• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation! Melee. IT'S LIKE THE THING THAT JUST KEEPS DYING!!!!

idea

Smash Master
But Kyle it's fun to point out how fail religion is. It's like P except people like it.
this is true. and dinosaurs living at the same time as people is one of the more interesting ones. you're trusting scientific evidence for the existence of dinosaurs, but then ignoring the much simpler evidence about when they lived and when humans lived. it's actually fascinating to me that people can do that so blatantly and illogically.

i really want to go to one of the museums with people riding on dinosaurs. what were they thinking? MUSEUMS?! there aren't any "history of life according to the bible" museums......wait, are there? there aren't, right =/

wow i never knew we were from an ancient mamal that were chillin' with dinosaurs =D

3000 post =D
i love dino convos.
but of course! we came from the little rats that would hide and only come out at night and steal dinosaurs' eggs and ****. a noble history <_<

but when they died mammals were still alive so they gradually became huge (not as big, but still very big) and became the dominant type of species. this is from 'walking with beasts.' there's that, walking with dinosaurs, and walking with monsters...that one's probably the most interesting, it's about the very first life on earth. everything comes from fish =D

Santana

Smash Apprentice
I didn't read all the posts, so here we go:

The common misconception is, that when people argue against religion, they disprove all the nonsensical things. Most religious folk themselves don't believe these things (and yes, when I say "most", I'm referring to the intelligent folk, not Texans). It's easy to disprove the magical fairy tale that is the bible.

Religion is belief, not stupidity and ignorance (for most of us). Belief that there is a superior being that somehow created our existence, whether it be the big bang, or pixie dust that turned into Earth. Belief that there is an afterlife. Belief that the evolution of science can co-exists with religion. Belief in the lessons and morals taught from Christianity.

I won't attempt to disprove your preference over chocolate to vanilla; I can't. You like chocolate, it's your choice. For no apparent reason, I may think it's stupid to like chocolate because I like vanilla. It must be the superior choice (hello atheists).

That's all religion is: a preference of beliefs.

**If I totally got the wrong idea from some what's going on, sorry.

And I hope this isn't too much for this thread :suess:

idea

Smash Master
it's kind of an old discussion, but i'll add in some points.

i agree with you about most people attacking the nonsensical parts of..."religion". there are a lot of very different religions, but i think we all understand what i mean by "religion". the key difference, i find, is in approach. atheism is more closely linked to scientific practices cause it shares the approach of informed doubt.

religions generally try to support themselves; any scientific hypothesis involves trying to show how it is wrong. i think it generally follows from that that if a religion tried to argue against itself, it would be very easy.

but, like i think you said, religion doesn't look at it that way; it's not about proving correctness, but belief. i have to wonder, though, why those beliefs were chosen. why one religion over another? why would a person be satisfied with a belief they chose in this way?

there's a lot about the general religious perspective i don't understand.

inb4 mike "super" supports atheism =P

Top Bottom