• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: SilvaGunner: King For A Day Round 3! [REBOOT]

Should modified KFAD contestands be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Nah, man

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll close voting here.
Aaaaaaand our second and final host is...
Master Ear!!!
Dang... Our roster is insane.

Now, for the final unique character submission...
Job 27: Submit a newcomer!
Considering that this is our final job, it'll be a free-for-all. Submit any character! No holding back!

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy! This is actually a character I had in mind for another tourney I was making. ...Anyway, I proudly present...

"Making her debut in the manga-turned-anime of the same name, comes Sailor Moon! Though, she seems a little different from the last time we saw her. An amnesiac that woke up in the futuristic streets of Tokyo, this Sailor Moon has almost no recollection of anything. Additionally, she seems to have lost her sailor guardian abilities in return for something more... special. What is that you, ask? That's a mystery for another time. For now, make way for the newly born pretty guardian, S A I L O R W A V E !"

- SOURCELIST -
-Tracks featuring music from Magical Girl Media (such as Sailor Moon) and moon-related music

[Moonlight Densetsu, Moon Prism Power Make Up!, music from Madoka Magica, etc.]
[Moon River, Moonstruck Blossom, Honeylune Ridge etc.]

-Tracks featuring music from retro anime, from its very beginnings to 1998 (excl. Studio Ghibli)
[Dragon Ball Z, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, etc.]

-Tracks featuring music featuring MACROSS 82-99, and music in the genres of city pop and future funk
[82.99 F.M, Welcome to the Disco, Super Fantasy, etc.]
[Stay With Me, Plastic Love, Flyday Chinatown, etc.]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh boy! This is actually a character I had in mind for another tourney I was making. ...Anyway, I proudly present...

"Making her debut in the manga-turned-anime of the same name, comes Sailor Moon! Though, she seems a little different from the last time we saw her. An amnesiac that woke up in the futuristic streets of Tokyo, this Sailor Moon has almost no recollection of anything. Additionally, she seems to have lost her sailor guardian abilities in return for something more... special. What is that you, ask? That's a mystery for another time. For now, make way for the newly born pretty guardian, S A I L O R W A V E !"

- SOURCELIST -
-Tracks featuring music from Magical Girl Media (such as Sailor Moon) and moon-related music

[Moonlight Densetsu, Moon Prism Power Make Up!, music from Madoka Magica, etc.]
[Moon River, Moonstruck Blossom, Honeylune Ridge etc.]

-Tracks featuring music from retro anime, from its very beginnings to 1998 (excl. Studio Ghibli)
[Dragon Ball Z, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, etc.]

-Tracks featuring music featuring MACROSS 82-99, and music in the genres of city pop and future funk
[82.99 F.M, Welcome to the Disco, Super Fantasy, etc.]
[Stay With Me, Plastic Love, Flyday Chinatown, etc.]
This is so good.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Screenshot 2022-02-02 201456.png

Master Ear is so dumb and I absolutely love it

Anyways, here's my final newcomer submission...I honestly don't feel too confident about anyone voting for them, but we'll see.
1643860879183.png

Robot Roll Call
Tom and Crow are used to being trapped against their will in the middle of space. But this is the first time they've been permanently trapped in interdimensional space! These two wisecracking robots are here to raise hell with their riffing and ripping skills!

Cambot, Gypsy, Growler, and M. Waverly will be their guests, so none of the humans are here...

Sources:
Rips featuring original music from Mystery Science Theater 3000 or any of its related productions: Rifftrax, Cinematic Titanic, The Film Crew, and The Mads. This can include songs such as Where Oh Werewolf, Clown in the Sky, I'm a Danger to Myself and Others, Giant Spider, Octaman, etc.

Rips featuring music from any movie franchise that has been riffed in an episode of the previously mentioned productions. This can include lesser-known movies such as The Day the Earth Froze, The Final Sacrifice, etc...but also bigger franchises they've touched like Godzilla, Gumby, Dr. Who, etc. HOWEVER! Rifftrax movie sources are only allowed if the movie was featured in a Rifftrax Live show or is available to watch on Youtube/Amazon. So, they cannot use franchises like Marvel or Star Wars.

It isn't the best, but here's an example rip for these guys with Plague Knight and Mona: Cool Guys Don't Look at Kaiju

Last edited:
Well, I'm gonna resurrect my old idea from KFAD 3 by Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear , so I'm gonna bring it back....
I hope you like this revival of my idea...
Presenting...

Tankman and Pico/The Newgrounds Mascots
Join the new grounds of the hotel!
1643872056088.png
1643872086837.png

Species: Humans
Origin universe: TANKMEN/Pico's School/Newgrounds

Description:
Pico -
Pico is the protagonist of Pico's School games. He is a former student, who was originally a nice kid, but then Cassandra came and terrorized leaving Pico to defeat her in the first game. While he was shooting bad guys in school, he managed to defeat Cassandra and she revealed to be an Alien called Penilian that came to Earth to kill humans. After the events of first game, he also stumbled across random adventures like fighting with Bear or meeting Uberkids.
He also became a Newgrounds mascot before Tankman was introduced and he became popular on this site during that time. He appeared in FNF as Week 3 enemy, where the Rap battle took place at Newgrounds' headquarters' roof in outskirts of Philadelphia.
He even had a ex-boyfriend called Boyfriend back then before FNF's events.

Tankman - Tankman is the protagonist of Flash Animated adult series called "Tankmen". He is a monochrome-colored captain, who doesn't participate too much in wars and instead spends time with his friend Steve on Battlefield locating on Post-Apocalyptic Warzone area. Tankman is known for making jokes like "**** joke" and references random Pop-Culture media (Notably movies from 20th Century like Titanic).
After that time where Pico was NG mascot, Tankman took his role in 2006 after being established by JohnnyUtah, who also made the "Tankmen" series.
By the way, he also appeared in recent week 7 of FNF, which it gave huge popularity that lead to server crash during April of 2021 last year.

How did they got in the Hotel?
In this world, Tankman and Pico were doing their jobs in their respective universes. Tankman was spending time with Steve while fighting in War and Pico was killing bad guys with hanging out with his friends.
Meanwhile at Interdimensional Hotel, Stingy felt little bit nostalgic when he thought about newcomer, who could remind his old times and he went outside to open 2 portals from one Multiverse, where they existed.
While in Tankman's universe, Tankman was riding in his tank and when the Rift appeared from nowhere and he accidentally drove into it, crashing into one of Hotel's walls.
Also meanwhile in Pico's universe, Pico was killing bad guys, who are terrorizing his hometown and then, the another rift opened in thin air and Pico was checking, where it leads to and it led him into Interdimensional Void. When Pico stepped in, he jumped out of Rift and he landed in front of entrance of the Hotel. After landing in front of the hotel, he met Tankman, who drove into Wall and he came out of his Tank.
While Tankman came to Pico, they both Team-up and became a duo and entered the Hotel. In hotel, King Stingy and Master Ear were happy that they wanted them as Nostalgic characters and Stingy rented a room for them to stay.
While Tankman and Pico came into Newgrounds-themed room, Stingy told them to check their new ground-breaking ripping skills for the tournament match...

Tankman and Pico's sources:

- Songs associated with Newgrounds media (Excluding Innersloth):
(Examples: Alien Hominid, Tankmen, Madness Combat and Friday Night Funkin)

- Songs associated with School:
(Examples: High School Musical, Baldi's Basics, School of Rock)

- Songs associated with Pico:
(Examples: Pico's School, Pico Unloaded and music from Pico Day media)

- Songs associated with Military and guns:
(Examples: Pumped up kicks, Call of Duty, Kitchen Gun YTPMVs, Music from Saving Private Ryan)

- Songs associated with Other Flash games:
(Examples: Fancy Pants, Papa Louie games, etc.)

Why Tankman & Pico/The Newgrounds Mascots as newcomers:

I nominate them, because thay could represent Newgrounds like POTTERQUEST, but unlike him, they represent the whole Newgrounds like Games (Example: Alien Hominid of FNF) or animations themed after the website.
Besides that, we need a Flash rep in this Rip tournament, which is the most thing that is missing in the roster, so why not choose them as Flash or notably Newgrounds representatives?

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Varrick.png

Iknik Blackstone Varrick

The eccentric CEO from The Legend of Korra. Varrick is ready to show everyone the power of Varrick Industries! So far, this tourney has been a little light on the personality, and Varrick brings a ton of it. His quirky and self-centered nature are sure to make you have a strong opinion of him sooner or later. But it's not just interactions that he's got. You won't be able to make it anywhere in the business world without innovation, and baby he's got a ton of that! With songs that defined genres, Varrick's sure to be a strong contender!

Sources:
  • Songs from Avatar: the Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra and related media (includes crossovers, but only for AtLA/LOK related songs)
  • Songs related to early movies
  • Songs that popularized or created genres or concepts (or are from things that did)
Example:
  • Cave Jivin, Blue Spirit, The End of Avatar
  • I can't think of any early movie songs but there's probably a lot out there
  • Songs from The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and 100 gecs
  • Songs from Doom (1993), the original Super Mario Bros, Shin Megami Tensei, and Minecraft

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Well, I've been debating in my head all day for this.. I've had two concepts in mind, but I think this one might be the best in terms of source potential (the other would be a cool boss, I just don't think it'd have enough source potential for a contestant. Might submit it later ;D)

Also, sorry about the delay, I passed out like hella early last night and I've been at college all day. Hope this is okay, though!

Name: Biblically Accurate Justice
Origin: Technically the Old Testament, circa 1200 BC, but Justice's first album (Cross) released in 2007.
Contestants: A biblically accurate angel, enveloping the Cross (specifically the Justice one) which is implied to be a monolith.

1643906704294.png
1643907220830.png

(please excuse the terrible edit in the first image, i had to throw this together in like 10 minutes)

Description:
A deep, rumbling hum emanates from the skies as the light of heaven blinds all observers... and nestled within its wings and eyes lies a monolith of great power. With this mysterious cross-like object in its embrace, this mysterious, otherworldly combatant is sure to be difficult to take on - but it seems pretty powerless within the Hotel... for the time being, at least.

Context:
I'm aware the knee-jerk reaction is just "isn't that another inanimate object," to which no. The angel itself possesses consciousness - having a tendency to quote the Bible, as a matter of fact - but feels the need to protect the cross inside at all costs (that takes the form of a monolith similar to that seen in 2001: A Space Odyssey.)

I was somewhat inspired by the second image above, and loved the idea of this specific cross being seen as some sort of mysterious presence that is just a completely normal universal constant in another world - something that would lean quite well into the "other worlds" idea with looking at a world similar to our own, but with this single symbol as a constant presence there. (Almost like Garfield here - when you look, Garfield is everywhere.)

Given Justice's connections to religion (for instance, one of their songs is literally called Waters of Nazareth) this idea of "constant symbols" quickly connected to religion, and Biblically Accurate Justice was born! Not only that, but French House is too good a genre not to include somewhere in the tourney, right? (LOWKEY DAFT PUNK FT. PHARELL WERE ROBBED)

In terms of how it speaks, I imagine that the angel will speak in a very eloquent manner similar to what you'd expect from an angel - often quoting religious passages - whilst the cross within will hum (with it being a running joke that people think they can hear it speaking French, but can't quite pick out what it's saying.) Also, if you wanted, you could have it change form to a more "traditional" angel partway through that just carries the cross around (kinda like how HOBaRT developed the ability to speak for a short time.) Maybe that could be an alt?

Actually, one more thing. I know that it might seem like a weird thing to submit given its... powerful nature, but I think balancing in terms of direct power levels is pointless here. KFAD saw Weird Al Yankovic and a literal mixer go up against Thanos and a pair of literal demons - the idea of the power levels being so comically unbalanced is pretty funny in itself, but I think the Hotel itself would prevent it from going full classic KFAD and just Thanosing opponents.

Sources:
- Music by Justice, or other artists in the Ed Banger label
(Waters of Nazareth, D.A.N.C.E, Audio Video Disco, Helix, DVNO)
(Mr. Oizo, SebastiAn, Cassius, Breakbot, Myd, Busy P)

- Music associated with religion or religious concepts
(Take Me to Church, Angels, Robotica Satanica, Locked Out of Heaven)
- Music associated with eyes or vision
(I Can See Clearly Now, ocean eyes, Eye of the Tiger, Black Eyed Peas)
- Music in the genre of French House
(Daft Punk, Madeon, Stardust, David Guetta, Le Knight Club)

Last edited:

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've been debating in my head all day for this.. I've had two concepts in mind, but I think this one might be the best in terms of source potential (the other would be a cool boss, I just don't think it'd have enough source potential for a contestant. Might submit it later ;D)

Also, sorry about the delay, I passed out like hella early last night and I've been at college all day. Hope this is okay, though!

Name: Biblically Accurate Justice
Origin: Technically the Old Testament, circa 1200 BC, but Justice's first album (Cross) released in 2007.
Contestants: A biblically accurate angel, enveloping the Cross (specifically the Justice one) which is implied to be a monolith.

View attachment 344215View attachment 344217
(please excuse the terrible edit in the first image, i had to throw this together in like 10 minutes)

Description:
A deep, rumbling hum emanates from the skies as the light of heaven blinds all observers... and nestled within its wings and eyes lies a monolith of great power. With this mysterious cross-like object in its embrace, this mysterious, otherworldly combatant is sure to be difficult to take on - but it seems pretty powerless within the Hotel... for the time being, at least.

Context:
I'm aware the knee-jerk reaction is just "isn't that another inanimate object," to which no. The angel itself possesses consciousness - having a tendency to quote the Bible, as a matter of fact - but feels the need to protect the cross inside at all costs (that takes the form of a monolith similar to that seen in 2001: A Space Odyssey.)

I was somewhat inspired by the second image above, and loved the idea of this specific cross being seen as some sort of mysterious presence that is just a completely normal universal constant in another world - something that would lean quite well into the "other worlds" idea with looking at a world similar to our own, but with this single symbol as a constant presence there. (Almost like Garfield here - when you look, Garfield is everywhere.)

Given Justice's connections to religion (for instance, one of their songs is literally called Waters of Nazareth) this idea of "constant symbols" quickly connected to religion, and Biblically Accurate Justice was born! Not only that, but French House is too good a genre not to include somewhere in the tourney, right? (LOWKEY DAFT PUNK FT. PHARELL WERE ROBBED)

In terms of how it speaks, I imagine that the angel will speak in a very eloquent manner similar to what you'd expect from an angel - often quoting religious passages - whilst the cross within will hum (with it being a running joke that people think they can hear it speaking French, but can't quite pick out what it's saying.) Also, if you wanted, you could have it change form to a more "traditional" angel partway through that just carries the cross around (kinda like how HOBaRT developed the ability to speak for a short time.) Maybe that could be an alt?

Actually, one more thing. I know that it might seem like a weird thing to submit given its... powerful nature, but I think balancing in terms of direct power levels is pointless here. KFAD saw Weird Al Yankovic and a literal mixer go up against Thanos and a pair of literal demons - the idea of the power levels being so comically unbalanced is pretty funny in itself, but I think the Hotel itself would prevent it from going full classic KFAD and just Thanosing opponents.

Sources:
- Music by Justice, or other artists in the Ed Banger label
(Waters of Nazareth, D.A.N.C.E, Audio Video Disco, Helix, DVNO)
(Mr. Oizo, SebastiAn, Cassius, Breakbot, Myd, Busy P)

- Music associated with religion or religious concepts
(Take Me to Church, Angels, Robotica Satanica, Locked Out of Heaven)
- Music associated with eyes or vision
(I Can See Clearly Now, ocean eyes, Eye of the Tiger, Black Eyed Peas)
- Music in the genre of French House
(Daft Punk, Madeon, Stardust, David Guetta, Le Knight Club)
I LOVE that idea! Though, if I remember correctly, I don't think Madeon's a house artist. He seems more techno to me. Though, I may be wrong.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I LOVE that idea! Though, if I remember correctly, I don't think Madeon's a house artist. He seems more techno to me. Though, I may be wrong.
Name a better combo than dance music and having a thousand subgenres.

Speaking of musical genres though...

Job #27: Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus

1643913768203.png

The most unlikely musical duo of the last few years have been brought to the hotel to spread their eclectic mix of triplet flows and southern twangs across the multiverse! Complete rando Lil Nas X teamed up with 90s pop country one hit wonder Billy Ray Cyrus to create one of the biggest memes of all time: "Old Town Road" a novelty about horses which became so ubiquitous as a piece of amazing music and as a hysterical joke across every corner of the globe that it spent 19 total weeks at #1 on the charts, shattering the previous record. Lil Nas X himself has remained a global superstar since then, engraining himself in the Internet's meme culture as much as he can, so he may recognize some of the other contestants in the hotel!

Lorewise, I want to say that this duo is from our world, the one we are in right now. Chris Pratt is also a real person but he seems to be a fictionalized version of himself based on all his characters. The industry baby and Disney dad pictured above are just normal humans who will likely react with a fun amount of bemusement at all the wacky creatures that inhabit the hotel.

Sources
  • Rips featuring songs in the trap or country genres
  • Rips featuring novelty songs
  • Rips featuring songs that topped the Billboard Hot 100
These sources are all very wide, so consider "No overlap" slapped on all of them.

Examples
  • Songs by Future, Travis Scott, Lil Uzi Vert, Migos, Young Thug, Cardi B, 21 Savage, Gucci Mane, T.I., Lil Baby, Gunna
  • Songs by Reba McEntire, Willie Nelson, Luke Combs, Chris Stapleton, Dolly Parton, Miranda Lambert, Kenny Chesney
  • "Disco Duck", "Monster Mash", "The Purple People Eater", "Pac-Man Fever", "Shaddap You Face", "Gangnam Style", "Barbie Girl"
  • "Physical", "I Will Always Love You", "In da Club", "Uptown Funk", "Despacito", "Billie Jean", "Sweet Child 'o Mine", "Lose Yourself"

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Pretty much. If most users dislike this move, I can reverse it.
Edit: Actually, I think I'll reverse it
eh thats fine

I was thinking of resubmitting Mappy from the original thread, cause ya can't go wrong with Namco Arcade. But I'd rather have four resubmissions.

I will do whatever it takes to get at least one of these three into the cast
1643928181643.png
1643928210021.png
Screenshot 2022-02-03 144710.png

Yiptap

Smash Lord
My submission while I still have time...
Snoo & Clyde

The Wholesome 100 alien and the user-kicking robot, Snoo and Clyde join the battle!
Sources:
  • Rips from/associated with social media sites (Songs from popular 'Discord Sings' songs could fit here, like Revenge [The Creeper Aw Man Song] and Last Surprise)
  • Rips associated with space, aliens, and robots (E.T. [Katy Perry], Ben 10 theme song, Mega Man songs)
  • Rips associated with cringe culture (Most viral indie games with standouts being FNAF, Fortnite, Friday Night Funkin, and Among Us. Popular Tiktok songs fit in here too)
  • Rips associated with "dead memes" (Trolololo, ***** Lasagna, Big Chungus song)
Side Note: There was originally going to be a "rips associated with rocks and gems" source, but this was removed. This references the popular "Thanks for the gold, kind stranger!" trend on Reddit.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Well, even if we don't wind up going for this, I may as well put this idea here anyways. Worst case scenario, it doesn't get used (though maybe could be a fun bonus character?)
Name: Mushroom Kingdom Plumbing and Ghostbusting Service
Origin: 1983 for Luigi in Mario Bros., though the first Ghostbusters released in 1984.
Contestants: Luigi
Guest Number: #13

Description:
Who ya gonna call? Looks like the New York branch is down and out - but luckily, the Mushroom Kingdom branch picked up the phone. This plucky, though unlucky plumber's taken on an all-new role of Ghostbuster - something not new to him given his experience in his various mansions, though he wasn't exactly excited to pick up the Protongust 3000... As the thirteenth contestant, his somewhat timid nature might not make him look ideal for the role - but he's sure to give his service with a smile.

1643931585737.png

Context:
Well, Luigi is basically a Ghostbuster already, right? I originally planned to have E.Gadd here as opposed to Luigi himself, but I thought Luigi's slightly timid personality would work well in this roster (considering we have characters like "Waluigi," his eternal rival, a mysterious creator of plague... and some American guy dressed as his brother for some reason... he'd be fun to see.

Also, Luigi gets specifically spin-off Mario media. Whilst people might cry "But Chris is here!" I don't think that Mario should make up like, a central part of his sourcelist considering the number of IPs he's been involved in (the MCU, Garfield, the Lego Movies, etc.) even alongside the rest of his sources. There's also no overlap with "Waluigi" given his sources. Notably, I mention that it's Mario "media" as opposed to "games," as it allows us to include some material from adaptations like Captain N, the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, the 1990 movie, and of course, Hotel Mario.

Notably, Luigi has some experience in spooky hotels as well - one such hotel being the setting of Luigi's Mansion 3! He'd also not lack in guests. I imagine that E.Gadd would tag along, as would Polterpup - but then adding characters from other Mario series spinoffs could be fun, such as Funky Kong to represent Mario Kart Wii, or maybe even Wario (considering that Super Mario Land 2 lead to the Wario Land series, a spinoff of the Mario series?) who could perhaps see that something's... not quite right with his old purple pal.

Addendum:
Upon some thought, I decided to make a source edit. I feel like "all of horror" doesn't really fit Luigi very well and doesn't lean enough into the Ghostbusters angle, so I decided to go for 80s movies instead, seems as it leans more into Ghostbusters as a whole. Note the "No Overlap" - but say if he were to go up against POTTERQUEST, rips like Bustin' and The Power of Love would work well there.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Recently I haven’t been quite sure if people caught to to this so I’m gonna reiterate:

Chris only gets music from the “Super Mario” games; the spin-offs are not available to him.
Now, the only kind of “spinoff” games he gets are the “Super Mario” ones, which means Super Mario Maker and Super Mario Run.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I'll close submissions... Now...

BlueCRE BlueCRE Sailorwave (Modern version of Sailor Moon) (Uses rips from Magical Girl media, rips from non Shonen-Jump or Studio Ghibli anime before 1998, and rips featuring MACROSS 82-99, and music in the genres of city pop and future funk)
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Robot Roll Call (Tom Servo and Crow) (Rips featuring original music from Mystery Science Theater 3000 or any of its related production, as well as rips from songs riffed in Mystery Science Theater 3000)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman & Pico (Uses rips from Newgrounds media, rips associated with school, rips associated with military and warfare, and rips from with from Flash games) I removed the Pico source due to being from Newgrounds, and I also removed the guns source due to potentially being in really bad taste.
Baysha Baysha Iknik Blackstone Varrick (The Legend of Korra) (Uses rips from Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra, and rips from revolutionary games and movies)
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Biblically Accurate Justice (A biblically accurate angel, enveloping the Cross (specifically the Justice one) which is implied to be a monolith) (Uses rips from songs by Justice, or other artists in the Ed Banger label, rips associated with religion, and rips in the French House genre)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus (Uses rips in the Country or Trap genre, rips featuring novelty songs, and rips from songs that reached the top 100 of Billboard)
Yiptap Yiptap Snoo & Clyde (Reddit and Discord) (Uses rips from/associated with social media platforms, rips associated with space, aliens, or robots, rips associated with 'Cringe Culture', and rips associated with 'Dead Memes')
Vote for your top three!
1. Lil Nas X ft. Bill (That novelty source, damn! That is, like, a really good source. Also, they get We Don't Talk About Bruno due to the last source, so that's good)
2. Snoo and Clyde (Funni)
3. Tankman and Pico (Flash games is a sleeper source)
Honorable mention to Sailorwave and Robot Roll Call, they barely made it in.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
This is purely a test video to see what y'all think. Are these the vibes we wanna give, or are you looking for something else? Feel free to let me know!

I know it's short, but hey - it's just a test.​
lol that makes it look pretty dark but I guess it could be really fitting depending on the plot we go with. Plus it's just good to somehow establish what the hotel looks like, right?

1. Snoo & Clyde (If they don't make it in they would make great joke characters à la the Chungus crew)
2. Biblically Accurate Justice (treads very similar ground to KFAD Daft Punk and MW Flat Eric but damn it's just a funny concept)
3. Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus (What can I say, I love me some pop music)

I don't usually give honorable mentions but Robot Roll Call was really close for just being creative.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Here are the results...
BlueCRE BlueCRE Sailorwave: 13 Votes?
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Robot Roll Call: 1 Vote
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman & Pico: 5 Votes
Baysha Baysha Iknik: 0 Votes
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Biblically Accurate Justice: 10 Votes
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus: 13 Votes?
Yiptap Yiptap Snoo & Clyde: 9 Votes
In the first history of the thread, we have a tie!
Through a randomizer, the winner(s) are Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus!
The next job will be posted in the next hour.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Screenshot 2022-02-06 180124.png

Now here's my submission for a Boss!

"...We are the Moon!"
1644199715073.png

General Lunaris

Okay guys I promise this is gonna be my last attempt at getting a Disney TV animation character in here

General Lunaris, leader of the people living on Planet Moon (if you say it's not a planet, he'll kill you). After his humiliating defeat at the hands of NOT Scrooge McDuck but rather Flintheart Glomgold, Lunaris was trapped in space on the remnants of his spaceship, forced to orbit the Earth for the rest of his life...

Or at least, he would have been, if not for his ship being sucked into the Void and crashing into the Hotel. Stingy likes him, so he got to be a Boss. It seems like he still wants to force the Earth to orbit the Moon...and if he manages to come out on top here, he might just be able to pull that off!

Sources:
Rips featuring music from any original animated Disney series (yeah, yeah, this again)

Rips related to the Planet Moon, such as the iconic DuckTales Moon Theme, "Your Precious Moon" from Portal 2, "It's Only a Paper Moon," etc.

Rips related to Aliens, such as music from Men in Black, Space Invaders, Ben 10, Metroid, etc.

D

Deleted member

This is absolutely not getting voted in but I've been sittting on the idea for a while.

taskmater-greg-davies-alex-horne-1606753808.jpg

The Taskmaster (and little Alex Horne)
Taskmaster is a popular UK game show where celebrity contestants (mostly British comedians) must preform increasingly bizzare tasks (ex fill an eggcup with your tears, paint a picture of a horse while riding a horse, make a coconut look like a businessman) in order to impress Greg Davies, the Taskmaster and win points. The Taskmaster is allways joined by his assistant and wipping boy, Little Alex Horne.

The Taskmaster has grown tired of judging such fruitless tasks and has come to the Hotel for a real challenge, and you better believe he's dragged poor Alex along.

Sources:
Rips related to Gameshows (Jeopardy theme, Wheel of Fortune theme, Countdown theme.)
Rips related to Jobs/Tasks (9 to 5 by Dolly Parton, Money for Nothing by Dire Straits, Working for the Weekend by Loverboy)
Rips related to UK comedy (Only Fools and Horses theme, Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger (the theme from Peep Show), Any song from the Mighty Boosh)

Never done one of these before. Sorry if the sources are a bit rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you like this idea, because since we have a real person as Boss, but we could have a second one to make it harder...
Presenting...
View attachment 344475
The nostalgia critic!
Criticizes the Tournament!
Species: Human
Origin universe: Real Life/Youtube universe

Description entry: Douglas "Doug" Walker is a youtuber, who criticizes the Movies for nostalgia and he is vulgar and childish nerd who reviews media content considered to be nostalgic or relevant to western pop culture.[3]
Walker originally posted his media reviews independently with the help of his brother, Robert "Rob" Walker, who often appears in Nostalgia Critic skits as the fictional characters "Chart Guy", a myopic and satirical but well-meaning corporate analyst wearing a power suit (alongside comedian Malcolm Ray as "Chart Guy 2"), and "Santa Christ" (a amalgamation of Santa Claus and Jesus Christ).[4] After dealing with allegations of copyright infringement for featuring clips out of various films and television shows, the Walker Brothers got the Nostalgia Critic skits amalgamated into content creation company Channel Awesome, and features of longer media clips were replaced in favour of acted-out skits and cutaway gags.[5][6] Doug Walker continues to appear at conventions and community events to meet fans; since the COVID-19 pandemic, he has largely reduced his physical presence in public spaces.

How did he appeared in the hotel?
In this world of "Dimensional Junction", Doug was criticizing his recent movie and he was tired of criticizing the same thing: Movies. Later, he took a break from it and he sat on the couch, watching old-ass movies on TV. Then, a mysterious Rift appeared in his room. Doug wans't aware of it and he jumped into the rift, teleporting him near the hotel's entrance.
When Doug walked, King Stingy wanted him as Boss character and then, every contestant was scared of him that he would do the bad review and then everyone ran away from him, proving that Nostalgia Critic is a very tough opponent in this hotel and King Stingy rented a room for Boss characters and he told him to check his ripping skills to criticize the opponents in old and nostalgic way...

The Critic's Sources:
- Songs associated with Nostalgia Critic:
(Examples: His themes)

- Songs associated with other Critics/reviewers:
(Examples: AVGN, Jay Sherman/The Critic and others)

- Songs associated with movies reviewed by Doug [No overlap]:
(Examples: Star Wars, Citizen Kane, Batman and etc.)

- Songs associated with Nostalgia:
(Examples: Skid Row - I remember you, Micheal Patrick Kelly - Throwback, etc.)

I nominate Doug/Nostalgia Critic, because he could be another Real Life character as boss, but we never had a character, who criticizes the rips like movies, so we have our guy, Doug Walker.
Besides that, he could fit in this tournament as no-brainer pick, since his boss role definitely fits very well his nature.
Since we have Anthony Fathono, then we could be ready for double trouble with Doug, making the fight harder.

Note: I put no overlap in Critic's Movie source, because he reviewed too much of them and that would be unfair if he would use all movies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom