• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers are Too Good @ MvC3

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
It was a prominant tool in MvC2 for Storm DHC Hailstorm to punish assists and could work the same way. Use a quick startup Hyper then DHC Hailstorm. I could add more to this but Smooth Criminal nailed it.

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Xonar has the important point nailed.

Storm on point isn't touching morrigan but that dhc fks up so many days its insane.

Also note that when justin pooed on chris g it was also because he got in on her quickly and made sure he did 950k in one combo, even if it was off a throw.

The storm dhc was a back up plan incase plan a above didn't work out.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
UFGT is one of the "True" majors in the EVO season, so I'm pretty sure competition will be strong there. I know Noel Brown, Fooblat, Chris G, Dieminion, Justin Wong, and Flocker are there. I don't think West Coast is there other than the EG crew.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I feel like haggar is the kind of character that you always have a chance to win with, but won't ever be able to beat enough smart players in a row consistently to win a tournament

Scatz

Smash Champion
Marvel Top 8 should be hype tomorrow. Really looking forward to the Spider-Man player that took a few names at UFGT. Name escapes me atm.
They got archives? I've been working this whole weekend, and won't be able to see it until tomorrow night.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Brightside

and yeah they got archives. leveluplive

jayford is a smasher that's there. entered as hologram gootecks (still laughing at this btw), he's in winner's side t8 for mystery game. he t16'd in SG - peacock/double lamed him out of t8

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I don't have internet Atm and my phone isn't strong enough to handle a stream. Can anybody give me the imporatant happenings of the event?

Is there a challonge page for this tourney?

Also for skull girls and dive kick if possible

clowsui

Smash Legend
SG
Top 8 Winners

EG|Justin Wong vs. TS|Nerd Josh
JetM vs. FC|NYChrisG
Top 8 Losers

Duckator vs. Konkrete
DRS|Masta CJ vs. Brightside

UMvC3
Top 8 Winners

EG|Justin Wong (Wolverine/Storm/Akuma) vs.BT|Dieminion (Viewtiful Joe/Doctor Strange/Morrigan)
Flocker vs. Brightside
Top 8 Losers

BT|Viscant (Wesker/Haggar/Phoenix) vs. FC|NYChrisG (Morrian/Doctor Doom/Akuma)
DRS.MCZ|MastaCJ (Dormammu/Magneto/Wesker) vs. UVG|Noel Brown (Wolverine/Wesker/Akuma)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Who the hell is brightside? And why do I get the feeling like somebodys going to pop up randomly and be like 'i played smash with him for 2 years'

Also those guys don't stand a chance against jetm in skullgirls

TL?

Smash Ace
Yo brightside! I was live monstering so hard at UFGT8! It was insanely hype at the venue everytime he even touched a character.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I got 17th in the Divekick tournament.

Got Fraud Detected in pools winners by Floe :embarrass:

Also Brightside v Viscant was in my roommate's pool. That match was so hype, Brightside had all of chicago yelling for him in this cramped little pool area lol
Brightside plays Spiderman/Dormammu/Wesker

NNID
Budget_Player
So I looked at the official SRK tier list for Ultimate... Why the **** is Dormammu so high?

Then again, I shouldn't really trust them, as the support tier list that goes as reliable has Doom below top. Dude. Doom has the single best assist in the game by a wide margin. Yes, I get that his DHCs and Alpha counters are meh... Hidden Missiles, **** off.

Dorm has like, amazing everything. Damage, assists, Supers, hitboxes, mixups, and camping/anti camping.

The only thing I can think of that's a negative is his size, but the dude is so mobile.

Top Bottom