• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Survey

M.K

Level 55
I have been browsing/posting on this website for about 2.5 years at this point. Unlike most TV Shows/movies/fads, I haven't really noticed any major "Forum Highs/Lows" in general (in difference from my own personal experiences having their positive and negative qualities).
Yes, I've used Forum Support before; in fact, I've used it multiple times. Anyone who has a complaint about a moderator needs to shut their mouths and write up a logical post in Forum Support with examples (links, images, etc. whatever need be) of a moderator's insubordination, weakness, and/or overall lack of community bonding. Many moderators (notably, Killjoy) are quick to respond and can help you sort out any quarrels you have. It's helped me in the past, and I'm sure it can help you as well.
However, there are some definite things that are in dire need of being fixed. Of course, I could be "that guy" to mention for the 14th time that the Friend Finder needs to be fixed, or that the vB Bulletin upgrade isn't here yet, but I'm not going to take that route.
Instead, I'd like to point out a few things that I feel are relevant. First off, General Brawl Discussion is the cesspool of ignorance and most likely only still in existence so that the Tactical Discussion does not drown in a hellstorm of spam and absolute gapingly obvious noobishness. To me, it's a worthless forum, but in fact, it's existence IS needed. I'm not one to suggest a specific way to bring professionalism to the GBD, but....well, it's gross. It's sticky in there, most likely (wouldn't know, haven't touched the GBD since I saw "WHU IZ UR 4VRITE CHARTER" 5 times down the page).

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I think a great improvement to this site would be to remove SNO's ability to post.

Also, it'd probably be easier to simply rename the GBD to "Casual Brawl Discussion", as to not confuse the fragile minds whom already inhabit it.

:093:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Also, it'd probably be easier to simply rename the GBD to "Casual Brawl Discussion", as to not confuse the fragile minds whom already inhabit it.
I second this except for the unnecessary change to "whom".

/Grammar Nazism

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I think a great improvement to this site would be to remove SNO's ability to post.

yeah thats right. **** on the person who is getting abused on the site by immature mods. Blame the victim is so typical with females, isn't it? =/ If you know nothing of my situation, don't get involved.

edit: Oh look. Another 18 year old. Quick, someone mod him.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Dude, stop making generalizations. People don't abuse you at all. People troll you because you say things that are annoying, and therefore people don't like you, and you get angered easily, therefore it's easy to troll you. What Boxob said is a PERFECT example of this. You get riled up at this, and he was obviously just trying to achieve exactly this.

Also, stop hating on the mods. You act like you'd be any better.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Dude, stop making generalizations. People don't abuse you at all. People troll you because you say things that are annoying, and therefore people don't like you, and you get angered easily, therefore it's easy to troll you. What Boxob said is a PERFECT example of this. You get riled up at this, and he was obviously just trying to achieve exactly this.

Also, stop hating on the mods. You act like you'd be any better.
I can post specific posts that are clearly examples of abuse.

Apparently im not allowed to have feelings.

But really in the long run idc anymore. I came to Smash Boards to improve my game, and I have. A lot. At a closer look I don't think much of the community. For example Smashers who I once admired and respected, have turned to be elitist and immature. It's not how they treat me, but how they treat other players. It's depressing. They are now terrible people in my eyes. :(

This is a very good, useful site. I just feel some of the users are a bit lacking, and some of the poor selections of mods do not help to remedy this.

That is all.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
The worst moderator is Hylian. That guy is horribad at everything but Smash. xD
I don't know about the part concerning him being a poor moderator, but I might have to agree with you on the second part.
:(

oh snap he's gonna mod my *** now

^.^;;

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Get ***** SnippyNoobOvulating.

But seriously, Hylian's a cool guy who doesn't afraid of spindash. I think he should be promoted to super moderator.

I think more 'on the fly' forum options should be available.

bobson

Smash Lord
Blame the victim is so typical with females, isn't it? =/
Oh ****ing Christ

Edit: Here's one that I forgot to put in the last segment: an optional feature to PM you whenever someone quotes one of your posts. It makes it a lot easier to keep track of the discussions that specifically involve you without wading through unrelated replies to every thread you've posted in.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Get ***** SnippyNoobOvulating.

But seriously, Hylian's a cool guy who doesn't afraid of spindash. I think he should be promoted to super moderator.

I think more 'on the fly' forum options should be available.

♥He is a super moderator♥

I'm sorry but this theme is killer win.

Smash Ace
About changing the name to Casual Brawl Discussion:

Prior to Brawl's release in the US, people were talking about splitting GBD into casual/competitive discussion. This was supposed to stop the casual/competitive flame wars, which I think were worse than Melee/Brawl flaming has ever been (and that's no small statement). A few people, including me, thought that it would make the flaming worse because anyone who said something casual-ish in the competitive forum or vice versa would get flamed hard, and because it would polarize the issue more.

The mods apparently agreed, since they decided to name the proposed Competitive Discussion "Tactical," and make GBD the casual room. It worked well. Maybe it's time to change the names, if you're sure that it won't cause more flame wars and division. I'm not.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Snake board needs a active mod, the only one we have right now is Panda and he barely counts as active.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I can post specific posts that are clearly examples of abuse.
Go right ahead, I'd bet all the money in my wallet that you're *** is getting trolled.

But really in the long run idc anymore. I came to Smash Boards to improve my game, and I have. A lot. At a closer look I don't think much of the community. For example Smashers who I once admired and respected, have turned to be elitist and immature. It's not how they treat me, but how they treat other players. It's depressing. They are now terrible people in my eyes. :(
A lot of top smashers are *****, but calling them terrible people, unless you've actually spoken to them and seen them treat people in real life, is a bit over the top.

This is a very good, useful site. I just feel some of the users are a bit lacking, and some of the poor selections of mods do not help to remedy this.
Please explain to me what you mean by the users being "lacking," I don't really understand what your point is. They're stupid? They have no personality? Whatchoo mean?

Again, the mods are fine. Just because mods have beef with you doesn't mean that they're doing a bad job as moderators. You think mods are supposed to only mod? They can do what they want outside of modding, just look at all the mods in the Disco Room doing stupid ****. They come here to mess around too, you know. They're just like everyone else but with more responsibility and sexier skins.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm so confused.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Why are some people here answering stuff like they're the admins or something? God it's irritating.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
*****s just trying to start **** after it was resolved. Nothing else to see here. Move along now.
He was actually just legitimately replying to your post, not trying to "start" anything. I didn't see any resolution here, either.

I think the problem here is that you always think you're being victimized or oppressed and try to act as if anyone who disagrees with you is a bad person.

I don't care if you think that, to be quite honest, but I do care that you're bawwing about it all over the place.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Drama in the...Announcements Discussion? Really?

The only thing I think that would be cool right now is a working Friend Finder. It was pretty cool when I had a chance to use it way back. Besides that, SWF is great. Of course, that may be biased since I've never had any problems with people here for the most part.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Drama in the...Announcements Discussion? Really?

The only thing I think that would be cool right now is a working Friend Finder. It was pretty cool when I had a chance to use it way back. Besides that, SWF is great. Of course, that may be biased since I've never had any problems with people here for the most part.
It's not just a bias of yours, because I've had plenty of drama on here and I still think this is the best community I've ever seen.

At times it seems subpar and annoying, but then I go onto someplace like Serebii for about five minutes and want to kill myself.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Of course, that may be biased since I've never had any problems with people here for the most part.
♥We'll see how long that lasts when I'm around. :grrr:

Anyway, it's not hard to brace yourself with comments by others on the internet. At first, you take things to heart, but then after a while you realize that most people are just trolling. Virtual space taught me some great stuff.♥

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Cool, No one has said anything concerning Atlantic South....

*slowly walks away*

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
It's more of a mutation for them imo. But you would know better than me anyway so I won't dig too deep into that one =D

*looks at <3z's location* mmhmm... *nods* ;)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
♥I hate Georgia.

Anyway, as a troll in today's internet society, I would like to mention that not all trolls are aberrant scoundrels.
♥

rhan

Smash Hero
Is it me or do these surveys they give out every year getting smaller and smaller?

Top Bottom