• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
T______T

I don't think anyone has ever agreed to it. But with all these other rules going on maybe they won't even think it's not banned. Heh heh. Excellent.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I've always hated the extra pressure of KNOWING before a match even starts vs a good peach/jiggs player that I HAVE to win r1 and r3 to win the set. <_<

MaNg0

Smash Hero
yeah and also playing puff back then was gay

i would lose the first match against a fox and i would no

that im going 2 green greens or something

U GOT THIS SCAR

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm a doc and it doesn't really matter to me I'll just have to ADJUST. I can't wait till spoc. : D

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
basically i agree with what scar is saying, neutrals only is amazing and i wish more tournaments would do it!! I don't feel like restating all the reasons but I agree with them. good luck with this, and I hope it has an influence for more tournaments to use this stage list.

why would kj64 be banned for dubs? if anything roomier stages are better for dubs IMO. get rid of YS if you need to get it down to 5, that stage sucks in teams ^_^

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol cmon swift don't you know me yet

i can promise you screaming, profanity, and lots of idle threats of physical violence

Alukard

Smash Hero
honestly not a fan of DK64 but it could be worse

Im expecting a TO speech at the beginning of this stating the rules etc.
QFT

i missed the last funny speech ... i really really missed the last two spocs ... can u believe that **** !!!!

but i'm coming PA and ur going to wish i didn't!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I might have a pre-spoc smashfest at my house on Friday night. I think NY people should come so they can stay the night and won't be ridiculously late.

Scar

#HarveyDent
pakman team richmond might need housing too, that'll prob be a full car (5 people)

tope, cyrain, maybe doll??? and others

anyways good **** mango do it @ mango juice i'll go if u do

Eggm

Smash Hero
Wtf is a dso melee?

Edit : As long as the tv is bright enough I see no problem or reason why DK 64 shouldn't be a neutral in the first place.

Edit : I think I like this rule set so much I"m using it at my tournament tomorrow.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
ok well i didnt watch your armada vs lunin example but apparently chibosempai pointed out what i'm about to point out

armada is probably the best player in the world right now besides mango

lunin is a good fox player... but sry WC i don't think he's going to be winning pound 4 or anything

so why does one of the best players have to BARELY beat someone that otherwise he should just totally garbage assrape
Armada won R1 2 stock mid %. Not exactly "totally garbage assrape."

it's not that you can't win on cp stages and it doesn't even matter that they're random, it just takes away from the spirit of the game
I can say Jiggs, Sheik, and Peach take away from the spirit of the game because you have to camp them if you want to win.

being able to not get hit and laser for 90% because the stage is big and moves around changes the dynamic of melee, round 1 stuff like that never happens so why should it be allowed to happen in rounds 2 and 3?
If I main Pichu and go double blind, the other person can't cp me with Sheik if they only use Sheik as an alt. Why should they get to be able to cp a character in R2 and R3 that 100% completely changes the way I have to play even if they are garbage I should be able to completely massacre? For that matter, most CGs make you change how you play. Why is FD, the stage that makes them inescapable except by DIing off the stage(which leads to inescapable edgeguards in many cases) not banned? The whole game turns into "don't get grabbed" if the other person can CG you.

This game is imbalanced. It'd be no fun if the whole game was dittos on one stage to ensure that the gameplay is even. Exploiting the imbalance, which will always exist unless all stages and characters except one each are banned, is what makes it fun.

zzzzzzzzzzzz
w/e, I'm done with this argument. Not like it matters since I'll totally garbage assrape you any stage neutral, cp, or banned cuz you blow.

EDIT: Side note - Vidjo did better against me on Poke Floats than on Battlefield. Just throwing that out there

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, that way I could sorta see what stage I wouldn't like to be on with that character, and same for the other person. Like, I'd strike off FD for captain falcon, and then maybe I'd strike Dream Land just because I'm not feeling like getting wind in my face and stuff. :]

GOTM

Smash Champion
lol spam your funny but your arguments really dont make sense. you usually just pick like one example of something and base your whole argument on it.

you blow. and so does scar.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
lol spam your funny but your arguments really dont make sense. you usually just pick like one example of something and base your whole argument on it.
I hear this a lot :|. I've never seen a point in getting more examples to back up an argument anyone who is reasonably intelligent can see more examples exist(example: roy, ness, [insert garbage character here] can also be cped and get *****)

you blow. and so does scar.

GOTM

Smash Champion
yeah i mean thats true in a way too but if your arguing over the boards (look at the people on here, lol) take the time to type it out, lol

and if its not worth the time it probably aint worth it to begin with, hhaa

Eggm

Smash Hero

Armada won R1 2 stock mid %. Not exactly "totally garbage assrape."

I can say Jiggs, Sheik, and Peach take away from the spirit of the game because you have to camp them if you want to win.

If I main Pichu and go double blind, the other person can't cp me with Sheik if they only use Sheik as an alt. Why should they get to be able to cp a character in R2 and R3 that 100% completely changes the way I have to play even if they are garbage I should be able to completely massacre? For that matter, most CGs make you change how you play. Why is FD, the stage that makes them inescapable except by DIing off the stage(which leads to inescapable edgeguards in many cases) not banned? The whole game turns into "don't get grabbed" if the other person can CG you.

This game is imbalanced. It'd be no fun if the whole game was dittos on one stage to ensure that the gameplay is even. Exploiting the imbalance, which will always exist unless all stages and characters except one each are banned, is what makes it fun.

w/e, I'm done with this argument. Not like it matters since I'll totally garbage assrape you any stage neutral, cp, or banned cuz you blow.

EDIT: Side note - Vidjo did better against me on Poke Floats than on Battlefield. Just throwing that out there

I would call 2 stocked at mid % assrape when its peach vs fox.

Jiggs does take away from the spirit of the game but why give the chance to take ALL of your soul and spirit by facing her on brinstar or mute city. <_<

The next paragraph started with pichu so I didn't even read it.

Imbalance can still be fun without having to pick gay stages to win.

Vidjo blows.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Counterpick stages are not random. They are unconventional, but predictable. In fact I could argue that the changes on poke stadium are more random then the progression of floats on pokefloats.

Regardless, these are going to be the rules. I don't like them either but it is not enough to make me not want to go to Smashpocalypse. So stop whining.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Oh yah lol, that baby's been watching too much street fighter. I thought it was a kamehamehameha at first. xD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Which probaly means you were watching too much Dbz. lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
Counterpick stages are not random. They are unconventional, but predictable. In fact I could argue that the changes on poke stadium are more random then the progression of floats on pokefloats.

Regardless, these are going to be the rules. I don't like them either but it is not enough to make me not want to go to Smashpocalypse. So stop whining.

i agree with this whole post ... especially hadoken the young ...!!!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I thought kanehamea as well lol
wha!?!?!?!?!?

Ka
Me
Ha
Me
Ha

it's pretty simple.

and, w/e, they're the same hand motion, so the only way you could differentiate is to lipread the dude while he's doing it and I'm not gonna do that, so I'll trust that it's a hadoken, but it's fine to think it's a kamehameha if you're lazy like me.

Top Bottom