• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
I played spams falcon a long time ago, i know whats coming lol... nothing but running around and grabbing. patience and reflexes will be the key to that win.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
o man, spam must be 100% confident in this if hes willing to lay down MONEY on it!

edit:
im bored, i wanna make sigs for this. ppl, start requesting them!

Cia

das kwl
chibo, can you please make me a sig that some how includes Green Bow Jigglypuff, Orange Sheik, Gold + Silver Ice Climbers, Black (dress) Peach, Yellow Young Link, Pink DK, Black Pichu + Brown Kirby?

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Vanz, at some point in your life... please take a color theory art course lol. Those are some dirt fungy colors.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
chibo, can you please make me a sig that some how includes Green Bow Jigglypuff, Orange Sheik, Gold + Silver Ice Climbers, Black (dress) Peach, Yellow Young Link, Pink DK, Black Pichu + Brown Kirby?
no

haha lol, thats just like a bit too much, and as oorah said, wtf with those colors lol. my render collection is limited to google image search, and i doubt i can find all those. il take a couple of em, put a cool twist on it, and who knows. i dont think i can do it at work though, which is where il be for the next 8 hours today -_-

JFox

Smash Hero
Can you make me one with baby peach? You can somehow incorporate fox if you want also, but the main focus has got to be Peach all dai.

Cia

das kwl
>=[ I wasn't trying to have the colors "coordinate" you silly interior decorators you. I was just trying to see what the characters would look like in colors they don't normally have.. so :p

chibo - it's cool, I completely understand if you don't have the photoshop skills to make it happen, I'll just ask crismas :D

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
DAAMNNN diss... How dare you call me an interior decorator. That's like calling Oorah (my alter ego) a calm submissive person. Do you not know Oorah will kill you for saying something like that?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
chibo - it's cool, I completely understand if you don't have the photoshop skills to make it happen, I'll just ask crismas :D
daaaaaamn, what a burn lol. i c how it is. well i cant promise everythjing that u requested, il give it a shot lol

JFox

Smash Hero
Can you make me one with baby peach? You can somehow incorporate fox if you want also, but the main focus has got to be Peach all dai.
Chibo- I have an idea. Do you think you could make baby in a shine, and have Fox getting hit by the shine? Might by tough, but that would be siick.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im done the first 2 sigs

im not sure if i like vanz sig but i couldnt think of any other way to include that many characters. i got em all but orange sheik

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
You need to work on your typography if you are going to work on sigs being that sigs can generally be more than 50% a typogrphical concept. not bad starts though.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Phish it if there's any way I can help you make it I'd be happy to.

@ Roman and Spife, plenty of housing is available.

JFox

Smash Hero
Everyone check out how SEXY this sig is! OMG Chibo, I love it. Thanks!

Edit: LOL I just noticed my sig says Smashpocalypse 4. Ha, oh well.

Scar

#HarveyDent
IMPORTANT RULES
₪ Stage Strike Rule

• For each set, ONE stage ban is allowed.
  • If a player chooses to ban a neutral stage, the banned stage will not be played if it is selected on random, nor can it be counterpicked.
  • If a player chooses to ban a NON-NEUTRAL STAGE, he can also strike a neutral stage from the initial random stage select. The stage that was striked CAN be counterpicked by the opponent.
₪ Dave's Stupid Rule Modified - A player cannot counter pick a stage on which they have already won a match in a set. In best of 5 sets, this rule is not always enforced, since counterpick stages are gay and we encourage our players to stick to neutrals.
Wobbling is banned.
Questions, comments?

Scar

#HarveyDent
Alukard did strike + ban, and I think it's more fair to be able to strike a neutral if you're really uncomfortable with a counterpick stage. Most people don't ban CP stages just because it's smarter to ban something that can come up on the random select: it's like two for the price of one. This rule eliminates that advantage.

It's also unfair IMO to force people to ban CP stages. Some tourneys say you can't ban neutrals. Too stupid. Also I think it's stupid to be able to strike AND ban two neutral stages.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Alukard did strike + ban, and I think it's more fair to be able to strike a neutral if you're really uncomfortable with a counterpick stage. Most people don't ban CP stages just because it's smarter to ban something that can come up on the random select: it's like two for the price of one. This rule eliminates that advantage.

It's also unfair IMO to force people to ban CP stages. Some tourneys say you can't ban neutrals. Too stupid. Also I think it's stupid to be able to strike AND ban two neutral stages.
i guess. i feel like people should be able to deal with counterpick stages by now. the games been out since 2001.

"Also I think it's stupid to be able to strike AND ban two neutral stages."

yea, i agree thats dumb. i'm just against excessive banning of stages in general. I'd rather it just be the one stage you really dislike, or you know your opponent has a habit of choosing

Velocity

Smash Lord
Alukard did strike + ban, and I think it's more fair to be able to strike a neutral if you're really uncomfortable with a CP stage. Most people don't ban CP stages just because it's smarter to ban something that can come up on the random select: it's like two for the price of one. This rule eliminates that advantage.

I've always been in favor of striking a neutral and having a ban for a CP stage.
They are neutrals for a reason meaning you should know how to play on them or at least have a character for them given there are advantages but not like there would be on CP stages

and to make this even better you could forfeit your stage strike and CP ban to ban a neutral that's really the fairest way to play

example using scar
scar vs spam
scar bans pokefloats
first stage comes up fountain resets
random comes up fd this time hes *****.

scar vs someone not spam hes bans fountain

first case spam could CP fountain
second case opponent can't but he risks being taken to a really gay stage like floats or japes or something.

Thoughts?

Edit: Striking only for the random stage or if the opponent CPs Random

Scar

#HarveyDent
I've only been playing the game since 2007 though. And I encourage others in the same position to not have to be gayed by people knowing stupid **** about PokeFloats *cough*SPAM*cough* or Mute City or Brinstar.

Granted this knowledge is important, but if the other person is smart enough to ban Mute vs Jiggs or Peach he shouldn't have to endure round 1 on Dreamland.

and to make this even better you could forfeit your stage strike and CP ban to ban a neutral that's really the fairest way to play
This is exactly what I'm proposing and I think it's fair too.

Top Bottom