• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: The Ultimate Game Collection - Continued

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Submit A Visual Novel Or Text Heavy Game
Soapbox: It's The Summer Of Visual Novels On Switch, And It's Just The ...

This job will be for visual novels or videogames that heavily involve text as a gameplay element. So something like Persona 5 for example, while heavy on the text, doesn’t count while something like Ace Attorney would since the text is more central to the core gameplay experience.

Submit A Licensed Game Or Game With Non-Videogame Characters
The Best Licensed Games For Console And PC – Review Geek

Licensed games are a huge part of the industry so for this job it’s all about licensed games (games based on non-videogame properties.) If a game also features a non-videogame character in an official role (so a role they’d have to get a license for) it would also be eligible.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My votes:
COD
Fortnite
TF2

As for my submissions, I don't expect this first game to win, or hell even be accepted, but I have a responsibility.

WORDY GAME - Scribblenauts Unlimited (2012)
1676158089674.png

Is this game a visual novel? No. Of course not. But nobody would argue that it doesn't make heavy usage of words. The sky's the limit - if a noun or adjective is in the dictionary (and isn't naughty or copyrighted), you can make use of it in this game. Scribblenauts isn't that important in the grand scheme of things, but it was decently popular on the DS and this game was among the most important Wii U launch titles, so it has that going for it. Speaking of, this would be a patchwork version if added - the extra levels from the Mega Pack rerelease, the Steam Workshop compatibility, the Mario and Zelda characters from the Wii U version, and the myriad control options added over the years.

FOURTH PARTY - MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2: NEW AGE OF HEROES (2000)
1676158917948.png

As a follow up to an unprecedented crossover a few years prior, a sequel was put into production immediately. Despite an incredibly short development period (which lead to a lot of jank and reused assets), this game was a massive hit - and is still played to this day. That was a short description of Super Smash Bros. Melee, but I suppose it fits for MVC2 as well. This game is considered one of the best 2D fighters ever, and it's roster is among the biggest in a serious fighter. It features beloved characters from both one of gaming's biggest third party companies AND characters from one of the biggest brands worldwide (a title it gained after this game's release, as this game predates the first X-Man and Raimi's Spider-Man, let alone the MCU). Mega Man, Wolverine, Ryu, Iron Man, Amingo, Jill Valentine, Spider-Man... they're certainly taking us for a ride. Capcom has fought other companies before, but their scuffles with Tatsunoko and SNK (which are beloved games in their own right) cannot compare to how popular the Mahvel games are. As for why 2 in particular... nobody talks about 1 (or Xmen VS Street Fighter), 3 is good but with a slightly smaller legacy, and the less said about Infinite the better. I believe the arcade version of this game is most beloved, so that's the form it takes here (with online added, of course).

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Doki Doki Literature Club

Doki Doki Literature Club is visual novel developed by Team Salvato,the game is a typical japanese visual novel,the game is in the school and have cute anime girls, but the game is darker and breaks the 4th wall

Marvel's Spider-Man

Marvel's Spider-Man is Action-Adventure game developed by Insomniac Games, the game is a typical Spider-Man game, but there's some differences, Peter is scientist that work with Otto instead a student, Mary Jane is a journalist of daily bungle, Norman Osborn is president of the city instead a psycho and various things.

i wanted to submit JoJo's Bizarre Adeventure:Heritage of The Future,but i had to choose Spider-Man or JoJo, i had to chose Spider-Man because i think PS4 Spider-Man is known, i hope anyone submit JoJo Heritage of The Future

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Simpsons

One of the all-time great 90s beat-em-ups. It's remembered both for it's frantic 4-player gameplay and it's nature as a surreal time capsule for a now-iconic series that hadn't yet figured out it's identity.

No 11 Downing Street: The Adventures of Ninja Nanny and Sherlock Sheltie
It's educational...!

Last edited:
Licensed game submission:
GoldenEye 007
1676201980196.png

"I'm Bond, James Bond"
GoldenEye 007 is a FPS video game made by Rare and published by Nintendo. The game is based on 1995 James Bond movie "GoldenEye". In the game, you take control of titular James Bond, a british agent who needs to prevent criminals from activating a satellite weapon (the plot in the game is same as in the movie, with some tweaks).

This licensed game is considered as one of the greatest games of all time due to pioneering some mechanics that appeared in later FPS games. Also this game was one of most best selling N64 games of all time.

Without the game, we wouldn't had any greatest FPS games of all time like Halo or etc.

Visual novel game submission:
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright
1676202507252.png

"Objection!"
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright is a visual novel video game made and published by Capcom in 2001. It revolves around Phoenix Wright, an attorney who was hired by "Fey & Co." to defend their defendants from criminals by using the items found in the game.

Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright is considered as one of greatest games of all time due to popularizing the visual novel genre around the world and it even got many ports due to huge popularity. Heck this game even started a franchise on very high note and it became one of notable Capcom franchises of all time.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Pepsi Man

Originally had Arkham City but you know what why not give this infamous game a release that is international and not super expensive.

Detroit: Become Human

Besides Doki Doki, this is the only other text/story focused game i can think of that ive played so far.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Shocked someone hasn't done this yet. Considering how much western devs tried to copy the style of this game for decades and its still held as the high standard for licenced games I think it deserves its spot. I went with the first one over city for story reasons and because it's a more pure version of the formula, with later games becomong more open.

capsule_616x353_japanese.jpg

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
I'm not gonna pretend I know a lot about this series but I do think it works here. Its insane how much of a grip on internet culture this series had for a bit. I know many people who aren't hardcore gamers so love this series.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Licensed Game

LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga

LEGO Star Wars is the most popular Lego game sereis and The Skywalker Saga is one of the most complete packages

Visual Novel

Fate/Stay Night

The first project in the very popular Fate/ Series

The specific version would be the Realta Nua version due to it's removal of NSFW content.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
1. World of Warcraft
2. Fortnite
3. Team Fortress 2

My submission for the visual novel job is gonna be a resubmission of something I tried in the last thread. Check quote for all my reasoning.

Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

View attachment 362115

I might be showing my age real hard here, but one of my most formative experiences with video games was the phase of my elementary and middle school life where I would play dozens of point-and-click escape room games. Either mobile games or Flash games right on the web browser, they were truly my bread and butter time wasters when I didn't feel like playing my Nintendo DS. I also have to assume I'm not alone in this for my age bracket. Those escape room Flash games were free and easy to find, so many people are familiar with the concept. That's not even getting started with how popular real, physical escape rooms have become over the past few years.

Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (or just 999) is really the platonic ideal of that simple point-and-click genre that I think should represent it in our collection. The Zero Escape trilogy is pretty popular, but 999 is the first entry, so no prior knowledge is needed. As a professionally made game, not just a Flash project, it contains about ten carefully crafted escape rooms that utilize fully programmed and creative puzzle mechanics along with brain-teasing solutions that I think are just the right amount of difficulty.

The polished and ingenious puzzle rooms are why I think 999 should be included, but I can't not mention the colorful cast of characters and the infamously mind-screwy story, too. Something for everyone, eh?
And for the licensed game job...

The Walking Dead

1676312633928.png

Another text-heavy game! But this text was revolutionary for the time. The video game adaptation of The Walking Dead, the premier zombie franchise of the decade, was not the first game to make deep use of dialogue options and a branching story, but the way these mechanics were implemented resonated hard with audiences and revolutionized story-driven games for many years. It's this game we have to thank for all those contentious "walking simulators" that we see get big these days. But this game was the blueprint for a reason! With a cast of lovable characters and a protagonist who you just want to see win, as well as a lot of history of being one of the most streamed single-player games ever, it still holds up as one of the most memorable of its kind.

The game is also famously huge. It's based on a TV show, after all, so it has a bunch of seasons. For simplicity's sake, I'll just include the first season in this collection, which is the most innovative and the most critically acclaimed.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission for licensed games will be Tekken 3 (Gon is a guest character so that’s how it’s eligible). Also pretty much all my ideas for text heavy games have basically been taken so I’ll hold for that one lol

Tekken is one of the best selling fighting game series ever and the graphical advancements in it have are influential in not just fighting games but games in general. The gameplay style of “each button controls a limb” is also very approachable and Tekken 3 is often considered to be the best in the franchise especially due to the introduction of Jin Kazama who later became an important protagonist of the series

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the multiplayer game votes:
Combat 4
Mario Party 2 2
World of Warcraft 13
Team Fortress 2 14
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 13
Grand Theft Auto Online 0
Final Fantasy XIV 0
Rivals of Aether 2
Fortnite 4
Among Us 1
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 1

So Team Fortress 2 will be added! Achievement, profile and action figures for it are now open!

Here are options for text heavy and licensed games. Please vote for your top three most wanted picks for both.
Text Heavy
No 11 Downing Street: The Adventures of Ninja Nanny and Sherlock Sheltie ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Fate/Stay Night ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (@Darkonedagger)
Scribblenauts Unlimited ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )
Doki Doki Literature Club ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Detroit: Become Human ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )

Licensed
DuckTales ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
The Simpsons ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
GoldenEye 007 ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Tekken 3 ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Pepsiman ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )
The Walking Dead ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )
Batman: Arkham Asylym (@Darkonedagger)
Spider-Man ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )

My votes:
  1. Ace Attorney
  2. Fate Stay Night
  3. Danganronpa

1. Simpsons
  2. DuckTales
  3. Tekken

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Text-Heavy:
  1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  2. Detroit: Become Human
  3. Scribblenauts Unlimited
Licensed:
  1. Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
  2. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  3. GoldenEye 007

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'll submit action figures and achivements for TF2:
1. Demoman
2. Soldier
3. Engineer
4. Miss Pauling

1. It Scares Me: Get three or more kills in a match with a pyro
2. You Are DOMINATING: Get a domination in a match
3. I Have Done Nothing But...: Use a teleporter as the soldier
4. Son, Always Remember: Don't die once in a match
5. Meet The Team: Win a match with each character

D

Deleted member

1. MVC2
2. Batman
3. Goldeneye

1. Ace Attorney
2. Danganrompa
3. 999

Simpsons would have gotten it if it was hit and run

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Submit A Non-American Or Japanese Game

There’s a big history of games from places other than the US or Japan so for this job you can submit a game that was either developed or published by a company not headquartered in America or Japan. (Despite the picture it doesn’t actually have to be Europe.)

Submit A 1970s Game

You can submit any game that was originally released in the 1970s. Have fun!

Last edited:
TF2 achievements:
1. Useless teammate: Don't kill anyone in a match.
2. For Mother Russia: Get three or more kills in a match while playing Heavy.
3. Death smells like piss: Kill opponents while using Jarate as secondary weapon.
4. Critical striker: Deal critical damages to enemies while playing Scout.
5. Defensive turret: Kill an opponent with Engineer's turret.
Pong
1676825517286.png
Pong is a video game made by Atari in 1972 and it became a huge success that caused the video industry to evolve throughout generations.
Despite it's simple gameplay, this game deserves to be in the collection due to it's cultural impact.

Since we don't have an Atari game, so Pong would be first Atari game to fill the slot.

Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft - France)
1676825006047.png
Assassin's Creed II is an action-adventure video game made by french video game studio Ubisoft and released in 2009.
The game is about Desmond Miles, who wants to relive his genetic memories of his ancestor, Ezio Auditore da Firenze who lived in XVI Venice, Italy (during the Renessaince period).
The gameplay focuses on parkouring, stealth and fighting enemies while controling Ezio the assassin.

AC II was considered as the best Assassin's creed game and even the greatest games of all time due to it's graphics, gameplay and story that gathered many fans and gamers just to play the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Yes, Despite the American setting, GTA is developed in the UK, Scotland specificly. And it would be remiss of me as a Scot to not submit this. It came down to this or V but I think memes and nostalgia won out here

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
The Witcher 3:Wild Hunt (Poland)

images.jpeg

The Witcher 3 is an Action-RPG game developed by CD Projekt RED and thr game is based in a book series,in the game,the player control a legendary wircher called Geralt of Rivia that he is in a long journey. The Wicher become very popular because the third game,this game won more than 80 awards and there is an original Netflix series.

Asteroids

Asteroids-arcadegame.jpg

Asteroids is a multidirectional space shooter game made by Atari,in the game,the player controls a triangular ship and the game is possible shoot asteroids,this game is literally a classic of video game history.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
1. Ace Attorney
2. 999: Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors
3. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

1. Tekken 3
2. Batman: Arkham Asylum
3. DuckTales

Stellaris

1676842509505.png

For the game made by a non-American or Japanese developer, I'm going with the vikings! Swedish publisher Paradox Interactive is famous for producing all manner of grand strategy games set in different eras of history, each with extremely complex economics, diplomacy, expansion, combat, domestic management, and political game mechanics. They're hard to get into but infamously addictive for those who dive fully in. We do have a grand strategy game already in the collection, but Civilization is a very different type of beast than Paradox 4X games. Don't tell Paradox fans I said this, but in the grand (heh) scheme of things, each of their franchises are very similar to each other in terms of gameplay mechanics. That's why I've picked their most recent IP for this, Stellaris, a more unique game in their gameography that's set in the future and features a whole galaxy to exploit.

The Oregon Trail

1676842775634.png

For the 1970s category, I'm submitting technically another strategy game. Some might even call The Oregon Trail the first strategy game. Beyond genre, something no one would argue is the importance of The Oregon Trail in establishing video games as, well, games, instead of just infinitely repeatable arcade or sports minigames, The Oregon Trail is a whole campaign to beat. First developed as just an interactive teaching tool for students in US history classes, it's grown into its own phenomenon as a tough-as-nails adventure that can destroy you with dysentery whenever it feels like, with many sequels, remakes, parodies, and spin-offs giving it the longest legacy of any PC game.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Tomb Raider (UK)

Not much to say, popular, iconic franchise.

DND

Based on popular tabletop game, interactive text based game from 1974 which according to Wikipedia is apparently the first game to feature bosses.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll resubmit Combat
My submission is Combat

The launch title for Atari 2600, meaning this has been enjoyed by millions, Combat has 27 different ways for players 1 and 2 to fight each other in a very simplistic war simulation. It still holds up pretty well today (okay maybe not holds up well but it hasn’t really aged poorly) and has inspired a lot of multiplayer games moving forward
And submit Mass Effect

Mass Effect is one of the biggest science fiction game series and western RPGs out there. It is well known for having very well constructed worldbuilding and the ability to make your own decisions in the story, altering how it plays out and giving you a lot of choice in the story. A lot of other games took inspiration from it and it is now considered one of the best RPG series out there.

Edit: I’ll write some profiles for Super Mario 64 and Sonic the Hedgehog 2:

Super Mario 64
When Princess Toadstool (Peach) is kidnapped again it’s up to Mario to stop her! Super Mario 64 was one of two launch titles for the Nintendo 64 console and it revolutionized the genre of 3D platformer. The genre certainly existed before it and games were striving for 3D graphics quite early into their life cycle but this was what truly brought it to the mainstream and brought a sense of exploration unlike any other platformer of the time. There are 15 stages to be found in this game, all of which are hidden somewhere in Princess Peach’s castle. As Mario, you must traverse each level looking for hidden stars and 80 are required to beat the evil Bowser. These stars can be hidden with bosses, by getting all red coins in a stage, getting 100 coins, or by other more secret means. There’s always something to do in Super Mario 64 and always a place to look for secrets.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2
The first Sonic the Hedgehog was a success but Sonic 2 is what truly made Sonic stand right next to Mario as one of the most important video game characters of all time. When the evil Dr. Robotnik is up to his old tricks again it’s up to Sonic the Hedgehog and his new friend Miles “Tails” Prowler to defeat him! Sonic must speed across 11 zones (and a rumoured hidden one?) while navigating treacherous platforming sections and defeating Robotnik’s robots. Along the way Sonic can get the opportunity to visit special bonus stages to get the Chaos Emeralds for the good ending of the game (and another special surprise). The blue blur has a huge legacy as one of the most recognizable video game characters of all time and this game is a prime example of his greatness!

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the text heavy and licensed game votes:
Text Heavy
No 11 Downing Street: The Adventures of Ninja Nanny and Sherlock Sheltie 0
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 23
Fate/Stay Night 7
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors 5
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc 9
Scribblenauts Unlimited 3
Doki Doki Literature Club 4
Detroit: Become Human 3

Licensed
DuckTales 8
The Simpsons 6
GoldenEye 007 12
Tekken 3 4
Pepsiman 1
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes 15
The Walking Dead 0
Batman: Arkham Asylum 4
Marvel’s Spider-Man 8
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga 2

So Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 will both be added! Achivement, profile and action figures for both games are now open. Marvel characters are allowed to be submitted for MvC2 and so are characters who also appear in Street Fighter II.

So now here are the options for non-American/Japanese games and 1970s games:
Non-American or Japanese
Jet Set Willy ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Tomb Raider ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (@DarkVortex)
Mass Effect ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Little Big Planet ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Assassin’s Creed II ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Angry Birds ( FazDude FazDude )
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Stellaris ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )

1970s
Pong ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
The Oregon Trail ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )
Combat ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
DND ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Space Invaders ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Asteroids ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )

So for both please vote for your top four most wanted in order. Your own submission can’t be in first.

My votes:
  1. Jet Set Willy
  2. GTA
  3. Angry Birds
  4. AC2

1. Pong
  2. Space Invaders
  3. Asteroids
  4. Oregon Trail

1. GTA SA
2. AC2
3. Angry Birds (Ah, nostalgia)
4. Jet Set Willy

Honorable mentions to Mass Effect and Witcher 3.

1. Space Invaders
2. Pong
3. Oregon Trail
4. Asteroids

MvC2 achievements:
1. Hulk saved the world: Complete the arcade mode while playing Hulk.
2. Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good...: Lose an arcade mode while playing Spiderman.
3. I am inevitable: Defeat any opponent as Thanos.
4. Paws VS fists: Complete an arcade mode while playing Felicia (Darkstalkers)
5. For the America!: Complete an arcade mode while playing Capt. America or Guile.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. GTA
2. AC 2
3. Angry Birds
4. Mass Effect

1. Pong
2. Space Invaders
3. Asteroids
4. Oregon Trail

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
San Andreas
Tomb Raider
Witcher 3
Mass Effect

Combat
Space Invaders
Asteroids
DND

D

Deleted member

Achievements for MVC2

Avengers Assemble : Beat Arcade mode with a team of three Avengers characters
Children of the Atom: Beat Arcade mode with a team of three X-Men characters
World Warriors: Beat Arcade mode with a team of three Street Fighter characters
Night Warriors: Beat Arcade mode with a team of three Darkstalkers characters

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit some achievements and action figures:

MvC2
1. Rise of the Underdogs: Win the arcade mode with a team of Dan, Roll and ServBot
2. On A Ride: Get a combo of 40 or more
3. Happy Birthday: Hit two or more characters with the same super move
4. I’ve Come To Bargain: Visit the store 30 times
5. Life Bar Rescue: Fully recover a character’s red life

Action Figures:
1. Amingo
2. Ruby Heart
3. Abyss
4. Spider-Man
5. Ryu

Ace Attorney
1. Hey Look I’m A Lawyer: Present your badge to anyone
2. Perfect Defendant: Press every statement in a witness testimony
3. A Tradition’s Start: View the “step-ladder” conversation
4. Detail Obsessed: Fully explore a crime scene
5. Rise Like A Phoenix: Retry after getting the bad ending in Rise from the Ashes

1. Phoenix Wright
2. Mia Fey
3. Judge
4. Maya Fey
5. Miles Edgeworth

Top Bottom