• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
i know they changed marths fsmash ...from 1.0 to the later versions. kind of a shame when you dunno which version your playing on at first.
No, Marth's Fsmash has remained the exact same through all the Melee versions. The only changes made to Marth were done in the PAL version.

And if I want to use Zelda for "important" matches in Melee, I check the version with a quick disc eject which does not harm the game's session. Or I just stick with Peach/Sheik and forget about that whole mess.

pockyD

Smash Legend
bowser can only flame cancel in v1.0? i know they changed marths fsmash and samuses upB also from 1.0 to the later versions. kind of a shame when you dunno which version your playing on at first.
i think that the samus thing is part of an overall game engine change (involving hitstun and moves with no knockback or something like that - the same thing afflicting zelda i was mentioning)

but honestly since so few people are rolling with the japanese version (and by that i mean have it now, and will not eventually obtain the american version), i believe that if there are ANY gameplay differences that the japanese version should be banned in american tournaments for the sake of consistency if it's easy to tell the difference O_o

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea if theres changes by any means it should be US only. i just didnt think theyd change anything but this soon but i see where ur coming from. im gettin the jp version soon, but im also gettin the US version day 1.

ryoko - what changes were made to zelda? never heard of em. someone else told me marth was changed, but they musta been talkin about the pal switch.

im pretty sure the way samus' upB was change is that it doesnt really suck you into it anymore as much. its hard to describe. i think its easier to get out of in the later versions with DI or if your not right next to samus.

Scar

#HarveyDent
@ Chibo, yeah things don't suck you in as much in later versions of Melee such as Samus's upB and Zelda's usmash.

Also the only change to Marth was over to PAL, where his dair no longer spiked.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
@ Chibo, yeah things don't suck you in as much in later versions of Melee such as Samus's upB and Zelda's usmash.

Also the only change to Marth was over to PAL, where his dair no longer spiked.
it didnt? wow that sucks lol. i cant imagine marth not being able to spike
*thinks of brawl*
oh wait...
ok well he can, its just incredibly hard now lol. it makes me happy to think of marth being nerfed at all in any game he may appear in. fire emblem 12? yea hes nerfed

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
marth is FAAAR from what i would called nerfed...lolz. even sheik, only thing that seems nerfed about her is the kills off of her fair and uair and bair, and needles, i actually saw a snake nikita missle go through needles, i jumped up and gave everyone a hi five...no kidding...but either than that, sheik seems even FASTER than melee, her tilts, smashes, they seem to come out faster...is this a joke by sakurai? does he not know how to nerf things?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
marth is FAAAR from what i would called nerfed...lolz. even sheik, only thing that seems nerfed about her is the kills off of her fair and uair and bair, and needles, i actually saw a snake nikita missle go through needles, i jumped up and gave everyone a hi five...no kidding...but either than that, sheik seems even FASTER than melee, her tilts, smashes, they seem to come out faster...is this a joke by sakurai? does he not know how to nerf things?
Yes! Someone else realizes that Sheik was not nerfed!

Eggm

Smash Hero
I like sheik in brawl, have since day 1, her and pikachu and peach are the only characters I can stand playing at this point. Btw, none of yall know anything anything about trebles snake.. god ****..

Edit : I still hate brawl. I play it simply because scar's not next to me playing me in melee. xD

Scar

#HarveyDent
Btw, none of yall know anything anything about trebles snake.. god ****..

Edit : I still hate brawl. I play it simply because scar's not next to me playing me in melee. xD
LMAO. Also, MM Treble vs Chocobo in Snake dittos.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Yo....I was looking through my tape last night, and I saw......utter **** like only M2K could do. It was against a Green Fox. I've never gotten so shocked I've been upset before. O.o. It frightened me, shocked me, made me laugh, and made me angry all at once. Shakugan just hung up on me because I couldn't get a grip on myself, lol. BTW, Eggm, I've got footage of YOU. If you want, I'll see if I can get someone to capture all of the Egg-like goodness. Also....was that you playing a Red Yoshi? 3-stocked a Marth, LOL. SPOC4 had some epic matches and I got them ^_^.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Spam knows whats up. However, if I was previously playing teams or something I might have accidently stayed red yoshi.. Anyways, you can put my matches up if you want. I"d like to see em. :)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Yeah, I knew that Eggm played Pink Yoshi, it's just that....outside of Moo, (who plays a green Yoshi) I'm not sure who else plays Yoshi THAT well. Unless that was just M2K being....well M2K. I mean.....jeebus a Yoshi 3-stocking a Marth isn't something you see everyday, lol. At any rate, I'll have to get together with someone to look at this. Magus, if you're up for it, just let me know. I only live about 45-60 minutes away. Then you can look at all your awesome Gannon matches. Eggm, most of your matches were pools. I think I might have a few you vs. M2K friendlies. I THINK, lol.

Cia

das kwl
brawl peach is good, but marth counters her EVEN HARDER in brawl <_<

DeDeDe ***** all.. and anyone who's confident should money match Leo. he's doing money matches as high as $100.00 and he's undefeated..

Velocity

Smash Lord
brawl peach is good, but marth counters her EVEN HARDER in brawl <_<

DeDeDe ***** all.. and anyone who's confident should money match Leo. he's doing money matches as high as $100.00 and he's undefeated..
who the **** is leo? I'll MM him, does he use DeDeDe?

Alukard

Smash Hero
EGGM drive me to the tunes biweekly ... PLZ!!!! ^_^ ... me and dionis promise we will win doubles ^_-

Cia

das kwl
yeah, he won $50.00 from it. Leo's effing good.

Velocity - you should money match him for $100.00 .. than you'll know who the **** leo is ^_^

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Scar, and/or Eggm. I need to get together with you so I can play Brawl. Gamestop is hosting a tourney and surprisingly it's 1 on 1. The prize is outrageous, so I wanna ensure that I don't end up getting ***** by some random person. >_> I played brawl for like 2 seconds when I was at SPOC 4. I want that 5,000. I care not for the plasma, and I already have a Wii, although the game library might be nice. *snickers* I should learn DeDeDe.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Scar, and/or Eggm. I need to get together with you so I can play Brawl. Gamestop is hosting a tourney and surprisingly it's 1 on 1. The prize is outrageous, so I wanna ensure that I don't end up getting ***** by some random person. >_> I played brawl for like 2 seconds when I was at SPOC 4. I want that 5,000. I care not for the plasma, and I already have a Wii, although the game library might be nice. *snickers* I should learn DeDeDe.
im almost sure that giant prize is for the final gamestop tourney. theres like 4 rounds. first is in every store, then district, regional, then national.

i have a feeling secret characters wont be in the gamestop tourney atleast at the beginning... all my good characters are secret. time to break out wario!

Top Bottom