• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Tink

Smash Hero
Originally Posted by Ratamus
Yo so Me and Tink want to host another one in 2 weeks, as 1 tournament a month is not enough.

I was thinking we could do it at my place. Like in the garage/basement especially if the weather is nice. Throw back to smashing at Damien's place. (Downside is it would have to cap around 30-40 people.)

or we could just do it at Dupage. It really depends on what you guys want.

What do you'all think?

thisssssssssssssssssssssssss

username12345678

Smash Apprentice
Originally Posted by Ratamus
Yo so Me and Tink want to host another one in 2 weeks, as 1 tournament a month is not enough.

I was thinking we could do it at my place. Like in the garage/basement especially if the weather is nice. Throw back to smashing at Damien's place. (Downside is it would have to cap around 30-40 people.)

or we could just do it at Dupage. It really depends on what you guys want.

What do you'all think?

thisssssssssssssssssssssssss
id rather have it at rat's but thats just because its closer to where im at :urg:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The only issue with the date is i am working the entire weekend so yeah... might be able to show up for singles though.

ORLY

Smash Master
Lol according to Oro his character is always better than mine

But he has been beating me recently so what's up wit dat

Rat

Smash Lord
Yo so Me and Tink will be hosting the next tournament at Dupage - on the 21st.
I haven't confirmed with this with wayne yet, but I'm pretty sure he's ok with it.

I'm going to make a thread about it. So expect that shortly.

Anyways, I'm going to run this one a little differently. (Tink you can veto this idea.)
Considering that this is tournament is on short notice and the lack of teams at the previous smashing grounds - Instead of teams I will be running a special tournament:

Rat's Incredibly Ridiculous FFA Super HD Rumble Turbo Remix: The Movie: The Game: The Movie: Part 2
This is an entirely silly FFA tournament. I don't have all the rules down pat but here's the general outline of the tournament.

Normal Rounds with be:
Stock FFA with Items. (# of stocks, stages, and items tbd)
Winning is about getting points so the tournament will be run: Swiss

Points will be given based on when you got knocked out (1st, 2nd, etc.), Kills, and possibly completing achievements.

After a few normal rounds there will be a bonus round:
Bonus rounds are extra ridiculous competitions for you to score points.
These will be drawn randomly from a hat (except for the last one. That one is a surprise.)

Few examples:
The Ultimate Challenge (3v1 teams. team attack off. Points for killing.)
King for a day (FFA, Handicap - 1 person is at 9. Everyone else is at 3. Massive Points for killing the king.)
Don't Sleep (2 Stock FFA, FD, everyone is jigglypuff.)
Super Giant Mode (Giant mode with Mushrooms)
etc.

There will probably be super bonus points given at the end for stuff like Best Combo, Most Captain Falcon, Top Speed, etc.

Anyways, the exact details are being worked out. So I'm more than open to suggestions. Also The entry fee with probably be about $5.

I'll repost here when the thread is up.

ORLY

Smash Master
I will be The Enforcer of FFA's.

If anyone camps or tries their best to avoid conflict, I will be hunting you down like the rat ******* you are.

Putting together an FFA bracket will be interesting.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Swiss has perfect synergy for FFA. Rat have you already made the new thread for ur tourney? If not, i can change the title on this one for you, just let me know what you want the subname to be

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Lol whats going on in here these days? Is this FFA tourney for real?

Who's gonna be hosting tourneys this summer? I'm booked through mid June or so, but then I gotta start making it back down there.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Smashing grounds will be running on bi- or tri- weeklies during the summer (ideally bi-weeklies, but i am expecting some date interference so i'm remaining flexable)

ORLY

Smash Master
Do jumping MK to crouching FP qcb LK heavy shoryuken

Akuma 101 combo right there

When you get fancy, EX cancel it into a hcb LP

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
And then heavy shoryuken after that

actually, ive been working on basically that exact combo :p Hopefully i can pull off some good moves come time to play.

Scythe

Smash Master
I will be The Enforcer of FFA's.

If anyone camps or tries their best to avoid conflict, I will be hunting you down like the rat ******* you are.

Putting together an FFA bracket will be interesting.
there goes my strat

ORLY

Smash Master
Lol I'll be happy to play you in these obscure match ups

You don't have to put money on it

Top Bottom