• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

NamiNami

Smash Apprentice
Eclipsing Binary is going?! Looking forward to seeing all the epic friendlies recorded on cam :bee:
Indeed :bee:

So UK's arriving on tuesday, cool. Me and some other Finns are there already on Monday, would be nice to spend some time with you guys. And Deathgazer's confirmed!? **** yeah. Can't wait to play Falco dittos with him :bee:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I know you've heard this a lot PP

gj on your win last tournament, thought Jason had you. The thing about him stalling is pretty bad indeed :/ tournaments need to be more strict to avoid that

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thanks dood =)

yeah that annoyed me more than anything else, but I'm hoping something changes for him and he doesn't do that anymore soon.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Any chance that Smasher's Reunion will become a Road to Apex Qualifier? I think it should. =)

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
any updates on the confirmed list? i would like to know who's coming.. though i would book my tickets with timi next week.. maybe we get ~2 other austrians to come with us as well

EDIT: we probably stay for a week.. would be cool if we could stay at the mentioned hotel with the deal :)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
The site is not up yet, but those who have pre-ordered tickets at www.geekevents.org can book hotel rooms by sending a mail to tonberry@smashersreunion.com. What I need to know is: Who's responsible, and who's sharing the room. Remember that a maximum of 4 guys can share a room at once.

Example of a mail to book a hotel room with:
I'd like to order a room!
We are:
Tonberry (responsible)
Madlobster
Herp
Derp

Also I can't stress this enough: You MUST order tickets online to get seeding for pools and a discounted entrance fee. The online ordering is closing the 3rd of July, so make sure you do this before that date. Please spread the word!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i was only trying to help everyone with the buddy passes, it just doesn't work for europe or that area of europe unfortunately (not my fault and i didn't know this), i was honestly just trying to help all you guys out but it feels like i get hate for it (more so in other thread from what leffen said) even though i had really good intentions from the start -.-

also i wasn't trying to stall i wanted to be ready before we fought to set would be good, sorry if u think i was doing it w/ different intentions, i even got off off ledge instead of attempting to plank because after pp sighed (while i was planking) i felt bad and even if i had won, lit would not have been the way that i wanted at all so i didn't try it at all anymore that game

u can say im johning all u want but everything ive said so far has actually been the truth

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
The housing venue is rented! Everyone who needs a place to stay at from the 9th to the 13th and the 16th to 17th can do so free of charge. This offer is only for the ones that have booked tickets online. I will need a complete list of people who need housing, so make sure you mention the people you are traveling with (if they need housing as well). The housing venue has plenty of showers, so don't worry about that. You will have to bring sleeping bags and food though, as I can't provide this. PM me if you need housing.

Address: Lillovegen 3b, 2073 BØN.

You'll still have to take the train to Eidsvoll Verk. Either we find a way to pick you up, or you can take a 30 minute walk to get there :)
Google maps will help you!

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
and 13-15th has free housing at the venue, with the option to live at the hotel for 200nok per person?
No. There is no housing at the housing venue between the 13th and the 15th. Also there is a limited amount of space there, and it's not close to the tournament venue by foot. Like 10 minutes by car.

Thus you should go for the hotel rooms if you can afford it. Alternatively you can sleep in the smash venue where the tournament is held, but I really hope those who can afford it will sleep at the hotel, because it's the main income for the owners of the venue, and we will not be able to rent this venue later if no one's using that offer.

Edit: If you ment the tournament venue, then yes, people can sleep there if they cannot afford the hotel rooms.

Armada

Smash Lord
I think he meant the tournament venue :p

But yeah like Tonberry said iti s really important that people actually get hotel rooms. Ofc a Pound V won't/can't happen but this venue/hotel is such a great deal for the smash community and it is our responsibillity to actually take care of opportunities like this cause they don't come around that often.

I will book a room tomorrow I think.
So hyped for this!

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Yeah I guess so. From what I understand, the hotel deal is only during the tournament and the day after, so 3 nights.

I've booked my planeticket :D

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Fuzzyness
Jolteon
Yeniths
Deathgazer
Alpha Dash
DDIZ

We'll need housing from the 10th -> 13th and maybe during the event if its possible at that venue :x the hotel is so expensive (unless someone can house us which would be amazing)

we'll pay online soon

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Fuzzyness
Jolteon
Yeniths
Deathgazer
Alpha Dash
DDIZ

We'll need housing from the 10th -> 13th and maybe during the event if its possible at that venue :x the hotel is so expensive (unless someone can house us which would be amazing)

we'll pay online soon
You can sleep in the venue during the event, if you cannot afford a hotel room :)

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
The housing venue is rented! Everyone who needs a place to stay at from the 9th to the 13th and the 16th to 17th can do so free of charge. This offer is only for the ones that have booked tickets online. I will need a complete list of people who need housing, so make sure you mention the people you are traveling with (if they need housing as well). The housing venue has plenty of showers, so don't worry about that. You will have to bring sleeping bags and food though, as I can't provide this. PM me if you need housing.

Address: Lillovegen 3b, 2073 BØN.

You'll still have to take the train to Eidsvoll Verk. Either we find a way to pick you up, or you can take a 30 minute walk to get there :)
Google maps will help you!
Jon_***
Dmlg
Zettroxx
PST
Ice

we need that help thx

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
I won't be able to come to this, I'll be working this summer and can't negociate a break around this week end.

Good luck to all, I'll be watching you.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I was so hyped for Javi, but seems like he's not coming due to economical issues.
Traveling from Mexico to Norway is daymn expensive. I heard it costs like 2000$ or something.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah plus he has school now which puts him even more behind money wise.

NamiNami

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious who's providing the live stream and recording as it seems like AJP cannot get his setup here. I'm not a good streamer myself but I might be able to bring my laptop and 2 capture cards for recording. It's basically all about the security; I don't want to spend the whole event watching after my stuff instead of playing with a lot of new people and all that.

Anyway, do you have an estimated number of TVs for this event, Tonb3rry? You said you're going to get a lot of setups on your own, hope we have enough in total. Considering this is a big event a projector or two would be pretty vital. Anyone who can get one?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I could do it if you wanted me to, by then Ill have some good stream options

already got all the hardware, HD PVR, 2 mics for commentary with a mixer, £400 Laptop

just needs a good internet connection, then i can stream in HD with no lag

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
You need a very good computer to be able to make HD actually look like HD. I doubt Twitch can even do the processing needed. Or can it? =)
Just skip HD for the stream and save it for Youtube instead if you must have it. Streams are always heavily bitrate-starved, unless you can afford to just "throw more bits at the problem" and risk having people not able to watch it. Lower the resolution instead to make the "per-pixel" quality better.

Top Bottom