• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
The draculas castle stage submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #128: Submit An Assist Trophy For A Series Without Any
Just submit an assist trophy from a series that’s represented in this thread with a fighter but doesn’t have one already. Please submit a character, what series theyre from, and explain how they would work.
Solitare (Windows)
The cards bounce all around the screen into crazy formations like when one wins in Microsoft Solitare.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 128

Fireborne Baron (Doom)

This would be a relatively large assist with a few attacks
Jump - The Baron would jump and once they land they cause a burning shockwave to appear
Slash - The Baron slashes with it's 2 burning blades
Fire - The Baron shoots a fireball.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job 128:
Space Harrier (Space Harrier)

When summoned via Assist Trophy, he could fly above the Stage and shoot from mid-air on fighters or from Background like Andross AT. He could occasionally Swoop at enemies with great force.
He can't be KOed.

Although, he could represent SEGA Misc. Franchises by Assist.
For now it has to be characters from series represented on the roster with a fighter

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Diddy Kong Racers

When this AT is summoned, a warning arrow appears and multiple Diddy Kong Racing characters get on stage and drive by on platforms - they can but don't have to jump onto other platforms, meaning what ground is avaliable will vary depending how many jump and how many fall off. After driving by they get into planes and fly from the background into the foreground.

Diddy, Banjo, and Conker don't appear. Wizpig and Taj, driving cars/piloting planes like in DS, do appear but are rare (NPI) sights

AlRex

Smash Lord
150px-SSBU_Stanley_Spirit.png

Stanley Bugman is an alternate take on a DK Assist Trophy. Since I doubt anyone will submit him as a character before the likes of Peach, Yoshi, Diddy, K. Rool, etc., I'll have him show up here to run around and shoot out bug spray shots that lightly push away and poison foes, racking damage percentages up on them. He's not really going to KO a foe, but he can set you up to do so fairly well.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll renominate King Dedede since I noticed that Kirby doesn’t have an assist trophy yet.

View attachment 328786
I’ll nominate King Dedede from the Kirby series since he is a notable character from Kirby. In terms of fighting, I would see him play similarly to how he does in Ultimate, where he would use his specials, but his down special is replaced with him holding out his hammer and spinning around.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the options for Job #128. Please vote for your top three most wanted in order, you can only vote for your own submission in second or third place.
KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57 Solitaire
cashregister9 cashregister9 Fireborn Baron
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Lakitu & Spinies
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Dracula
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Diddy Kong Racers
AlRex AlRex Stanley the Bugman
@Darkonedagger EMMI
Pupp135 Pupp135 Kinb Dedede

My votes:
1. Fireborn Baron
2. Stanley
3. Dracula
Think we should prioritize assist trophies from big series that don’t have any, since we don’t have much room for more assist trophies

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #128 voting:
Solitaire 10
Fireborn Baron 8
Lakitu & Spinies 2
Dracula 18
Diddy Kong Racers 3
Stanley the Bugman 2
EMMI 2
King Dedede 5

And so we will add Dracula, Solitaire and Fireborn Baron as assist trophies. Now onto the next job:

Job #129: Submit A Moveset For Doom Slayer
Submit what you think should be Doom Slayer’s moveset. All you need to submit are the specials and final smash although you can do more if you want to.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My moveset:
The normal attacks mostly use guns and projectiles and the specials are up-close melee weapons. I think this would be a good way to represent the brutal “rip and tear” style of doom and set him apart from the other gun users (which we have a lot lol)
Neutral Special: Chainsaw

He pulls out a chainsaw and holds it forward for a second. If people are there when he uses this attack he will swing it upwards, dealing lots of damage and knocking them away

Side Special: Crucible

He swings the Crucible sword forward. It’s a very heavy attack and follows the same pattern as Byleth’s down b from our universe although a little faster and much less dangerous. It still does a lot of damage though.

Up Special: Hook

A pretty standard grappling attack but it does more damage than usual if it hits an opponent

Down Special: Berserk
A counter. Doomslayer pulls out a small axe for a second. If he’s hit during this time he will counter by repeatedly punching them and then hit them away very quickly. He turns red during this time.

Final Smash: Doom’s Gate
He shoots a shotgun forward. If it hits anyone it leads into a still image where the opponent is surrounded by demons in a way that mimicks the cover of the original doom game

AlRex

Smash Lord
DOOM Slayer, in terms of his "normal" attacks, usually prefers getting up close and brutal. He'll use a chainsaw, a retractable wrist blade, hooks, the energized "Crucible" sword, some strong shotgun blasts, and even his bare hands. He even has a mechanic where, if he deals enough damage on a foe, a blue indicator will show up on them, allowing DOOM Slayer to do a particularly strong attack. These are "Glory Kills", though they're less gory than in the original games, they're no less devastating.

DOOM Slayer's specials are more about range. DOOM Slayer has a wide variety of guns, and he's certainly willing to use them.

Neutral Special: BFG 9000
DOOM Slayer’s biggest gun. Large energy projectile that hits hard and can draw in foes with small electrical coils at short range. The only problem is that it’s not quite as fast as his other attacks.

Up Special: Rocket Jump
DOOM Slayer shoots a rocket launcher downward, propelling himself upward and sending an explosive rocket downward.

Forward Special: Chain Gun
DOOM Slayer pulls this gun out which can release a ton of smaller bullets rapid fire.

Down Special: Equipment Launcher
DOOM Slayer has a shoulder mounted cannon that alternates between three types of ammunition in succession. The Flame Belch, which shoots out a decently-ranged burst of flame, the Ice Bomb, which is tossed out and can explode to temporarily freeze foes upon impact, and the Frag Grenade, which is like the Ice Bomb, but it simply explodes instead of being icy.

FS: The Unmaker/Crucible
The DOOM Slayer pulls out the only gun that could rival the BFG 9000, and possibly surpass it, rapidly firing out spread shot of energy projectiles, before eventually finishing off by stabbing forward across the stage, likely into a foe or several, with his skeletal sword, the Crucible.

Might expand some of the descriptions later. I’ll add for now that DOOM Slayer’s UI would show his face reacting over time to certain actions or damage that he takes, similarly to Tankman’s.

Last edited:
My Moveset:
Normal, aerial and Smash Attacks are based on Melee Attacks like F-Smash as Crucible Sword and Ranged Attacks like Normal Shotgun as F-tilt. Also, he has Ammo Mechanic and he can reload when he has Shield. On his UI, his face is shown how he is damaged, akin to original DOOM Game. He has also Glory Kills like AlRex said, but it's more like Sora's Unique Finishing.

Neutral Special: SuperShotgun
DOOM Slayer shoots out Pellets that spread in 30° Arc with medium Range. Also, if you're closer towards attack, it gives a huge damage, but if you're further, then damage is small. Secretly it can Break Shield is you're Close to Enemy.

Side Special: Chainsaw
DOOM Slayer pulls out his Trusty Chainsaw and rushes forward really fast and slashes with it without Mercy. It gives High Damage! Better watch out or you're dead!

Up Special: Meat Hook
Acts as Joker's UP B in aerial way, but its more faster and deadlier. Also it can pull enemies to him like Scorpion when you're on the Ground, but you can interrupt it and let enemy to fly at you and you can use Neutral B or Side B or Even Stronger Attack to finish it.

Down B: Berserker Axe
DOOM Slayer pulls up his Deadly AXE! It acts like Byleth's Axe, but gives a Deadly Kill that you can't counter if or Shield it, since it can break shields or Barrier-type moves.

Final Smash: BFG 9000
When DOOM Slayer Activates the Final Smash, he rushes forwards to cutscene, where Players land on Mars and DOOM Slayer brings his Ultimate Weapon: BFG 9000!!! and shoots at 4 foes trapped in Final Smash and after Shooting Finish, the foes are getting launched away into Spacey KO, leaving them Instant Killed.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Submitting some more profiles:
Solitare
Blue Screen of Death
Internet Explorer
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows NT 4.0
Windows XP

Profile Submittion:
Metroid:
Raven Beak
Windows:
Purble Place
Error Message
Others:
Urban Champion
Fox McCloud
Andross (64 Incarnation)
Olimar & Pikmin
Marth (Fire Emblem)
Inkling
Springman
Space Harrier
Ferrari Testarossa (OutRun)
Opa-Opa (Fantasy Zone)
AGES (Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing Transformed)
Kazuya Mishima
Klonoa
Capt. Price (Call of Duty)
Viewtiful Joe

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Profile Submittion:
Metroid:
Raven Beak
Windows:
Purble Place
Error Message
Others:
Urban Champion
Fox McCloud
Andross (64 Incarnation)
Olimar & Pikmin
Marth (Fire Emblem)
Inkling
Springman
Space Harrier
Ferrari Testarossa (OutRun)
Opa-Opa (Fantasy Zone)
AGES (Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing Transformed)
Kazuya Mishima
Klonoa
Capt. Price (Call of Duty)
Viewtiful Joe
I won’t be able to use some of those since we have a rule that a company can only have 15 series represented only with profiles or music tracks

Anyway my Doomslayer moveset will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #130: Submit a Character Who Didn’t Debut on the Big 3 Consoles (Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation)
Time for the character prompt. For this one I would like you to submit a fighter who didn’t debut on a nintendo system, xbox or playstation. Please submit the character, explain a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game. Two characters will be added.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile-3.jpg

Pitfall Harry
My first ever post on this thread, Pitfall Harry will represent Atari, like previously he would be a lightweight and look like his classic Atari sprite, his main gimmick is that he will change his body into sprites from various 2600 games like the offical Mr Game and Watch.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I won’t be able to use some of those since we have a rule that a company can only have 15 series represented only with profiles or music tracks

Anyway my Doomslayer moveset will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #130: Submit a Character Who Didn’t Debut on the Big 3 Consoles (Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation)
Time for the character prompt. For this one I would like you to submit a fighter who didn’t debut on a nintendo system, xbox or playstation. Please submit the character, explain a bit about how they would fight, and why they should be in this game. Two characters will be added.
Resubmitting an earlier Knuckles submission.
Knuckles fights with his fists and also by gliding and punching and spin dashing.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 130

Adol

Adol is the main character of the Ys franchise, a franchise that Debuted on the PC-8801 a console that ended up evolving into the Turbografx-16

Adol would be a very agile swordfighter with good combo tools

Ys helped define the modern Hack and slash and also has a kickin' soundtrack

I also feel like the roster could use a healthy dose of Weeb **** Obscure games that still had a large effect on videogame history

Last edited:
Job 130:
Alex Kidd

I nominate him, because he didn't debuted on Xbox, Nintendo or Playstation, UT he debuted on Sega Master System. Also, he could be another SEGA rep in this Game with cool moveset potential. Also he could use New Design from AK In Miracle World DX. We need more SEGA reps in this game to dose the game very healthier.

D

Deleted member

Resubmitting Lara. Dispite her strong playstation legacy, she debuted on the Sega Saturn.

Lara Croft

This game desperately needs more female characters and who is a more iconic female character than Lara? She could have multiple alts referencing her various appearances. she would use her guns, and we could find ways to work the various traps from her seires into the moveset.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
OK, I'll try my hand at a character submission for the first time. If you know which creation thread I run on this site, this might come off as a lil' obvious, but I do think this would be a worthwhile inclusion. Introducing the man himself....

Job #130: The Harrier from Space Harrier
20211014_081438.jpg

See the blonde dude with the gun? Yeah that's him.

Space Harrier is a 1985 arcade shooter by SEGA - I'm assuming arcade games are eligible for this prompt, but if not, then I'll retract the submission. And indeed, this lovely fella is "Harrier", the protagonist of the game. Armed with a big-ass gun, he maneuvers through a variety of crazy landscapes in a mission to bring peace to the Fantasy Zone. The game was a huge hit in arcades, is often considered to be an early notable example of the on-rails shooter, and has been ported to, like, a million things.

The main reason I'm submitting Harrier is cause I feel like he could do a great job at representing the legacy of SEGA's arcade classics. This game was created by the legendary Yu Suzuki, who's the man behind many of SEGA's big arcade hits from the 80s (such as Hang-On, OutRun and After Burner) which, with their advanced Super Scaler technology and over-the-top control methods, helped give strength to the arcades in a time where the rise of console gaming was beginning to threaten them. Yu was a visionary and quite possibly the most influential dev in SEGA's history, and even after the 80s, he still kept making iconic games like Virtua Fighter and Shenmue, so I feel like his work deserves some form of representation in what's specifically made to be a version of Smash with more focus on gaming history as a whole. Also cause our playable SEGA representation is kinda weak rn - we have three Sonic characters and Nothing Else. Like, I get how popular Sonic is and how the "Sonic needs more characters" sentiment in this community is at a noticeable high atm, but jeez, they've made other contributions to the industry too, ya know. Anyway, long story short: SEGA's arcade games (and the ones created by Yu Suzuki in particular) are very iconic and important to their history, and I feel like they deserve someone who can act as a "general rep" for them. And Space Harrier is one of the most iconic of them all, and you can't exactly spin a playable fighter out of something like OutRun, and I feel like stuff like VF would probably be a better fit as its own self-contained series in this roster, so yeah, I think Harrier would be really cool.

And yeah, I've alluded to it several times now, but my pitch for Harrier is that he could be representing a general "SEGA Arcade" series that covers all their arcade games like what we've done with Amingo and Capcom. It'd certainly be worth it for the music - SEGA's sound team went so hard back in the day that they had their own in-house rock band that covered their songs!

In terms of gameplay, I picture Harrier as mainly being a projectile character, focusing on shooting out various types of lasers. He could also have some physical attacks that wouldn't require fists, such as kicks or shoulder bashing. He could also potentially summon out a couple things, like fellow old-school SEGA arcade icon Opa-Opa (whose game takes place in the same universe as Space Harrier), and Uriah, the dragon from Space Harrier's bonus stages.

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a rush right now but yeah Harrier would be epic I think

Last edited:
OK, I'll try my hand at a character submission for the first time. If you know which creation thread I run on this site, this might come off as a lil' obvious, but I do think this would be a worthwhile inclusion. Introducing the man himself....

Job #130: The Harrier from Space Harrier
View attachment 334240
See the blonde dude with the gun? Yeah that's him.

Space Harrier is a 1985 arcade shooter by SEGA - I'm assuming arcade games are eligible for this prompt, but if not, then I'll retract the submission. And indeed, this lovely fella is "Harrier", the protagonist of the game. Armed with a big-ass gun, he maneuvers through a variety of crazy landscapes in a mission to bring peace to the Fantasy Zone. The game was a huge hit in arcades, is often considered to be an early notable example of the on-rails shooter, and has been ported to, like, a million things.

The main reason I'm submitting Harrier is cause I feel like he could do a great job at representing the legacy of SEGA's arcade classics. This game was created by the legendary Yu Suzuki, who's the man behind many of SEGA's big arcade hits from the 80s (such as Hang-On, OutRun and After Burner) which, with their advanced Super Scaler technology and over-the-top control methods, helped give strength to the arcades in a time where the rise of console gaming was beginning to threaten them. Yu was a visionary and quite possible the most influential dev in SEGA's history, and even after the 80s, he still kept making iconic games like Virtua Fighter and Shenmue, so I feel like his work deserves some form of representation in what's specifically made to be a version of Smash with more focus on gaming history as a whole. Also cause our playable SEGA representation is kinda weak rn - we have three Sonic characters and Nothing Else. Like, I get how popular Sonic is and how the "Sonic needs more characters" sentiment in this community is at a noticeable high atm, but jeez, they've made other contributions to the industry too, ya know. Anyway, long story short: SEGA's arcade games (the ones created by Yu Suzuki in particular) are very iconic and important to their history, and I feel like they deserve someone who can act as a "general rep" for them. And Space Harrier is one of the most iconic of them all, and you can't exactly spin a playable fighter out of something like OutRun, and I feel like stuff like VF would probably be a better fit as its own self-contained series in this roster, so yeah, I think Harrier would be really cool.

And yeah, I've alluded to it several times now, but my pitch for Harrier is that he could be representing a general "SEGA Arcade" series that covers all their arcade games like what we've done with Amingo and Capcom. It'd certainly be worth it for the music - SEGA's sound team went so hard back in the day that they had their own in-house rock band that covered their songs!

In terms of gameplay, I picture Harrier as mainly being a projectile character, focusing on shooting out various types of lasers. He could also have some physical attacks that wouldn't require fists, such as kicks or shoulder bashing. He could also potentially summon out a couple things, like fellow old-school SEGA arcade icon Opa-Opa (whose game takes place in the same universe as Space Harrier), and Uriah, the dragon from Space Harrier's bonus stages.

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a rush right now but yeah Harrier would be epic I think
Your Idea is Genius dude! I thought he could be an Assist Trophy, but he could be better Fighter!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit Chun-Li

One of the most popular characters of the series, chun-li is often second to get into every crossover with ryu and is often considered the face of the series next to him. She’s one of the most iconic characters in fighting games and judging by how a lot of people think our universe should add her, I think she would be a good addition.

She would fight with all the techniques she has in the street fighter games and would also likely have a focus attack since ryu has one.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
I will resubmit Frogger
Frogger
View attachment 325157
Frogger may not be talked a lot about today, but his game is really iconic to older audiences. You had to at least see a reference to his game mechanic out there somewhere. Frogger could have a interesting and creative moveset. Frogger could swing his brief case around as a weapon. He could act more like a frog by using his tongue for attacks. Maybe Frogger‘s moveset could even be about summoning obstacles at opponents, while trying to dodge them himself.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
If virtual pets are allowed, I’ll nominate Agumon since Digimon is a long running franchise. In terms of moveset, I’d assume he’d play similar to Crusade, including his ability to digivolve into Greymon.

AlRex

Smash Lord
There’s honestly a ton of great characters submitted to this already, still, I might go with a really old submission of mine.
Job 15 130(!): Some of the biggest options have already been submitted, so I'll put in a personal favorite...
View attachment 318593
Marco Rossi, from Metal Slug!
So far, we don't have a shooter type of character (okay, now we certainly do), and he could vary that up with some thrown explosives, knives, different types of guns and ammo (ROCKET LAUNCHER! HEAVY MACHINE GUN!), and even hopping into the titular Metal Slug tank. He could also have alts for the other main three characters besides him, Tarma, Eri, and Fio.

Top Bottom