• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

Alukard

Smash Hero
Alright sure that's kind of messed up but you could easily just reset lol.

I don't know if it's that serious as to say it shows someone's "true colors."

People act differently inside and outside of smash, and money is money.

I don't see why people are catching so many feelings though.
no i'm talking about the part where u let him counter pick ... but then he doesn't let u ...

i mean no offense but u know NOTHING about jesus ... and its been like this for stuff outside of smash as well which is why i still hold myself true to saying that ... vanz hax can definitely agree ... cuz we've known him for years now ... i think even dj can agree

White_Mike

Smash Lord
no i'm talking about the part where u let him counter pick ... but then he doesn't let u ...

i mean no offense but u know NOTHING about jesus ... and its been like this for stuff outside of smash as well which is why i still hold myself true to saying that ... vanz hax can definitely agree ... cuz we've known him for years now ... i think even dj can agree
Yeah I've heard a lot from Zro too and I do know nothing so I guess you're right.

But then again I hear **** about DJ , Vanz, and Hax too so the whole melee community could just be **** talkers...that's why I don't really take what I hear seriously but I really don't know him that well to try and defend him.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Speaking of CPs.......

I thought the SPOC ruleset was actually quite interesting. I think adding the CP stages wouldn't hurt but regardless I thought it was a fun (sorta lengthy lawl) idea.

I think we should try this ruleset with counterpicks but I mean that as an opinion. I don't feel like arguing with half of atl north right now :laugh:

Alukard

Smash Hero
Yeah I've heard a lot from Zro too and I do know nothing so I guess you're right.

But then again I hear **** about DJ , Vanz, and Hax too so the whole melee community could just be **** talkers...that's why I don't really take what I hear seriously but I really don't know him that well to try and defend him.
nah i love jesus ... i just see that he will do w.e it takes for the money i mean its cool i respect it but i see the truth is wat i meant by that ... not that i hate him and he has to be careful lolol

i'm just saying he's about the moolah for w.e he does and thats a great mindset ...but he has to remember others around him is all lololol

thats my little brother yo

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo scar ... i'm mad sad u ran to put up ur set with hax vs tag and jesus but nothing else for maddd long ... no ****ing work johns either cuz i could have put all that **** on my ipod while i was there or sumthing ... sheesh ... next time i swear u gotta pass the files over to someone else loololol ... u ****ing blow at putting matches up ...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well brian give him time and everything will be ok.

good stuff to everyone

vanz + tec0 at saffron you gotta ****:)

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Its not about time. Scar told me he hates putting matches up since they're mad annoying and time consuming. He says the only reason he records matches is because pretty much no one else does. Its gay because he has footage of me I need for my combo video =(

White_Mike

Smash Lord
wuuut?

plz eborate.
Lots of people in this community talk ****, all I gotta say.

I don't take it seriously and love you though, you're so nice! You do get tight when you lose though, or you used to anyways.

But outside of smash like the bus ride and white castle after ROM were great and experiences like that make me discount **** talk.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I totally forgot that SPOC was the first tournament for the Melee rankings. I actually would've gave a sh*t and placed high or win if I remembered lol.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i forgot ... but i tried to win ... but i suck at singles ... yay for repping that doubles =P

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
btw i put the points as the results showed idc if u split play it out so that it can be accurate so from my understanding no matter what jman got 1st and tuar 2nd.

Just Sexed

Smash Ace

I don't take it seriously and love you though, you're so nice! You do get tight when you lose though, or you used to anyways.

But outside of smash like the bus ride and white castle after ROM were great and experiences like that make me discount **** talk.
VaNz called me a C-stick ***** once :[

TheLake

Smash Master
haha vanz is a cool mother ****er

and l will get at hax's shirt allright! MOTHER ****ER IS MINE!

And every smasher is secretly an ******* ^_^ Buts all good cause i love everyone and i love kicking you all wiht zelda even more <3

I missed my counter picks but stage striking was beast. I like how unique the tourney experience was as a whole. Kept me on ma toes (Haha see what i did there?)

Scar

#HarveyDent
I think things ran relatively smoothly with the new set of rules. However, I believe that this set of rules could cause players to under-perform and make poor strategic decisions in tournaments outside of this region (unless more TOs adopt this strategy). These are only my opinions and I trust your judgment.
yeah truth, that sucks

but yeah i think the characters that can't survive without the CP stages ULTIMATELY can't survive with them bc of the nature of the CP process (1/3 of the set at most)

But you never define what out of proportion is, or why that's a good standard to have, or what the benefit removing the strategy of in terms of stage selection is.
it's really hard to define anything and i think we can all appreciate that

but we HAVE on a billion occasions pointed out what the benefit of removing cp stages is, and we have attempted to discredit that picking mute city as a peach player or pokefloats as a fox player is a strategic action, it's not strategy it's obvious as ****

if a falcon player picked mute city and had some crazy strat that gave him an advantage i'd be like oh **** strategy

but foxes vs ICs saying like rainbow cruise isn't in my mind something that is strategic so much as just ********

yeah the sooner you learn to not listen to any of it and use your own experience to decide what you think about people the better lol

Had you been on the winning end of the argument, your idea wouldn't have gotten crushed in the poll. Don't discuss anything else MBR in the open public. Save it for your MBR peers or other close friends that can keep their mouths shut.
mow that's 100% bull**** and you know it, everyone went INTO the discussion with their own ideas and everyone came OUT OF the discussion with their own ideas

which is why like 15 people voted and it was the exact same vote as what it was before

if you had made an attempt to make it an organized debate over something constructive maybe we would have gotten somewhere

getting "crushed" in THAT particular poll really has no relevance whatsoever to what an educated group of people would have taken away from a real discussion on the matter

Eggm

Smash Hero
I liked the spoc rules except that you could go back to the stage you won on in r1 on r3. That's too broken.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I liked the spoc rules except that you could go back to the stage you won on in r1 on r3. That's too broken.
How so? Round 1 is played on a stage that the 2 players eliminate to. Since both players have equal say in what stages NOT to play on (read: NOT RANDOM), the stage selection has to be treated as no inherent advantage to either player. So if player 1 wins round one on that stage, it is player 2's fault for not striking the stage. Therefore Player 1 should be allowed to counterpick whatever he wants round 3, because any inherent advantage he got in Round1 because of stage is negligible because both players picked it.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I didn't think it was bad, but after going to the tournament and seeing that happen like everytime, it felt kinda broken. I felt like I won teams matches just because of that a few times. It didn't feel fair to the people I was beating.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I didn't think it was bad, but after going to the tournament and seeing that happen like everytime, it felt kinda broken. I felt like I won teams matches just because of that a few times. It didn't feel fair to the people I was beating.
You do get a ban before counterpicks. If they really didn't want to play there they could have banned it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah you can ban that stage plus the stage striking is no joke, you don't just strike like a tard you have to do it strategically, that's REAL strategy involved because if you don't get it down to a stage you are comfortable on you're liable to play on it more than once

not like strategy in i'm playing vs peach jiggs i should ban brinstar

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
so many ppl at the tourney were like wtf is stage striking, agree on xxxx stage?
and some ppl just blatently didnt follow rules since they didnt kno about em

ppl are idiots for real

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
so many ppl at the tourney were like wtf is stage striking, agree on xxxx stage?

ppl are idiots for real
Fyi, please don't talk as if you aren't one. Just because people don't go on this stupid thread doesn't mean they are dumb. The rules should be explained to everyone at the tournament.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
You do get a ban before counterpicks. If they really didn't want to play there they could have banned it.
But we're playing double Fox and have to strike Stadium, and then they take us back to FD where they won game won, and they technically chose to play on that stage because we had port priority and had to go first, so they chose between FD over battlefield.

Dumb.

Suspect

Smash Hero
What happen to the rule where you cant go back to a stage you won on unless the opponent agrees?

oh wait must be brawl only

pockyD

Smash Legend
But we're playing double Fox and have to strike Stadium, and then they take us back to FD where they won game won, and they technically chose to play on that stage because we had port priority and had to go first, so they chose between FD over battlefield.

Dumb.
if it's the stage used for game 1, it should either theoretically be their 4th best stage in the matchup, or you failed to stage strike properly

in either case, you should either have a very good chance of winning there, or you had no chance all along from the start of the set

edit: also, according to the rules, DSR is still in effect for Bo3's

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

ppl are idiots for real
I still didn't really get it from the start but I made sure I asked to get it right. I do get it now. Like I said, I just messed up once when I was playing a marth and was already just striking things I don't like, and forgot yoshi's. (but the second time I remembered to ban it lol)

;]

D

Deleted member

mow that's 100% bull**** and you know it, everyone went INTO the discussion with their own ideas and everyone came OUT OF the discussion with their own ideas

which is why like 15 people voted and it was the exact same vote as what it was before

if you had made an attempt to make it an organized debate over something constructive maybe we would have gotten somewhere

getting "crushed" in THAT particular poll really has no relevance whatsoever to what an educated group of people would have taken away from a real discussion on the matter
all that tells me is that you failed to convince them. why is it my responsibility to make it an organized debate?

Don't dismiss your peers because only some of them bought your idea. That's below you.

Alukard

Smash Hero
lol. 10characters.

who cares about the rules anymore its over. rom2 coming up!!!!! cps all day.
LOLOLOL

i actually like the way this was ... but the only reason i dont just change the rules is that people already bought their plane tix to rom2 with wat i had originally posted ...

also i didn't like that most of my sets were on two stages =\

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOLOLOL

i actually like the way this was ... but the only reason i dont just change the rules is that people already bought their plane tix to rom2 with wat i had originally posted ...

also i didn't like that most of my sets were on two stages =\
LOL

I played over half of all my games on BF and FD :laugh:

Top Bottom