• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamoo

Smash Master
prof: I agree it should be done like that, and Alex def needs to get in on the seedings

J3ly: Also, never play friendlies cos I'm afraid? Seriously lol, i play with jiggs if asked, otherwise I'll use a character I have more fun playing thankyou very much, cos I couldn't care less about winning friendlies. I also always give ppl advice on how to play jiggs, like GM Jack etc and I fully intend to train certain ppl (X1-12) into never losing against jiggs of my standard.

Also, you weren't exactly subdued when you beat me that one time. In fact I remember you were elated. I think you care more about a victory than you let on. Everyone cares about a victory. I'm sure brado cared about beating Deathgazer and likewise Deathgazer cared about beating Swizzy.

And lol sorry but you cannot fool me into thinking that you are unbiased, and I sure hope you can't fool Fuzzy cos that would be dissapointing

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool I don't care about winning this tournament Tamoo :)

also thanks for agreeing with my method, I truly think it helps gets community unity (rhymes lol :bee:) but mostly will get a fair and community approved list, and of course if better people come then people will just get switched which will be fairly easy.

j3ly

Smash Champion
tamoo - i was happy i FINALLY managed to beat any jiggly in my first single of all time. thats BIG news when you have never ever ever ever beaten a char before, and think the matchup has ruined the game for you. beating you represented the possiblity of eventually becomming UK no.1, becuase i thought i'd never win.

ofc ater ****** you with doc i know if i really want to win badly, i can still toy with you before switching chars.

:)

deathgazer knew he would beat swizzy from weeks ago, so did I lol. unreal came close to taking a game off swiz with falco, so i knew deathgazer would do it np.

also, deathgazer didnt give a toss over losing to brado - everybdoy knows dgzr is better, and it was only an upset. this is demonstrated by deathgazer outplacing brado, so clearly the victory meant nothing atall to anybody BUT brado.

GZ brado tho(what can i say the guy can rest). dgzr is sooooooooo hard :s

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah def how it should be done, you three and maybe VA should just get on msn like the night before or something and you could probs whip up a pretty good list.

And **** you, gimme your tournament winnings then lol

j3ly: And yes well done in your undeserved win. How does it feel that it was undeserved? Does it hurt that that little ray of light that you could be the best is taken away because the set should have finished at best 2 of 3? And does it help you sleep at night if you just believe that you were toying with me when in fact all I had to do was take the edge final match? Or continue the **** I was providing in the third match? Well whatever works for you my man

smakis

Smash Ace
happy times, this thread can be so fun =)

though I do want to know which random player I'm going to lose to, are you still hiding someone I haven't played? =D

on something totally unrelated I still want your msn tamoo <3

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
beating you represented the possiblity of eventually becomming UK no.1, becuase i thought i'd never win.
LOOOOL There's no chance of this at all.
There's as much chance of you becoming no.1 in the UK as there is as much chance of me beating Va and Charles......OHHH wait, I did beat Va and Charles.....and didn't you guarantee that this would not take place :confused:

Oh well, that doesn't change the fact of you never being UK's no.1 is impossible.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
eventually, smash will just be learning specific players styles and trying to counter it when were all playing like robots.

What I thought of GT4:
- There were lack of TVs and I wasnt even able to set my setup.
- For the last 3 events (SNY, Monthly, GT4) Ive been sent straight to losers brackets in the first round and had to climb my way to 25th, 9th and 7th without losing another game.
- was good seeing everyone again and seeing improvement.
-I dont think ive improved during GT4, it was more like evaluating my level after playing Tesco crew only for a month after the monthly. Ive come to the conclusion that my pressuring is good. I can **** but I can also get ***** (its really momentum based)
-Id be up for going to more smashfests in the near future.
-Gooood **** prof on placing 3rd in doubles 1st in singles :) lol

Shoutouts.

Pools:

Wiggum- good games, you were doing pretty well against me in the friendlies before the pools. you should go peach next time. lol

GM Jack- Good job on taking a game off fuzzy, Remember to use needles when spacies are up Bing adjacent to the stage, then you could run towards the edge and use Dtilt or something to edge guard cos theyre most likely/ forced to use Up B again to recover. practice edgehogging => nair/ bair more for edge guards because theyre pretty useful especially when you know what move the opponent will do to recover.

X1-12- Nice falco, youve stepped up since SNY so keep it up. you have good Shine OOS so try fitting aerials after the shine, (i usually use shine bair OOS) at higher percentages against spacies, try to replace shines with Utilts to keep them in a comboing distance

Fuzzy- had a good set. sorry if i was a bit inconsiderate playing my MM when i was supposed to play the tournament game.

Brackets:

Brado- I thought I was gna lose the first game on YS and you got like 2 Uthrow rests on me lol. good job on winning the set, was so tempted to go fox or pika but id rather get beaten and learn with my falco. Next time wel have a £2 MM. who else did you lose to in tournament except X1-12?

Jolteon- lol i had to play against you again in the losers bracket. good games, and you stepped up alot. Just practice more playing under pressure. you definately deserved a higher place though

Gantz- Nice seeing you again with LD. we had a pretty intense game,

Swizzy- you chaingrabbing is too good (the chain grab on top platform of battlefield) I was feeling pretty pressured and couldnt think quick enough to which direction to DI lol. but yeh, ban FD next time.

Tesco- Good Job on the placings, (although i think PMS shouldve placed better and Unreal shouldve made it to brackets. King you need to come down more often and practice with your crew because it has helped me so much

OOC-AD definately deserved a better placing aswel.

and @ prof with the Tesco saying you cant beat Fuzzy and VA thing.
You said id get beaten by Gantz and LD. You were so certain that you said it would be ****. lol

and @Tamoo I didnt care about losing to/ winning against Brado/ Swizzy
Brado played better than i expected, and he played well so he deserved to win. I couldve went fox and the game would be different but the fact is I lost and I accept that.
I never care when I lose because smash is only a game designed for 11 years old +
If someone wins, it just means they played better in that game or you didnt do too well. Vice Versa

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
-Gooood **** prof on placing 1st in singles :) lol

and @ prof with the Tesco saying you cant beat Fuzzy and VA thing.
You said id get beaten by Gantz and LD. You were so certain that you said it would be ****. lol
looool I don't actually remember saying that for GT4 (even though i've know I said it in the past).......*** you, my win is more important lol :)

rustediron

Smash Lord
Tesco- Good Job on the placings, (although i think PMS shouldve placed better and Unreal shouldve made it to brackets. King you need to come down more often and practice with your crew because it has helped me so much

Oops. :laugh:

VA

Smash Hero
Just to clarify I've won 6/8 of the sets I've played with prof in the last year.

I've won 1/I don't know how many against fuzzy.

VA

Smash Hero
J3ly I don't know what you're on about saying I don't attend, but I've been to every single tournament that's ever been hosted while I'm in the country for over near to 4 years now...bar 1 which I had to miss due to work.

Anyway, I have a good idea of the general level of the community. When I'm at a tournament I make a considered effort to play everyone to get an idea of how they've improved and stuff (except for the people who dislike me for unsubstantiated reasons (see the guy above^^)). Also I have significantly more international experience than most people and this can help me be a little more objective on where people fit onto a larger portfolio of playstyles.

I'm very happy to help Charles out with organisation and everything from seedings to pools next tournament (not packing up though cos I have to leave to catch a train back to brighton usually :p).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
THIS IS PROFESSOR PRO

Just to clarify I've won 6/8 of the sets I've played with prof in the last year.

I've won 1/I don't know how many against fuzzy.
Your point from this lol???

Because all I know is....
Me beating you as of now/lately (also calculating the degree of the win) > Your wins the entire year

So when I beat You and Charles at the next event I will partially claim myself as being UK No.1, and then after the third win, no-one can say shit, since people will talk crap after the 2nd :)

Though I must admit im enjoying Tesco's Crew negative views towards me winning ANYTHING.
You can't beat VA
You can't beat Fuzz

You can't beat Fuzz again

Time to turn the yellow one red :)

VA

Smash Hero
lol my point is that you're readily saying you're certain you can beat me easily everytime in tournament when you only beat me once in an actual tournament situation out of something like 6 sets in real tournaments.

So I dunno, I'm basically warning you to not to get too ahead of yourself. Even though the first set was gay and we both had some immense choking going on, I still won....

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol my point is that you're readily saying you're certain you can beat me easily everytime in tournament when you only beat me once in an actual tournament situation out of something like 6 sets in real tournaments.

So I dunno, I'm basically warning you to not to get too ahead of yourself. Even though the first set was gay and we both had some immense choking going on, I still won....
How have I beat you in one set???

I've beaten you twice at previous London Monthlies and Two Nationals which were this and Phantom Hits 2....so I don't know where the you won six times and i've won once figure came up lol....

The last set we had was to me a clear example of how I know the future sets will go because I know what to do and how to do it now, same goes with Charles which is why I beat him at this event and at your smashfest, you lot claimed it didnt matter but I knew it did, which is why VERY similar results transfered to the tourn...cos I figured out certain things which other people don't see and which I shall not speak of :), so yeah, I look forward to facing you at future tournaments/event and im very confident in winning :)

VA

Smash Hero
I mean in the last year, I'm not counting overall (though since I got back from Canada I thik I'd still be ahead in our head to head count).

Anyway I feel like it's just a bit disrespectful to suddenly claim you're better. I think you played really good and deserved to win. That's all I have to say.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Ok.....well i'm very confident for my own reasons, which don't really rely on anyone agreeing except for me knowing lol :)

also does anyone know if there was a Rom 3 Livestream.....because I just saw the results thread and Dr.PP won lol....I really want to see how these matches went....and Hbox placed 5th and Mango 9th

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11669296#post11669296

Tamoo

Smash Master
the livestream was down the whole time apparantly, still got more views than your average brawl stream though lol despite only being commentary

And Kirbykaze totally ***** rom, which was particulary funny due to certain people bashing him saying he's stayed at the same level for ages

VA

Smash Hero
loool Ok.....well i'm very confident for my own reasons, which don't really rely on anyone agreeing except for me knowing lol :)

also does anyone know if there was a Rom 3 Livestream.....because I just saw the results thread and Dr.PP won lol....I really want to see how these matches went....and Hbox placed 5th and Mango 9th

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11669296#post11669296
I don't expect you to be any other way. I don't want to hear about it on boards though because it promotes **** banter, I always want to write stuff back about my wins and stuff and I just can't be bothered to talk about it.

You should feel the way you feel, but I have to restrain myself when you write about it lol. I have deleted about 20 posts I made in the last few days just because they were too inflammatory.

I respect both you and Charles, I only ask that you don't treat me as a free win :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I don't expect you to be any other way. I don't want to hear about it on boards though because it promotes **** banter, I always want to write stuff back about my wins and stuff and I just can't be bothered to talk about it.

You should feel the way you feel, but I have to restrain myself when you write about it lol. I have deleted about 20 posts I made in the last few days just because they were too inflammatory.

I respect both you and Charles, I only ask that you don't treat me as a free win :)
I don't look at you as a free win lol, I just feel really confident about me winning (espesh if im playing on point) and then just add the cockiness on the end like I always have for the last 3 years of me being on these boards lol.

I don't think I should feel I should restrain myself from talking about winning, there isn't a set way I or anyone should act and I find it fun, plus with the people who were chatting shit about me prior the tournament, gives me huge pleasure to rub it in their face without them being able to say much back or john for the people I beat.

You shouldn't delete your post, just say what you want to say and plus as always do it for the luls. :)

VA

Smash Hero
No I should, because I don't like it.

But yeah you carry on the way you like.

Just remember, I'm switching to marth lol.

VA

Smash Hero
it's not all about you.

But yeah it may make your life easier in the short run, but in the long run....****!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOOOL In no way will it change in the long run.

But I don't think it's nice to take away from people's dreams so I will let you dellusionally dream it out while I remain in the reality of knowing it would NEVER happen or work.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool I honestly don't think he was being serious.
If he was then he won't be using Marth against me, FOR SURE (with the sense of winning anyway).

loool @ Smakis, and thanks AmcD, was kind of an easy win on my behalf :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom