• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: SilvaGunner: King For A Day Round 3! [REBOOT]

Should modified KFAD contestands be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Nah, man

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Gotcha! I dunno if I can talk about this here, but have any of y’all seen the results for PRIZM’s (the music tourney) losers finals?

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Alright, I sincerely apologize for the terrible wait. Let's get to voting now, shall we?

Nintendo
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Bigley (Miiverse)
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Mike Jones
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Ibis (Pilotwings 64)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Mushroom Kingdom F.C.
Baysha Baysha Weed Cat/Sprigatito
BlueCRE BlueCRE Children of Majora
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Isaac (Golden Sun)
NotDemonicKraken NotDemonicKraken Airborne Infection
Yiptap Yiptap The Blue Birds (Rhythm Heaven)

2000s

Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Dr. Facilier
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Tim Avery (Son of the Mask)
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Subjects of Eternal Lust (PS1 Hagrid and Bigweld)
Baysha Baysha Minecraft Beast Boy
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Gummifrosch (Gummibar and Crazy Frog)
BlueCRE BlueCRE Hannah Montana
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Shadow the Hedgehog
NotDemonicKraken NotDemonicKraken Goofy Goober Wizard
Yiptap Yiptap Video BrinquedBros (Pancada and Marcelle Toing)

Vote for your top three in each category, and you can only put your submission in second place!

Nintendo Voting:
1. Children of Majora (The concept alone is amazing)
2. Airborne Infection (Zelda AND Pokemon? You got yourself a vote!)
3. Bigley (MLG-era memes is an incredible source)
Honorable mention to everyone else, but Isaac and Weed Cat take the specific shout-outs.

2000s Voting:
1. Subjects of Eternal Lust (That final source, goddamn, it rocks)
2. Gummifrosch (Incredible teamup, surprised this hasn't been in a tourney already)
3. BrinqiedBros (Self-vote, but I just like their sources)
Shadow and Facilier were very close, but they were in tourneys already, so I decided to hold off on them.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Nintendo:
1. Bigley. (I think MLG-era memes is a really fun source, and I'd love to see a battle to the death between him and Uncanny Reactions. It's just a really dumb but funny idea to me - plus, Miiverse rep!!)
2. weed cat. (The concept of THE BIGGEST BLUNT IN THE WORLD being a canonical force powerful enough to send people into the literal void is just brilliant. Also, Snoop Dogg rep!)
3. Mushroom Kingdom FC. (I think a "sports games" rep is a really surprisingly solid one in terms of sourcelist... and considering how many songs have been put in series like FIFA, I can't even begin to fathom how potentially powerful this team is.)

2000s:
1. Gummfrosch. (These two just feel like a natural pairing... and they're extremely powerful too. We could genuinely be looking at the winners here.)
2. BrinqiedBros. (They just feel fun to me. I don't know how to describe it. They just feel fun. :)
3. Goofy Goober Wizard. (Whilst Spongebob reps are quite common in tourneys, I think glam rock is a really fun source to work with!)

Baysha

Smash Ace
1. Bigley
2. weed cat
3. Isaac

1. Goofy Goober Wizard
2. Subjects of Eternal Lust
3. Hannah Montana

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
1. Weed Cat (At first I hated this meme because I loved Sprigatito and the joke was very one-note but I've come around on it.)
2. Airborne Infection (Just a really funny and creative way to combine the two universes.)
3. Mushroom Kingdom F.C. (I resubmitted it for a reason!)

Just wanna say how much of a throwback seeing Bigley was too.

1. Goofy Goober Wizard (I know there's a lot of overlap with a KFAD2 character here, but dangit I watched this movie like twenty times as a kid.)
2. Gummifrosch (Those EDM sources lend themselves so well to mashups, I'm really proud of this one.)
3. Hannah Montana (Certainly a bit on the nose, but the sources are surprisingly solid!)

NotDemonicKraken

Smash Rookie
1. Children of Majora (Honestly even without the self-vote rule i think they'd be my top pick.)
2. Airborne Infection (Obligatory self-vote, I'm generally proud of the concept and sourcelist.)
3. Isaac (Generally solid sourcelist. I think the assist trophy source feels a bit weird but outside of that. They're cool.)

1. Hannah Montana (Why is her sourcelist good. Why would you do this to me.)
2. BrinqiedBros (Solid sourcelist, funny idea.)
3. Goofy Goober Wizard (Obligatory self-vote, though admittedly Glam Metal/Heavy Metal isn't much my cup of tea.)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Yiptap Yiptap
Does pinging him works?
Heya there. I just want to preface, I don't want to come across as rude or anything of the like.

I don't think pinging them would work great for getting the thread active. You have to remember, running all of the aspects of a project like this can be not only very difficult, but also very stressful. It's also quite a busy time for a lot of people right now, and having questions like "when is the thread coming back?" being asked can really demotivate you (believe me, I've been there!) This isn't to grill anyone here or minimod or anything of the like, but I think it'd be important to give them as much time as they need. Remember, everyone has a life outside of the thread!

Truly, though, I have to appreciate the enthusiasm. Its really cool seeing so many people excited about a concept like this - especially since I, well, missed most of KFAD2 - and I'm really proud to be a part of this lil community here with all of you. (Not to be sappy or anything, I just really appreciate it!) Keep safe and well, y'all!

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Thought I should provide some closure.
To be honest, I've lost all motivation for this project. My main reason for making it was to see everyone's unique tourney ideas, but after getting into the tourney community, I've completely scratched that itch. Me being pinged didn't help at all for trying to revive the thread. (To be honest, it made it worst) But yeah, I thought I shouldn't leave you all hanging.
But while I'm at it, I thought I should share the Discord! It's a small community for Tourney fans in SmashBoards. There is much more to do, such as tourney discourse and idea-sharing.

Top Bottom