• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT (London) OCT 27th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
All's looking good

(Change of plans, smashfest at spkz on fri)

My best suggestion would be get to london on the 26th October if you want housing and a smashfest, if not on the 27th for the day of the tourney but you must be at the venue at 1PM. (Obviously coach/train to london victoria or waterloo) Firstly get to London Victoria, then find the train to Hackbridge

Spkz and v3x are housing in hackbridge (if you need housing turn up at the smashfest probably). Call Spkz when you get to hackbridge i guess and one of us will pick you up.
On the 27th off to the venue, getting there at 1pm (please dont be late..)

might be able to house 1/2, Also Edwin and other londoners (but not definite)

Spkz House Adress = 26th Smashfest

88 London Road [Flat A]
Hackbridge
Surrey
CR4 4JB

TipTree Communial Hall

POST CODE

IG5 0SX - Ok my mistake, this is the postcode

Use www.multimap.com and type in IG5 0SX to get a pretty specific map of where it is

(go past Kelvedon Lodge, youll see Costcutters, take the first left then first left again..the roads are practically next to eachother so its like a 270º turn)

it should be like on the clayhall avenue
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions for people without cars:

(guessing your all getting a coach/train to victoria or waterloo)

From Victoria you get on the victoria line, get off at oxford circus.. From Waterloo I suggest taking the jubilee line to Stratford. then change to the Central Line (eastbound) and get to Gants Hill (Hainault via newbury park train)

Then you get out of one side of the station and you should see a "Cash Converters" shop somewhere Which has a 128 bus stop outside
you take the 128, it goes into barkingside high street (you'll see a macdonalds on your left = barkingside) and takes a left turn, get off at the stop where there is a small shop called "CostCutters" its like 3/4 stops past barkingside (after the left turn)

- I advice ask the bus driver for Kelvedon Lodge, or a bus stop past Barkingside beside Costcutters

then you walk out the bus obviously, head right..take the first left, then the first left again and you see the venue called "TipTree Communial Hall"
(its like 1 min from the stop)

I require people to get to the venue at 1pm (no later or too early please)

Going to try start doubles at 2 and singles around 4/5

I have the venue from 1-10pm

For people coming on friday i suggest getting to Barkingside instead of Gants Hill, then once at the station phone my mobile =) and attend my smashfest and ill discuss sorting out housing

Possible Housing location: (SPKZ)
88 London Road [Flat A]
Hackbridge
Surrey
CR4 4JB

Contact spkz: via PM, MSN [sp00ky50k@hotmail.com] or phone 07772008884 (if theres anything concerning housing)

My House Number:
Charles (Fuzzyness) - 020 8550 7139 (I ADVISE RING THIS, even if my parents pick up they'll help) .. um dont ring this on friday

Mobile numbers:
Charles (Fuzzyness) - 07935019655 (I LOST MY MOBILE)
Craig (Spkz) - 07772008884

Venue Stuff...
theres a male and female toilet, 100 seats, 20-30 tables and heating
a kitchen with an oven, microwave and boiling water tap (People need to ask me permission to use those and ill prob forbid use of the oven -_-)
NO MESS, ESPECIALLY CHEWING GUM(Charles has to clean up)

oh and dont forget your setups!![/QUOTE]

Costs -
£5 for venue
£5 for singles
£5 for doubles each
£3-7 for train to Barkingside or All Zone Adult Travelcard (£2 for child, try if you want),
Possibly £2-4 housing costs (Ask Spkz >_>)

Pot split - 60/30/10 obviously

Rules:

BYOC

This is imperative, there will be no spare controllers, nobody will bring a controller for you. So you must Bring Your Own Controller!!

Controller Rules

Due to the lack of original Cube controllers found in shops, I am allowing Mad Catz, Logic 3, Wavebird and other 3rd Party controllers. I ask you all to watch your opponents controllers at any point when you feel it's safe to do so, or if you think they may be cheating. I will be walking around as well and watching and if I see anyone I suspect of cheating I will have the game paused and the controller tested as is.

VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE RULES WILL BE PUNISHED!

You will be eliminated from the tournament, you will lose any game you were playing and any sets you may have yet to play will be classed as a loss for you. You will not be refunded any amount of money you may have payed and you will be disallowed entry to any other events happening that day.

To All Those Bringing/Using Wavebirds!!

Due to the way Wavebirds work, there are extra rules surrounding their use. First off, if I catch you cheating by having an accomplice play your game for you using the wavebird channel system, you will both be disqualified from all events immediately. Your money will not be refunded.

Second, due to the wireless technology in Wavebirds you may experience lag from the controller signals, interference or accidental channel stealing from other players. This WILL NOT be accepted as an excuse for a loss or an in game technicality. If you are bringing a Wavebird and intend to use said Wavebird in tournament play, you are accepting any and all possible risks that come with it's use.

In order to minimise confusion and accidental cross-channelling (A term I just made up, where two players use the same channel by accident, causing weird effects) I reccomend that everyone intending to use a wavebird in this tournament either PM me or post in this thread that you are intending to do so. If not, tell me on the day when you register that you will be doing as such. With this in place I can assign channel numbers that players are to use on the day and minimise accidental cross-channeling.

Singles

Best of 3 Set
4 stock per person
8 minutes time limit
Advanced Slob Picks
Stage Banning is in effect
All items are strictly forbidden
Dave's Stupid Rule is also in effect

Random Stages:

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages:

Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Mute City
Pokemon Stadium
Poke Floats
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land N64
Kongo Jungle N64

Banned Stages:

Icicle Mountain
Princess Peach's Castle
Kongo Jungle
Great Bay
Corneria
Flat Zone
Jungle Japes
Temple
Yoshi's Island
Green Greens
Venom
Onett
Mushroom Kingdom
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Brinstar Depths
Fourside
Big Blue
Yoshi's Island N64

Pools

Upon paying your entry and cover fee, you will be entered into one of eight pools.
Each pool will have 4 or 5 people in it
Each pool will contain two seeded players.
Once the pools have been announced, each pool will be handed over to it's top seed who will make sure it advances smoothly.
You will play a best of three set against everyone in your pool.
The top two players in each pool will advance to a 16** Man Double Elimination bracket.
The top two are defined as the two players in a pool with the largest amount of game wins (Not set wins) If there is a tie, the winner will be whoever won in the set between the tied players.

**If more than 40 people attend the bracket will be expanded to accomodate 24 players. The top finishers in each pool will get a bye in Round 1 and in the first round of Losers bracket, everyone will get a bye.
Brackets

The brackets will be run in a Double Elimination format.
All Games in the brackets will be best of 3 up until the Semi-finals of both brackets.
The Semi-finals and Finals of both Winners and Losers Brackets will be best of 5.
The Grand Finals will be a best of 7

Doubles:

Doubles will be the exact same as singles, with two major differences:

1. There will be no pools, doubles will go straight into a double elimination bracket.
2. Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are banned stages in doubles due to frame-dropping (Lag) and cannot be played.

Outcome:

=Others=

- Amsah (hopefully)
- AMCD

=London=

- Fuzzyness
- Darvor
- Frostbyte
- Tears of Sephiroth (?)
- Spkz
- v3x?
- PDOT
- Professor Pro
- Spam a Lamb
- Ouch
- OwnA
- Yawn
- Frozenwave
- Nhat
- KMan
- El Nino
- Synapse
- Edward
- Nexus
- Bronze
- SuperNintendoid
- Martiny2M
- Chrisboi

=Yeovil Crew=

- Lord Rust
- Ogre
- Monty
- L4DY
- Umpa

=North=

- Kone
- GA Wes
- Reacher
- Cpt Zeppo
- Mr P
- Davemans
- Anon
- Grayfox
- JO3
- Aiko
- P.Vanity
- Foulplay
- Bullet Bill
- Wireframe ?
- COEY
- Captain Smashie

=South=

- Jam5
- Craigg
- DSD9
- VanityAngel
- Boest
- Bigman (?)
- SOS Scott (?)

Also i forgot the mention the venue has heating :psycho:

Pool 1

Reacher
Lord Rust
Darvor
Bullet Bill
Nhat
Super Nintendoid
Synapse

Pool 2

Captain Zeppo
Kone
Boest
PDOT
Chrisboi
Edward

Pool 3

Frostbyte
Vanity Angel
J03
Owna
Monty
Nexus
AC Anon

Pool 4

Fuzzyness
Grayfox
Craigg
Aiko
Umpa
Bronze

Pool 5

Jam5
Davemans
Frozenwave
Wireframe
SOS Scott
El Nino
P.Vanity

Pool 6

GA Wes
Tears of Sephiroth
Foulplay
Spam-a-lamb
L4DY
Captain Smashie
Rouse

Pool 7

Mr P
DSD9
Yawn
Prof Pro
V3X?
Bigman
AMCD

Pool 8

Ogre
Coey
Kman
Spkz
Ouch
Martiny2M

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Why are there 2 threads?

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
I, the great writer of tourney threads, who have been ripped off by 75% of tourney hosts, almost endorse this.

But I don't, simply because it's Charles who made it.

Spam your little fingers off people ^_^

BTW, 26th October? Bad times. I'm flaking.

craiigg

Smash Lord
thanks to me for the name obv XD
charles i MIGHT be able to bring a tv if i drive there and with that a setup but ill let you know soon

monty06

Smash Ace
im there time of work is easy and i assume jake caleb and dan will be attending i will also also see if jay is or not but joey has disappeared of the planet sumwhere i think hes quit. so hopefully few from the yeovil crew will be there

VA

Smash Hero
LOL! I'd come just to see that >_<, shame though, his hair was awesome ^^.
How's Mikey's Ganon doing? I enjoyed those matches.
getting better actually, he's getting really strong at edgeguarding and grab game. now if only he could L-cancel and wavedahs :S

SnareRush

Big Loada
Hehe cool ^^ Ye, that Uair edgeguard was a bugger. I love fighting Ganon with my Falcon though. He just seems to fall in the right place all the time :D

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Nintendoid: How's your falcon? I enjoyed playing it.
Vanity: Tell Sam there was no need to shave his hair.
Bill: Doubles! :D
Charles: I'll be there aslong as the date sticks. - Tell me when to book and I'm a-go.

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
I should be able to make this...London tourney at last. All the London people who haven't travelled before will be unleashed!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
You can come if you want telpefion, its just that the european one will be in jan with a lot more organization >_<, also might have probs with housing (especially if more than just you comes)

Yes the date is fine im gonna go sort out the venue finally tommorow.

So start booking today, or tommorow your choice (i saw a bunch of £1 funfair tickets to London Victoria on national express)

Truthfully i dont think ill have enough time at the venue for Paisley vs London or North vs South, I wanna start doubles and singles as soon as possible.

Unless you wanna do it all packed in spkz and vex's place (or my home possibly) sure

SnareRush

Big Loada
FoulPlay: My Falcon's doing ok. I haven't really had a chance to practice against any decent competition. I've been trying to keep up on my techskill etc. in the meantime though, and I'm off to a smashfest on Saturday. Hopefully there'll be a noticeable improvement by the time the tourney comes round ^^

monty06

Smash Ace
charles when will the tourney finish i got a mates 18 bday that day in west london so i need to know rough times of finish etc

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Ah, so there are 2 different tournies. Hmm, then I will probably only come to one. If the bigger one is in the beginning of January, then that's equally fine for me.

VA

Smash Hero
*watches tumble weeds float by*

why is this thread spam free....*disappointed*

monty06

Smash Ace
we do need the spam the thread seems dul without it.

shouts where are you joe lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom