• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Just to point ou prof, I don't know if you have an accurate idea of what me playing to my best is actually is as I've never really brought it to tournament? I've seen you play where you mess up but not a lot. Whereas I always have problem in the latter stages of the tournaments with getting nervous, hearing edwin in my head telling me I'm going to fail and my tech skill going out of the window.

Anyway, we'll see what happens next time. It's always good to be confident, but yeah anyway you need to either message me things you think I need to work on or tell me if I manage to host another fest.
Fair enough, thats a big issue to work on since I feel it's ridiculously harder to maintain a stronger game with fox then peach and obviously the effort to punish ratio with peach can be kind of silly at times.

I think I should rephrase my statement then and say under tournament circumstances I feel that I could beat you the majority of the time.

But I will prob speak to you later about some of the things I feel your peach might need to work on against Me and Fuzzy.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'll just give a general shoutout now, will probably go into more depth later.

Was good playing you all, definitely feel like I'm getting somewhere. I know what I'm doing for all the higher tier match ups, although I need a lot of practice at Up-B out of shield against fox and falco pillars, should have that sorted for next time round.

It was a shame that I had to leave early, would have liked to get more friendlies and MMs in, but definetely will do next time. I wanted to play around with a ledge-camping game with Bowser, but didn't really get the chance. We also need to finish our MM DDiz.

So thanks for all the games guys, and putting up with my bowser haha. I'm convinced Bowser's UP B is the dumbest, and most annoying move in the game.

Next national, Bowser's coming out of pools, EZ.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I think I left my memory card at the venue, anyone see it? Purple, had my name (Yuichi Currie) on it. It's cool if no one has it, shouldn't be too bad to get another one.
Were you the player who wnted to play me after I finished playing 'Fortune Cookie' I think it was, and you were also sitting near me when I was playing all those 4 sets but I never got the chance to play you???

If so sorry lol, I was really tired at the time, and Charles probably will have your memory card BTW, just try to ask him since it sounds pretty distinct with the name on it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
so many johns
loool

Oh yeah, thanks for giving your prior prediction to this tournament which were

1st - Charles
2nd - Va
3rd - Professor Pro

If it wasn't for you and your ability to underestimate me and put Robby and Charles ahead of me and then for me to juicly prove you wrong, I wouldn't know what to do :ohwell:

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
sorry we couldnt finish our MM but i was short on time....infact i dont think i completed pools, yet along play my tournament match....5 pounds down the drain ftw

also d*mn u jolteon for beating me badly :'(.....another MM next time if ur up for it...
jack, i only wanted to look technical...that aint a crime )':

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
No matter where in the Midlands, he should be meeting up with you to play lol.

Unless the Midlands is actually a pretty big place (bigger then London) and you both live on the opposite ends of it.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
i live in the west midlands but prof is right but its not too far.....if theres any fest going in the east midlands theres a 90% chance i can attend

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
this torny was a utter disgrace for me. i should have played better and i underestimated so mmany people. everyone has really improved so i think its time for me to step it up. even though uni has taken up most of my time im still gonna fit in smash around my life. not quite ready to quit yet;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
this torny was a utter disgrace for me. i should have played better and i underestimated so mmany people. everyone has really improved so i think its time for me to step it up. even though uni has taken up most of my time im still gonna fit in smash around my life. not quite ready to quit yet;)
You're a waste, the amount of times I told you not to underestimate anyone before the tournanment and you said you wouldn't, and then when it's done you tell me you did lol.

YOU DESERVED TO LOSE FOR THIS!!!

Next time you're in London i'll play you.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I actually have a question/statement to ask/tell people.

Since the last two event I have dominantly beat Charles where he was playing seriously each time.
Robby's Fest - 7-2
GT4 - 6-1

I want to FINALLY get a top seed at the next event (meaning I want to be 1st of the top seeds) since EVERY event I am 2nd or 3rd which means I without a doubt end up playing Robby Winners Semis....BUT since I ***** at the last event and dominantly beat Charles before the event in another serious set I want the easy bracket like Charles always fucking gets and deserve to be 1st Top Seed IMHO.

rustediron

Smash Lord
I actually have a question/statement to ask/tell people.

Since the last two event I have dominantly beat Charles where he was playing seriously each time.
Robby's Fest - 7-2
GT4 - 6-1

I want to FINALLY get a top seed at the next event (meaning I want to be 1st of the top seeds) since EVERY event I am 2nd or 3rd which means I without a doubt end up playing Robby Winners Semis....BUT since I ***** at the last event and dominantly beat Charles before the event in another serious set I want the easy bracket like Charles always fucking gets and deserve to be 1st Top Seed IMHO.
Didn't see a single question mark

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well part of it was in the tone of a question but then part was a statement, thus the beginning of my post.

Either way can I have/I want the First Place Top Seed at the next event???!!!

j3ly

Smash Champion
either would work well:

for example, smakis/tamoo/deathgazer are the only threats outside 1, 2 and 3, and will beat me from time to time. but where they may consistently lose to each other i doubt i'll lose to en more than once every few tournaments - the same goes for fuzz. smakis beat me fair and square this tournament but will probably lose to someone random that i wouldn't lose to next tournament/tournament after.

the rankings reflects this concept. smakis doesn't deserve my seed (atm) cause he outplaced me, and similarly i dont deserve profs seed after beating him this one random tournament (hypothetically).

HOWEVER i deeply, deeply think that me and prof should have charge of seeding. reasons for this:

fuzzy does it in the most UN RANDOM way possible, which is crap. there should be tiers, and random chance. if ur tier 3 along with LJ and unreal, then it should be random what end of the bracket you go into, and the slots in the bracket reserved for the tier 3 players should have players (selected from the appropriate tier) selected randomly. its not fair how i always knock out deathgazer where he would tear up the other side of the bracket, but doesn't get the opportunity.

i really do think that me and prof have the best idea of who should be in what tier and that. i say that because fuzz - you do it in a wierd way, demonstrating that you have trouble seeding. VA doesn't attend enough and doesn't play alot of people. that leaves me/prof/tamoo/smakis as top end regular attendees to the tournaments. smakis isn't fully aware of every bodies skill level yet, and tamoo doesn't go jiggs in friendlies and so gets ***** all the time unless its tournament.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Sorry but I have a huge problem with the above post

first of all LOOOOOL at unreal and LJ being in this hypothesised tier 3. How you can even compare someone who came 9th this tournament and someone who didn't even make it out of an easy *** pool where top 3 out of 5 went through is truly laughable.

Second, I beat you from time to time? Let me iterate this fact. YOU DONT EVEN BEAT ME FROM TIME TO TIME COS YOUVE ACTUALLY ONLY EVER BEATEN ME ONCE. I will admit you are far more consistent than me and generally do progress further than me in bracket these days, but you stating I beat you from time to time is utter bull****.

Third, what standing do you think you have in the community to suggest that you get to decide seedings? Hell if we gave that important job to you, we would have no tournament because you have the indecency to not turn up on time, and with you ultimately hugely biased ranking, unreal would be given a second seed along with much more notable names such as LJ.

(BTW Unreal, I'm not bashing you at all, I actually think you've improved tonnes in terms of ability and mentality and I hope it continues)

Fourthly, though your last point is true, I have a fairly good grasp on the standard of the UK community. I'm not the type who will suddenly say OMG X1-12 DESERVES TO BE SEEDED WITH PPL LIKE SWIZZY COS HE CAME 9TH TOO because I just know that's not true, whereas all it takes if for Unreal to struggle with Hugo and he's already as good as LJ. I'm not saying I'll be the best at seeding, I just think I'll be better than you.

My take on this is that one tournament is not enough, and I do not count VA's fest im afraid prof, as that was a very chilled out event and VA was drunk during it lool. Combined with the fact that Fuzzy is still top of the rankings, I believe he deserves a chance next tournament to be top seed, although two big tournament wins in a row is almost inconclusive enough to warrant a top seed.

Just my two cents

Also I just realised I haven't posted any shoutouts, umm, i guess i'll maybe post some later but you all probs know what I have to say to you so i may not bother. Good **** to X1-12 and Brado I guess, and SATiRe *****, 5 ranked players, I'd like to see any other crew match that

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
tamoo where's my vid against you in brighton? xD

you just quoted my phrase that I always say

"beat me once fair enough, beat me twice you are better than me"

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
are we doing seeds based on the ranking tho? or just last tourney results :s
Well I know it's def not FULLY done off of the rankings as they aren't fully accurate (though they are becoming more) so I don't think they are based mostly from that....but yeah whatever lol.

either would work well:

for example, smakis/tamoo/deathgazer are the only threats outside 1, 2 and 3, and will beat me from time to time. but where they may consistently lose to each other i doubt i'll lose to en more than once every few tournaments - the same goes for fuzz. smakis beat me fair and square this tournament but will probably lose to someone random that i wouldn't lose to next tournament/tournament after.

the rankings reflects this concept. smakis doesn't deserve my seed (atm) cause he outplaced me, and similarly i dont deserve profs seed after beating him this one random tournament (hypothetically).

HOWEVER i deeply, deeply think that me and prof should have charge of seeding. reasons for this:

fuzzy does it in the most UN RANDOM way possible, which is crap. there should be tiers, and random chance. if ur tier 3 along with LJ and unreal, then it should be random what end of the bracket you go into, and the slots in the bracket reserved for the tier 3 players should have players (selected from the appropriate tier) selected randomly. its not fair how i always knock out deathgazer where he would tear up the other side of the bracket, but doesn't get the opportunity.

i really do think that me and prof have the best idea of who should be in what tier and that. i say that because fuzz - you do it in a wierd way, demonstrating that you have trouble seeding. VA doesn't attend enough and doesn't play alot of people. that leaves me/prof/tamoo/smakis as top end regular attendees to the tournaments. smakis isn't fully aware of every bodies skill level yet, and tamoo doesn't go jiggs in friendlies and so gets ***** all the time unless its tournament.
I don't agree with the highlighted bit, as I can beat Charles again and it was far from a one off....you and your crew have already underestimated me by saying I can't beat Va then, then I can't beat Charles, now you're gonna do it again by saying I won't win again lol....aaahhh the juicy cycle continues.

But I do agree with the rest of the post and I do have a good idea of how seeding should go and such and would gladly contribute my opinion to it.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I do think you have a good chance of being a consistent top placer Aaron, but I also think it is too early to make you the top seed.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm not bothered that much though, cos once I start ****** then I will request to be put 4th seed for the lulz and just to hear people reply 'We can't put you there, cos you're meant to be the 1st seed' and then I will just look back and smile lol :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
What happened with this tournament in terms of recording anyway, why did nothing get recorded???

I think one way to resolve this whole seeding wrong bullshit....is HOW BOUT we speak about the seeding together as a COMMUNITY to get a rough outline of how it should go instead of making it up on the day and things going wrong and all sorts.....MIGHT be easier that way guys.

j3ly

Smash Champion
tamoo ur a ******, you haven't outplaced me since 1 monthly before Gt3. therefore i have beaten you every tournament until smakis placed higher, and beat me this tournament. but i still beat you, idk wtf u are on about or what relevance it has. seems to me like you are trying to discredit me to make ur point sound more valid.. when i CLEARLY stated that rankings should be replaced by TIERS, which wouldent even be hard to get correct anyway.

i think my suitability to decide seeding comes in my UNBIASNESS. you think i am going to **** up the whole tournament to suit unreals purpose? to better myself? thats fair enough when you NEVER play friendlies with people cause ur SO scared they will clock ur jiggs.. lol pathetic.. but i play and analyse everybody i can in the time available. i have a very good idea of who is at what level, much better than you otherwise you would outplace me every now and then =/

Tamoo

Smash Master
The problem with that is that at the end of the day, no body agrees whatsoever, and the only parts people actually agree on are the blatantly obvious parts. I trust the combined judgement of Charles and Jolteon to come up with a fair seeding policy, maybe something they should work on outside of tournament time before the tournament so that it's easier and quicker to get things going.

The difficulty comes on knowing who's actually gonna turn up to an event. It's all well and good having seeding before the tournament but if frostbyte and chrisboi turn up from out of the blue, then that screws everything up.

Jely: don't get too happy, I admit you outplace me but you were talking about actually beating me, or the reverse and I can tell you that you shouldn't be too proud of your record of played x won once, cos it's a **** record to have against someone you outplace

And the rest of my post still stands, I will cringe the day I see you in charge of seeding

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
To be honest I don't really help with the seeding lol, but I do agree that it's something that needs to be worked on so I will discuss it with charles.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Tamoo - The problem is, it's never really Charles and Jolteon, it's mostly Charles and even Charles just FULLY admitted to me on MSN that he set-up the brackets and seeding really badly this tournament....So while you trust their combined judgement, im 100% gonna be adding my opinion bnext tournament as I definitely have a good idea who should be seeded when I sit down and look at everyone in the tournament.

The fact that people can turn up does not prevent this being taken into....becaus what do you in this situation....simple replace names who shouldn't be there with people should be....which technically will be faster when you have a pre-determined and community (important community) agreed list and someone comes along and then you switch a few names.

If you're not smart enough to know who to switch then you shouldn't be creating the list in the first place.

j3ly

Smash Champion
ps beating someone means NOTHING if you dont outplace them. results are ALL that matter, that little number. whether or not u beat someone in some pathetic little feud you are having in ur head is irrelevant.

i dont count 'OOOOOOHHHHH YAYYY I BEAT THIS PERSON 3 TIMES THEY BEAT ME ONCE WOOP WOOP GO ME' as a victory, if that person outplaces me =/ , because smash is mainly about adaptation, as opposed to learning specific players styles and trying to counter.

individual matches mean nothing - final result means everything. you can toy with people all you want in individual matches. x1-12 doesn't deserve any kind of any seed yet. i think he may do eventually, cause he seems like the kinda player who will just keep playing until he is good, but from playing him this tournament he is deffo not ready and horribly inconsistent.

PS may i remind you also that i just switched mains, last monthly i was mario. i did my falco proud this tournament indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom