• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I lost to Swizzy and Chrisboi, cba to john to tired.

Had fun at this even if im a little dissapointed, the scots are amazing to chill with, good times

will post properly when im home

Degree

Smash Apprentice
Only my second event but I had a blast, especially as there were more than 5 setups this time. Next time I aim to win at least 1 match. I managed to avoid Prof's infinites in Pools so I consider that a success. ;D

Also, mad hype for the Jiggypuff ditto match that happened somewhere in the brackets. Mad.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Also on the character rankings, cpt Falcon and Captain falcon are listed as 2 different things.

Thanks for updating them though

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I gotta go to a blazblue tournament now, ggs everyone at GT4 I'll post things later

I was pretty mad at how some things went =/
looool Mad at what.....

If you're referring to the way the brackets were done and organize then you're T.O. so that is kind of down to you, as things were kin of run poorly and EXTREMELY unorganized by you Charles.

How can you clearly state that you want there to be no stage bans before the tournament and I had a conversation with you on msn and hen you wouldn't changed it, then Me and Jolteon had a conversation with you at VA's smashfest and you STILL wouldn't change it.....then on the day randomly you decide to change :confused:
And all the sillyness which was going on with brackets and switching it around continously once you already said it was set....I come back and im facing another person.

And I had to play Last Dragon...then Last Dragon had to play Gantz....and Swizzy had to play Beast and you also set him up to play VA......you swithced theirs around though I think but you didn't switch my crews around.
Crews playing crews in tournaments is fucking dumb, can you please not do that again when there's clearly alternative options.

BUT if you're referring to the cockiness that I showed you at the end, if you show 30% cockiness everytime you win, don't expect it to not be returned at 100% when I win lol :)
And I def won't be apologizing for it.

But just in case you forgot, I win and it was ****...not a close set, actual physical ****.

Prof our first set was janky as hell with so many mistakes and stuff.

Just to let you know, fuzzy 3 stocked me and killed me with side b just before I had to play you. I saw him walk away with the smuggest grin ever and my heart sank. I felt the edwin inside me telling me to flake and that I had no hope. I had edwins voice in my head all through my set with prof saying "no hope". That's a joke btw I just honestly did feel like I couldn't win. Not to detract from your win prof but really I was thinking you would beat him after last time and I would fail. You really deserved to win, I always knew you were good, even when you lost to joanna dark.

On a more general note. The way GT4 was run can only be described as a bit of a mess. Brackets are not worked out fairly, it runs late every time and people just do what they want the whole time. Charles doesn't have the loudest or most commanding of voices, so next time if it's ok I'd like to co-run or help out or whatever, officially.

Yeah, I do feel there was a lot of mistakes in the first set, ESPESH by me, I got annoyed when I was in the lead of FoD....I did a drill thiking 'oh here comes the shine' and next you know I did an illusion off the stage lol....it was even nerves when that happen, it was a genuiene mistake which is what annoyed me, and me shining the stitchface and nothing happening and me getting hit....
The first set for me was not a good one lol

loool That makes me feel even better about acting cocky to Fuzzy since I know what he was like with you, plus he came to Me, Last Dragon and Gantz and talked about how it was **** and finished you with with Side B and saying the usual cocky stuff he does when he wins lol.
And thanks, also I think you might be able to establish more control against CF if you play a bit faster, I know that might sound like a noob comment but peach playing slow or normal pace just gets her *****, adding in the speed brings in a sense of unpredictability and also intimidation.

PLEASE HELP FUZZ NEXT TOURNAMENT, he's needs someone to help confirm decision as he waste time by wondering what he should do or no paying attention to it at all....and a lot of people don't listen to him because of the demanding factor like you said.

LONG SHOUTOUTS GOING TO GET MADE LATER TODAY, I'LL TRY TO INCLUDE AS MUCH PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE BUT APOLOGIZED IF I MISS YOU OUT.

VA

Smash Hero
Literally it's too much for one person to do alone. It's not Charles' fault. I will definitely help run the tourament next time with my loud shouty voice.

The way I would do it is like this:

Run as many pools as possible while keeping some back and having TVs designated for friendlies at all times. TVs should be designated for each pool and there will be strict rules on playing friendlies when you are not supposed to.

I also have issues with the rule set of these tourrnaments and will be looking to American nationals as a model for rules. I think our stage choices go either too far in the way of limiting or permitting choice. But whatever, I've not run anything before and it could go wrong with me in control :/

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
It is a lot of work for one person, so yeah you can't really blame charles, however it would be very nice if he did listen and take advice especially if it came from past experiences.

Seriously I dunno why we had to run pools mid way through doubles again... it was just chaotic and especially for us when we had to make sure the bracket was running fine/take care of pools/take care of doubles, I had a lot on my mind as well but w/e that bit isn't your fault.

Also a 16 man bracket would have been wiser, just saying.

I've said plenty of times before I think our stage list is way too restricting, so I agree with VA.

p.s. j3ly etc please take more reliable transport next time ;x

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah but the extent we went to before was ****ing stupid. Mute and some others should just not be legal.

What do people think about keeping some pools back in favour of having friendly TVs?

They did this at apex and I think it works very well.

Jolteon

Yeah but the extent we went to before was ****ing stupid. Mute and some stage should just not be legal.

What do people think about keeping some pools back in favour of having friendly TVs?

It's a little different, that was literally just because it was a monthly and we felt it'd be a nice change since we never ever have any CPs on anymore. It wouldn't be like that at a national.

I think it depends on the amount of TVs we have, if we have 20+ again then sure why not?

VA

Smash Hero
I don't mean if we have abundance of TVs. I mean if we have 10-12. It would optimise speed because people know where they are playing friendlies and don't get tempted to start playing on random TVs. There needs to be 2 TVs per pool and then you can run 5 pools at a time, then as soon as one finishes you can start the next one.

I think it does depend on the number of TVs come to think of it. I dunno what would work best. If you can fit all the pools 2 per TV then there shouldn't be friendly TVs that distract from tournament matches.

and this:
RULES

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Literally it's too much for one person to do alone. It's not Charles' fault. I will definitely help run the tourament next time with my loud shouty voice.

The way I would do it is like this:

Run as many pools as possible while keeping some back and having TVs designated for friendlies at all times. TVs should be designated for each pool and there will be strict rules on playing friendlies when you are not supposed to.

I also have issues with the rule set of these tourrnaments and will be looking to American nationals as a model for rules. I think our stage choices go either too far in the way of limiting or permitting choice. But whatever, I've not run anything before and it could go wrong with me in control :/
I suggested that designated TV shit awhile ago, I have NOOOO idea why it isn't being taken into action, it's literally the quickest way to get the tournament done. And I agree on certain TV's for friendlies, but only when Charles gets all his TV's back from Kone is when we can do that.

And obviously I realize that the tournament is too much for Charles to run it all by himself, but sometimes Charles does things during the tournament which really doesn't help or show signs of someone who trying their best to run a clean and fast tournament.

Yeah but the extent we went to before was ****ing stupid. Mute and some others should just not be legal.

What stages do you suggest, so far I just know that no matter what, Kongo Jungle should be a stage lol.

Jolteon

I don't mean if we have abundance of TVs. I mean if we have 10-12. It would optimise speed because people know where they are playing friendlies and don't get tempted to start playing on random TVs. There needs to be 2 TVs per pool and then you can run 5 pools at a time, then as soon as one finishes you can start the next one.

I think it does depend on the number of TVs come to think of it. I dunno what would work best. If you can fit all the pools 2 per TV then there shouldn't be friendly TVs that distract from tournament matches.

and this:
RULES

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
I thought the same at first too, but when I thought about it more I realised that people wouldn't really be contempt with 1-2 friendlies TVs and would probably just go to other TVs anyway lol, so I think it'd only work with a lot more TVs.

I agree with your stage list 100%.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I had a blast, with my best placing ever (not dead last in pools. Hey, little baby steps forwards is still the right direction).

Right shoutouts. If I missed anyone, deal with it.

Ddiz: you've definitely improved, but you still have a long way to go. You still do a lot of stupid stuff because you try to be technical when you aren't. Try playing safer and working for openings rather than just running in and hoping they mess up.

Fuzz: :awesome: Enjoyed our set, and thanks for the advice (and get ***** lol)

Deathgazer: It's getting frustrating because no matter how much I improve, you always seems to have matched it. Great fun playing you none the less.

X1-12: congrats on your run through brackets. You've really stepped it up.

Wiggum: didn't seem to be your day. Your commentry for brado vs fortunecookie was awesome though.

Swizzy: I expected no mercy from a ganon main and got none.

Degree: You still play far samrted than someone as new as you should be playing. You mostly just seem to lack experience. I'll see if we can get the Reading people together over the holidays for a few fests and train you up.

MaSe: Watched a few of your games and you were playing really well. Again, just lack of experience seemed to hold you back a bit in those last hit, last stock situations, but you still looked like nobody found you easy to beat. And teaming was awesome. Definitely have to do it again.

CrabMan: I forgot how could you were. See what I said to degree for potential smash over the holidays.

Tamoo: I hate jigglypuff. Especially now you can exploit the match up a bit. Good games though.

Mitsuki: You have got better, but you really need to focus on moving and reacting faster, because at the moment you seem to punish mistakes and get hits on people who don't know how broken peach's hitboxes are. Still, practice is all it should take. <3

I think that's it. If I played you and haven't mentioned you, either I don't know who you are or you are insignificant.

smakis

Smash Ace
shoutouts:

<3

I also find it hilarious that I'm on the UK (!) rankings =)

don't nag on fuzzy, we were on schedule, some people caused huge delay though

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
and this:
RULES

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
I really like these rules, though I can't say that every tournament should have these stage list (not saying you're saying that) as it's really the T.O. decision but it would be good to test these out at the next monthly and also perhaps if you try and host a tournament and this list would be there.

Degree

Smash Apprentice
That sounds good, friendlies are awesome but the actual tournament matches must take priority imo. Doing this efficiently does depend on the number of setups in relation to the number of matches that have to be played though. That and the sooner that pools are out of the way, the less TVs that will be needed for the tournament matches and the more friendlies people will be able to play. I'm sure I saw people in the pool to the left of where I was playing on 2 TVs to try and get their matches complete. eg. I know I had my 4 Pool matches done long before Prof did. Perhaps first 30 mins (or however long) or so there should be nothing but Pool matches going on? Not sure as I've never ran anything before, but slightly better organisation in the early stages would make MASSIVE improvements overall.

Some shoutouts.

Ddiz: Stop playing Link, it's embarrasing to watch you get uair'd by Young Link 9 times in a row, seriously. :D
Jack: Only got a match or two with you this time, but CG **** as usual. Very highly considering changing my main though.
Mitsuki: Although we got destroyed in brackets, it was a good 2 matches considering we'd barely ever played together before. Thanks for the dmsash save as I was about to be rested. :D
X1-12: Thanks for the couple of matches and advice, hope next time I can get more matches in with you.
Tamoo: Looked like you were having a busy day, but thanks for the ****. <3
The Samus in my pool (forgot your name): Man, your recoveries totally screwed me over, I couldn't do anything about them.
Prof: I was having an off-day otherwise my Link would totally have won. Totally.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I think tournaments running late are nearly always down to individual people not just getting on and playing their pool matches, Not down to the TO. When there are pools of 5 for example 1 person will be not playing at the start and wont want to wait so will just wander around and get distracted, which messes up the whole pool.

X1-12

Smash Champion
oh yeah shoutouts

Prof: Fuzz always winning was getting old, nice one for beating him, very entertaining set.

Tamoo: You've actually inspired me to drop marth, I'd only use him for peach/jiggs anyway and since beating brad with my falco I realise I just need to man up and practise the match-up. To this end we really need to play sometime so you can teach me it

SATiRe: Most ranked players from any crew? yes please. Good show people

Scots: Great to play all of you guys, S.Shadows some great games real close, and gotta love playing vs Bowsers :p Fortune Cookie, I feel bad for you getting planked out of pools but was fun playing you as usual.

Brad: GGs, you almost had my falco in our MM.

Next Tournament's Aim:
Beat or outplace Deathgazer and Jolteon, also make bracket again

VA

Smash Hero
I think tournaments running late are nearly always down to individual people not just getting on and playing their pool matches, Not down to the TO. When there are pools of 5 for example 1 person will be not playing at the start and wont want to wait so will just wander around and get distracted, which messes up the whole pool.
Yes but this is part of the role of the TO to ensure that this does not happen. If this is by putting someone responsible in charge of the pool or checking round each of the pools themsevles, it has to be done.

Degree

Smash Apprentice
Yeah tech chasing what I meant, had a thread about CG open at the same time.

And also a shoutout to the Bowser main, that was a most entertaining series of matches.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
u were expecting to beat swizzyness? swizzy will kill you
Your a bit of a tit on here aren't you? lol

I wasn't expecting anything in particular I simply stated I was disappointed with how I did.

Swizzy hardly killed me, if you watched our match then maybe you commenting would be justified.

Kyoshi123

Smash Journeyman
Anaky Says:

Shout Outs

Fuzzy: Unlucky on not winning this time maybe u shud quit melee for brawl.

Prof: Congratz on the win man, i guess that bedroom practice actually payed off in the end.

VA: Ur good ur very good indeed, but u cant dsmash only takes of 90% if the opponent DI's down.

Smakis: You beat Me and Kasper in doubles, you dont get a shoutout.

J3ly: Needs moar weed next time.

Frostbyte: Good marth, but still abit off mine, dont quit man.

Deathgazer: Ur just technical and asian.

Tamoo: Rest?

Swizzy: COOL GUY!!!!! And a pro for ****** with Ganon.

X1-12: Nice 1 on shocking Willz.

LJ: Thanks for the little bit of support in pools, didnt need it obv.

Chrisboi: FSMASHSPAMISHELLASCRUBBYLRN2PLAYPROPERLY.

Yeniths: Im sick of you man, u should be winning for us, top8 next time or ur dead.

Jolteon: Same goes, top8 at least.

Brado: Dude wtf, what you playing at?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
OOC - I did it guys lol, you all know I could do it, had that faith in me, and stuck up for me during the tournament by providing the trashtalking behind me which I needed during the matches.....and doing these extremely funny screams and shouts everytime I did something rude or comboed Charles lol abnd it helped a lot and I appreciate the support dawgs, except for Alpha Dash who's fuking gay and goes and plays MM's with people while i'm in the GF's and chooses not to support me like I always support him during tournaments.......*** you Dujuan lol.

But yeah, we're still going to get back to some good training and obv I will be helping all of you lot, just please don't get discouraged when I win, because as I ALWAYS say it's not like i'm some random smasher and it helps train you up for people who are worse as well since you're WAYYY more likely to win when already playing someone who's better

Fuzz - :cool: GG's :cool:

VA - I really enjoyed playing you, even though I honestly feel (and I mean no cockiness behind this, honestly) if i'm playing on point and you're playing on point that im still very likely to win...I think theirs still a few key things you need to work on which I hope to help with when I come your house prior the Sweden event you're going to.

I did noticed that you stopped D-smashing as depserately even though you did it occasionaly but no where near as much as before.

Smakis - Your IC's are obviously seriously good lol.
The one thing I always punish I think though is certain situations where I know you're desperate to get a Grab which is why our ENTIRE set I don't think you got a single decent Grab combo or Wobble....but either way you ***** and placed 4th which is really good.

Look forward to the next time I play you and you commenting about my height or something lol :)

Oh yeah, X1-12 was on our train and got his cube back lol.

Yeniths - Please don't listen to J3ly, im ridiculously sure that you could of beat Chrisboi since I know you won the first game against him, it's just a shame that you counterpicked him on the last game on Pokemon Stadium instead of Dreamland....cos I think you would have won then and then we would have seen an upset, just a bad choice of counterpick, but now you know anyway.

The friendlies I played you definitely impressed me and made me understand what you were talking about on msn in terms of you feeling happy that you have really good control with you're character cos now I can def see it.
Please continue at this rate improving and if you come to the next I definitely expect you being better and placing in a more deserving position.

Jolteon- I dunno what happen this tournament whether it was nerves of whatever but I don't think it went too good lol....I know you know were being really inconsistent and stuff but yeah, we'll just work on that for next time and rah-pay.

Once you generally get better though in singles and as a player it will undoubtably transfewr partially into doubles.

Frostbyte + Chrisboi - DESTRUCTION is what I served both of you lol
Was good to see you at this tournament though, I definitely think that you both should keep on coming since you're company is very funny in general and it's fun to have you there and hear
'CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES' LOOOOL

Hugo - lol SORRY about making you lose £2, I literaly have no idea that you had money on me, you should have more money when it was important lol, but it is good to finally see some side bets, I reckon these things should happen more often.

AND *** you for knocking out a fellow OoC member...:(

Brado - I KNOW you're happy about coming now lol.
I've never seen such a beauty in camping and planking the edge, it was the most hilarious thing of the tournament and espesh when Wiggum came running over to see it lol, cos he knew exactly what it was when I shouted 'Wiggum come see, you will love this'

You should def come and DRAG Willz the next time you come, need some planking Jiggz and planking CF's in doubles IMO lol :)

J3ly - Me winning singles > J3ly beating us in doubles :)
But yeah you're falco is good, I still think you have a good few bad habits which I fully took advantage of during our set, but I know you're the type of player still try and improve after anyway regardless and just get better so I look forward to our next encounter in tournament or wherever.

Swizzy- Swizzy beating us in doubles > Me winning singles :)
Congratz on beating us in doubles lol, and *** you for winning the bet against Hugo :(
I didn't get to play you ALOT but yeah, just really try to work on that Ganon vs Falco matchup since I know how gay it is lol

ShiftingShadows - Your CF was really good suprizinginly lol, I didn't know how good you were be due to you not having an extremely active scene but I was really impressed by it. I don't think you have really any clear bad habits despite the fact ofthe edguarding and the lack of Utilt and your overall punish game which basically meant you weren't really getting any huge combos off of tech chasing VERY good and covering options.

FortuneCookie - I would say the for of what I have just said to ShiftingShadows in terms of me being surpized and know clear bad habits except for your ability to highly punish your opponent in terms of combos and pressure and taking advantage of situation, though it was still EXTREMELY impressive for not having much people to play...

Definitely keep it up and please return for the next tournament or monthly :) All you Scots

And you could have got around that planking btw lol, just with a well time aerial, you were approaching predictably and impatiently which is why couldn't get any aerials in while he was planking, but it's ok anyway....I don't think you'll fall for it next time.

Biskhin - You're one of them players with extreme potential and also weirdly VERY consistent with your tech skill and I actually haven't been the only one to notice it, I actually know if you were to play more oftenily and with a variety of better people that you would be really good at the game.

I think you just need more experience and knowledge of what to do, but the potential is undeniable there, love you baby <3

And also My CF > Your Falco lol :)

Degree - There was something that some smasher said (think it was Chu Dat) which was 'If you can't win with a top tier character, you shouldn't play a low tier character' which I mean in no offense to you obviously, but just a word of advice since I saw earlier in the thread you said you were thinking of switching mains, and being new to the game and playing a character that takes A SILLY amount of skill to even place decently puts a lot of pressure and hardwork on yourself lol.

Just a word of advice though, obviously it's your choice, but you WILL find things a bit/alot easier if you were to even main someonelse, but I see you enjoy playing in general which is all good, hope you come to the next event :)

GM Jack - Congratz on ****** Charles, he's such a scrub lol
Wish I would have saw the game, I heard it was pretty funny and Charles was johning about SD and all that stuff, but my conclusion is that you baited him into those SD's.
One step at a time lol :)

Mitsuki - I never get to play you lol, but I always see you happy around the tournament, I hope the falco practice helped with your improvement and I feel for you for living with someone who plays brawl lol....:(

Anyway I guess i'll be seeing you at the next event and seeing you being happy and what-not lol

Tesco Crew - Overall your crew is pretty legit lol, even though it's a LONGGGG time away I think Deathgazer should be considered for UK Crew Battle at SNY2, strictly because he can beast certain people who have no idea how to handle pressure lol.

PMS has gotten a lot better as well lol, nearly beat me in one game on Dreamland with no sandbagging from me and got me a little scared lol, like literally high percent last stock stuff...

Where were you Unreal lol....I know you're pretty good now, should have been representing and ******

Wiggum + Jude - I know we have a lot to work on but im def gonna try and help you lot on that journey lol, everyone has something in their smash career which they get EXTREMELY annoyed about at one point 'GGT1 (Birmingham) Me losing to Chrisboi' but once you get better you get over it lol...
It will be funny in the future when you're alot better and you look back on your placement....and you live near me, so improvement is inevitable lol :cool:

NRS - Everyone in this crew is legit lol, I really like it in terms of you as people and you as smashers, and espesh L-J for his comment when watching my matches lol.

Since you live near each other obv I expect to see improvement which is really good, IMHO you lot should start a youtube channel or something and start getting shiz uploaded for people to watch and advice to be given as it would be a good watch and I would be happy to.

I APOLOGIZE IF I MISSED ANYONE, BUT COME ON....THAT SHOUTOUT LIST WAS PRETTY LONG AND HAD DEPTH TO IT LOL, CUT ME SOME SLACK

I WONNNNNNN BABY <3

smakis

Smash Ace
Prof, bringing colors to your world since april 2007

and yes what you said is so true =P, in some games I actually mumbled to myself saying stuff like "STOP frikkin fsmashing all the bloody time", which acually worked for a while ^^

and you won right? 120 pounds? That should cover the trip to BEAST pretty nicely, no johns =)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Ok, I'll remember next time that if I don't play you but hear you did something good, I will not congraulate you like I did...but continue to use your name as an insult.

Like how I made Fuzz look like GM Jack.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Prof, bringing colors to your world since april 2007

and yes what you said is so true =P, in some games I actually mumbled to myself saying stuff like "STOP frikkin fsmashing all the bloody time", which acually worked for a while ^^

and you won right? 120 pounds? That should cover the trip to BEAST pretty nicely, no johns =)
loool It's all about the colours, make for a more visually pleasing post when it's really good, and dont worry about your bad habits, your already are an overall consistent player which leads me to believe that those problems can be solved.

And you still ***** by placing 4th lol....good job on beating Frostbyte, I really wish I would have seen that match, what was the score and stock and stage choices throughout the set cos im curious lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom