed".

... I like a little diversity in my play loooool

Dart!

Smash Master
Any compotent person shouldnt get sheildgrabbed. I know alot of people say that but even the mediocre people i play with already never ever get sheildgrabbed.

Instead it should be rephrased this way. "Wobbling wouldn't be a problem if idiots didn't let themselves get sheildgrabbed so much. But since they are lazy and whiners, we will not allow the technique."

The reason you don't have a problem with Wobbles doing it (and the reason he doesn't get sheildgrabs) is because he doesn't live in the Midwest where you can literally live off of sheildgrabs your entire career no matter what character you are because people here "dont want to try so hard".
Spam shieldgrab at a smashing grounds. Depending on the pool you might not even make bracket. The good people in IL shouldn't *at least i don't* get johnsy about it.
I seriously hate how wobbling debates start in every tourney thread with possible ICs appearance, why is it a big deal?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
PEEF, any time you attack forward you risk being shieldgrabbed. Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, Falcon (except with knee) ANYONE. Nobody is 100% safe on shield.

So what you're asking me to do is laser camp and platform camp for 8 minutes so i don't "be an idiot and let myself be shieldgrabbed".

... I like a little diversity in my play loooool
Tell me how many times Dr. PP got shieldgrabbed vs M2K (king of shieldgrabs) in his latest set with him. I honestly believe it was 0, and that is not because M2K didn't try. He gets punished for trying hella times per game. Don't act like the only way to not get grabbed is to not approach. All PP did was approach. Watch Lucky vs Fly and Mango vs Fly if you want more examples of sheildgrabs never ever working.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
because IC players want a free win?

no, but its really because they feel repressed, but they forget this is a video game and not IRL. they arent entitled to anything expect walking out the door of the venue.

and sveet as much as i love you, you're wrong. IC's have 8 billion setups to get a grab, not just shield grab and its 10 billion if you dont have MU experience (atleast 75% of the community)

and peef, not every character has a 1 frame move to do after they lcancel.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
because IC players want a free win?

no, but its really because they feel repressed, but they forget this is a video game and not IRL. they arent entitled to anything expect walking out the door of the venue.
Its not a free win, if it was... WE WOULD WIN hahahahahahaha. An Ice Climber player hasn't won a national tournament in 4 years. Complain about the abilities of an overcentralizing character like Fox or Falco.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Why does this even matter if PEEF is the only climber going here?
Well there will be more, and it matters to me as much as any issue could matter to any of you. Its like if we were to ban Pikachu and there was only one Pikachu player. It is still unjust even if it made the majority happy.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Well there will be more, and it matters to me as much as any issue could matter to any of you. Its like if we were to ban Pikachu and there was only one Pikachu player. It is still unjust even if it made the majority happy.
A character now? Keep grasping at straws

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
wow peef your analogies are so bad. Ice climbers aren't banned. Their punishment potential is barely diminished. Wobbling has been banned pretty much since it was introduced to the community. Move on already.

Also, smashing grounds has always allowed wobbling. just an fyii

Jayford

Smash Lord
utilitarianism get *****

we should allow big blue it's my favorite stage. not allowing it alienates me

gg

no

re

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
We need to quit bickering about it, its banned and terran are imba. Thats our new topic. Nerf terran.

(Inbefore peef complains about protoss)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
We need to quit bickering about it, its banned and terran are imba. Thats our new topic. Nerf terran.

(Inbefore peef complains about protoss)
I complain more about terran than protoss. It's just funny that protoss complains about terran.

If it barely diminishes the punishment potential of ICs then you should totally be in support of legalizing it.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
god i want to answer for sveet, but i said i was done.

i figured you would bring up toss cause you seem to comment on the imbaness of toss on all my terran rambles.

"its funny toss complains about terran" ?

whys that? because marauders beat everything that we can make until tier 2? like completely **** everything before tier 2?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think protoss is the strongest race after the 7 minute mark.

zerg is the best race for about 75 seconds around the 10 minute mark (you can just mass a ****ton of roaches and straight up kill your opponent if they try to expand)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
PEEF finally brought me around on the wobbling argument
only because "Legalize it!" forever refers my brain to cannabis

PEEF!

Smash Hero
god i want to answer for sveet, but i said i was done.

i figured you would bring up toss cause you seem to comment on the imbaness of toss on all my terran rambles.

"its funny toss complains about terran" ?

whys that? because marauders beat everything that we can make until tier 2? like completely **** everything before tier 2?
Protoss doesn't even lose early game to terran so IDK why you bring that up. Marauder pushes don't happen anymore, and when they do there are enough sentries to FF until immortal is out. Then the 2 immortal 2 colossus +gateway counterpush wins always.

When Terran 2 rax a zerg he has about a 50% chance of winning right there, a 25% chance of coming out way ahead and winning with first push, and 25% chance of being even with the zerg.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
we have to burn atleast 200 gas and not expand for like 15 minutes or 1 base to deal with this.
and thats the only problem, marauders yea. if they didn't build anything but marauders/didnt tech and didnt expand it would be easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
yep, youre right.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Marauder is actually a sickly hard unit for P to fight. You need really good FFs (~8 sentries required) as well as 5+ zealots and stalker support to even survive a battle.

As a zerg player, i looooove when people all-in vs me. Its the easiest way to get wins. I hatch first pretty much every game. If i scout they are attacking when my hatch finishes i dont drone up until i have enough to stop the attack. I keep scouting and when they have broken the threshold of "needing an expansion now" i know they are going to do a 1 base all-in push and i make 2 spines and enough roaches and lings to defend. Free win.

Its really stupid hard to beat a protoss who 2 base turtles until critical mass.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I find it ironic how we're hating on wobbling in here, then Peef shows up, and his sig is just staring us in the face, mesmerizing us. Lol.

Top Bottom