• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since a handful of people are nominating additional characters for series, I’ll renominate Pokemon Trainer.
View attachment 324428
I’m choosing the Pokemon Trainer since they are the player character of the Pokemon games, which is one of the most popular video game franchises. Unlike Brawl ans Ultimate, the trainer would do the fighting. In terms of moveset, the trainer can use their bike, throw rocks, and also use a pokemon to fly on. There would different alts including Red, Blue, Leaf, Ethan, May, and Dawn.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Hee Ho!
Jack Frost makes Smash Bros cool!

Hee Whoo is Jack Frost?
Jack Frost is the mascot of the Shin Megami Tensei series and Atlus in general who has a tendency to say "Hee Ho." And fun fact to some of you: Atlus developed Persona! Persona is even a spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei series! Anyway, Jack Frost is an enemy who has appeared in every Shin Megami Tensei game to date (SMT). Jack Frost's popularity has even gotten him TWO games, with Jack Bros on the Virtual Boy and Synchronity Prologue, a limited edition game for PC. Jack Frost has several versions of him, including King Frost, Black Frost, Demonee-ho, and Frost Ace, all of which can be included in his moveset in some way (but we get there when we get there!)

Hee How would Jack Frost play?
Keeping it simple: Jack Frost would use ice spells and various other skills in his arsenal, as well as using his different forms. He could even summon certain Demons from the SMT series for certain attacks!

Why should Jack Frost get in, ho?
Jack Frost could not only be a representative of Atlus, but also a representative of SMT and Persona. SMT is the original series, but Persona is more popular, so why not add a character who appears in both games? And also, Jack Frost is a true neutral in the alignment chart, something we have very little of. Overall, Jack Frost is very deserving of a spot, so be sure to vote for him!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
My submission will be Ezio from Assassin’s Creed II

Assassin’s Creed is a (mostly) open world game series set in real historical locations. It’s an extremely popular series praised for accuracy and is one of the best selling game franchises ever. My submission for this job will be Ezio who was the protagonist of Assassin’s Creed II set in Renaissance Italy.

He would be a very quick, light and athletic fighter who would use swords, hidden blades, and other weapons that a Renaissance era assassin would use.

I feel like he would be a good pick because the series is very iconic and popular, and Ezio is the most well liked character of the series by far thanks to his fun personality and great character arc. He would also be a very unique fighter for something like this. also if he gets in we are 100% including a sea chanties medley since ac4 was about pirates. we may even be able to include some real life people as profiles if they’re important enough to a particular assassin’s creed’s story.

D

Deleted member

Lara Croft

This game desperately needs more female characters and who is a more iconic female character than Lara? She could have multiple alts referencing her various appearances. she would use her guns, and we could find ways to work the various traps from her seires into the moveset.

Job:
Olimar (Pikmin)

Olimar is main character of Pikmin games. In his games, you need to survive on Planet PNF-404 using his sidekicks - Pikmin. They do have unique stuff like immunes for elements like Fire or Electric.

He could act like in Smash, but in different way. He could use Smash Attacks as Pikmin like Rock Pikmin or Purple Pikmin or Aerials with Flying Pikmin.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the Job #125 voting:
Gilgamesh 0
PaRappa the Rapper 8
Virtual Boy 0
Dr. Eggman 13
Jack Frost 1
Ezio 4
Lara Croft 12
Olimar 2

And so Dr Eggman will be added to the roster! Now onto the next job:

Job #126: Submit A Future Newcomer Prompt
We’re gonna get an opportunity to submit newcomer prompts again, but this time we won’t do all the newcomer prompts at once when we get them. So please submit a prompt you think should be used for a future newcomer job in the future.

The prompt has to be broad enough that a good variety of characters would be eligible, and it can’t be based on any specific console or company.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Submit a character who debuted on something other than the current big three (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft).

So you could submit someone who debuted on SEGA, non Microsoft PCs (if you can find one), other handhelds, arcades, etc. Pretty open-ended, but with a limitation. I hope this isn't too close to being based on specific consoles, though it's kind of the inverse of that.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Okay, here are prompt options for this job:
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario A side character
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule A character not from America or Japan
KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57 A character from the early 1990s
Pupp135 Pupp135 A character from the 21st century
cashregister9 cashregister9 A character from a JRPG
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb A non-human character
AlRex AlRex Non-big 3 console
Yiptap Yiptap Mascot

Please vote for your top three most wanted prompt in order. You can only put your own submission in second or third place.
My votes:
1. Non big 3
2. Side characte
3. Non american or japanese

AlRex

Smash Lord
Quick question for AlRex AlRex , is Sega included alongside the "big 3" in your prompt?
SEGA is not, mostly just the main three console makers now. So you could use characters who debuted on SEGA, Atari, Colecovision (?), Turbografx, etc.

My personal votes
1. Non-America/Japan
2. Non-Big-Three
3. Non-Human

D

Deleted member

1. Non big 3
2. Non american or japanese
3. Side character

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of our voting:
Side character 9
Non-American or Japanese 11
Early 1990s 3
21st Century 1
JRPG 0
Non-human 4
Non-big 3 16
Mascot 4

And so for the coming job prompts we will use a side character, a non American or Japanese character and a character not from the current big three. The big 3 one will add two characters.

Now the next job:
Job #127: Submit A Castlevania Stage
Submit what you think should be the stage for Simon and Richter. Please submit the location and layout.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dracula's Castle
140B3F0A-A74A-4B04-803A-1EC430B1974F.jpeg

The equivalent to our world's Yoshi's Story stage (Melee, not 64). Randall (the cloud)'s eerie counterpart is the ghastly & gorgonic Medusa head!

All the cameos from Ultimate stay intact, the background isn't destroyed (unlike the Battlefield form) and Dracula himself will make a physical appearance, sitting on his throne (which replaces the coffin) paying no mind to the fight or his minions' havoc (Kid Dracula's still just a shadow)

One rather small but very significant gameplay change is that there is go gap in the bottom soft platform, meaning it's one long platform with a short platform above.

The candles from the Ultimate stage have also come back as the equivalent to Shy Guys, but disappear with items off.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I will finish this job soon but right now I’ll do my submission

Skeleton Cave

Sorry that I couldn’t find a better picture. Anyway, this stage is based on the skeleton cave from Harmony of Dissonance. Anyways this would be a rather narrow stage with walls on either side that are breakable just like KoF stadium. There are bones and skull platforms that protrude out of the wall and those act as platforms which you all stand on. The layout is something like this which totally wasn’t made in 20 seconds on the notes app:
80C380AE-0BFD-4E34-8353-699EC59B0EC6.jpeg

I’m addition, several skeleton enemies will appear on the stage as enemies which can be defeated. Here’s the full list, and they all have the properties of their games
Skeleton
Blood Skeleton
Electric Skeleton
Flying Skeleton
Giant Skeleton
Skeleton Ape
Skeleton Gunman
Whip Skeleton
Skeleton Spear
Skeleton Athlete
Skeleton Boomerang
Bone Pillar
Bone Dragon
Creaking Skull

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The draculas castle stage submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario will be used. Now onto the next job:

Job #128: Submit An Assist Trophy For A Series Without Any
Just submit an assist trophy from a series that’s represented in this thread with a fighter but doesn’t have one already. Please submit a character, what series theyre from, and explain how they would work.

Top Bottom