• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation! Melee. IT'S LIKE THE THING THAT JUST KEEPS DYING!!!!

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Posting to say that this turnout is looking really sexy.

This decision was mostly influenced by the power rankings inspiring me to want to compete more.
Hehehe. I'd like to say that getting morale upped by asking Jake to release the PR earlier than expected thus motivating people to come out and compete was completely intentional...

And it really was. It seems to be working out pretty sexily imo.

D

Deleted member

david make doubles entrance higher pls? bigger pot?

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
That's not how you encourage people to enter doubles >_>

Cheaper = more takers = bigger pot
Expensive = only people who are very confident or gamblers = smaller pot

Then again that's sort of on a grander scale. If you hike the price another 5$, it will still even out to about the same as the people dropping out of doubles because of price.

D

Deleted member

The fact is, more people need to enter it.

Btw, all in favour of making the numbered rankings in the PR to pokemon rankings say "hell yes"

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Lone Wolf: I live in Malton, pretty close to Brampton. According to Mape Quest, it's about 20-30 minutes away from the Bi-Weekly.

Though I'm almost certain I cannot go right now, since I'm going over to a relatives house for at least tonight-tomorrow night. And since I'm younger than most Smashers (15), I would be more comfortable bringing my friend along, but I haven't been in contact with him lately. One night isn't much time to plan it for me.

Maybe the next Bi-Weekly.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
but then what would be the pokemon to represent 2nd place? because you have you and bread-butterer as tied for first

D

Deleted member

if it were numbers, i wouldn't put 1 and 2, i'd just put 1

if it were pokemon, i wouldn't put 2, i'd just put 1

I'm a consistent person eric.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^ I would, if that didn't make our team horribly weak to marth/sheiks.

Bernard answer me! Teamzes?

Also posting to say this looks like a good turnout, someone alert Volasko and co.... same with Tai and the other random usual suspects.

DLSix

Smash Rookie
So yeah, I officially can't come, working saturday like I figured. :( Oh well, if you have the next one on a sunday I'll come. Have fun.

SilentChance

Smash Rookie
Hi

I would like to join in this tournement on the 4th. umm ya ill bring a noob to so =p hehehe xD j/k j/k but ill bring someone else whos about to join the forms. anyways i look forward to playing...:psycho:

AzureZero

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but i'd like to join the tournament. I'm the "quote on quote" noob that silentchance mentioned. We may only be coming for doubles but also maybe for singles. So see everyone there and good luck in your training =D. P.S. SNOW IS PINK NOT WHITE >.>

180OP

Smash Journeyman
ok update here. Won't be able to make teh smashfest tomorrow. Sorry for the short notice. got invited to a party that i have to attend. So that means my bro is out as well.

D

Deleted member

Oh my bad, i just re-read the stuff, i can't bring a cube, sorry

LOL @ my lateness

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh man that was pretty fun. I only won one set in my pool, but it was a death pool (I.B., Dragon_Hawk, Lone Wolf, Chaotic, Divine Punishment) so it's all good. Will come next time, but I probably won't enter singles and maybe not doubles if it's gonna cost me 30 bucks a month lol.

AHH RAYNEX ****** SINGLES! Was the Poke Floats match recorded, where Divine Knight hacked the Goldeen to survive? That was incredible, somebody upload it ASAP.

<generic shouts to everybody>

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I got mindgamed.

Alright, first off THANK YOU AMBROSE FOR HAVING ANOTEHR COPY OF SMASH AROUND. I FELT VERY STUPID FOR FORGETTING MINE.

Anyway, overall it was lots of fun. I felt awesome throughout the day and for the most part I was playing to my potential. I got a lot better today; I've regained my ability to read people and think in matches, learned tons of new tricks and combos, and learned that I can actually play with Spamus. So thank you David for hosting such an awesome tournament, and for having drinks. And thanks for playing against me,; my favourite part was when it didn't happen :(.

Alright, shoutouts (I'm just gonna go off the top of my head, starting with david because he hosted and neglected having matches with me):

David: See above...and above that. I want your hat. You know, sometimes I think having Kirby's power would really be useful.

Feffman: THANK YOU FOR BRINGING AR. but wtf? no aerial battles? :(

Badnan: We didn't even play except in doubles, but that was fun. next time we need sets.

Dzenan: lol those matches were fun. lol FFR. keep up spamus, I think yours is better than mine. its definitely meaner :mad:

Imadh: owned me, go figure. Good job btw, your marth is improving.

Matt: we played in pools. I want revenge for being gayed so hard, I was like WTF HAX SHEIK IS SUPPOSED TO COUNTER MARF. oh well, good stuff. next time you will wuffer my mindgaems with falco. yes, wuffer. its worse than suffering.

Andy: aaaa we never played :(. next time. thanks for the samus tip btw. although I just remembered you told me that in november and I forgot, lol.

coolhat: your luigi is inspiring. playing AR was fun, so were our doubles matches. You need to learn to die sometimes, sheesh :psycho: keep up the good work :)

Bernard: ..........................................................................................................do you slow down time when you play or are you from another planet? One or the other...your fox is rediculous. REDICULOUS.
lol, i'm just kidding. keep it up. Thanks for everything. Doubles was the best.

"Mikey" (?): I don't think he goes on smashboards, so david you'll have to tell him from me that he's awesome.

Erixz0rz: grmogre got his revenge on marth. grmogre is satisfied. lol, anyway: your marth is smart, you just need to practice combos and getting grabs. particularly against the spacies. keep it up though. 私の鳥はあなたの4 在庫を取った

Mike: Even though you completely NEGLECTED PLAYING WITH ME (grrr) you deserve a shoutout....

Steve: Your Icies are amazing. I hope we can play some more some time. You should work on your game vs Spamus and I'll work on my actual Spamus, and we can play awesome matches next time.

Nate: Your Jiggs is so much fun to play against. I doubt you can say the same about my Marf, however.

Chaotic: Your Falcon is too heterosexual. It's unnerving. But good, somehow. Keep it up.

alphameric: wow, nice game and watch. It's really awesome. You came close to beating my Fox at its best, and considering you were GnW that's pretty cool.

Jason: I like your Roy; it's fast and awesome and your combos own. Sorry for gaying you so hard with marf.

Daniel: Awesome Fox as always. You didn't seem as confident as you did at caketown, but you still owned me pretty hard.

Ryan: lol, those doubles matches were pretty awesome. Your doc is amazing btw, I could hardly believe it.

Jake: We didn't play at all really, but next time we should have some matches. We'll be able to if your smashfest is still on.

Julian: Good playing. I didn't play you enough really, but your tipper ****** is good.

Grmo: you are awesome. :chuckle:

Dro: WHYY DIDNT YOU COME. I'm putting you below me on my own shoutouts, that's how dissapointed I am. :(

Anyway that's it. I think I got everyone, but if I forgot anyone I'm sorry: i'm tired and i need sleep. Thanks again everyone, good tournament, and good night. :079:

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
shout outs for another time. for the record everyone is getting home so late because of pools. no pools. = leaving early enough to actually do something at night.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Did anyone by any chance take an orange controller with them that wasn't theirs by accident? Because I seem to be missing mine, which unnerves me.

Divine Punishment

Smash Rookie
Yeah, great time. Met a nice chunk of the surrounding smash community and had ****loads of fun. David, that tourney was made of awesomeness and win. (I drank enough pop to make me sick.) Thanks to everyone I got the chance to play: in friendlies and singles. And I really do appreciate the comments on Roy, just cause, it's Roy. xD

Thanks for Bernard for being the first to pick up a match with me, even though I got 3 stocked by Fox, and 4 stocked by DK. Your DK is fun as hell to watch. xD

David, thanks for throwin this, I really needed to get out and experience somethin like it. And I enjoy matches with your fox, IC's...not so much. Heh.

Jeffman, nice singles fight, I had lotsa fun. And we were pizzabuddies. And grmo too, marth ditto was awesome. And while im at it, Ryan, I was waiting for a roy ditto. xD And some nice combos were pulled. Also to Brian, who was probably the closest to my tech level at the place. We came out about even after 10 matches or so, good stuff.

Haha, and everyone else, great tourney. I spent a lot of time observing matches and such, I think it'll help in the future.

Looking forward to more things like that. I'll work on my stuff till then. ~

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Bernard is so ridiculously overwhelming the first time you fight him.

I mean, it doesnt get any better in the future, but at least you're used to it.

D

Deleted member

Pools are better because people get to have matches. But they don't do much in the way of preventing lame brackets... it just gets rid of a few people.

Top Bottom