• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
SmashGT4 Melee Tournament

Date: 20th November
Venue: London, Same as monthlies
[/B]Venue Fee: £3/4 most likely

EVEN IF YOU ARE COMING JUST TO SPECTATE OR PLAY FRIENDLIES YOU MUST STILL PAY THE VENUE FEE!

Saturday:

Venue open from 13:30 -> 22:00 (Venue will be cleared starting from 21:30)
Signups: 14:00-> 14:20 (I'm going to be very strict on this) (Please can you bring correct change, it's very frustrating)

Melee Doubles Start: 14:30
Singles Pools/Brackets Start: As soon as doubles are over, possibly inbetween

- Melee Doubles - £5 entry each
- Melee Singles - £5 entry
I'm going to run this very strictly, if you come late this time I wont sign you up, I will start the tournaments at 2:30pm most likely which means sign-ups will be before that, this does not mean arrive at 2:30pm because I will still not sign you up after I have everyone else done and all ready to go.

TRAVEL EARLY, DON'T BE LAZY

Also I will keep the singles bracket up on a monitor so you can look, if you are not playing your matches then I will get very pissed off because we have limited time for both doubles + singles. If you want a good finished tournament you have to keep the bracket going, don't rely on me for this, all I can do is call outs every now and then. My other way around this is to disqualify people if they are not playing their games within 5-10 mins

Index: Cant find what you want to find? use Ctrl+F and the code to find stuff

Location, Directions [LRB1]
Tournament Rules: [LRB2]
Group Stages Format: [LRB3]
Double Elimination Brackets Format: [LRB4]
General Smash Rules: [LRB5]
Melee Specific notes: [LRB7]
Venue FAQ[LRB8]

Location, Travel Info [LRB1]

Postcode: IG5 0SX
    Use www.multimap.com and type in IG5 0SX to get a pretty specific map of where it is
  • Directions by Train and Bus

www.tfl.gov.uk

London Underground Train - Central Line (eastbound) get to Gants Hill (Hainault/Woodford via newbury park train)

Then you get out of one side of the station and you should see a "Cash Converters" shop somewhere Which has a 128 bus stop outside
    you take the 128, it goes into barkingside high street (you'll see a macdonalds on your left = barkingside) and takes a left turn, get off at the stop where there is a small shop called "CostCutters" its like 3/4 stops past barkingside (after the left turn)

- I advice ask the bus driver for Kelvedon Lodge, or a bus stop past Barkingside beside Costcutters

then you walk out the bus obviously, head right..take the first left, then the first left again and you see the venue called "TipTree Communial Hall"
    (its like 1 min from the stop)

You can also take the 128 bus from Barkingside on the opposite side of the road of subway on the high street (not towards gants hill)

Tournament Rules [LRB2]

The Tournament will be split into 2 stages. Group Stages then a Double Elimination Bracket, you will only get Ranbat points once you get into the Double Elimination so fight for it!
  • You are expected to bring your own controller, if your gamecube pad SOMEHOW breaks in the middle of your match and you dont have a spare, then you will forfeit the match. believe me this HAS happened so check your pad
  • If you aint there when its your turn, you will automatically forfeit the match. However we understand you MIGHT have a life, so we will give you 10 minutes but when you hold people up, no ones happy about it
  • You forfeit the match if you press the Start button, but what you should really do is turn the option off...
Group Stages [LRB3]

Group Stages (also known as Pools) will be the first stage, which are like qualifiers for the real tournament.
  • All the players will be divided into seperate groups.
  • Top players currently in the Leaderboard will be spread out to each group
  • Group Stages are BO3
  • The players with the top highest wins in that group will progress or qualify for the Double Elimination Bracket (If there is a Tie, a Tiebreaker game will be played.
Double Elimination Brackets Format: [LRB4]

Double elimination brackets are kinda like, normal tournament brackets you see in the tournament mode in the Smash game. However this certain type of bracket has advantages over the normal one. You get 2 lives and the results are more fair due to this
  • Players will be put into a Double elimination bracket
  • The players who win the most matches in their groups will be spread away from each other
  • Matches will be First to 2 (or Best out of 3)
  • Guys, even if you lose the first match, you can still get to the finals, just that if you get straight wins you get to the finals quicker.
  • Melee Singles + Doubles Winners Quarter Finals onward are BO5
  • Melee Singles + Doubles Losers Semis and Losers Final are BO5
  • Melee Singles + Doubles Grand Finals BO5, then BO7
General Smash Rules: [LRB5]

Smash is very unique game so it has its own set of rules. Please dont whine about the rules especially if its about the SmashBall.
  • 'First Character Picking' will be done in a method called BLIND PICKING. You basically write your character on a piece of paper (or phone or something) and hide it till your opponent is done then REVEAL. Then pick the character that you wrote. This rule is in place to stop people from waiting for the opponent to pick just to counter.

[*]Melee: First Stage is Stage Striking

How Stage Striking Works

First you choose characters! Then you play 1 game of rock/paper/scissors with your opponent.

The winner can strike a stage from the 5 random. Then the loser strikes 2 stages followed by the winner striking 1 more stage. One stage from the random stages will remain, and this stage will be played for the first match.
  • Items are off, this includes Brawl, we dont tail EVO
  • Daves Stupid Rule: This rule will be in effect, you basically cant CHOOSE a stage you have already won on, if you get to choose. This prevents a match that looks like, FD,Yoshi,Mute City,Yoshi,Mute City
  • Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling
Melee Specific notes: [LRB7]

Stage Rulings:

Random/Neutral Stages (Stage Striking)

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Battlefield
Yoshi Story

Counterpick Stages:

Fountain of Dreams

All Random stages can be used as counterpick as well
Everything else is BANNED

Venue FAQ [LRB8]
The venue itself is huge, it can hold more than 60 people easily and possibly up to 100..it has heating, electricity, a kitchen, toilets, chairs, tables and a t.v provided.

RULES:
- Please watch the door incase strangers come in and cause trouble
- Be nice to everyone
- NO MESS, especially chewing gum
- NO SMOKING
- NO DRINKING
- Be formal and on time, no holding up matches
- Please can everyone work together as security to make sure no strangers or trouble makers walk in (the venue has been known to have dodgy people around)
- Only bring what is necessary (Pad, Console, Money for food etc) don't bring anything that can attract to affect you if stolen

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Reserved

Nice i might come down.

Also why is Yoshis a CP? Its way more neutral than PS1

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Charles obviously pasted the old stagelist from ages ago, there's no way Yoshi's is CP while PS/FoD are legal.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
That stage list is silly IF it's true which I don't think it is.
Just as long as PS and YS are legal that's all that matters really.

BTW PS isn't really that unbalanced lol, no character's are heavily disadvantaged like on YS and FoD so as long as that remains Neutral then I am ok. :)

Jolteon

That stage list is silly IF it's true which I don't think it is.
Just as long as PS and YS are legal that's all that matters really.

BTW PS isn't really that unbalanced lol, no character's are heavily disadvantaged like on YS and FoD so as long as that remains Neutral then I am ok. :)
LOOOL you're so gay.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Pokemon stadium is gay though, the rock part and the fire part just waste like 30 seconds each time they come round.

gm jack

Smash Lord
27th is better for me. Near the end of term so I have no lectures, just a pain. 4th I come home from uni and it's my mums birthday. Might be pushing my luck to get them to pick up my stuff so I can go via london.

27th is now better for me, but I'm not definite either way.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Do we finish term by the 4th? Dayum that's fast.

EDIT: Jokes I get residency till the 12th, so either date is fine (though I'd rather it sooner than later, as to possibly shove in a quick monthly in mid-dec?).

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
i may come to this depends when i've got my mocks and exams though

but if i do i will **** and hopefully not choke, which i always seem to do

Jolteon

what's 'not fair' about kongo jungle (in perspective of a counterpick)?

Jolteon

there's nothing really wrong with kongo, it's just a counterpick and as far as counterpicks go it's a really neutered one.

ideally I'd want the cp list for a national to be: ps/brinstar/kj64/rainbow cruise, but in the end its your choice. still though not allowing kongo is pretty ridiculous.

VA

Smash Hero
no they aren't, KJ and Brinstar are legit. The rest are not. The apex rule set allowed both of those and when you think about it, it makes sense. Otherwise I feel restricted when people ban DL64 and I have no where else to go.

It's necessary for us peach/ganon mains to have KJ and Brinstar legal please.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Prof - Charles just do the normal stages, no bullcrap stages please...

Kongo Jungle is the furthest to be letting allowed, but definitely not Brinstar and KJ...

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
AD are you gonna mm me at this if i happen to go? because i know you were really scared of doing so at the monthly and the fact that you were crying after you lost to PMS! LOL!

rustediron

Smash Lord
Imma go pichu if I ever meet Willz in tourn, I'm scared of being arrested for ****** him too hard =/

Prof - Charles just do the normal stages, no bullcrap stages please...

Kongo Jungle is the furthest to be letting allowed, but definitely not Brinstar and KJ...
Errr...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah......definitely not both of them stages on......since VA said add on Brinstar and Kongo Jungle and that's clearly not a fair stage selection, so I said MAYBEEEEE add on Kongo Jungle but not Brinstar and KJ..

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
wait, prof you told me wobbling was allowed, no point in me practicing it if it aint... somehow we NEVER get to do crew battles, OOC vs any crew, hopefully the attendants will be Myself, Prof, The Lust, Gantz and The Last Dragon.

AD are you gonna mm me at this if i happen to go? because i know you were really scared of doing so at the monthly and the fact that you were crying after you lost to PMS! LOL!
sure thing kid

rustediron

Smash Lord
wait, prof you told me wobbling was allowed, no point in me practicing it if it aint... somehow we NEVER get to do crew battles, OOC vs any crew, hopefully the attendants will be Myself, Prof, The Lust, Gantz and The Last Dragon.

Wobbling is fine, and Me and Dave will be up for eating up your stocks any day :)

VA

Smash Hero
Kongo Jungle and Brinstar are legit counter picks. There are already too many neutral ****s that put match ups not in favour of peach.

Anyway I don't care about them being on and off, I only pick neutrals anyway. The fact is at apex I felt like ti was a solid ruleset that was fair and widely accepted as being so. I dunno though, do whatever cos in the end it doesn't affect me.

Jolteon

Yeah......definitely not both of them stages on......since VA said add on Brinstar and Kongo Jungle and that's clearly not a fair stage selection, so I said MAYBEEEEE add on Kongo Jungle but not Brinstar and KJ..
Why isn't it fair? lol

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
because lava benefits floaty chars more? Its a limited movement stage? how is it far? -_- some chars cant do **** on it where others are EZ mode on it

KJ is too big seriously, its a joke and benefits campers + fast chars, longer recovery moves and air stalling moves to get that stupid barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom