• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

.NRG

Smash Rookie
Interested

I'm Stivo from Germany.

I'm already so ****ing hyped!

Bose

Den lengste kølla
3DS FC
5086-2001-6359
Oh my God, Norway stepping up from the mud! I'm so ****ing hyped for this! Will attend. Now I'm certain that the Norwegian community will improve like hell, and put up a way better showing to the rest of you next summer. I think this tournament is a result of Beast + Norway. When they make children, a far more beastly tournament is born. <3

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
İm so hyped sign me in :D

I'm gonna train for this like an gestörter ..

:phone:

pheX

Smash Apprentice
İm so hyped sign me in :D

I'm gonna train for this like an gestörter ..

:phone:

Haha Ice :D

Yeah this deserves so much hype. I think its our responsibility to the comunity to hype everyone for this and get as many people as possible to confirm. I'll try my best to get many Germans confirmed.

Staco

Smash Champion
Wait, you book this super big venue, just to make it melee only (or maybe add a random other game, which almost nobody from the smash com has to do with) and kind of waste the free venue space? :/
Do you think the later tourneys such as Apex, Genesis, Pound etc. would have been that successful (that much attendance) if it wasn´t for adding both games (or even all three smash games)?

It´s your decision, but you should seriously think about it.
If you put Brawl in the lineup the melee com will also highly benefit from it, because there are players, who play both games or who would only come, if it´s both games.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Adding Brawl would also require hella setups, and the Brawl community is as far as I know nonexistent in Norway... which means the tourney would have to rely on the Melee community to bring additional Wii's and TV's

Jonas

Smash Champion
I'm very interested. Might just play some SSFIV as well :)

I agree with not adding Brawl btw, unless someone else steps in to host a Brawl tournament. It's just too much hassle to host an entire tournament for a game you don't even like.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Wait, you book this super big venue, just to make it melee only (or maybe add a random other game, which almost nobody from the smash com has to do with) and kind of waste the free venue space? :/
Do you think the later tourneys such as Apex, Genesis, Pound etc. would have been that successful (that much attendance) if it wasn´t for adding both games (or even all three smash games)?

It´s your decision, but you should seriously think about it.
If you put Brawl in the lineup the melee com will also highly benefit from it, because there are players, who play both games or who would only come, if it´s both games.
Well, as I said before, I'm actually giving venue space to another fighting community as well, which actually hosts tourneys in all the other popular fighting games that are not in the smash genre. I'm not "adding" a random fighting game to my tournament. My tournament is Melee only, but I gave space to another dedicated community.

I know that I in overall sales wise, attendance wise and in any economic matter would benefit with adding Brawl to this tournament. But this is not about money, neither is it about Brawl. I don't want to take the Brawl discussion here, neither do I want to bash anyone by saying this, but I do PERSONALLY not consider Brawl as a good competitive fighting game, and I am a hardcore gamer. Also I do this mainly for a community I personally know.

I do think that all the later American tourneys would be at least just as successful by having Melee only. But I don't use "number of attendees" alone to determine if an event was a success or not. There are so many other factors that determines that, especially considering organizing the tournament. But I agree that they would not have just as many attendees without Brawl, but I could guess they needed as many attendees as they could get to pay their awesome venue :)

I've already said a lot about why I choose to make my tourney Melee only, so please look at previous posts if you're wondering about that. Have a nice day!

Adding Brawl would also require hella setups, and the Brawl community is as far as I know nonexistent in Norway... which means the tourney would have to rely on the Melee community to bring additional Wii's and TV's
Also a very good point!

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I've actually held 3 tournaments with Brawl the last 10 months in Norway ;_;

There is a small community here

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
So you refuse to include brawl, even if someone else hosts the events?

And as far as I know, Norway doesn't have a big ANYTHING scene. I doubt the melee scene can be much bigger than what we've gathered of brawl players over the past few years.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
So you refuse to include brawl, even if someone else hosts the events?

And as far as I know, Norway doesn't have a big ANYTHING scene. I doubt the melee scene can be much bigger than what we've gathered of brawl players over the past few years.
You don't know much then(not strange I've never seen you on any Melee tourneys). The Melee scene is actually pretty big, and we got a lot of setups. I advice you not to waste your time being salty about this being a Melee event. If you bring a Brawl setup you are more than welcome to play Brawl, but there will still be no Brawl tournament, once again.

And I think discussing Brawl in a Melee-dedicated event is pretty off-topic. Trust me, you are not getting anywhere with this, and as you can see, Melee alone got MAD hype in less than 24 hours, so we don't need Brawl.

No offence to anyone, but please quit the Brawl talk. I for one do never go into a Brawl tourney topic and demand a Melee tournament, I leave the guys alone.

I hope you can respect my choices, as I've worked hard to get this deal. Hard work can get people anywhere, and I've done this for the Melee community, and to give Melee 100% priority.

add dota2 :D
If we had awesome internet, that would be awesome =D
Looking forward to its release, for sure!

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Seriously epic... I was waiting for this kind of thing to happen in Norway. This is what is needed for the Norwegian smash community to shine again!

Good stuff Tonberry!

Me and (possibly) Neasala are interested...

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
Here, have a chillpill. I just find it weird that you want a focus on melee, so you're banning brawl related events, yet you're letting people host events in a bunch of other fighting games. It's very possible to actually include the brawl community without compromising the focus on melee and even without you having to bother with anything. But if you want to throw away the only chance norway will probably ever have at getting top players in both melee and brawl like M2K, because you just don't like brawl, or have faith in its community... Go ahead. There's no salt from my side, if I go, it'll be for streetfighter.

Anyways I think it's amazing that you're doing something this big in norway and I respect you for it, so I'll keep my mouth shut about brawn now that I've said everything I wanted to say.

I also really hope it turns into a big success, so that Norway might finally get a spot on the map for fighting communities.

Vegard

Smash Lord
When I reconsider stuff, letting the Brawl community have their fair share of space of the venue isn't that much of a problem, as long as they bring their own setups. Especially if it could attract M2K LOL. How big is the European Brawl community?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
AfroTwist: I'm not salty about anything here, so please stop it.
Actually, my last tournament, SR4, included both Brawl and Melee, and both events were prioritized equally, but at that time not many people attended focusing on Brawl. Just so you know, I have given this a chance.

Also, I do encourage you to attend Street Fighter or any of the other fighting games, if you are not much into Melee. I know the organizers of those fighting events, and they are nice and decicated people. So is the Melee-community, which is why it has grown so big, and the people who have once joined the community tend to stay. I am part of the Melee-dedicated players, and while Melee has been in the shadows of Brawl for a long time in the states, I want Melee to get its chance to shine in a big international tournament.

Again, this is in no way a offence to you Brawl players. Please believe me when I say this.

When I reconsider stuff, letting the Brawl community have their fair share of space of the venue isn't that much of a problem, as long as they bring their own setups. Especially if it could attract M2K LOL. How big is the European Brawl community?
Can we end this discussion now, please? If you wanna discuss Brawl, please do it elsewhere. Thank you.

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there assuming I got no other plans for the summer, and I'll be sure to drag everyone else in the Danish smash community with me.

Amazing venue.

~Eagle

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
All the scenes (Americans, Japanese, Australian, South American, Middle-Eastern, Korean etc.) should attend this, and make this the biggest melee tourney evarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

confirmed for this already, just waiting for someone to find a cheap flight going from the UK...

:D

- Willz

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Interested <3
Tonberry, you're a genius <3

Lol @ everyone who thinks that americans will actually come. They're such obvious and lazy-*** trolls. I'm kinda tired of all of the americans that come in the european tourneys topics to post stuff like "omg mad hype I'm interested" and eventually (obviously) they make up some ridiculous excuse at the last minute not to come. I find it very disrespectful. I hope Armada won't attend Apex for real, lol

Top Bottom