• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

Cless

Smash Champion
You know what's also great and not based on eroge, light novels, and computer games? ****ing giant robots. Watch something with some chest hair once in a while.

Anyway, keep it melee for the time being. Let Brawl develop at least before we start holding local tourneys for it.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Stop ruining the hilarious factor LOL

I thought this was SOOOOO funny when I first saw it >_<

Who cares if there is a specific way you have to do it to hit that ******** D-smash.

TOON LINK CAN 0-DEATH

In other words 0-10 which is the same thing.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbFnHBI-kts&feature=related

LOL >_> <_<

Its almost as ridiculous as Marth's grab range LOL
0_0....

ewwww, what kind of gimp was that!?!?!?!?!?!? what kind of DI do you have to use to make that happen? god, that was wierd as hell...i kind of wanna play toon link now, loooooool.:laugh:

and marth's grab range is normal, i feel if i wielded a sword in real life, i deserve to magically have a length in grab, dont you?

Cia

das kwl
NO!! marth's grab range is just rude. if you're gonna give a character a sword, you should AT LEAST give them ness grab range and young link lag after grab.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't know if hosting both games in full is possible in a single day. In fact, without a large amount of set-ups akin to a major, it's not even possible.

Perhaps mixing it up like singles for one game and teams for the other on alternating tournaments would be a decent idea?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I find Brawl teams to be far better. It allows for much better combos due to teamwork and takes away a lot of the turtling you have to abuse in order to win in singles.

Scar

#HarveyDent
If people want to bring Brawl setups and hold a side tournament that's fine by me, but I don't feel that I can get enough setups to properly hold a Brawl tournament at this time. And at SPOC, we do things proper.

If there are enough setups then you guys can do Brawl teams, but remember that Melee comes first on account of time constraints. Melee is running two double-elimination brackets and one Round Robin. Brawl matches can occur between Melee events, since you'll have the full day to do one tournament.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
If people want to bring Brawl setups and hold a side tournament that's fine by me, but I don't feel that I can get enough setups to properly hold a Brawl tournament at this time. And at SPOC, we do things proper.

If there are enough setups then you guys can do Brawl teams, but remember that Melee comes first on account of time constraints. Melee is running two double-elimination brackets and one Round Robin. Brawl matches can occur between Melee events, since you'll have the full day to do one tournament.
:( I glossed over this post and saw "Robin" so I thought it said something along the lines of "we all go to Red Robin at the end" but then I saw it just said Round Robin. Also, I really hope by "round robin event" you mean pools because there's no way in hell you're going to finish a round robin for singles in Melee with the number of people that turn up :laugh:

Scar

#HarveyDent
:( I glossed over this post and saw "Robin" so I thought it said something along the lines of "we all go to Red Robin at the end" but then I saw it just said Round Robin. Also, I really hope by "round robin event" you mean pools because there's no way in hell you're going to finish a round robin for singles in Melee with the number of people that turn up :laugh:
Spam you know what I actually was thinking about abandoning the format of every previous Smashpocalypse including what's said in the first post and actually do a round robin of everyone that shows up.

I'm sorry if that confused anyone who thought that I actually was going to do the same exact thing as I always do, pools of roughly the amount of people divided by TVs, also known as a round robin.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Xzax can be in charge of the brawl tourny :D scar you know im the right man for this job. i love brawl, and i want to play brawl. and this could help me start hosting tounraments

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its good to keep the melee tourney scene alive and scar with spoc is perfect for that. if ur gonna do melee, do it right as i see ur doing. i doubt a brawl side tourney would work well since wed have only one brawl setup, or two tops, so we dont take tvs away from melee. however if ppl really want a brawl side tourney, il run it.

however for those looking for a brawl centric tourney, CoT3 will most likely be the weekend before or after of SPOC5, and brawl will be in full force there.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
After Brawl is released, I'll bring my Wii and Brawl in order to have a tournament for it. As long as we have enough TVs for at least teams.

pockyD

Smash Legend
why would they be invalid?
il be buying a us copy anyway day 1 but jw
if there are game differences like PAL/NTSC (or to a MUCH lesser extent, 1.0/1.2), you can't run a tournament where different matches will be played on different versions

...or can you?

no, probably not

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if there are game differences like PAL/NTSC (or to a MUCH lesser extent, 1.0/1.2), you can't run a tournament where different matches will be played on different versions

...or can you?

no, probably not
yea pal/ntsc differences are huge, as they run in different fps. however the us and jp versions will basically be the exact same. the only differences if any will be like US melee v 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 and tourneys are ran with all 3 versions with no one knowing which version it is before hand.

pockyD

Smash Legend
but there's flaaaame canceling

if bowser didn't suck donkey balls aside from that, it would be a bigger issue

and ryoko already thinks it's a big issue with zelda smashes :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
bowser can only flame cancel in v1.0? i know they changed marths fsmash and samuses upB also from 1.0 to the later versions. kind of a shame when you dunno which version your playing on at first.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Man, I thought I was gonna end up missing the next one, but looks like I'll find a way to go now.

I miss WoZ. <3
OH GIRL!!! SPOC5 just became the next best thing. WoZ + Wesley ( + Pittsburgh??) = awesome.

Actually Wes don't worry about Pittsburgh, you should just come Thursday night and hang out until like Monday. LOL. But seriously.

Top Bottom