• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
Dude, I'm so spamming the entire community to go to this...
I made a little calculation and if every country (including USA) steps it up, it's gonna beat ESA2 (which was 234 iirc)
Basically, I think 30 Smashers from France Will be able to come... And if every active country does the same, it's all good !
Tonberry, I wanna help out on this, can you let me advertise and then help at the tournament itself? I have TO experience and I'm good at motivating people !

For ESA2 to be such a success (attendancy wise) I went and talked to players that represented communities, and others that didn't, to tell them how amazing this would be ! I can do it again even though my popularity isn't the same as it was back in 2007/2008.
I think everyone should do that anyway, especially players that are popular and well known such as Armada, zgetto, faab, aldwyn, ice, etc... I bet slhoka will help you aswell !

All in all, I am very very VERY excited and hyped for this tournament already... And I hope that everyone in the world (not just Europe) is aswell.
Hence why I wanna contribute to this amazing to be event.

Also, I want to say that I think the Melee community is gonna last forever... I mean it guys. Just look at that. There is no reason in the world why it would suddenly stop. Even better, I think the Melee community can re-become as strong as it was in 2008 in Europe. ESA2 was in february, I don't even know how that many people were able to come ! This one is in the summer... I really have huge hopes. Let's break a record and have 300 people come just for Melee ! It's doable ! It sounds crazy but it's not !

This tournament is what I call a huge opportunity for us. Tonberry, make a donation option as soon as you can, I'd be ready to throw in a 100 € just to make sure you can buy enough set ups. And I'm sure others can / are willing to make a little donation to make this happen the way it should happen : big stuff.

Btw, drpp will try to come :)

:phone:

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I wanna thank everybody for your kind words. I won't disappoint you!

Dude, I'm so spamming the entire community to go to this...
I made a little calculation and if every country (including USA) steps it up, it's gonna beat ESA2 (which was 234 iirc)
Basically, I think 30 Smashers from France Will be able to come... And if every active country does the same, it's all good !
Tonberry, I wanna help out on this, can you let me advertise and then help at the tournament itself? I have TO experience and I'm good at motivating people !

For ESA2 to be such a success (attendancy wise) I went and talked to players that represented communities, and others that didn't, to tell them how amazing this would be ! I can do it again even though my popularity isn't the same as it was back in 2007/2008.
I think everyone should do that anyway, especially players that are popular and well known such as Armada, zgetto, faab, aldwyn, ice, etc... I bet slhoka will help you aswell !

All in all, I am very very VERY excited and hyped for this tournament already... And I hope that everyone in the world (not just Europe) is aswell.
Hence why I wanna contribute to this amazing to be event.

Also, I want to say that I think the Melee community is gonna last forever... I mean it guys. Just look at that. There is no reason in the world why it would suddenly stop. Even better, I think the Melee community can re-become as strong as it was in 2008 in Europe. ESA2 was in february, I don't even know how that many people were able to come ! This one is in the summer... I really have huge hopes. Let's break a record and have 300 people come just for Melee ! It's doable ! It sounds crazy but it's not !

This tournament is what I call a huge opportunity for us. Tonberry, make a donation option as soon as you can, I'd be ready to throw in a 100 € just to make sure you can buy enough set ups. And I'm sure others can / are willing to make a little donation to make this happen the way it should happen : big stuff.

Btw, drpp will try to come :)

:phone:
Thank you very much, JD. This means a lot to me!
Actually I was planning to ask Slhoka to be an assisting TO at this tournament, but I'm more than interested in having both of you helping me out! Could you ask him for me? I'll put you both on my list of organizers if you can confirm :)
Again, thank you so much! This is ment to be the tournament to represent the European smash community, and I really hope a lot of people will show up when we basicly got unlimited space!

I might put up a fund to donate for setups later, if people are interested. At this point I'm buying setups with my own money, but having a fund could actually be a great idea! That would mean money for even more setups ^^ You never get enough of that stuff!

Note: I'll update the list of organizers and attendees tonight. I'm pretty busy today =(

EDIT: BY ALL MEANS, advertise as much as you want! That will be most appreciated! ^^

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
I agree with JD on this. I think the smash community will last more or less forever. And i also hope that everyone tries to make this the best tournament to date, just as JD said if bigwig players like Armada and Zgetto can drag more people in to this, then we can do something incredible here i think. I love all the smashers around Europe, and i hope to see everyone again as soon as possible.

Im so psyched about this i almost cant even work properly today im going out of my mind here :D
It would be incredible to have 30 french guys coming over, you guys are so awesome <3.
I love that you are taking so much initiative JD, i have really high hopes for this torunament, i cant wait!

And yeah a donation option would be good, i would also like to contribute to that. And i think that there might be some others that feel the same way.

This is also a great chance for people outside Europe to come over as well, show us what you got!

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
WAT gotta find my Melee disc now

Unless I'm ooc at the time I'll be there for sure

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Norway represent Chiko! no reason not to come, a simple train trip to eidsvoll verk. Its like 5 minutes on the regional train from the airport. Easy peasy lemon sqeezy

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
Interested from Austria:

Pasi
Norm/Felicinho/Sagl (this guy is changing his nickname all dai)
Timi
kiw1 (me)

probably:
1337man_dan
Ares

Luma

Smash Lord
if i go you can count on my support aswell tonberry, sadly you've never been to one of my tournaments but i guess out of our conversations you know i got some hosting skills (and also great influence on the german community ^^) so even if i wont go, i can still help getting some germans there and aswell try to help with the seeding/whatever i can do from here

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Actually I was planning to ask Slhoka to be an assisting TO at this tournament, but I'm more than interested in having both of you helping me out! Could you ask him for me? I'll put you both on my list of organizers if you can confirm :)
Great ! I always wanted to gather some of the best european TOs to host a MASSIVE tournament, so I obviously want to help. Even if it turns out I can't attend the tournament, I'll make my best to help organizing it prior to the tournament.
I'm not so good at hyping people for a tournament, but I can definitely help planning it.

I really hope this event will gather more players than ESA2 so that people have a good memory of the biggest european event.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Woho, first time i get to meet the people from Austria . So good to see people all over europe rallying for a big tournament once again. I never went to France to the big one there. So im looking forward to playing people from all over the world this time <3

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
Its very cool to see so much enthusiasm from all over the place! If we can keep this hype going, its gonna be off the freaking hook!

I am donating a pretty hefty sum of cash myself, for a prize pool and setups. I think the entire Norwegian community want to dedicate as much as they can to make this an unforgettable event world wide! This is gigantic, even on a global scale.

Hope the respective communities start practicing alot for this tournament, i know for sure that the Norwegian scene will have a big boost in tournaments now, so we can get our players in top shape. I cant wait to meet all you guys! Its gonna be crazy!

pheX

Smash Apprentice
Wooooow this seems insane! Might be a great chance for the Americans to visit Europe. I am defintely interested in this one. Great way to come back to the comunity tonbery! :)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
WOW! Thank you for all the support and hype! So much hype in less than 24 hours is just amazing! I knew I could count on you, guys! I will not disappoint you; this WILL be the best tournament ever! And your support helps me a lot!

I love you all! You are like a second family to me!

All I can say in front of this much awesomeness is PORCO DIO B4STARDO INCULATO DA TRE TIGRI!!!!
I approve this message! :bee:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Space for 2500? What the ****? o_o

Venue looks absolutely amazing, I'm gonna try and organise a uk trip to this ^^

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Put me on the interested list. I haven't been to an out of country tourney since TSL4, August 2009 and I've never been to Norway! :O

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Oh my GOD! O_o
Unless I contract some terminal illness, I'm practically confirmed. Gonna practice like a madman for this!
Also, I would be happy to donate a couple of 100 SEK for the sake of more setups, for instance. Keep us posted about donations options! =)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Add brawl
Not gonna happen, sorry.

Since you plan to add other fighting games to the event you might aswell add brawl and unite everyone
I've given another competitive fighting community the opportunity to have an own tournament in this venue. However, those events have nothing to do with
my tournament, except for the fact that they are allowed to use the venue.

I will not add Brawl to this of the simple reason that I want to give a global focus on Melee, and I want to organize a tourney in a game that i truly believe in.
I always give 150% to make the organizing of my tournaments as close to perfect as possible. That would not have been possible with a game that I do
not have either interest or faith in. So yeah, this is a Melee event, and it is to honor what I consider the best fighting game ever. Not to ruin anyone's dreams
or something, but I will not have any Brawl tournament on this tourney, and probably not on any tourneys i host in the future. I'm sorry.

I will however allow people to play Brawl-friendlies, if they wish so.

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
Since you plan to add other fighting games to the event you might aswell add brawl and unite everyone
To clearify: Tonberry will have nothing to do with running the other torunaments in other games. We are simply allowed to host our tournaments in the same venue, but we will supply everything we need for ourselfes. If someone takes full responsibility to host a Brawl tournament at the venue and supply their own gear and crew, i would suggest emailing Tonberry and ask if you can get a corner, like we have :)

edit: Tonberry beat me to it =(

J03

Smash Master
This looks, hands down, the best tournament venue EVER!

The UK is looking pretty interested and may well have around 10 people coming

EDIT: very interested!

Top Bottom