• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
All it says is that it´s tickets, not what they cover, and that it´ll be a service fee.
Considering its not just smash at the tournament it would be nice to know what it cover before ordering.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
By booking online you get:
- An entrance ticket for 200 NOK instead of the "at the door price" of 315 NOK.
- Priority in the queue.
- Possibility to pre-order hotel rooms.
- Seeding for pools. Pools will be made before the tournament, thus we need a guarantee that the people on the list actually show up.
- You can only be confirmed when a ticket is ordered.

If you got any problems ordering tickets, contact me.

Also, I have access to see who's ordering tickets now, so no need to send me mail afterwards :)

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Booked. Thank you putting so much effort to this. There's a slight problem when paying though, when you input your card details, everything is in norwegian. It didn't bother me, but I wondered that the english speakers might find it bit tricky. The total sum for me was 219,09 NOK, which is pretty much 29 euros.

S: http://smashfinland.munpalsta.com/index.php?topic=268.msg23386#msg23386

There are five finnish people coming already on Monday the 7th and we are in need of housing.

E: 12 of us have bought plane tickets

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Booked. Thank you putting so much effort to this. There's a slight problem when paying though, when you input your card details, everything is in norwegian. It didn't bother me, but I wondered that the english speakers might find it bit tricky. The total sum for me was 219,09 NOK, which is pretty much 29 euros.

S: http://smashfinland.munpalsta.com/index.php?topic=268.msg23386#msg23386

There are five finnish people coming already on Monday the 7th and we are in need of housing.

E: 12 of us have bought plane tickets
I've not been aware of that.
There is a Norwegian and an English flag on the top left corner on the site. Did you use the English language when doing this? If not: any chance that someone can post a picture so I can translte it? :p Alternatively you can use google translate :p

VilNess

Smash Champion
Online ticket booking not working currently,page down? anyone else has this problem?

EDIT_ Nevermind, it works now.

EDIT: online booking succeeded, plane ticket already bought months ago... I`M READY TO ROCK! :D

Willy OD

Smash Rookie
Just a few questions, when i tried to sign up on the website there were 2 required fields, Zip Code and Postal Place, and i never saw "postal place" before (and zip code is for US right ?). In France we just have a "Postal code" and nothing else. Does this fit in the Zip Code or Postal Place field ? And what should we do with the other required field ?
Beside, do I really have to enter all of these informations (will the tickets be send to my place, or just by email ?) ?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Just a few questions, when i tried to sign up on the website there were 2 required fields, Zip Code and Postal Place, and i never saw "postal place" before (and zip code is for US right ?). In France we just have a "Postal code" and nothing else. Does this fit in the Zip Code or Postal Place field ? And what should we do with the other required field ?
Beside, do I really have to enter all of these informations (will the tickets be send to my place, or just by email ?) ?
Zipcode and Postal Code are the same. Also, I guess the place you live in has a name. Lyon for example. Use that as postal city :)
I hope that answered your questions. If not, tell me what else you need help with, and I'll help you.

SaiX

Smash Apprentice
can anyone take overtriforce and me in his house?

we will arrive 11th wednesday and we will leave 18th wednesday, most probably

LLDL

Smash Hero
PP is pretty close to his goal for this, so I'm hyped to be able to finally see an American go to Europe.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Be careful Europe, it may very well be Chu Dat PP grand finals ; )

MaxThunder

PM Support
The thing won't let me order... says my visa card doesn't work... even though the 2k NOK in my account should be sufficient funds... =(...

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Announcement

Round1KO(the ones having tourneys in Street Fighter etc.) called me today, and they told me that they could not have any tourneys due to a big event in Finland which is happening at the same date as this tournament. I just thought I should tell you, as I know some guys were interested in the Street Fighter tourneys etc.

So yeah, there will only be Melee this tournament.

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
Chu Dat is going?

Damn. As an old school IC player and Chu-fan it would have been great to meet him and have a little chat. Now it starts to feel bad that I can't attend :/

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
The thing won't let me order... says my visa card doesn't work... even though the 2k NOK in my account should be sufficient funds... =(...
Well, you're listed as "paid" on the payment log now. So looks like the transaction was successful after all :)

Hara

Smash Apprentice
Might I ask how long the pre-purchase will be available before making a purchase at the door the only possible way?

Trying to get the summer budget worked out ^^

Smasher89

Smash Lord
So it wont be any super dynamic cooking time then :/
What does the prepaid fee cover, I know I asked it earlier, but does it cover entrance in singles and teams, or just venue fee?, a little bit unclear even if it mentions seeding^^

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
Sup guys

My Friends and me are about too Book for this but there is One Small Problem we ( Jon_***, Däumling89 ,Zettrox and me ) Need to Find some housing from wednesday to friday and Sunday - monday . We want to Book asap but without anyone that is so nice to house us we take a realy Big Risk cause we Low on Money so hotel is Not à Option for us to stay at the days before the Réunion and afterwards too

Soo we Hope someone can help us

Thx

:phone:

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Sup guys

My Friends and me are about too Book for this but there is One Small Problem we ( Jon_***, Däumling89 ,Zettrox and me ) Need to Find some housing from wednesday to friday and Sunday - monday . We want to Book asap but without anyone that is so nice to house us we take a realy Big Risk cause we Low on Money so hotel is Not à Option for us to stay at the days before the Réunion and afterwards too

Soo we Hope someone can help us

Thx

:phone:
You are allowed to sleep in the venue, like any other tournament :)
I'll see if I can rent a venue for everybody to stay before and after the tournament.
I see that a lot of people needs housing, so I guess I have no choice there. I'll fix something. Don't worry :)

So it wont be any super dynamic cooking time then :/
What does the prepaid fee cover, I know I asked it earlier, but does it cover entrance in singles and teams, or just venue fee?, a little bit unclear even if it mentions seeding^^
It does not include singles and teams. Just the entrance.

Might I ask how long the pre-purchase will be available before making a purchase at the door the only possible way?

Trying to get the summer budget worked out ^^
The pre-purchase will close 10 days before the tournament starts :)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
have you considered making Project M a part of this? maybe a small bracket for whoever is interested?
Actually I have. But the only part we would have time for this is like 3 hours after the teams bracket has started. Nothing is decided yet, though.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
For those that would like to experience some of the Norwegian nature, the possibilities are endless. I hope some people would be interested in spending some time or moneyon this, and for those I have one tip(ask me and I might have tons of others): Take the 6 hour train from Oslo to the town of Åndalsnes in north-western Norway. You can buy the train ticket early for 26 - 40€ one way(and I mean rather asap! They're raising) www.nsb.no. It's a valley stretching out to a fjord, and the mountains are huge, many and really spectacular. It's ideal, but what's more ideal is that there's also a mountain festival going on there right before the tournament(8th - 15th july). There's tons of possibilities for hiking with amazing view, and for climing and other mountain activities. You can sleep in a tent in the camping lot or rent a cabin, or I might find other options. If you wanna see the famous Geiranger fjord(search it up) it's also possible from there as a day-trip with a 3 hour bus. I cannot promise that I will lead this stuff cause of my occupations, but I'll be happy to help out.

The valley of Romsdalen, with mountains up to 1850 moh nearly right up from sea level

Me chilling out. You see the Romsdalsfjord, that's where the small town Åndalsnes lies

Armada

Smash Lord
Tonberry: You should talk to someone from every country so they can try to organize the trip. I think way more players will show up if you do that.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
So I've planned a roadtrip in Norway, and I'd like some input from Norwegians if there's some important places I've missed.

A 1699 characters long Google maps URL. The letter locations are a little arbitrary, I just tried to follow some recommended routes, so don't think of them as anything special.
edit: new map

Photos from this route. As you can see I like nature more than cities/towns =).
- After C: Image 1, Image2
- After E: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4 ("known as the world's most beautiful car journey")
- Between F and G: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3
- After G: Image 1, Image 2
- Before H: Image 1, Image 2
- After I: Image (worlds longest road tunnel)
- After J: Image 1, Image 2
- Around K: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4
- Before L: Image (AAHH!!)
- Before M: Image 1, Image 2
- After M: Image 1, Image 2 (may have to chicken out last minute, 1km drop...)

Top Bottom