• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Survey

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
The last question was the best part. Forum rewards/reputation would do this site very well. Not everyone wants to be granted a moderation position for their deeds.

.Marik

is a social misfit
We already have a General Brawl Discussion room for "Casual" talk, and look how well that turned out...

And the ads. Get rid of them.

Other than that, SmashBoards is pretty good. Reputation system could work, but Bobson has a point.

Less of these so-called "smart trolls" who never get into trouble although they tend to anger people. Now, I will push to have these smart trolls given warning should they continue to enflame situations/relationships with other people on these boards.

The trolling is out of hand, and doesn't make these boards a very friendly community.

I shall wreak vengeance.

Also, my attempt will probably be futile at ending it.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
The last question was the best part. Forum rewards/reputation would do this site very well. Not everyone wants to be granted a moderation position for their deeds.
And some do.
Just had to get that out there.

Regardless of one's desire, rep would still be pretty awesome to have. I hope the brass are lurking around SRK for tips now...

Less of these so-called "smart trolls" who never get into trouble although they tend to anger people. Now, I will push to have these smart trolls given warning should they continue to enflame situations/relationships with other people on these boards.

The trolling is out of hand, and doesn't make these boards a very friendly community.
Twenty times this.

Case in point: A fellow jacket I know.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

If they're smart and find ways to not get infracted, then what can you do? More power to them.

This probably can't be done. Ads = $$$
A part of premium should be seeing no ads at all.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I think the majority of the mods here are poorly chosen, idiots, and are unqualified for such a position. That's my biggest gripe here.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
"Smashboards should affiliate itself with all of the other country-specific Smash websites, so that each community can communicate with each other in a more efficient way than we do now. SWF could be the worldwide version of the Smash communities, and act as a bridge between them as well".

Sure, it would be up to us to find and provide the websites for each country that has a Smash website, but in the end, it will make it all the more easier to compare information, as well as share it, so we can all keep a steady growth rate. I know that there are LOTS of people in SmashBoards that would love to see what other countries discuss (and smalltalk abouy), but have no way of reaching those communities nor finding them, while the communities already know of SmashBoards and visit it regularly... It would give us a hand towards propelling metagames further, for one.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
And you think you'd be any better? Maybe we should just make you an admin and see how well you do.
One million times this, especially since it's SNO we're talking about.

"Smashboards should affiliate itself with all of the other country-specific Smash websites, so that each community can communicate with each other in a more efficient way than we do now. SWF could be the worldwide version of the Smash communities, and act as a bridge between them as well".
Excellent idea here, Kewkky! The international community isn't catered to enough here, which is something the MLG brass and the admins could work on.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
you think 17-18 year old mods are responsible or suited for such a position? They're terribly jejune. And I never said I should be one, but SWF needs to quit selecting unqualified ones.

bobson

Smash Lord
I think you ***** about things that aren't actually problems. I have three pages of infractions and I think the mods here are better than most. Any actual instances you can bring up of a mod being "jejune?" (I love it when people use that word)

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
you think 17-18 year old mods are responsible or suited for such a position? They're terribly jejune. And I never said I should be one, but SWF needs to quit selecting unqualified ones.
I guess you forgot about this part:

Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.
As shown here.

Becoming a mod has nothing to do with your age, nor should it. It all has to do with your positive impact on the thread you contribute to. Now, you may have a little traction with the age thing in regards to the :088: peeps & peepettes, but that's another story...

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I think you ***** about things that aren't actually problems.
such as????????

I guess you forgot about this part:

As shown here.

Becoming a mod has nothing to do with your age, nor should it. It all has to do with your positive impact on the thread you contribute to. Now, you may have a little traction with the age thing in regards to the :088: peeps & peepettes, but that's another story...
Yeah I guess. I still think age should be a factor. I see so many people who should be mods and it seems their younger more immature counterparts get the position instead =/

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
We could write pages on that concerning you, but that would change the subject of course. So, let's save that for later and talk more about the survey.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
We could write pages on that concerning you, but that would change the subject of course. So, let's save that for later and talk more about the survey.
Oh really? And why is it my honest opinon in a problem on SWF is being tossed aside? I know many other people who feel the same way I do. :ohwell:

bobson

Smash Lord
Every time I've seen you you've been whining about some dumb **** like people using "wifi tactics" or "youtube trolls" saying your combo video sucks and now you're whining about the mods being underage. Doubtless that your problem with the mods is that they don't infract everyone you think should be infracted.

You have landed firmly in the category of people whose opinions can be safely disregarded.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Oh really? And why is it my honest opinon in a problem on SWF is being tossed aside? I know many other people who feel the same way I do. :ohwell:
It's okay to have some animadversions towards the brass, super mods, senators, and mods. It's also okay to air your grievances here, as that is the point to discuss. However, you did so a little disrespectfully, which is why it wasn't given as much weight as it should have been...

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Every time I've seen you you've been whining about some dumb **** like people using "wifi tactics" or "youtube trolls" saying your combo video sucks and now you're whining about the mods being underage. Doubtless that your problem with the mods is that they don't infract everyone you think should be infracted.

You have landed firmly in the category of people whose opinions can be safely disregarded.
I honestly don't know where the hell your getting some of this stuff from. You must of read two posts that I made literally months ago and are now judging and generalizing me from them. GJ, bro. Also, what the hell does it have to do with my opinion of the poorly selected mods here?

It's okay to have some animadversions towards the brass, super mods, senators, and mods. It's also okay to air your grievances here, as that is the point to discuss. However, you did so a little disrespectfully, which is why it wasn't given as much weight as it should have been...
eh, didn't mean to come off as so harsh, guess your right about that. Could of been a little more tactful lol

on side note causal forum would be a good idea.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think the majority of the mods here are poorly chosen, idiots, and are unqualified for such a position. That's my biggest gripe here.
If you would like to bring up which mods you think this applies to with valid reasons in forum support than our admins would be more than happy to address your complaints.

Insulting people is going to get you nowhere.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
If you would like to bring up which mods you think this applies to with valid reasons in forum support than our admins would be more than happy to address your complaints.

Insulting people is going to get you nowhere.
I'm not going to start ****. It's not worth it. Also thanks for telling me something I already knew.

eh, didn't mean to come off as so harsh, guess your right about that. Could of been a little more tactful lol
guess you missed that? :(

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
If it's not worth it why bring it up in the first place? <_<
my point was all the mods that irk me have something in common- they're all fairly young. It's something that I have noticed. I have zero complaints with older mods.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
My biggest issue is with the next update. It's taking ages...
I do. It's with 3 specific mods. All young. If they keep it up, I will do as Hylian suggested and go to forum support. One went so far to making a **** joke about my gender. It was totally unwarrented, and unprovoked. I'm sick of putting up with it, and I apologize for sounding nasty or even generalizing a bit, I shouldn't of done that but It's getting really ridiculous for some of these mods.They are really, REALLY out of line. =/

@ Hylian did not mean to sound snappy (even tho i should because you been like bi-polar to me as of late) =/, it's just you missed my quote lol. And thank you for reminding me of the existence of forum support. I'm going to consider it next time anything happens.

edit: **** you edit fast lol

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I do. It's with 3 specific mods. All young. If they keep it up, I will do as Hylian suggested and go to forum support. One went so far to making a **** joke about my gender. It was totally unwarrented, and unprovoked. I'm sick of putting up with it, and I apologize for sounding nasty or even generalizing a bit, I shouldn't of done that but It's getting really ridiculous for some of these mods. =/

@ Hylian did not mean to sound snappy, it's just you missed my quote lol. And thank you for reminding me of the existence of forum support. I'm going to consider it next time anything happens.

edit: **** you edit fast lol
I know one of the references that you are talking about. I won't put the details here, but I doubt you will find any sympathy for it. Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but that's my take on it. Good luck with the other two though. :ohwell:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I know one of the references that you are talking about. I won't put the details here, but I doubt you will find any sympathy for it. Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but that's my take on it. Good luck with the other two though. :ohwell:
yeah.... I figured this as well which is why I never did anything.
guys don't understand sexism- they may think its funny, which is a shame
=/ Thanks, tho. :) And yeah I don't want to use any names so thanx for keeping it annoymous

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
last question.

"keep it a little more laid back,maybe bring back the rep system,more post ranks and after 3000 posts the ability to change a custom title title.an 18+ section(not rly)"

xD

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
SNO has her opinion, and we all have ours.

This forum isn't perfect, but that does not mean it should remain stalemate. The best option would be to fix what has been broken first before making any additions. Then we can focus on new features and material. Not all forum modifications will work right at its upload, so bringing in more dysfunctional additions isn't going to help.

As far as site moderation, I seriously cannot expect it to be any better. When you compare Smashboards with other forums such as AiB, you realize that this is actually a very well contained site.

Moderation isn't for everyone, yet it isn't my place to say who wasn't cut out for the job. The Administration doesn't pick names out of a hat to see who should moderate what. If you've been considered for a promotion, then obviously you've made some contribution to a specific forum. Your deeds were recognized.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
And who are you to decide if someone is qualified or not?

What I'm going to say is not meant to be a stab at you:

Your opinion on this issue does not matter.

Neither does mine, nor does the opinion of any other regular member here. This isn't a democracy.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
And who are you to decide if someone is qualified or not?

What I'm going to say is not meant to be a stab at you:

Your opinion on this issue does not matter.

Neither does mine, nor does the opinion of any other regular member here. This isn't a democracy.
lmfao @ u bringing up something that was resolved.

btw your 14?

Top Bottom