• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: SilvaGunner: King For A Day Round 3! [REBOOT]

Should modified KFAD contestands be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Nah, man

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baysha

Smash Ace
443.jpeg

SICKOS

Stingy only seeks the most depraved people for the position of bosses. And who's more depraved, sick and twisted than the manifestation of people who want all crime dramas to run out of plotlines and be cancelled?

• Songs from the Onion and other satire
  • Songs related to politics
  • Songs related to drugs and crime

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Gonna vote to save The King here just because it's the funniest concept out of the three. Also I NEED that strategy game source to survive.

Job #29

PSYchos

1649355637215.png
1649359233477.png

"There's one thing this tourney needs. K-pop!"

And they'll be setting records for YOUR dislike count if you don't succeed in fighting this boss. Legendary Internet meme superstar Psy has been recruited to make this hotel harder on everyone. With it being a decade since he conquered the world with his billion-viewed style, Psy needed some new blood to make sure he would have what it takes to square off musically against the regular contestants. You know who's good at dominating competition? Why, the best Super Smash Bros. player in the world, MkLeo! And that meant the obvious choice was to team up with extremely popular 3rd generation K-pop group Red Velvet, MkLeo's favorite band (Actually true fact). Specifically, he's gotten hold of Seulgi, one of the singers of Red Velver and MkLeo's bias (Even truer fact).

Sources
  • Rips featuring songs by Psy or any K-pop act
  • Rips featuring songs from videos with over a billion views on YouTube
  • Rips featuring songs tied to a specific dance
Examples
  • Songs by BTS, (G)I-dle, Exo, Girls' Generation, Twice, Seventeen, Brave Girls
  • "Baby" by Justin Bieber, "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga, "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen
  • "The Twist", "Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae)", "Macarena", "Time Warp", "Harlem Shake"

So yeah lol for those not in the know, K-pop stans have been slowly taking up the upper echelons of competitive Smash including the very best player in the world, MkLeo. Throwing in little Smash references into this Smashboards game has become my trademark somehow, so here we are. Plus hey, Psy is too important in meme culture to ignore in a tournament like this! For the record, they're called PSYchos because "Psycho" is Red Velvet's biggest song. I fear this is too derivative of my previous Lil Nas X submission, but it's all I could come up with. I really gotta go back to submitting fictional characters...

Sorry for double posting, but here's my second boss idea.
Feel free to disregard Meme Man, since we're doing 4th boss.

Also, my vote goes for King, because he looks uniquely cool.

Anyways, here's the 4th boss..
Senator Armstrong
Stands here and realizes his dreams!
1649359790578.png

Full Name: Steven Armstrong
Species: Human with Cybernetic enchantments
Universe of Origin: Metal Gear (Konami)

Description:
Steven Armstrong is a main Villain of Metal Gear rising reveagence, game from Metal Gear, which it was made by Konami and Hideo Kojima.
He is a politician that wants to become a president of USA to reclaim "the American dream" that people wanted during Game's events. He was a strongest warrior that was enhanced by nanomachines.
He didn't went into the rift, but Stingy went into Metal gear universe and ressurected Armstrong to check his ripping skills when he arrived at hotel.

His sources:
- Songs associated with games made by Metal Gear games and other games made by Hideo Kojima:
(It has to be this way, Metal Gear Solid, Death Stranding, Policenauts)

- Songs associated with other Konami games:
(Silent Hill, Frogger, Contra and Bomberman)

- Songs associated with America and politics:
(Cotton Eye Joe, If I had a rocket launcher song)

- Songs associated with Cyborgs:
(Generator Rex, Terminator)

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Alright, by an overwhelming majority of votes, our survivor is The King! POTTERQUEST and Labo-Man get to keep their rooms in the hotel, so don't fret about that.

Anyway, let's vote! (NOTE: I put small little quips to show some of their intentions. If you want me to change a description, let me know.)

KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
An odd god, The Flying Spaghetti Monster has arrived to observe the Dimensional Junction! He seeks to see the value of contestants and will challenge them to a duel, all while his colander-wearing followers observe.
(Uses rips associated with pasta or other stereotypically Italian foods, rips associated with religion or religious concepts, rips associated with pirates or piracy, and rips originating from, or associated with, any satire and parody)

Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
An unwilling teamup, the sworn rivals Peppa Pig & Lucina will fight to secure a spot in the tourney that was unfairly taken from them! With the power of counters and sheer brattiness, this duo will not give up so easily!
(Uses rips from Fire Emblem and other strategy RPGs, rips from Nick Jr. properties and other edutainment media, rips associated with swines, and rips associated with swords and/or time travel)

Yiptap Yiptap
The crime lord in debt to Stingy, Talking Ben seeks to put the disobedient contestants in their place! Just don't mess with his prized phone; you won't live to see the sunrise.
(Uses rips from games that debuted on mobile, rips associated with canines, rips associated with phones and talking, and rips associated with crime)

BlueCRE BlueCRE
The titan-slaying titan, Eren Yeager has been hired by Stingy to challenge some of the contestants. But can they win an uphill battle against a titan?
(Uses rips from artists featured in the Attack on Titan, or other anime targeted towards a Seinen demographic, rips from songs in the Heavy Metal and Symphonic Rock genres, rips associated with war and freedom, and rips associated with memories and the mind)

Baysha Baysha
Depraved sickos are high on Stingy's list of potential bosses. And who is one of the most depraved individuals in existence? he manifestation of people who want all crime dramas to run out of plotlines and be cancelled, Sickos.
(Uses rips from the Onion and other satire, rips associated with politics, and rips associated with drugs and crime)

Dan Quixote Dan Quixote
After his one hit wonder, Gangnam Stlye, lost its style, Psy has been seeking fame. And when he heard about Dimensional Junction, he has found a one-in-a-lifetime-opportunity. To increase his chances of gaining fame, Psy teamed up with one of Red Velvet's lead singer Seulgi. Together, they will bring the power of KPop as the PSYchos.
(Uses rips from songs by Psy or any K-pop act, rips from videos with over a billion views on YouTube, and rips from songs tied to a specific dance)

Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
After Stingy heard about his insane power, Senator Armstrong was recruited to join Stingy's ranks. He brings his American power to make Dimensional Junction great again!
(Uses rips from Metal Gear and other games made by Hideo Kojima, rips from Konami properties, rips associated with the United States and politics, and rips associated with cyborgs)

VERY good round. Vote for your top three!
1. PSYchos (God I love this idea so much)
2. Peppa and Lucina (Edutainment is my favorite source)
3. FSM (Religion source pog)
Honestly the hardest round yet. I was struggling whether to decide who should get the final spot: FSM, Talking Ben, or Armstrong.

Job 30: Submit a prompt to replace POTTERQUEST with!
What are the guidelines for replacing POTTERQUEST? It must be somewhat similar to POTTERQUEST, and please avoid submitting a character that uses Niel Cicirega.
Job 31: Submit a prompt to replace Labo-Man with!
Same rules as POTTERQUEST. Please avoid making an inanimate object prompt.
Mini-Job: Should we include more bosses?
I realize that most tourneys have at least eight bosses. Just four feels a little low imo.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
1. PSYchos
2. Talking Ben
3. Armstrong

Two Prompt Ideas:
A character who represents food in some way
A character who represents a specific country
1. Flying Spaghetti monster
2. Senator Armstrong
3. PSYchos

Prompt: A character who debuted in 2000's decade
Prompt: A Real Life musician

For minijob, yes. we could get more bosses.
May I ask how those prompts relate to the characters?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Talking Ben - I think that this would just be really fun. Mobile games is a surprisingly solid source, plus canines and phones are hella fun too!
2. Peppa and Lucina - This feels so off-the-wall and weird, that it almost fits. I hate it in the best possible way.
3. PSYchos - Just some really good sources here, and a funny Op. is always fun to see!

As for a prompt, Submit a character who in some way represents arts and crafts. At all!

And as for bosses? Well... I wouldn't mind! I just wouldn't want there to be too much to handle. I feel like 4 works well for a 16 character tourney, but I wouldn't be against some fresh faces!

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I didn't expect PSYchos to get a lot of votes lol. If they do get in I want a running gag of MkLeo trying to get an autograph or somethin

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster (chefs kiss perfect representation of what these tournaments should be about, and a perfect way to represent the wide world of religious music while still retaining the unserious meme feel of the tournament)
2. Senator Armstrong (This is the type of idea I wish I thought of. Really good sources and everything, plus the dialogue will be incredible.)
3. PSYchos (stan Loona)

Honorable mention to Peppa Pig & Lucina, it's a hilarious idea but just the sources weren't quite as strong.

Job #30: Submit a character who represents parody in some way

I know Potter Puppet Pals isn't a parody by strict definition since it does use the original characters, but it certainly comes close enough and I feel like there's lots of characters out there who could creatively fill this prompt. Especially since the obvious choice Weird Al was already taken by SG. Could be a contestant who has parody as a source or just comes from a parody.

Job #31: Submit a tiny character

Just a little dude. Just a small fry. Anyway this prompt is hella wide and really will only have impact in the story segments of this game since "small" isn't a rip source, but I thought it'd be funny.

I also think four bosses is fine for now. We're on the small side with only sixteen participants, anyway, and we want the focus to be on them instead of a large number of bosses. As much as I liked the first Mashup Week, the bosses did get tiring at a certain point.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Alright, by a close amount of votes, PSYchos win!

Now for prompt voting...

POTTERQUEST Replacement Prompts:
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Submit a character that debuted in the 2000s
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Submit a character that comes from a parody or uses parodies as a source
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Submit a puppet-associated character

Labo-Man Replacement Prompts:

Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Submit a Nintendo characater
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Submit a character that represents arts and crafts
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Submit a tiny character
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear Submit a misc Nintendo character

Vote for your top two in each category!

1. 2000s (I have an idea for this)
2. Puppet (Just seems fun)

1. Misc Nintendo (We need a Nintendo character. But we also need some creativity.)
2. Tiny (Interested to see what you guys do)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. 2000s (Plenty of open-ended potential here! Plus, I imagine it's a nostalgic period for a lot of us hehee)
2. Puppets (Again, a really funky and unusual prompt we could do a lot with!)

1. Nintendo (This seems obvious. A Nintendo character would be really awesome to see, and I think y'all could come up with some very fun ideas!)
2. Tiny (This seems like such a bizarre, weird addition that it'd be genius. Like, I'm hooked already. This is awesome!)

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
1. 2000s (I got a really funky idea brewing in the oven for this one!)
2. Parody
---
1. Nintendo
2. Arts & Crafts

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
1. 2000s (nostalgia is basically my fuel source.)
2. Parody (We should all strive to have the confidence to self-vote.)

1. Nintendo (Whoa we don't have a Nintendo character yet? I mean I know it's overdone but we need at least one don't we?)
2. Tiny (Something something confidence.)

Yiptap

Smash Lord
It was no contest. 2000s and Nintendo wins!

Job 2000: Submit a character who debuted in the 2000s!

The character themselves had to debut in the 2000s. If you want to submit a variant of the character that existed after the 2000s, then that would be allowed.

Job Nintendo: Submit a Nintendo character!
This is self-explanatory. The character should be, well, a Nintendo character!
Happy submitting!

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
2000s Character:
1649811511883.png

Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog, 2009)
Songs from or featured in any animated Disney film released from 2000-2009 (no Pixar, no acquired properties)
Any Disney villain songs
Songs related to voodoo and other "dark" magics
Songs related to shadows

Nintendo Character:
1649811639123.png

Bigley (Miiverse)

Songs from any game exclusive to the 3DS and/or Wii U
Songs from or featured in any Nintendo Hardware, applications, or multimedia projects
Songs related to “MLG-era” memes or Miiverse memes
Songs related to giants or other especially large entities

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
IDK if this qualifies as a "Nintendo character", but i'll go with:
Mike Jones (StarTropics)
Mike_Jones.png

Sources:
-Music from Nintendo games made for or created by american/european studios that aren't based on a pre-existing franchises or released in Japan. (So no Donkey Kong Country, No Metroid Prime, No Mario Strikers)
[Geist, Uniracers, Tin Star, Day-Dreamin' Davy]
-Music from games similar to The Legend of Zelda series.
[The Mysterious Murasame Castle, For the Frog the Bell Tolls, Genshin Impact]
-Songs related to islands or tropical-themed
-Music related to Yo-Yos

And for the 2000's character
Tim Avery (Son of the Mask)
1649895771631.png

Sources:
-Music from or related Dark Horse Comics franchises.
-Pop songs from the 1950's-1970's (Except The Beatles/no overlap)
-Songs from or related to critically-panned movie sequels (mostly the ones released during the 2000's)
-Songs related to parties or family
-Songs from or related to the Golden Age of Cinema (1910's-1960's) (includes animation/no overlap)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Character Name: Ibis
Character Origin: Pilotwings 64 (1996)

A peppy and somewhat competitive pilot in training, Ibis's focused nature does mean she makes mistakes sometimes... but don't we all? Showing off the power of no less than 64 whole bits (whatever that means), she's here to prove that Nintendo is still playing with power!

- Rips from the Pilotwings series, or from "simulator" games.
(Light Plane, Hang Glider, Squirrel Time, Flight Club, Staff Credit)
(Planet Coaster, The Sims 2, Goat Simulator, Kerbal Space Program)

- Rips from Nintendo IPs that haven't recieved a title in over 10 years.
(F-Zero, Joy Mech Fight, StarTropics, Golden Sun, Ice Climber, Punch-Out!!)

- Rips from any media released on the Nintendo 64 (no overlap.)
(Ocarina of Time, F-Zero X, Donkey Kong 64, Wave Race 64, StarFox 64)
(Bomberman Hero, Banjo-Kazooie, Deadly Arts, GoldenEye007)

- Rips associated with birds, wings, or flight.
(BIRD UP, Three Little Birds, The Duck Song, Angry Birds)
(Come Fly With Me, Wind Beneath My Wings, Ace Combat)

Character Name:
Someone on MySpace probably shipped this already didn't they we're all damned to eternal suffering (Subjects of Eternal Lust)
Character Origin: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (PS1 release, 2001. If you're wondering why it's not "Sorcerer's Stone" then please don't ask me, it's too long-winded and pointless of a story for me to bother telling) also Robots (2005 thank you HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 )

1649794470686.png
1649794760033.png

so once upon a time i got sucked into tumblr and then i met sans and he was like "dur dur dur dur dur dur dur" and then he played the trombone and it was so funny i cried and fell over and then the onceler caught me and he smiled and i was like aahgjajhagjaghagjhg because like omg its the onceler and he was like "you should meet these two" and then i saw bigweld and ps1 hagrid and theyre like my otp now and then i got out of the computer and ate two thirds of a bag of cheetos the end (follow me for part 2two)

- Rips originating from, or featured in, any media/franchises by Blue Sky Studios or FOX Animation Studios.
(Robots, Ice Age, Rio, Spies in Disguise, Ferdinand, EPIC, The Peanuts Movie)
- Rips associated with magic or magical beings.
(Harry Potter, Strange Magic, Magic: The Gathering Online, i guess The Ant Bully?)
- Rips associated with robots or A.I.
(Daft Punk, Bomberman, uhh I guess I, Robot maybe some stuff from Portal too)
- Rips associated with love, romance or passion.
(Freek'n You, Careless Whisper, Love is in the Air)
- Rips directly associated with "sexymen" or "ironically sexy characters"
(How Bad Can I Be?, MEGALOVANIA, Shrek is Love Shrek is Life, We'll Meet Again)

1649884737927.png

look at them they are perfect together

im sorry about the format i'm trying to edit and fix it but it wont do :(

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
IDK if this qualifies as a "Nintendo character", but i'll go with:
Blanc (Neptunia)
Sources:
-Music from Idea Factory games (Fairy Fencer F, Mary Skelter, Death end re;Quest)
-Music from Nintendo RPGs (Fire Emblem, Xenoblade Chronicles, Golden Sun)
-Songs related to cold or rage.
-Songs related to big weapons
-Songs related to parodies to Video Games.
I’m going to have to veto this sub. The character has to be a Nintendo character.

Baysha

Smash Ace
2000's
Beast_Boy.png

Minecraft Beast Boy

Beast Boy had a weird life after leaving the Teen Titans. He took up a variety of odd jobs, one of which being a character for an upcoming video game. He quit that job after he thought that it would never be successful. Look how that turned out. Ever since then he's felt a need to prove himself and this tourney seems to be just the right thing. (Or something like that idk I never watched Teen Titans)
  • Songs from superhero media (No Marvel)
  • Songs related to Minecraft and other sandbox games
  • Songs considered "2000's anthems" or in the style of 2000's rock
  • Songs related to animals

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Idea's aaaalmost finished... Just doing some research to make sure that the sources are accurate.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Job 2000: Gummifrosch

1649890888055.png
1649890915759.png

Two of the biggest superstars of the 2000s (seriously) have decided to do an animal kingdom team-up to conquer this mysterious musical hotel! Gummibär, the lovable and tasty dancer, and Crazy Frog, the manic amphibian who's just a normal frog to the Joker, will combine their Eurodance pedigree to make sure everyone in the hotel is moving their feet and shaking their rump to those earwormy, high-pitched synths. And by golly, they are going to look absolutely cursed while they do it!

Sources
  • Rips featuring songs in the Eurodance, techno, electonica, and Euro disco genres
  • Rips featuring songs from virtual bands
  • Rips featuring songs about bears or frogs
  • Rips featuring songs with chipmunked vocal effects
Examples
  • "Blue (Da Ba Dee)", "What Is Love", "Another Night", "Better Off Alone", the Mortal Kombat theme, songs by Aphex Twin and the Chemical Brothers
  • Songs from Gorillaz, K/DA, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Your Favorite Martian, the Archies, Studio Killers, Love Live! School Idol Project, Jem and the Holograms
  • Songs from Five Nights at Freddy's, Frogger, Banjo-Kazooie, Amphibia, Kung Fu Panda, Battletoads, "The Bare Necessities", Frog's theme from Chrono Trigger, Monokuma's theme from Danganronpa

Retroactively changing PSYchos to have no overlap on their billion song source cuz that would be both of these two's biggest hits lol

Job Nintendo: Mushroom Kingdom F.C.

I'm proud of this sourcelist, and I can't think of anything better (I had an idea for Chrom in a beach outfit referencing Fire Emblem Heroes but the King already has strategy games) so I'm gonna resubmit these two and see how they do. It's a duo of duos!

I didn't say I won't replace her, but rather I didn't see a big need to. And Ultimus? I kinda assumed Mashup Week was the only major KFAD 2 followup so what's that?

also this

Job #21: Mushroom Kingdom F.C.

View attachment 343406View attachment 343407

It looks like the Mushroom Kingdom was in the midst of a pretty gritty soccer tournament at the time of King Stingy's interference with the multiverse! In the crossfire, Princess Daisy and Luigi were taken to the hotel, still in their jerseys and cleats. Considering they're in their designs from a cult classic game, they're staying in those sporty clothes and retaining their more aggressive, competitive personalities displayed in Super Mario Strikers. Don't get in their way, or else a face full of stitched polyester will be delivered soon!

Sources
  • Rips featuring songs from sports games
  • Rips featuring jock jams or songs that are considered sports anthems
  • Rips featuring songs from Mario spin-off titles
Examples
  • Songs from the soundtracks of Rocket League, Wii Sports, NBA Jam, Mario Tennis, Inazuma Eleven, Punch-Out!!
  • Songs featured on FIFA, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Madden NFL, MLB The Show, NBA 2K, WWE 2K
  • "Whoomp! (There It Is)", "Sweet Caroline", "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)", "Y.M.C.A.", "Seven Nation Army", "We Will Rock You", "Eye of the Tiger"
  • Songs from Paper Mario, Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Party

Baysha

Smash Ace
Nintendo
weedcat.png

Weed Cat
Hailing from the Spain-inspired region that doesn't actually have a public name yet if my 3 minutes of research is correct, Weed Cat smokes the competition! One day, Weed Cat decided that he would smoke the biggest blunt in the world. And while smoking it, it seems that the sheer power of the blunt attracted the mysterious hotel. Ever since then, he's been in it to win it! Well, not really. He just wants to chill out and make some neat music.

• Songs from the Pokemon series and other monster collecting games
  • Songs related to drugs. Focusing on marijuana
  • Songs from things considered a part of or related to "Stoner Culture"
  • Songs related to cats and plants

Byleth_SSBU.png

Byleth
"So joining Dimensional Junction consumes even the darkness itself!"

• Songs from the Fire Emblem Series
  • Songs from games that have characters featured in the Smash Bros fighters pass in them (No overlap)
  • Songs related to teaching and education
  • Songs related to controversial artistic decisions and bad reception

Last edited:

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so my first submission is Hannah Montana, the pop singing alter ego from the Disney Channel show of the same name.

- Songs featuring Miley Cyrus
(Best of Both Worlds, Party in the USA, Wrecking Ball, WTF Do I Know)
- Songs featured in Disney Channel media, or by Disney child stars
(High School Musical, Shake It Up, Phineas and Ferb... and yes, she’d get Cory in the House.)
- 2000s and early 2010s Teen Pop songs, or songs by their creators
(Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears)
- Songs featured in live-action sitcoms
(Victorious, Big Time Rush, The Office, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)

My next submission? A scrapped character from my own tourney in the making. The Children of Majora, a team-up between Skull Kid and BEN DROWNED.
250.png
39-Skull-Kid.png

- Songs featuring music from The Legend of Zelda media
(Song of Unhealing, Clock Town, Lost Woods, Dark World)
- Songs featured in internet horror, or dark media targeted towards children
(Slenderman, Sonic.exe, Jeff the Killer, Lavender Town)
(Coraline, Invader Zim, Gravity Falls, Courage the Cowardly Dog)
- Songs prominently or solely featuring the Piano
(Op. 17 No. 4, Clair de Lune, Der Flohwalzer, Moonlight Sonata)
- Songs related to death, the undead, and and apocalypse
(Ghost Trick, Spooky Scary Skeletons, No Control, The Rumbling)

Last edited:

NotDemonicKraken

Smash Rookie
INFECTIOUS is a tournament with a darker storyline, focusing on a scientist drawing in characters from other dimensions to combat an apocalyptic zombie threat. It has some really cool characters so far like Unus Annus and the Spiderverse Trio!

Enter: The Game has some amazing character choices like Panty, Stocking, and Dante as a team, Susie and Lancer teamed up with Billie Eilish, or the Angry Birds Space version of Chuck.

Memoir Recall currently only has four characters so far and not much lore (if any), but the choices are already great, featuring such characters as Grillby and a Kingdom Hearts version of Peter Griffin.
Here's a few more for the road.

Exhibition Gallery has a bunch of good tracks, and all the characters have notably large sourcelists if that's your kind of thing. The whole thing has a museum theming too, which is pretty cool. Shoutouts to Copy That Copycats.

Terror On Mashup Lane Revolution is a rebooted version of an older tournament. Only one character has been revealed, but things are already looking good for this wii-themed tournament.

Escape From The Dark World is one hosted on youtube, and the whole thing is Deltarune. It's mostly arrangement-based as opposed to mashup-based, but the arrangements are really good.

Venom is a song released by Eminem back in 2018 for a movie based on the symbiote of the same name, and easily his best work. The music video gives the implication that Eminem is infecting between these people, which is incredibly interesting- if offset by the outright Venom at the end hurting the uniqueness.

A Chance Of Redemption was a cancelled tournament that brought back characters who had lost without a single win in their home tournaments. However, recently, it came back to continue its bracket, and is currently approaching Final 4. A lot of interesting picks from other tournaments are in here, and something is happening to the eliminated contestants- though it's not exactly clear what yet.

Lightning Round is another primarily youtube-based tournament, with characters like the Youtube Copyright Bot, Piconjo, and The Battle Cats. There are 24 characters, and the artstyle is really unique, with a variety of images filling in the character's outline in the place of the typical colors and shading. For the sake of clarity, they recently had an april fools event with an alternate universe roster, explaining the past few uploads.

Thank you for your time. Chess King deserves the world.

EDIT: Forgot one! My bad.

Dusk Til Dawn/Dawn Til Dusk is a pair round robin tournament with a twist. While the two round robins happen separately, they're going to come back at the end in one last part of the tournament. A lot of great characters are here, like Something Isn't Right (Based on Crusher-P's songs "Echo" and "Propaganda!") or Sticky Queen (Demoman from TF2 with a Killer Queen inspired stand.) It's currently in a bit of a stasis, but Dawn Til Dusk is still going and will continue...eventually.

Last edited:
Nintendo character:
Isaac (Golden Sun)

1649966198204.png

The main hero of Golden Sun, Isaac was trying to learn a new spell in his universe, but then, something's wrong, he accidentally created a portal that sucked him into Interdimensional void and he landed in front of hotel. Then he gets up and he walks into the hotel and he meets Stingy, who ran this hotel. Then Stingy rent a room for him and told him to check his ripping skills that would shine on the stage like a sun.

- Songs associated with Nintendo RPG games:
(Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Xenoblade, Mother)

- Songs associated with Sun or sunshine:
(Walking on the sunshine - Katrina and Waves, Here comes the sun, Sunshine Reggae)

- Songs associated with Nintendo IPs that are represented by Assist trophy:
(Murasame Castle, Joy Mech Fight, Brain Age, Starfy)

- Songs associated with magic or psychic powers:
(It's a kind of magic, Psychic powers, 24K Magic - Bruno Mars)

2000's Character:
Shadow the Hedgehog

1649965180251.png

The anti-hero of Sonic series, Shadow has been doing his business in Crisis City (Rivalizing with Sonic) and then Stingy snatched him from the rift and took him to hotel to check his ripping skills with shadowy and edgy aesthetics...

- Songs associated with Sonic the Hedgehog media:
(Sonic the Hedgehog (1991), Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Movie (2020) and Sonic Boom (Sonic CD))

- Songs associated with edgy content:
(Bomberman Act Zero and other edgy shows/games/etc.)

- Songs associated with Rivalry:
(Macklemore an Ryan Levis - Can't hold us, Sonic Rivals, Rivalry - Next step)

- Songs associated with Shadows:
(Shadow dreams, Shadows of your love, Songs from the Shadows, The Rasmus - In the shadows)

NotDemonicKraken

Smash Rookie
Ended up deciding to submit a couple of characters to this.

Airborne Infection

Bilocyte, an infectious parasite that corrupted the flying sky whale Levias in The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, has decided to latch onto a different flying nintendo whale: Pokepark 2's Wailord of the Flight Zone! Sure, there was already another corruption going on in Wish Park, but so long as the parasite didn't interfere too much Sigilyph didn't care if it stuck around...

- Songs from/associated with the Legend of Zelda or Pokemon franchises
(Ghirahim's Theme, Dance Inferno, Twilit Ice Mass Blizzeta, Deoxys Battle)
- Songs relating to water, sea life, or flight and the sky
(Cake By The Ocean, Deep Sea Swing, The Whale Song, Sky's The Limit)
- Songs relating to parasites, infection, or corruptive forces
(Parasyte, She Found Pictures in my Email, Down With The Sickness, Venom)

Goofy Goober Wizard

Pretty much explains itself. Spongebob at the end of the first movie, which came out in 2004.

- Songs from/associated with Spongebob and other Nickelodeon Properties
(Sweet Victory, Invader Zim Theme, Take A Hint, Squidward's Nose)
- Songs by Glam Metal or Heavy Metal artists
(Twisted Sister, W.A.S.P., Iron Maiden, Dio)
- Songs relating to sweets, sweet foods, or magic
(Sweet Tooth, Drop Pop Candy, 24K Magic, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard)

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Ended up deciding to submit a couple of characters to this.

Airborne Infection

Bilocyte, an infectious parasite that corrupted the flying sky whale Levias in The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, has decided to latch onto a different flying nintendo whale: Pokepark 2's Wailord of the Flight Zone! Sure, there was already another corruption going on in Wish Park, but so long as the parasite didn't interfere too much Sigilyph didn't care if it stuck around...

- Songs from/associated with the Legend of Zelda or Pokemon franchises
(Ghirahim's Theme, Dance Inferno, Twilit Ice Mass Blizzeta, Deoxys Battle)
- Songs relating to water, sea life, or flight and the sky
(Cake By The Ocean, Deep Sea Swing, The Whale Song, Sky's The Limit)
- Songs relating to parasites, infection, or corruptive forces
(Parasyte, She Found Pictures in my Email, Down With The Sickness, Venom)

Goofy Goober Wizard

Pretty much explains itself. Spongebob at the end of the first movie, which came out in 2004.

- Songs from/associated with Spongebob and other Nickelodeon Properties
(Sweet Victory, Invader Zim Theme, Take A Hint, Squidward's Nose)
- Songs by Glam Metal or Heavy Metal artists
(Twisted Sister, W.A.S.P., Iron Maiden, Dio)
- Songs relating to sweets, sweet foods, or magic
(Sweet Tooth, Drop Pop Candy, 24K Magic, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard)
Hi! Welcome to the thread! Hope we welcome you well!

The Blue Birds (Rhythm Heaven)

The Blue Birds from Rhythm Heaven have arrived! They will stretch out their necks to show Dimensional Junction the power of Rhythm Games!
-Rips from/featured in Rhythm Heaven, as well as rips from other Rhythm games
(Ringside, Remix 10, I'm a Lady Now, What Can I Do)
(PaRappa the Rapper, Taiko No Tatsujin, Osu!, Friday Night Funkin')
-Rips associated with the color blue
(I'm Blue (Da Ba Dee), Blue Suede Shoes, Mr. Blue Sky, songs in the Blues genre)
-Rips associated with birds
(Duck Song, Flamingo, King Dedede's Theme, DuckTales)
-Rips associated with the military
(Metal Gear, Ace Combat, Yvan Eht Nioj (The Simpsons, though this would be a dual rip with Greg and Ryuk), any national anthem)
My 2000s sub will come later

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Alright, it's 2000s time!
Video BrinquedBros (Pancada and Marcelle Toing)

The little panda fighter and the living health code violation, Pancada and Marcelle Toing have arrived to represent the mighty power of bootlegs!

Sourcelist:
  • Songs from bootlegs and critically panned movies
    (7 Frand Dad, Dr Amigo, Norm of the North, The Emoji Movie)
  • Songs associated with Brazil
    (Songs from Rio, You Are Going To Brazil)
  • Songs associated with boxing and other martial arts
    (Punch-Out, Rocky, Kung-Fu Fighting, Cobra Kai)
  • Songs associated with rats and other rodents/stereotypically gross animals
    (Ratatoullie, We Don't Talk About Bruno, La Cucaracha, The HamsterDance Song)
And subs are closed! Voting opens tomorrow!

Top Bottom