• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Survey

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
2012 survey:

1. Do you like Smashboards?
-Yes
-No

2. Would you pay for premium membership?
-Yes
-Yes, only if I need to change my name.

If they're smart and find ways to not get infracted, then what can you do? More power to them.
Maybe so, but less power to Smashboards itself.
They may be smart, but trolls are trolls, and exist to anger people. Fine then, don't infract them/warn them, and lose more people from the forums because of them, I'm fine with that.

Might as well leave, it's not really worth it.

Kantō

Smash Champion
kool survey. glad to see people care what we think or at least want to know. i hope my particiaption helps you guys make the forum as good as it can be.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Maybe so, but less power to Smashboards itself.
They may be smart, but trolls are trolls, and exist to anger people. Fine then, don't infract them/warn them, and lose more people from the forums because of them, I'm fine with that.

Might as well leave, it's not really worth it.
If someone goes onto a site and cannot handle being trolled, that's their fault.

The no trolling rule states that:

"Trolling (intentionally instigating trouble or provoking others through outrageous statements) is not permitted."

Now, if a troll is keeping their cool and just saying stuff that wouldn't be classified as "outrageous," and someone reading that post gets angered, then the staff can't really do anything.

Also, mods can't catch everything. Just because a mod doesn't infract someone trolling you doesn't mean that they dislike you and want you to be trolled. I see people complaining about people not getting disciplined about **** like that and it's annoying.

People take the mods for granted, and whenever they do a little thing wrong, they get called out for it. They aren't perfect, but we should commend them for their efforts instead of getting pissy at them every time something they do doesn't benefit you.

If someone goes onto a site and cannot handle being trolled, that's their fault.
There are more people than you may believe that dislike all of the trolls here.

The no trolling rule states that:

"Trolling (intentionally instigating trouble or provoking others through outrageous statements) is not permitted."

Now, if a troll is keeping their cool and just saying stuff that wouldn't be classified as "outrageous," and someone reading that post gets angered, then the staff can't really do anything.

Also, mods can't catch everything. Just because a mod doesn't infract someone trolling you doesn't mean that they dislike you and want you to be trolled. I see people complaining about people not getting disciplined about **** like that and it's annoying.

People take the mods for granted, and whenever they do a little thing wrong, they get called out for it. They aren't perfect, but we should commend them for their efforts instead of getting pissy at them every time something they do doesn't benefit you.
I say that if a troll is noticed not only by one, but multiple sources, then there is indeed a problem.

There are trolls on this site that enflame individuals, but then there are the ones that choose to troll a group of people, and favour others.

Obviously enough, there are the ones that flame everyone, but they do get infracted, so they are no problem once banned.
I'm saying that if someone is noticed to be enflaming a situation by multiple people, then the troll should be infracted.

Say Person No. 1 irritates Person No. 2 on any given room, and Person No. 2 goes and tells others that No. 1 is a troll and should be infracted. This is a situation that is blatantly stupid and No. 1 should not be infracted if it's only 1 person that he is flaming.

But say Person No. 1 irritates No. 2, 3, 4, and 5, then that is a situation where No. 1 gets infracted.

The 2nd situation that I gave doesn't seem to happen here, as only the ones who end up saying "Melee sucks" or "You're all elitist idiots" get infracted, but for good reason anyway.
Although those kind of people get infracted, ones who troll multiple people and favour others are not affected.

Of course there are copious amounts of trolls here that anger individuals and favour the rest, but they are a problem on every forum.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
There are more people than you may believe that dislike all of the trolls here.
Not my point at all. I really don't care if people dislike trolls, but that's completely different than not being able to handle them.

I say that if a troll is noticed not only by one, but multiple sources, then there is indeed a problem.
Of course more than one person is going to notice a troll, what's your point?

There are trolls on this site that enflame individuals, but then there are the ones that choose to troll a group of people, and favour others.
Well yes, trolls have friends on here just like everyone else, so it would make sense that they would not troll those people.

Say Person No. 1 irritates Person No. 2 on any given room, and Person No. 2 goes and tells others that No. 1 is a troll and should be infracted. This is a situation that is blatantly stupid and No. 1 should not be infracted if it's only 1 person that he is flaming.

But say Person No. 1 irritates No. 2, 3, 4, and 5, then that is a situation where No. 1 gets infracted.
Wait, what? You're saying that if I only troll one person I should not be infracted? I really don't see the logic behind this at all. Trolling is trolling.

The 2nd situation that I gave doesn't seem to happen here, as only the ones who end up saying "Melee sucks" or "You're all elitist idiots" get infracted, but for good reason anyway.
Although those kind of people get infracted, ones who troll multiple people and favour others are not affected.
Not affected by what?

Most of what you're saying has nothing at all to do with my previous post.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
My God, what has the Announcement Discussions devolved to? This looks like a pre-kinder playpen where the fattest kids push and take the smaller kids' crackers and cookies, instead of teachers actually keeping an eye on the kids and teaching them right from wrong and the consequences... SWF should be about healthy competition between people, not trollfests and enjoying how awesomely you trolled a guy/girl and watching them as they're getting themselves into deeper waters.

Source

rhan

Smash Hero
My God, what has the Announcement Discussions devolved to? This looks like a pre-kinder playpen where the fattest kids push and take the smaller kids' crackers and cookies, instead of teachers actually keeping an eye on the kids and teaching them right from wrong and the consequences... SWF should be about healthy competition between people, not trollfests and enjoying how awesomely you trolled a guy/girl and watching them as they're getting themselves into deeper waters.

Source
Que es esto?

Not my point at all. I really don't care if people dislike trolls, but that's completely different than not being able to handle them.
Well, you do consider yourself one.

Of course more than one person is going to notice a troll, what's your point?
The next parts of my post...

Wait, what? You're saying that if I only troll one person I should not be infracted? I really don't see the logic behind this at all. Trolling is trolling.
Vrael said:
I may have misinterpreted, but it sounds like, in this quote, that 'someone' is one person. Considering you don't pay attention to one person being trolled, I was trying to agree with you and say that one person isn't significant enough to infract them.

Not affected by what?
You can't see what I was aiming for?
I was saying that ones who blurt out "Melee sucks" are the ones that get infracted, yet the trolls that choose one group of people to enflame instead of everyone seem not to get into trouble.

Most of what you're saying has nothing at all to do with my previous post.
I wasn't exactly aiming it at that post, I'm trying to prove my point.

Also, I do respect the Moderators for doing their job, and at least carrying it out properly, but overall I'm just trying to say that there are too many trolls on this site in order for it to be friendly.

Kewkky said:
This. You're the best Kewkky.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
*facepalms*

You made your own source a link to the post you just made! :urg:

Circular reasoning is circular because circular reasoning is circular because...

I big high five to ANYONE who isn't debating in this thread! :D
This.

This. You're the best Kewkky.
Homes, you have definitely animadverted many a time to me on how you hate the competitive aspect of Smash. So, pick a side and stay with it.

john!

Smash Hero

Source
You cited yourself?! Oh shi-

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
SWF should be about healthy competition between people, not trollfests and enjoying how awesomely you trolled a guy/girl and watching them as they're getting themselves into deeper waters.
Well it's never going to be that way. This isn't some magical Care Bear forum where no one is ever mean ever. People are *****.

Instead of making up fantastical situations, how about actually helping the site be a better place?

Well, you do consider yourself one.
I don't know what this has to do with anything.

Like I said, if you can't handle getting trolled, then that's you're problem. You're on a PUBLIC FORUM.

I may have misinterpreted, but it sounds like, in this quote, that 'someone' is one person. Considering you don't pay attention to one person being trolled, I was trying to agree with you and say that one person isn't significant enough to infract them.
I never said that someone who trolls one person only shouldn't be infracted, in fact, I completely disagree with that.

You can't see what I was aiming for?
I was saying that ones who blurt out "Melee sucks" are the ones that get infracted, yet the trolls that choose one group of people to enflame instead of everyone seem not to get into trouble.
I would consider someone who blurts out something like "Melee sucks" to be one of the people trying to flame a group of people. In this case, the Melee players.

I wasn't exactly aiming it at that post, I'm trying to prove my point.
Well I assumed that you were, because you multi-quoted my post. My bad.

Also, I do respect the Moderators for doing their job, and at least carrying it out properly, but overall I'm just trying to say that there are too many trolls on this site in order for it to be friendly.
Well like I said earlier, this is a public forum. I understand what you're saying, but anyone can get on here. A moderator can't just label someone a troll and ban them, it doesn't work that way.

I mean, we can't really expect people to automatically be nice just because we want them to, can we? Hope all you want, but they aren't really going to go away.

I big high five to ANYONE who isn't debating in this thread! :D
***** please.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Wow really you guys?

And this has exactly what to do with the survey? Oh right. Nothing. If you want argue all over the thread about irrelevant things, use PMs/VMs. As funny as it is to watch, it's also a bit silly.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Instead of making up fantastical situations, how about actually helping the site be a better place?
Look around for my posts. Whenever I'm not talking in the Tactical Discussions forum, I say the weirdest things to make people join in and spam with me.

Top Bottom