• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA

Smash Hero
you have to move after the shield....because otherwise they have to have spaced their attack perfectly to be rested...

basically, it's just a faster version of shield > rest.

it's not that good, powershield > attack is good but not that good.

Magus could do it 100% of the time and I just ran up and grabbed him :/

j3ly

Smash Champion
it becomes great if you can get an 80% combo off of it. ps laser -> laser + approach is niiiiice.
ps -> marths nair/fair is great. same with falcon.

dash into the lasers
messes up their spacing a bit and its easier and it closes the gap

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
yeah PS vs lasers is cool, but I think the discussion is just about PSing moves in general. imo if you're anticipating the move anyway you should ideally space yourself, rather than limit your options like that.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
most of my falcons game revolves around shield spacing and trying to powershield against falco

once I get the right distance I'll use spaced n airs

doing both of these closes a lot of falcos options

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
me and shiftingshadows got a supersecret marth technique that we've only showed to yeniths and tamoo. U guys are gonna be blown away by it at the next london monthly ;)! new marth metagame ftw!
loool More crap im hearing about this secret marth technique when in reality it doesn't exist or is extremely uneffective lol.

IS this secret technique enough for you to say you think you could beat me....cos if not then it obviously isn't that effective....but if it is £20MM and best of 7 and you have to take only ONE game off of me???

Get bent tamoo, you think powershielding the gay way is revolutionary.

Also you think powershield rest is some kind of miracle.

In America, there are numerous people that can powershield everything to > attack on command. It's not nearly as good as you think.
This is kinda an EXTREME overexaggeration about powersheilding everything to attack on command, proof???

They might be pretty good on powersheilding specifics consistently but you're obv exaggerarting.

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
It will always be you I thought you had R.I.P. (ed? past tense) You definately deserve a hall of fame entry for your contributions to the UK marth metagame. Is your birthday feb 17th? If so THATS MINE GIVE IT BACK =p Aquarius...

On the powershielding debate I agree it would add a level to your game but I doubt its a game changer. IMO the best way to counter falcos laser approach is to just wavedash out of sheild towards them and go back to sheild to close the gap, should destroy their spacing, but your character needs a badass OoS game or you could jump OoS when your near enough.

BTW ny1 go down to london for the riots was gd ****. The highlight was some kids who threw the tear gas back at the ****ers while some blaring dubstep was played in the background. Was a little less violent than a night out at fabric, VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!! Shame we lost the game, some serious bull****...

Ps. I know some secrets too, I found out a certain unnamed charater is fox in disguise sometimes, but you'll see in february.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i think i cud take him in a ditto but maybe not beat the range of people he can (for now)... we will see on saturday

edwin i miss you :( come over and watch anime with me and lewis some time, but ur phone has to be on for us to contact you

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Lol fuzzy cld I potentially come along to? And maybe see if a certain china man is available? Would love to see the elite smash champions organisation.

j3ly

Smash Champion
wahone are you talking about phi?

i dont think its worth ur time comming fuzzyness' just to watch others play then get knocked off the tv after one game. only one tv... fuzz is there no chance you can get another? if its 1 tv there is a strong chance me and lewis will wake up late then decide its not worth it for 6 people to 1 setup.

would be cool to meet you though

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Yea I mean phi I jam with him all the time. I've heard about your legendary smash abilities it would be an honour to meet you in person, but I see where your comming from about the 1 setup though is pretty long. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

VA

Smash Hero
They wait for you to approach, then unless you bait it they powershield.

If you sat down in training mode they'd powershield everything given warning. So yeah they can do it on command, you just have mindgame them out of it.

Why do you say it's an exaggeration?

It's not even that hard, I can do it if you're obvious. Like I could powershield a falcon punch 100% of the time, it's not hard to learn the timing :/

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
If you sat down in training mode they'd powershield everything given warning. So yeah they can do it on command, you just have mindgame them out of it.

Why do you say it's an exaggeration?

It's not even that hard, I can do it if you're obvious. Like I could powershield a falcon punch 100% of the time, it's not hard to learn the timing :/
I just thought you saying...

there are numerous people that can powershield everything to > attack on command.
was an exaggeration.

VA

Smash Hero
Oh right, well I played a few people that could do it, DoH and Magus.

They aren't like top players so I just assumed people could do it if they wanted.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
theres a flight for £20 dude, and I got a prepaid card so I can book that for you with no fees

you're lucky cause me robby and sam had to pay about £50 :/ random last minute offers x_x

if you book without my help anyway you'll be paying £10 extra card fee so thats £30

unless you wanna be safe and divide it between all of us pay £42 each? but thats you willing to dish out £22 to be fair :s

you also need to book a coach/train to the airport

Adult
10.00 GBP
Thu 6 Jan 11
FlightFR 964
06:55 Depart
09:50 Arrive

Adult
10.00 GBP
Mon 10 Jan 11
FlightFR 965
10:15 Depart
11:10 Arrive

same as us guys

if anyone else wants to go it'll be £20 each if they let me book for them asap with your one

I didnt expect the flights to go down cause it was around christmas, guess theres some luck >_>

smakis

Smash Ace
shouldnt this thread be closed lol
shouldn't you have been there?
shouldn't you had told anyone where you have been for like, two months?
shouldn't you be booking your tickets to beast by now?

Hi Edwin =)

get your *** back to melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom