• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
So, here is a live update from the hall. There is lots of interesting things going on.

There was massive hype over L-J and Jude's pool match.

Swizzy 4-stocked Jolteon.

Doubles are still going. J3ly and Swizzy have got to play Chtisboi and Frostbite.

We are drilling pools for singles, but things are close to finishing up and moving on.

Jack got a game off Fuzzy.

And I got a stock off VA... ^_^ let me have my proud moment :p
......I didn't know Swizzy 4-stocked Jolteon :confused: besides the fact that I think he was playing very bad I think I need to have a good few sessions with him helping him to step it up.

Prof won, then fuzz and VA.
THIS!!!

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY, NOT ONLY DID I WIN THE TOURNAMENT, BUT I BEAT CHARLES 7-1 IN GRAND FINALS (not recorded, nothing in the entire tournament was :() AND I WILL FOREVER CARRY ON ABOUT IT AS HE BEAT ME 7-1 IN ONE TOURNAMENT AND WAS LAUGHING AT ME AND SAYING IT WAS EMBARRASING!!!

PROFESSOR PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good **** brad for planking fortune LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
and getting through pools and getting 5th in dubs
GOOD SHI-T MAYUN

x1-12 stepped it up
have to **** him next tourney
and hugo... oh wait that'd be a waste of my time
loool Thanks baby....and now I know Brado was happy he came to this.
I've actually never see anyone plank like that IN MY LIFE against someone, it was LITERALLY, jump up Bair Bair Bair (still two jumps left) go underneath the stage, grab on the ledge repeat and OCCASIONALLY jump on the cloud for like 3 minutes.....brawl tactics <3
Needless to say Wiggum was absolutely loving it shouting 'THIS IS WHAT WE CAME TO SEE'

Then Fortune pulled the control out and just gave up since he was on 1 stock and Fortune was on 3 and said he had no idea what to do when he could have spaced a Bair, but I understand nerves and what-not.

Their getting housed together though so there will def be some rage being exchanged, love you Brado baby, will never say anything bad about you again lol :)

Can't remember singles properly so I'll wait for someone whose post will be accurate lol
....W....w.....w....why you gotta bring that up....

loool Nah there was a mixture of us underestimating you before the match and Jolteon playing kinda bad and inconsistent (still love you Jolteon though, no offence obviously :)) which made us lose, I would be upset and john but I got 1st in singles :)

j3ly

Smash Champion
rly disappointed with 5th, needed to remain in winners bracket for 1 more game to take 4th. would have***** the other side of the bracket, and dgzr would have ***** my side if we weren't always together on the same side of losers :(

swizzy it was great teaming with you, any time ur not teaming with VA we should do it again. not even a close call getting 2nd. double tanking and good edgeguards, it was all in the edgeguards.

smakis fair play to you we both choked and you came out on top but never expect me to choke again. i dont really choke.

i played soo lazy today. need to stop bunning at tournaments

thx for hosting the tournament fuzz.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sorry for doubles post, but just saying I WILL do shoutouts later.
Just to give people an idea of how some people's games went it was.

Winners Semis
Prof vs VA - 3-2 (VA won) - and as SOON as I lost this I shouted 'I don't care, im winning this tournament no matter what' in a demanding voice lol

Winners Finals
VA vs Fuzz - 3-1 (Fuzz won) - VA won the first game but then Charles kind of dominanted after that since that matchup is REALLY gay...<3 VA

My Losers Bracket :)
Me vs J3ly - 2-0 (I won) - Quite dominant win on my behalf, like 3 stock and then 2 stock lol, he went falco which is prob his best character now which is a good thing

Me vs Smakis - 2-0 (I won) - I didn't allow him to get a SINGLE one of his gay little CG's on, he played really good though, but I kinda gay him off killing Nana, but he placed 4th at this which is a VERY good sign for things to come

Me vs VA - 3-1 (I won) - Wasn't choking this time (because I was actually feeling tired which made me not care as much lol) and really close games but I just scraped it through on the last game

ME VS FUZZYNESS (I HURT HIM) - 3-1 FIRST SET
4-0 SECOND SET.....****, NO REAL DESCRIPTION NEEDED, GO FALCO OR SOMETHING NEXT TOURNAMENT, BUT NOT THAT FALCON....AND SORRY FOR THE COCKINESS IN YOUR FACE AT THE END BUT I HAD TO DO IT FOR REVENGE OF YOU BEING COCKY TO ME....

j3ly

Smash Champion
wasnt it 2 2stocks? pretty sure it was. lazy game all thought was void at that point

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I was most tired when I was playing you lol, I wakened up after finishing our set a bit, so I can match the lazy joins with tired johns.

And it might of been 2 stock actually, either way it they were still pretty good games even though I was quite dominant cos I feel that I keep on punishing your bad habits and I think you might need to step up your combo game a bit....just literally learn ways to continue combos and keep your opponent under pressure as a falco should and get some serious damage, and also step up your laser game and create a wall which is hbard to get through...just a bit of advice.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hugo - lol Oh wow, sorry about that, I really didn't know that you bet money on me, should have told me since it might of given me a bit of motivation but thanks for the love lol.

Still continue to bet in my favour, but just know when to lol :bee:

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
good **** brad incorperating some brawl **** into yo melee game
knew u was always a brawlaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

L-J

Smash Ace
Man it was nice to just be able to pop down to this in 50 mins without any public transport hassle. If I have the car I might come to one of these again sometime.

Competitive smash is slowly but surely slipping down my list of life priorities but I still love the game and have fun competing so this isn't the end just yet.

I'll do very brief shoutouts now before I forget stuff:

Yeniths: I liked double fox :) It was always gonna eb hard to make it work though teaming for the first time. Still, we should've had both the games we lost so no biggy.

MaSe: You did good boy! For a first tournament I was very impressed. - u cud've had Jude or Beast with just a lil more experience.

Jude: The hype in our pools match made it so much more fun, but why oh why didn't you GRAB THE LEDGE?!?!? Don't be nervous next time and you'll have me.

PMS: I felt sorry for you SDing in the first game. You've got a really solid fox game - keep improving man.

J3ly: I like your Falco, and agree with Prof he's your best character now and you should concentrate on him for singles. I would've liked to perform in the 3rd game like I did in the first 2 cus that woudl've made a great set, but congrats for winning it - and your placing was pretty good lol, I wudn't be upset. Smakis is kinda good too y'know.

Beast: Fun sets in pools and bracket. My advice would be dash-attack less and try and work on tech chasing from grabs.

Sean: Cramp in right hand sucks SO bad I know from experience- made me feel really bad having to play you and I wish we hadn't had to. Glad you decided to come though, and because of me? Aw, I'm touched :p

Tamao: You outplayed me today, straight up. I never even felt in the match whether ahead or behind. You should've beaten Frost. Hopefully one day we can play in bracket when I'm in my jiggs frame of mind and we're both playing well, cus I'd say then we're about as even as it gets and have awesome sets. What you said about losing motivation a bit in smash pretty much exactly mirrors how i've been feeling. I still think we should keep playing till SNY2 though, and teaming too.

Smakis: You're awesome - buying me food and generally being an awesome guy. Oh and I guess you're alrite at smash too...when I'm not sandbagging I guess you have a chance to place 4th at a national again. Beware though, when my serious Falco comes out next time we meet, it will be SO **** SERIOUS!!!!1!

Prof: Congrats on winning - your fox was beautiful today. Play like that all the time and you'll be undisputed best in UK and one of the best in Europe, no doubt.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Brado:
loool everyone was saying liek that i was a brawler when i was doing it hahaha. It was madd good, eaasily most hyped match of the day ;)
I'll post properly when I'm home. yeyeyeye i repped LC aiiite today

L-J

Smash Ace
J3ly I meant the one with most potential - obv your Mario will still be your 'best' character cus you have way more tournament experience with him, but imo you should now stick to Falco and main him properly. Mario will only get you so far, the character limitation is too great.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Prof: Congrats on winning - your fox was beautiful today. Play like that all the time and you'll be undisputed best in UK and one of the best in Europe, no doubt.
Thanks man, that really means alot to me and gives me motivation to get better and **** always from now lol.

And I said today, I don't want to this to be a one time thing and then things go back to normal, i'm gonna try hard to maintain it.

And once I go 1st on the UK Rankings List it's official since that List is the offical shiznezz lol :)

J3ly I meant the one with most potential - obv your Mario will still be your 'best' character cus you have way more tournament experience with him, but imo you should now stick to Falco and main him properly. Mario will only get you so far, the character limitation is too great.
lol Yeah I agree with this actually, the potential is FAR GREATER with your falco then your mario.

When you become a full time falco main it's gonna be funny if you counterpick new people with Mario, they will look all confused and think it's sandbag times and then next you know it's **** lol.

rustediron

Smash Lord
I need the number of entrants to update the rankings.

Also thinking of moving web hosts (the one I'm using right now seems a bit **** these days), anyone know any good free ones?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
£5 x 41 Entrant = £205

60% of that is £123 which means I think I didn't get my £3 :)

But seriously Charles you need to start using a calculator if you aren't using one, cos I remember hearing you say that you don't need one and you can just add it up, but then you get inaccuracy and I don't see the point when you add it up all the money up and work it out sitting RIGHT next to a laptop which prob has a calculator on, or on practically every human beings mobile phone.

Jolteon tells you EVERYYYYY tournament to use a calculator and you are like 'NOOO I DON'T NEED ONE '.....but you kinda of do to validate your decision.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You want to have a £3 MM with me because I didn't get my £3 lol??? :confused:
Unless you're referring to Fuzz since the 'It's on' bit but even then it's still confusing what you're talking about.

Also I thought I could never beat VA or Fuzz and im definitely 3rd and you and Tesco crew saw it coming.... :confused:

Edit - Also apologies to the player who travelled with Crabman and L-J and wanted to play me but I never got around to it lol...but it seemed you were enjoying watching my tournament matches since I had to play 4 sets in a row and you sat and watched all of them lol, but i'll def play you next time.

Also it was REALLY gay how I had to CONTINOUSLY PLAY one set after the other, technically it was 5 sets since of the Fuzz two sets thing.

J3ly
Smakis
VA
Fuzz
Fuzz again.

VA

Smash Hero
It was 3-0 in the final set? And you beat me 3-0 in LFs.

I feel very defeated after this tournament. I let myself down when it really counted. Prof our first set was janky as hell with so many mistakes and stuff.

Just to let you know, fuzzy 3 stocked me and killed me with side b just before I had to play you. I saw him walk away with the smuggest grin ever and my heart sank. I felt the edwin inside me telling me to flake and that I had no hope. I had edwins voice in my head all through my set with prof saying "no hope". That's a joke btw I just honestly did feel like I couldn't win. Not to detract from your win prof but really I was thinking you would beat him after last time and I would fail. You really deserved to win, I always knew you were good, even when you lost to joanna dark.

On a more general note. The way GT4 was run can only be described as a bit of a mess. Brackets are not worked out fairly, it runs late every time and people just do what they want the whole time. Charles doesn't have the loudest or most commanding of voices, so next time if it's ok I'd like to co-run or help out or whatever, officially.

On the general skill in the UK. It's boring, you're all blah. Yeah some of you are looking better, but why can't anyone beat the top 3? The reason we lack hype and crowd to watch matches like chrisboi vs prof is because we want to see upsets. No one really gives a **** about fuzzy vs prof or me vs fuzzy. There were like 5 people watching WFs :/ If we want hype then you all have to step up even more.

At Tamoo: I heard you asked to get me in your bracket? If so I think this is very lame. I've played you many times in tournament.

Anyway, like I said. I'm really defeated after this tournament. I have some things to consider. I'll probably see the response to this post and come back from time to time. But I plan to give this a bit of a rest until I finish my uni term.

Love all of you babezes. Keep up the good work and stuff.

P.S especially love swizzy and beast, swizzy's CGs are da bes.

EDIT: removed some mean rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom