• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: The Ultimate Game Collection - Continued

D

Deleted member

1. Resident Evil
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Oddworld

I feel like with Dead Space i'd prefer the original

1. SCII
2. Tekken
3. Melee

I think a KH game would be a great fit here, but I while I do think 2 is the better game gameplay wise, it just requires too much storyline baggage.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Resident Evil
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Dead Space

1. Tekken 3
2. KoF XIII
3. SC 2

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Shadow of The Colossus
2. Resident Evil
3. Dead Space

1. Tekken 3
2. Smash Melee
3. KoF 13 (if was KoF 98 or 97,i will put on first place)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Submit A Game Known For Difficulty

Games that are known (infamous, if you will) for being extremely difficult to complete are eligible here. They have to be hard for a normal play through under normal conditions. So if a game is normally easy but hard to 100% it’s not eligible.

Submit A 2020s Game

Originally I was going to have a job for modern games from 2015-present but I figured the 2020s have enough games to justify a job just for that decade. Remasters or remakes that came out in the 2020s are eligible but not if they were a part of a collection.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Very Hard Game: Contra

Contra_cover.jpg

Contra is a Run N Gun game developed and published by Konami,in this game,the player contros Bill Rizer and Lance Beam,two commandos are on a fight against aliens.

2020s Game: Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk_2077_capa.png

Calm down,i was joking,let's go to the my REAL 2020s Game submission

Real 2020s Game: Pizza Tower

Pizza_Tower_Promo_Art.jpg

Pizza Tower is a Platform game developed and published by Tour de Pizza,in the game,the player controls Peppino Spaghetti,an italian worker of a pizzeria who have a mission of climb into a tower to save his own pizzeria.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
2020s Fire Emblem Engage

Series side content & story/characters not at their best but the gameplay & core series experience is & game woukd introduce new players a little bit to the other lords and their worlds.

Difficult Super Monkey Ball 2

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I'll submit some content for super meat boy:
1. Iron Boy: Complete a chapter without taking any damage
2. Crossover!: Find any warp zone unlock character
3. No Animals Were Harmed...: Beat a level as Tofu Boy
4. Ten Years In The Future: Beat a level while constantly moving left
5. Nostalgia: Beat a warp zone

1. Meat Boy
2. Dr. Fetus
3. Bandage Girl
4. Meat Ninja
5. Tofu Boy

And then I'm not familiar enough with carmen sandiego to submit content but I will submit carmen as an action figure

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Profiles

Angry Birds

Hey Player!,are you thought just games of home consoles and arcades are in this video game collection?,you need to know that mobile games are welcome for to be in this collection!. One of this game collection is the biggest classic mobile game:Angry Birds!,Angry Birds is a casual Puzzle game developed and published by a finnish video game developer Rovio Entertainment,the story of this game is a group of birds have their three eggs stolen by green pigs who are wanted to eat the eggs and the mission of these birds are defeat all the pigs with a slingshot. In the game,you just controls a slingshot to aim and shoot to kill the green pigs who are on constructions made on wooden,glass,TNTs and stones,each bird have a different ability,the blue bird splits into three birds,the black bird explodes as a bomb,the yellow bird gives an aerial dash attack and other birds have different abilities. Angry Birds became a cultural phenomenon on the pop culture,this franchise of the wingless birds have cartoons as Angry Birds Toons,two movies made by Sony Pictures,spin-offs games as Bad Piggies and merchandise, Angry Birds is literally a iconic mobile game for the old school mobile game players plays by nostalgia on the ultimate game collection.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
2020s game: Kirby & The Forgotten Land
1686537777578.png

There may already be a couple of 3D platformers already, but both of those games are from the era where 3D platformers were relatively new, so it could be nice to have a more modern take.

hard game: Mega Man 2
1686538110701.png

Mega Man games are well known for their difficulty, & Mega Man 2 is by far the most popular entry, so it makes the most sense to represent the series.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
My submissions will be:

Resident Evil 4 (Remake)

Yes the game I was considering submitting earlier, I want Resident Evil 4 alongside its remake. Seriously though RE4 is more than enough of a big game to justify increased coverage in this collection and having an original game alongside its remake could help new players understand the concept of a remake and compare the old game to the new game to see how the industry changed over time, an interesting concept for a new player.

Dwarf Fortress

Envisioning the remaster to be the one getting submitted here so it technically released in the 2020s but I’m submitting this for the difficult game job. Dwarf Fortress is a management game known for being extremely difficult released on PC. It influenced a ton of games including Minecraft and was even featured alongside other games in an exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art to honour video game history. It’s lesser known but still a gem and more than hard enough to be in this job.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the results of the remake and crossover voting:
Resident Evil 11
Oddworld: New ‘N Tasty 1
Zippy the Porcupine 0
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia 2
Shadow of the Colossus 10
Final Fantasy VII Remake 4
Dead Space 7

Tekken 3 14
Super Smash Bros. Melee 5
SoulCalibur II 8
Kingdom Hearts II 0
The King of Fighters XIII 7
HewDraw Remix 2

So Tekken 3 and Resident Evil will be added! Content for both now open.

Now here are the options for difficult games and 2020s games. Please vote for your top three most wanted, your own submission can only be in second or third place.
Contra ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Mega Man 2 ( Otoad64 Otoad64 )
Super Monkey Ball 2 ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Cuphead ( FazDude FazDude )
Dwarf Fortress ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )

Annalynn ( FazDude FazDude )
Kirby and the Forgotten Land ( Otoad64 Otoad64 )
Pizza Tower ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Fire Emblem: Engage ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Resident Evil 4 ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )

My votes:
  1. Mega Man 2
  2. Dwarf Fortress
  3. Cuphead

1. Annalynn
  2. RE4
  3. Cuphead

D

Deleted member

1. Dwarf Fortress
2. Cuphead
3. Contra

1. Pizza Tower
2. Annalyn
3. Resi 4

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I'll submit some content:
Tekken 3
1. Iron Fist: Get a ten hit combo
2. Full Roster: Unlock every character
3. Jack of All Trades: Switch to every one of Lei's stances in one fight
4. Knockdown: Get a double KO
5. The Tournament Winner!: Beat Ancient Ogre's first phase as Paul Phoenix

1. Jin Kazama
2. Nina Williams
3. King
4. Ling Xiaoyu
5. Eddy Gordo

Resident Evil
1. Bullet Sponge: Defeat a normal zombie with normal bullets
2. Age of Crank: Take the crank out of an item box
3. Hand-To-Hand: Beat a boss with a knife
4. Out Alive: Save everybody at the end of the game
5. Rocket In My Pocket: Beat a boss using a rocket launcher

1. Jill Valentine
2. Chris Redfield
3. Albert Wesker
4. Barry Burton
5. Rebecca Chambers

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Mega Man 2
2. Contra
3. Cuphead

1. Kirby and The Forgotten Land
2. Pizza Tower
3. Annalynn

I almost putted Resident Evil 4 on my vote list,but the game is on the ultimate game collection

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Mega Man 2
2. Contra
3. Cuphead

1. Pizza Tower
2. Annalynn
3. Kirby and Forgotten Land

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Submit A Fangame Or Homebrew Game

The games eligible for this job are games made unofficially by fans of a game in that game’s series, and games made unofficially for a console after its release. Mods of a game aren’t eligible unless it plays like a completely different experience.

Submit A Game With A Dad In It

Happy Father’s Day. Literally any game with a dad in it is eligible. It does not need to be a dad in a main role and it does not need to be a biological father figure, literally anything with a dad in it is fine.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Fangame or homebrew game: Super Smash Flash 2

images (1).jpeg

Super Smash Flash 2 is a flash and Platfighter game developed by SSF2 Team and published by McLeodGaming,this game is a fangame of Super Smash Bros.,having characters that aren't on official Smash games as Bomberman ,Krystal ,Waluigi, Rayman and others,and new modes as Sandbag Soccer and Sandbag Basketball.

I wanted to submit any Sonic fangame,Super Smash Bros. Crusade or Super Mario Bros. Crossover,but there are a lot of Sonic fangames that are hard to choose,Smash Crusade have a little bugs and bad characters sprites and Super Mario Bros. Crossover is the same original Super Mario Bros.,but with others characters.

Game with Dad: Silent Hill

Silent_Hill_video_game_cover.png

Silent Hill is an horror game developed by Team Silent and published by Konami,in this game the protagonist Harry Manson needs to find his daughter on an abandoned city called Silent Hill.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Fangame: Sonic Robo Blast 2

Maybe you've heard people say this extravagant Doom: Legacy hack has been in development for 20+ years and believed it, but it's hard to internalize until you realize that when Sonic Adventure got released, its detractors just stuck to SRB2. That's how old this game is. But despite that, it's very modern and very, very good. Sonic fangames are a core part of fangames in general and SRB2 is the biggest one of all. To top it all off, this might be the best choice for a 3D Sonic game, as the only other unanimously good 3D game (Generations) would probably alienate people who haven't played the games it's celebrating.

Also we get to have two games named Sonic 2 so that's kinda cool

Last edited:
Fan game submission:
Pokemon Uranium
1687107043807.png
Pokemon Uranium is a RPG video game made by JV and it takes place in the Tandor region, which is based on Brazil. There are 200 pokemon in the pokedex and there are 8 gym leaders in the game. The story is about young hero, who finds out that his parents were lost after nuclear explosion and he has to also stop the irradiated pokemon from destroying the region.

Pokemon Uranium is considered as one of the best pokemon fan games of all time and it became so popular among the fans. Also it was so popular that Nintendo sent a DMCA strike multiple times, making the game cease it's development.

I think it totally makes sense to add a second pokemon game into a collection since pokemon is a huge franchise and we have only one game in the collection. I know we have a lot of Nintendo games, but Pokemon is partially owned by Game Freak & Creatures Inc., making it as a pseudo-Nintendo game.

Dad game submission:
God of War (2018)
1687107237232.png
God of War (2018) is an action-adventure & hack N slash video game made by Santa Monica studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment in 2018 for PS4 and later on PS5. The game is about Kratos and his son Atreus traveling through ancient Scandinavia and need to fulfill her request that her ashes be spread at the highest peak of the nine realms. They encounter various creatures and gods from Norse mythology.

God of War (2018) is considered as one of the greatest video games of all time just like God of War (2005) and it started the "norse" era on high note. Plus it even got a sequel called "God of War: Ragnarok" and it also got the same acclaim as this game.

I feel that we should include a second GoW video game since God of War is really popular enough to get a second entry in this collection. Plus we need more Sony games.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
CTGP7

Surprised we dont have a Mario Kart game, this fan romhack adds many new cups (total around same as 8 deluxe & booster pack) plus character skins & other enhancemennts & features.

Octodad - idk havent played the game but was the 1st to come to mind for the prompt

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I'll resubmit KOF 13 for the dad game

The King of Fighters XIII

The King of Fighters series is a massive franchise and we could be representing not only that series but SNK as a whole with this game. KOF 13 is often seen as the best one and features a lot of the series’ most iconic characters so I think it would be a good entry point. We could use some more fighting games too.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Hard Games:
  1. Mega Man 2
  2. Dwarf Fortress
  3. Contra
2020s:
  1. Annalynn
  2. Fire Emblem: Engage
  3. Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Fan Game - Rayman Redemption

A fan-made reimagining of Ubisoft's first game from the series (France) that originally released on Atari Jaguar, PlayStation, SEGA Saturn and PC (through MS-DOS), Rayman Redemption is released by a Finlandian developer Ryemanni on Game Jolt in June 19th, 2020, which fixes the problems from the 1995 game (which is known for being quite difficult because of level design) while adding features like new worlds, levels, enemies, unlockables, minigames, collectables and much more. Given that the game already has achievements, they can be straight up brought from the official list like Return to Monkey Island and Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection.

Father/Dad Game - Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Garou: Mark of the Wolves is a fighting game, which was developed by SNK Corporation and released for their Neo-Geo arcade/home console system in November 26th, 1999. The eighth installment of the Fatal Fury series (from which SNK's mascot Terry Bogard comes alongside other characters in The King of Fighters), the game focuses on Rock Howard, a illegitimate son of the series' antagonist Geese Howard, who died from his confrontation with Terry as of Real Bout Fatal Fury, with the latter taking him under his wing as a protege for ten years, participating in a new "Maximum Mayhem" fighting tournament to face it's host and his uncle, Kain R. Heinlein.

Often declared among the best fighting games made on Neo-Geo, and compared to Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike released the same year, Garou: Mark of the Wolves is acclaimed for it's animation/graphics, story, gameplay (especially a defense system) and soundtrack (original/arranged), with various characters showing up in SNK's other games such as The King of Fighters (Terry's appearance in 2003 & XI, Maximum Impact, XIV and Rock's team alongside B. Jenet & Gato in XV being examples). As of August 2022 during it's EVO event, a long-awaited sequel of the game (and thus Fatal Fury overall) has also been announced after a earlier attempt with new fighters (possible action figures alongside other Fatal Fury characters?) and additional moves for veterans, such as Terry's diagonal Rising Tackle & Kim Jae Hoon using his father's Tenshokyaku (some of the latter could work as one of the new features for it's port in Ultimate Game Collection, a la Sheng Long in Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, besides choosing between OST/AST soundtracks above).

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I will submit some profiles
Assassin’s Creed II
Assassin’s Creed II directly follows the story of the first Assassin’s Creed. It has Desmond Miles escaping a test chamber and learning he is of a secret order of assassins in an ancient conflict with the Templars, an order with the goal of taking over the whole world to instill order in it. In order to help the order he must use a device called the Animus to relive the memories of Ezio Auditore, an assassin living in 15th century Italy and retrieve an ancient artifact. The bulk of the gameplay consists of stealth, action, and exploring extremely accurate recreations of cities like Florence and Venice as they looked in the Renaissance era. These recreations have even been praised by historians for their accuracy and the game also features numerous famous historical figures of the era such as Leonardo DaVinci, Niccolo Machiavelli, and Rodrigo Borgia (later known as Pope Alexander VI). It even has an in-game database for anyone who might want to learn more about the real people and locations behind this game. Assassin’s Creed is currently one of the best selling series of all time with games spanning time periods from the American revolution to Victorian England to even ancient civilizations like Egypt or Persia, and many people say Assassin’s Creed II was where it truly picked up.

Portal
Portal is a deceptively simple physics based puzzle game released as part of Valve’s Orange Box collection. It has a simple goal: think with portals. In various different test chambers you solve different puzzles using a portal gun able to shoot one portal in one place and another in another spot. As you play more and more elements get introduced to you and you begin to notice… strange things in the chamber you’re in. The game has become a classic for not only its level design but the intelligent writing and eerie atmosphere as well. A huge amount of early internet culture and memes was spawned from the witty writing and many other games have been influenced by it as well. Following Portal, Valve didn’t just authorize a sequel in 2011’s Portal 2 (also available in this collection) but spin-offs such as Bridge Constructor: Portal and Aperture Desk Job as well.

Okami
Okami is a cult classic action adventure game released in 2006 for PlayStation 2 by Capcom’s Clover Studios, later rereleased for the Wii system. In a long, sweeping adventure across ancient Japan with a beautiful cel shaded artstyle, you play as a reincarnation of the goddess Amaterasu in a wolf form and her helpful(?) small grasshopper-like guide Issun. Your journey is long and takes you to many places but your main goal is to find every god to collect Amaterasu’s celestial brush techniques to take on the evil Orochi (or maybe something more sinister?). The main hook with the game is the celestial brush. By using a brush Amaterasu can paint things like bridges or bombs to help her get places and solve puzzles, or even to fight demons in combat. The game was influenced by the adventure of The Legend of Zelda series with action from the Devil May Cry series, all put together for an epic tale.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the results of the difficult and 2020s game voting:
Contra 10
Mega Man 2 16
Super Monkey Ball 2 5
Cuphead 15
Dwarf Fortress 9

Annalynn 14
Kirby and the Forgotten Land 10
Pizza Tower 17
Fire Emblem: Engage 3
Resident Evil 4 5

So Mega Man 2 and Pizza Tower will both be added! Content for both are now open.

Here are the options for fangames and dad games:
Fangame
Sonic Robo Blast 2 ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
Halo 2600 ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Super Smash Flash 2 ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Pokémon Uranium ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
CTGP 7 ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Sonic Utopia ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Hewdraw Remix ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Rayman Redemption ( tonygameman tonygameman )

Dad
The Simpsons ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Silent Hill ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Garou: Mark of the Wolves ( tonygameman tonygameman )
The King of Fighters XIII ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Octodad: Dadliest Catch ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
God of War ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )

So please vote for your top three most wanted for both. Your own submission can only be in second or third.
My votes:
  1. Sonic Robo Blast 2
  2. Halo 2600
  3. Smash Flash 2

1. Simpsons
  2. Silent Hill
  3. Garou

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here are the results of the difficult and 2020s game voting:
Contra 10
Mega Man 2 16
Super Monkey Ball 2 5
Cuphead 15
Dwarf Fortress 9

Annalynn 14
Kirby and the Forgotten Land 10
Pizza Tower 17
Fire Emblem: Engage 3
Resident Evil 4 5

So Mega Man 2 and Pizza Tower will both be added! Content for both are now open.

Here are the options for fangames and dad games:
Fangame
Sonic Robo Blast 2 ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
Halo 2600 ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Super Smash Flash 2 ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Pokémon Uranium ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
CTGP 7 ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Hewdraw Remix ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Rayman Redemption ( tonygameman tonygameman )

Dad
The Simpsons ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Silent Hill ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Garou: Mark of the Wolves ( tonygameman tonygameman )
The King of Fighters XIII ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Octodad: Dadliest Catch ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
God of War ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )

So please vote for your top three most wanted for both. Your own submission can only be in second or third.
My votes:
  1. Sonic Robo Blast 2
  2. Halo 2600
  3. Smash Flash 2

1. Simpsons
  2. Silent Hill
  3. Garou
You forgot Northsouthmap Northsouthmap 's submissions

1. Sonic Robo Blast 2
2. Pokémon Uranium
3. Halo 2600

It would be weird to have SSF2 before we have a mainline smash game