• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

Cless

Smash Champion
I've been hearing that it's a Melee tourney, which would make sense since the tourneys are gonna start at 10 and Brawl won't be released for midnight. They did the same thing for Halo 3 at my local Gamestop.

Cless

Smash Champion
I was told it was Brawl, if it's Melee, I MIGHT make it to 4th round. >_> I won't have any problems for the first couple 2...the third might be a different story. I think by then, I'd be up against ppl like Inui. >.<
I really hope it's Brawl because then I'd have a chance to do stuf, and I think it's going to be Brawlf. Besides, it's not like anything I hear is credible. Just relaying possibilities.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Well, what I heard was from the Store Manager at EB. (My former boss, lol). he said it was Brawl, and that Nintendo was sponsoring it heavy. Oh, and Inui, I wanna play you again at SPOC5 (that way it stays on topic.) Roykid, are we still teaming?

Velocity

Smash Lord
yeah, he won $50.00 from it. Leo's effing good.

Velocity - you should money match him for $100.00 .. than you'll know who the **** leo is ^_^
yeah the guy who just gave me 100$ lol nah id maybe do it for one decimal over 1000 ****ing dollars j/k more like 10 i'll prolly never see him

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ken, you are correct, it IS a 1 minute time limit, not sure about items, though. >_> That, and it increases to 3 minutes on round two, 5 minutes on round 3, and double elimination on round 4
u mean best of 2 for round 4? how can they switch formats in the middle

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i kinda wanna call up my gamestop to get final rules and tell em if they want to il go in early to unlock everything for the tourney lol. im not about to be stuck to starting roster with new charas comin up right away lol

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
As the rounds get more serious, they make it less stupid I suppose.
QFT

You can get the final rules @

http://www.gamestop.com/smash

I don't know if EVERY Gamestop is participating, but I do know that mine is. You can find out there.

Edit: I feel REALLY bad going off topic, 'cuz Scar is like my bro and all. Scar, when are we getting together to play? I mean seriously, we've yet to do that. I want to play your C. Falcon.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Ken34 Your Sig Is To Good I'll Maybe Steal It ^_-
lol, I love my sig too, thanks.:chuckle:

Regardless of the Round, Contestants must use Game Controllers provided at the participating GameStop location or Tournament location. A Contestant cannot use his or her own Game Controllers.

dayuuuum.
what!?!?!? man, these gamestops betta man up and have cube controllers on site....

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Actually, it is required for GC controllers, lol. So I'm sure they have some in a warehouse. You didn't hear that from me, btw. I know secrets that I shouldn't 'cuz I used to work there, lol.

Edit: Scar, think you wanna play this weekend?

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Meh. Any chance of some random smashfest before brawl? I kind of want to play it again before gamestop's tourney.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i kinda wanna kno when the next tourney is. cause spoc is awesome, i still like melee, and i need to know when to plan cot3, and if u dont choose a date first then im gonna pick my own lol. also, siggys probably stayin at my place weekend of april 5th, so whether that weekend is spoc6 or cot3, he will prob be there.

how is siggy nowadays spammer? i hear u play him a lot. i played him back in december i think and he was doing pretty good, and playing u now at rutgers should only make him better.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yoooo scarduzi ... i wanna go to spoctizzle lol ... i already told u this but i'm bored and i feel like posting here lol ... so yea ... =)

Alukard

Smash Hero
shut up jesus ... did u do ur shine exercises like i told u ... u better b ready for this tournament =)

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
how is siggy nowadays spammer? i hear u play him a lot. i played him back in december i think and he was doing pretty good, and playing u now at rutgers should only make him better.
He doesn't play me nearly enough for his sake. I beat his Peach with every character, one right after another one day :(.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
He doesn't play me nearly enough for his sake. I beat his Peach with every character, one right after another one day :(.
lol i knew u were way better than him, i was better than him when i played him and u sorta wreck me lol. but yea, i was more meaning has he gotten better, not how bad is he lol.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
lol i knew u were way better than him, i was better than him when i played him and u sorta wreck me lol. but yea, i was more meaning has he gotten better, not how bad is he lol.
It's kinda hard to tell if he's gotten better since I've only played him like 3 or so times this semester.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's kinda hard to tell if he's gotten better since I've only played him like 3 or so times this semester.
ooooh i thought u played him more than that. u gotta get him to start playing more smash lol. i think he said he mentioned me to u, were mad good friends. he was one of the ppl that got me into competitive melee

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
O.o? I'd be like playing Spam, every day if I could. *sigh* I really need more people to play. I learn from losses, rather than victories.....where as Chad is the exact opposite. Once you start getting victories on him....he just makes the same dumb mistakes over and over again. I've gotta like switch out and make mistakes with other characters so he can learn....it's a bit frustrating. Still, if I gotta do it, I gotta do it. I swear if I keep playing him, I'll end up having a Zelda....*sigh* either that, or I'll get my IC's back, xD.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
fawk, the 22nd?? why did u wait a tad longer till like april 5th? thats the day before easter. i mean i should be able to come, but itl be kinda hard being home for the holiday and what not. fawk

Top Bottom