• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: The Super Smash Bros of Another Universe!

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I’ll start Job #80 now, and the item poll will go in the background:

Job #80: Submit A Character Who Debuted in the 2010s or After
We’re finally at the last of the decade related character jobs and for this one it’s characters who debuted in the 2010s, or 2020s. Please submit the character, explain a bit about how they would fight, and say why you think they should be in this game.
1629500681312.png

Franklin from Grand Theft Auto V.
Franklin lives in Los Santos, and is a member of The Families gang. He is one of the three main protagonists of GTA V alongside Micheal de Santa and Trevor Phillips. The lack of GTA reps in the series and the immense popularity of Grand Theft Auto V has made Franklin a contender for Smash Bros playability. Franklin would ram opponents with a sports car, shoot them down with guns, and summon Chop to attack foes.
Debut: Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
Series: Grand Theft Auto

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
2010s or later submission: Peppino Spaghetti

Anti-hero of the rising indie sleeper hit Pizza Tower, Peppino is a manic pizza chef with a bad temper and worse mental stability. His moveset would be among the most brutal on the roster thanks to his Ren & Stimpy-esque squash and stretch animation style, and he'd be very fast for a heavyweight.

He also has a variety of transformations which could provide more moveset potential - for example: breathing fire after a spicy chicken wing, getting Mort the Chicken (from the PS1 "classic" of the same name, giving us another repped series through Peppino) to porch on his head, briefly dying and turning into a ghost, rolling up into a ball, and turning into a slow but powerful knight. That's not to mention his weapons, which include a shotgun, revolver, and pizza cutter.

His art style and less-than-badass personality would provide a striking contrast to the rest of the roster. He'd make a fun rival for Cuphead (who the game's creator, Pizza Tower Guy, is known to have quite the dislike for) thanks to the cartoony-character-based-on-food-and-drink connection.

While many people may question having such a character instead of a more popular indie like Shantae, Boyfriend, Freddy Fazbear, Sans or Shovel Knight I think that's the exact reason why someone like Peppino should make the roster. Indie games are all about giving a platform to the little guys, figuratively and literally, so it seems counter-intuitive to include indie rep but only for highly popular characters.

also this technically means playable wario without overrepping mario/nintendo

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Frisk

Frisk is the playable character in Undertale, They are basically a blank slate who fell down into the underground where the game takes place, and the players actions determine what happens in the game. Undertale made waves across the internet and is an important footnote in the history of indie games, And our Universe got Undertale content.

Frisk could even bring interesting mechanics like a morality system and summoning

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Since cashregister9 cashregister9 submitted one of the characters I was thinking about submitting, I'll submit the other one I had in mind

Shovel Knight

I think it's safe to say that Shovel Knight is one of the most popular and influential indie games around, being one of the front runners in the Indie Boom. Shovel Knight could have an all-around yet interesting moveset. Overall, Shovel Knight is kind of a historic indie along with Meat Boy and Quote, so Shovel Knight certainly deserves a spot.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #80: Mimikyu
618F9E19-8566-4F0A-A626-5D572F0648A1.png

Mimikyu is one of the many new Pokémon species in the Alola Region from the Pokémon Sun and Moon games. Mimikyu are lonely Pokémon that just desire people’s affection, that’s why they are always dressed as a Pikachu. Mimikyu are really jealous of the affection Pikachu gets, causing them to completely despise all Pikachu. Mimikyu could use moves like shadow claw, shadow ball, play rough, wood hammer, etc. Mimikyu’s final smash could be it’s very own exclusive Z-Move, Let’s Snuggle Forever. Pokémon is a huge gaming media franchise, the games have sold over 300 million copies, it could use another rep. According to an official Google Pokémon poll from 2020, Mimikyu is the third most popular Pokémon of all time with almost 100,000 votes. Mimikyu has definitely left a legacy in the franchise.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Funny enough, I was gonna submit Frisk and had Shovel Knight as a back-up idea. I'll just not submit a character for this job lol.

Anyways since we have Duck Hunt represented in this game I think I'll add some profiles and music tracks from the NES black box era. I feel like it only makes sense since we have namco and capcom arcade content in this game
Profiles
Ice Climbers
Balloon Fighter
Mach Rider
Kung Fu Champions
Wild Gunmen
Sports Players
Excitebikers
Little Mac
Doc Louis
King Hippo

Music
Classic NES Medley
Title Theme (Ice Climber)
Bonus Round (Balloon Fight)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
NES Sports Medley
Title Theme (Excitebike)
Intro (Excitebike 64) i know this isnt a black box game but whatever
Fight (Punch-Out!!)
Minor Circuit (Super Punch-Out!!)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll submit Chosen Undead from Dark Souls. In terms of attacking, they would incorporate the Straight Sword and Crest Shield. Also, they would be able to use spells in their moveset.
If you all don’t mind, I’d like to submit a character of my own:

Chosen Undead
Despite it’s difficulty, Dark Souls is one of the most popular game series out there, so I think he would be a nice pick for this game’s first really “serious” first character.

also this is besides the point, but it’s crazy thinking about how minecraft is technically older than dark souls

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
You were this close for me to choose Monita, Peacock, and even that stupid cube from geomotry dash but there is one I think is a combination of popular but left feild

Undyne_(Transparent_ver.).png

Didnt expect this, you expected Sans Undertale, well Sans Undertale has soem good fighting prowess but I couldnt think of adapting him having 1 hp

Undyne on the other hands has it all, spears that act as good melee and projectile options, her green soul abilty making a good binding move, and the novelty of a tanky female character, her Undying form adding some possibilities , plus her theme would be a good smash song as well, Sans may be more popular but he dosnt have as much potential as Undyne, and before you ask shes too obscure the last winner was a walking cactus. Think of that next time when you vote.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Last minute submission, weeeeeee
Octane_hero_art.jpg

Octane from Rocket League. Something we definitely don't have is a car on the roster, much like the famous Hornet from Daytona USA appearing in SEGA Fighters Megamix. However, unlike that car, Octane actually does sort of fight initially, or, at the very least, is taking part in a very high-powered version of soccer. Not only would Octane be the only car on the roster, it'd also be the only one to come with an item, which you can throw off stage, but it will instantly respawn near Octane afterwards. You can ram into foes, hit the massive ball at them, do numerous things a car can do that a person cannot, even include "mutators", which are status effects on the car, ball, or even an opponent. The mode "Dropshot", added later, could even give you the option to have an electrified ball that increases in intensity over time, as long as you spike it for long enough so as to not make it hit the ground.

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Last minute submission I threw together because I've been hella busy
PngItem_1490175.png

2B from NieR: Automata. She's been a very popular pick for quite some time now and from a game that so many love. She could have the ability to change weapons which change up her basic attacks from weak and fast to strong and slow and vice versa, have an aerial jab, and have an attack that shoots bullets that don't make a fighter flinch.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the results of the Job #80 voting:
Franklin 14
Peppino 5
Frisk 9
Shovel Knight 7
Mimikyu 7
Chosen Undead 0
Undyne 9
Octane 5
2B 8

Meaning Franklin will get in, and then we have a tie between Frisk and Undyne. Here’s the poll to break the tie:

Job #81 will start in a couple of hours.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Job #81: Submit an Item for a Represented Series
Figured I’d do another open item job, and so for this one all you have to do is submit an item from a series that is already represented in this game. Please submit the item and explain how it would work.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Drill Dozer Doll

Functions the same as the Drill item in real Smash, but is a cheap fast food toy of Jill in her Drill Dozer. Her iconic "Hiyaaaa!" can behard when you eject the drill, ableit bitcrushed to sound like it's coming out of that tiny mass-produced speaker.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Job #81: Submit an Item for a Represented Series
Figured I’d do another open item job, and so for this one all you have to do is submit an item from a series that is already represented in this game. Please submit the item and explain how it would work.
Poltergust 3000:
Sucks enemies towards the player, and can also blow them away.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 81

Wisp Capsule

This item will appear just as it does in Sonic it will hover slightly above the ground and inside this capsule would be one of several Wisp colors each one having a different effect, hitting it with several attacks will free the wisp giving the person who freed it an effect.

White Wisp
This is the most common and will give the user more final smash charge if the smash meter is enabled and slightly heal the user
Crimson
This will cause a fire to appear at the players feet whenever you jump

Orange
This increases the users jump height

Red
This makes the users attacks deal fire damage

Jade
This wisp will make the user invisible

Blue
this replaces all items on screen with healing items

Pink
This gives the user's shield and roll slight damaging properties.

Green
This makes the user lighter

Black
This spawns a giant explosion, this one is the rarest.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 81

Wisp Capsule

This item will appear just as it does in Sonic it will hover slightly above the ground and inside this capsule would be one of several Wisp colors each one having a different effect, hitting it with several attacks will free the wisp giving the person who freed it an effect.

White Wisp
This is the most common and will give the user more final smash charge if the smash meter is enabled and slightly heal the user
Crimson
This will cause a fire to appear at the players feet whenever you jump

Orange
This gives the user a jet pack item

Red
This makes the users attacks deal fire damage

Jade
This wisp will make the user invisible

Blue
this replaces all items on screen with food items

Pink
This gives the user's shield and roll slight damaging properties.

Green
This makes the user lighter

Black
This spawns a giant explosion, this one is the rarest.
The Jet Pack and Food items don't exist in this thread (yet)

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Shield
Shield_JE2_BE1.png

It works just like any shield, blocking all projectiles that hit it while standing still. This breaks after taking 25% damage.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Alright, so the votes came in and Frisk will be added to this thread!
Also:

Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule May I request that you add Item descriptions to the main page?
I do like the idea of making descriptions for each item, but I think now it’s a little too late and I’ll just have to leave the items as they are. It would be a bit too much work to go back and quote the descriptions people made for each item and I don’t want to write my own descriptions for each item because most of them are other people’s ideas.
So sorry but I’ll just leave the items as they are, without descriptions. If you’re curious about how an item works you can always ask about it though.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So sorry but I’ll just leave the items as they are, without descriptions. If you’re curious about how an item works you can always ask about it though.
I was just thinking of posting the link the original post for each item next to the name not really quoting, but I 100% understand if you don't want to do it.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
My item submission here
Berries (Pokémon)
These will spawn in small clusters usually, and each individual one will heal small bits of health, regular berries healing about 5%, slightly rarer Golden Berries healing 10%, and the Miracle Berry, which is even rarer than the Golden Berry and generally won’t spawn many at a time, but can cure any status ailment, such as poisoning or slow-down.

Top Bottom