• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation! Melee. IT'S LIKE THE THING THAT JUST KEEPS DYING!!!!

idea

Smash Master
surprisingly at first he was the rock critic for about 10 years or so, going to concerts and reviewing them. but suddenly the previous film critic left the star and the position was open.

it's funny, when he was rock critic the music companies sent us thousands and thousands of CDs

now that he's film critic we get thousands and thousands of dvds and bluray now

(don't believe the hype - bluray is so overrated)
again - how do you get a job like that =D

D

Deleted member

study journalism - work newsreporter jobs - get as many headings as you can - write stories like **** - write them well - get a name for yourself - apply.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I remember going to Jake's house to play smash.

His backyard porch thing is so big its ridiculous. All you need is like 5 DOA characters and free time.

He also has this thing on the kitchen floor that automatically picks up dirt and stuff. Stupid rich people.

idea

Smash Master
study journalism at carlton - work ****ty newsreporter jobs - get as many headings as you can - write stories like **** - write them well - get a name for yourself - apply.
i see...okay, i don't think i want the job that much =P the leadup to being a movie critic sounds too far from what i want to be doing.

I remember going to Jake's house to play smash.

His backyard porch thing is so big its ridiculous. All you need is like 5 DOA characters and free time.

He also has this thing on the kitchen floor that automatically picks up dirt and stuff. Stupid rich people.
a robot?

idea

Smash Master
oh, i dunno. i think ideally i would be a writer for movies/tv. i thought about it, and i'd rather not criticize movies....i'll just continue watching them in large quantities. so really, i'm not too sure what i want to do.

why do you keep reviving this thread for non-smash-related reasons =P

D

Deleted member

work on writing dialogue. get a feel for it. best piece of advice i can give you (i've had about 5 of my plays staged professionally, not to mention the collective piece that was at the tarragon) is to listen in to people's day to day conversations and write down the **** you overhear. take snippets of their conversation and then build off of it, see if you can piece together a scene.

it's a great idea starter. no pun intended.

idea

Smash Master
thanks, good advice. funny thing is, though, that i don't write in my spare time. i just never have any real motivation to. so a job involving writing would seem illogical, although i'm sure i'd be good at it and enjoy it. a more practical job would be an editor, since i'm probably better at editing other people's stuff than writing my own. for some reason i forgot i had that in mind when i was typing my last post. i also considered being a teacher, but what i liked about that were only little things, and most of the job would probably annoy me. yeah, as you can probably tell i have no idea what to do over the next many years =P

D

Deleted member

haha, sounds exactly like me. people always come to me for editing help on essays and such.

it's difficult to figure out what you wanna do, that's why i took a 5th year in high school to slow things down. realized i loved watching movies, loved making movies, and i love writing dialogue, so i guess something ilke that?

idea

Smash Master
i'd probably only be able to say i love watching movies. if i had just met me i would expect me to be someone who creates art too, but for whatever reason i'm much more passive about it. and it's not laziness...or lack of inspiration...so i guess i'm just not that type of person. meh.

we should play super smash bros together :bee:

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
kk guys so were gonna smashturbate sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday and saturday. Sooo ALL DAI. but they "All DAI" ends with an "i".
aww.
kk so its christmas day and my family is not doing anything.
time to go watch some dinosours thingys in discovery channel.
sex in ma dino.

idea

Smash Master
kk guys so were gonna smashturbate sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday and saturday. Sooo ALL DAI. but they "All DAI" ends with an "i".
aww.
kk so its christmas day and my family is not doing anything.
time to go watch some dinosours thingys in discovery channel.
sex in ma dino.
is it Walking with Dinosaurs? cause if not i probably haven't already seen it.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
is it Walking with Dinosaurs? cause if not i probably haven't already seen it.
Dinosaurs: Return to life.

basically they proved that modern birds are actually dinosaurs. Same with like aligators. Well basically modern animals used to be dinosaurs but mutations occured and stoped certain developments to happen so yeah. And yeah theyre trying to recreate a real dinosaur using a modern bird. Modern animals have all the genitics of a dinosaur so yeah. theyre just turning modern animals into dinosaurs.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ im starting to think that we humans are from dinosaurs lmfao.

edit: so know im watching dinolab lmfao.

idea

Smash Master
Dinosaurs: Return to life.

basically they proved that modern birds are actually dinosaurs. Same with like aligators. Well basically modern animals used to be dinosaurs but mutations occured and stoped certain developments to happen so yeah. And yeah theyre trying to recreate a real dinosaur using a modern bird. Modern animals have all the genitics of a dinosaur so yeah. theyre just turning modern animals into dinosaurs.
yeah, birds = dinosaurs. they're a member of the superorder Dinosauria, so in that way they are actually dinosaurs. cool huh? =)

i don't know what they mean by "modern animals used to be dinosaurs"...right now is the age of the mammals really. they survived the dinosaur extinction (which killed pretty much all the dinosaurs, since it killed anything big) and became the new dominant general strain of species. alligators would be considered dinosaurs if they...if had elevated limbs, or something like that. then they'd be classified as dinosaurs.

i dunno, good luck in making a dinosaur with what they have lying around these days. did they name any one in specific? like bird --> utahraptor or something?

^ im starting to think that we humans are from dinosaurs lmfao.

edit: so know im watching dinolab lmfao.
humans came from ancient mammals, which were hiding at night during the dinosaurs' time. keep me updated on what they say on these, i'm probably gonna watch mulan =P or lilo and stitch, haven't decided yet

edit: mike - actual information about dinosaurs is way more interesting than discussions about other people's poorly thought out beliefs =P

diplodocus could use its tail like a whip. i think it was apatosaur that i read could actually whip to make a sound of about 200 decibels. that's like louder than an airplane taking off right next to you.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
wow i never knew we were from an ancient mamal that were chillin' with dinosaurs =D

3000 post =D
i love dino convos.

Top Bottom