• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT (London) OCT 27th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA

Smash Hero
you need to man up imo. lol

and r u going to fuzz on the friday before the tourn?
nopes, im staying in reading at my brothers and will be at craigs for smash the night before :)

BTW if you think you can play Y.Link, you need to see mine. Before I went to TNJ2 (my first tourney) I was going to main him lol. You do play Y.Link right?

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
nopes, im staying in reading at my brothers and will be at craigs for smash the night before :)

BTW if you think you can play Y.Link, you need to see mine. Before I went to TNJ2 (my first tourney) I was going to main him lol. You do play Y.Link right?
yep i use him..that sounds like ylink ditto mm talk to me

Retroking2000

Smash Master
SINCE I AM A NICE PERSON
and want everyone to have great matches for smashGT
I will help people on their DI

you can only achieve 98-99% of a characters DI with the control stick, but adding in the C-stick improves the DI by 1-2% .. TRUE FACTS SON

The only times using the c-stick for DI is at all useful is when you either intend to ASDI in a direction that is different from the direction you want to use for the DI with the analog stick (the DI that changes the angle of knockback) or to ensure a specific ASDI when attempting to SDI with the analog to escape something, since you ASDI in the direction you hold on the analog just the same as you would with the c-stick only the c-stick direction when held will take priority over the direction of the analog when both are used.

Like if you get u-smashed by Fox and you hold away on the analog and down on the c-stick you might live 1% longer on occasion (2% might be possible with really weak attacks on high ceilings) than just away on the analog since you'll instead ASDI down, which is in the opposite direction of the blast zone, as opposed to ASDIing away which is parallel to it.

If you get d-aired by Fox and hold away on the c-stick you can get the same effect of the ASDI on each hit as if you held away on the analog, but also be able to attempt SDIs to further move you away with the analog without missing any ASDIs on the hits like you would by just mashing away only using the analog trying to SDI.

Another use is to use the analog to get the angle of knockback as close to something you want to be hit into, and also use the c-stick to ASDI directly towards the surface (again, if they both happen to be the same direction it won't do anything different since you'll get ASDI from the analog anyway if you are holding it). So if you're on the ground while in lag about to be hit by Marth's f-smash and you want to hit the floor with your ASDI to tech off it directly out of the hit, you would DI on the analog to change the angle as low to the floor as possible (down&away in this case) while also holding straight down on the c-stick (directly towards the surface) to override the down&away ASDI from the analog, and by combining the 2 you'll be able to hit the surface to tech off of at higher damages than by just down&away for the angle and ASDI from the analog.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Edwin can you stfu for once? im getting the adress today, i'll post it when im home in the evening

Also anyone who comes by car it would be nice if you could bring an extra t.v

Mr P

Smash Ace
SINCE I AM A NICE PERSON

you can only achieve 98-99% of a characters DI with the control stick, but adding in the C-stick improves the DI by 1-2% .. TRUE FACTS SON

The only times using the c-stick for DI is at all useful is when you either intend to ASDI in a direction that is different from the direction you want to use for the DI with the analog stick (the DI that changes the angle of knockback) or to ensure a specific ASDI when attempting to SDI with the analog to escape something, since you ASDI in the direction you hold on the analog just the same as you would with the c-stick only the c-stick direction when held will take priority over the direction of the analog when both are used.

Like if you get u-smashed by Fox and you hold away on the analog and down on the c-stick you might live 1% longer on occasion (2% might be possible with really weak attacks on high ceilings) than just away on the analog since you'll instead ASDI down, which is in the opposite direction of the blast zone, as opposed to ASDIing away which is parallel to it.

If you get d-aired by Fox and hold away on the c-stick you can get the same effect of the ASDI on each hit as if you held away on the analog, but also be able to attempt SDIs to further move you away with the analog without missing any ASDIs on the hits like you would by just mashing away only using the analog trying to SDI.

Another use is to use the analog to get the angle of knockback as close to something you want to be hit into, and also use the c-stick to ASDI directly towards the surface (again, if they both happen to be the same direction it won't do anything different since you'll get ASDI from the analog anyway if you are holding it). So if you're on the ground while in lag about to be hit by Marth's f-smash and you want to hit the floor with your ASDI to tech off it directly out of the hit, you would DI on the analog to change the angle as low to the floor as possible (down&away in this case) while also holding straight down on the c-stick (directly towards the surface) to override the down&away ASDI from the analog, and by combining the 2 you'll be able to hit the surface to tech off of at higher damages than by just down&away for the angle and ASDI from the analog.
This is not a display of someones ego and is in no way representative of London smashers as a whole ?!... oh wait...

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
SINCE I AM A NICE PERSON

You might also wanna add that C-Stick doesnt affect your DI while you're airborne. Otherwise its just a waist of mind usage... And if you want to get technical the extra mind usage will result in a higher probability of missing your chance at 'smash' DI by an extra 50% or more (depending on your practise).

Retroking2000

Smash Master
You might also wanna add that C-Stick doesnt affect your DI while you're airborne. Otherwise its just a waist of mind usage... And if you want to get technical the extra mind usage will result in a higher probability of missing your chance at 'smash' DI by an extra 50% or more (depending on your practise).
practice makes perfect .. but yeah i agree with you it would just be a waist of thumb energy

OH BTW kman has quit smash he is not going smashGT :( sad day for londoners ,

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lol..just sort out the rest of pools on the day..anyway good news

POST CODE
IG5 O5X (should be)

Tip Tree Communial Hall

(go past Kelvedon Lodge, youll see Costcutters, take the first left then first left again..the roads are practically next to eachother so its like a 270º turn)

it should be like on the clayhall avenue

Retroking2000

Smash Master
lol..just sort out the rest of pools on the day..anyway good news

POST CODE
IG5 O5X (should be)

Tip Tree Communial Hall

(go past Kelvedon Lodge, youll see Costcutters, take the first left then first left again..the roads are practically next to eachother so its like a 270º turn)

it should be like on the clayhall avenue

why did you post it here and not in the first post

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
practice makes perfect .. but yeah i agree with you it would just be a waist of thumb energy

OH BTW kman has quit smash he is not going smashGT :( sad day for londoners ,
:o wtf? no ways! :(

ah man well if anyone knows him properly, tell him he'll be missed lol

and i imagine Professor pro will have a field day with that too... but in a nice way of course lol

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
sad day for londoners indeed

i guess that means synapse and el nino wont be around to..

chris H

Smash Journeyman
Tip Tree Communial Hall

270º wtf we r not going to bring a compass smashGT

Kman25

Smash Ace
I quit because I simply don't have the time to attend fests or tournies since Uni takes up all my time. I don't want Nino and Synapse to quit because of me so I will see what I can do about them.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
I quit because I simply don't have the time to attend fests or tournies since Uni takes up all my time. I don't want Nino and Synapse to quit because of me so I will see what I can do about them.

I dont think that their is nothing you can do ~ kman you are the one that takes them and looks after the mario broz .. but i think you should go to smash GT just for their sake ;) they still love the game and in sense you are forcing them to quit ...

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
Kman-man, that doesn't mean you have to quit... I'm at Exeter Uni and so attend 0 smashfests, play 0 other people and occasionally practice in training mode - that just means I can't play much atm because of circumstances, not that I've quit. All you do is a bit of extra work on Friday/Sunday and go SmashGT on the Saturday. Or if you are certain your quiting at least make SmashGT, a proper tourney and first London 1 your last. ?

Anyway :)

VA

Smash Hero
Kman-man, that doesn't mean you have to quit... I'm at Exeter Uni and so attend 0 smashfests, play 0 other people and occasionally practice in training mode - that just means I can't play much atm because of circumstances, not that I've quit. All you do is a bit of extra work on Friday/Sunday and go SmashGT on the Saturday. Or if you are certain your quiting at least make SmashGT, a proper tourney and first London 1 your last. ?

Broze, wtf. You are the nearest smasher to me in the country :S

I am the furthest south smasher and am in dire need of some competition closer to home. I live in Totnes (two stops away, 30 mins on the train) which is well close to Exeter. What the hell are you doing? Get yourself over here for some pre-GT smashing.

msn: leevschloe@hotmail.com

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Was on my way home today, getting the usual bus that drops me outside my house. Just rolling along and I hear *BAM* some kid just tried to belt a rock at the window. Shatterproof glass FTW I guess. My initial reaction was "wtf?" and everyone else's was "omg."

I jumped off the bus and went to pursue those kids. In a loud booming voice that shook the heavens. "OY." Where is <pre-censored rant>. Obviously, the kid had run away leaving his little rowdy friends to back him, said it wasn't them who did it etc. etc. The moral of this story is that the streets of London are tough. If any children confront you, kick them in the balls pl0x.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
kids thought you were gonna grab tip them

Kman25

Smash Ace

Hmmmm good point, I just felt that if I can barely make any fest or tourny there really isnt a point anymore, but ill try and make what I can from now on then, and Ill make it to SmashGT for my bros sake, Synapse couldnt stop talkin about it when I went to see him, so yeah Ill be there then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom