• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: SilvaGunner: King For A Day Round 3! [REBOOT]

Should modified KFAD contestands be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Nah, man

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I was, once again, really torn between two completely seperate ideas for this... so here's the one I eventually settled on.

1644254822675.png

Description: The Void was not kind to these weary travellers... representing the emotions of their world, they have arrived by swimming across the emptiness. Passing through many worlds in the process, this amalgamation of emojis has become a hivemind - needing more than anything else to make people laugh with their memes... but for real, what da dog doin?

Context: Okay, I'm aware this is ridiculous, but I think it could be a cool way to raise the stakes. The idea that the Void itself had this effect on them is a truly terrifying concept that leans pretty well into body horror in a family friendly way, plus having 21st Century Humor is a pretty solid and underused source. Also, it'd be funny if they only communicate in emojis as a fun typing quirk!

With this, it came about purely by chance. I came across the image purely by chance when searching something unrelated and was instantly inspired - but admittedly, I struggled a little to work out what to include sourcewise. Hopefully, the ones I settled on were pretty solid!

Also, one more thing... can I just say that I'm honoured for my 1000th message to be this one. This might seem like a ****post but I'm really glad it was here. Thanks, y'all. This thread's become something truly special. ;3

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I just submitted a real musician, but considering the aesthetics this feels like a decent boss concept.

Job #28: My Chemical Romance

1644263880309.png

These spooky apparitions seem to resemble young men in marching band outfits for some reason. Most of the time, they say little and just move around the hotel in barely visible forms. They are rarely spotted by the contestants at all because of that. However, when someone is eliminated once the tournament finally goes underway, the loser may hear the faint sounds of a marching band that night, which only get louder and louder until they disappear from the hotel entirely.

(That above description can be modified of course, depending on the plot we go with. The main idea is that this boss is a set of ghosts who lead the losing contestants to wherever they are supposed to be taken, like a River Styx situation.)

Sources
  • Rips featuring songs by pop punk acts
  • Rips featuring marching band style arrangements
  • Rips featuring songs about death or disease
  • Rips featuring ending themes
Examples
  • Songs by All Time Low, Green Day, Jimmy Eat World, Paramore, Olivia Rodrigo that one time, Fall Out Boy, Bowling for Soup, Simple Plan
  • "(Don't Fear) The Reaper", "I'll Be Missing You", "Hurt", "See You Again", "If I Die Young", songs from Trauma Center or medical dramas
  • Staff roll themes from video games ("Smiles and Tears", "Still Alive", "Lullaby for You"), credits themes from films ("Men in Black", "Where Is My Mind?", "Iron Man")

Baysha

Smash Ace
Boss: THIS GAME'S WINNER

Master Ear didn't start out with hosting the Dimensional Junction. At first, they tried to cut right to the chase. If they could only take the best of the best and combine all of their qualities together in one package... So, they tried to do just that. The result? A horrific amalgamation of rip tourney winners. With the minds of the many condensed into one. Unfortunately, the experiment was a failure. It turned out bloated and trying too hard to please everyone at once. And so, Master Ear discarded it into the void. But with the Dimensional Junction, it seems they've found a new use for it. As a boss to truly test the skills of the contestants! It does not know what's happening. All it knows is that it must rip.

Sources:
  • Every source from any character that has won a rip tourney.

(Don't worry. They aren't the "real" winners. Just clones that think and behave the exact same way with all of the original's memories... Actually, you may want to worry.)

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Boss Submissions. Status: Eliminated

Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear General Lunaris (DuckTales) (Uses rips from animated Disney shows, rips related to the Moon, and rips related to aliens)
@Darkonedagger The Taskmaster & Little Alex Home (Uses rips from/related to game shows, uses rips related to jobs and tasks, and rips related to British comedy)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Nostalgia Critic (Uses rips associated with Nostalgia Critic and other critics/reviewers, rips associated with movies reviewed by Nostalgia Critic, and rips associated with nostalgia)
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 Uncanny Reactions (An amalgamation of several Cursed Emojis) (Uses rips from unsettling memes, rips from 21st Century humor and SFX, rips associated with social media, and rips associated with fusions, eldritch beings, and amalgamations)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote My Chemical Romance (Uses rips in the punk rock genre, rips from marching band style arrangements, rips associated with death [This source will likely get changed, due to belonging to Greg and Ryuk], and rips from ending themes)
Baysha Baysha THIS GAME'S WINNER (An amalgamation of previous winning contestants) (Uses rips from any character that has won a rip tourney)
Vote for your top three!
1. Uncanny Reactions
2. Taskmaster
3. My Chemical Romance
Honorable mention to Nostalgia Critic, but he's WAY too similar to Anthony.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Taskmaster (genius submission, honestly, and you could make some pretty fun rips with them!)
2. My Chemical Romance (I love the River Styx concept here, plus they have an awesome sourcelist!)
3. Uncanny Reactions (self vote, but I think just straight up "emojis" is bizarre enough to work here... right?)

Shoutout to THIS GAME'S WINNER by the way, that's a really cool concept! It's just that there's, well, a lot of winners... but it'd be cool nonetheless!!

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
1. Uncanny Reactions (That image is beautiful omg)
2. Taskmaster (Never heard of it before, looked up a few clips on YouTube, and y'know what? It was really funny.)
3. My Chemical Romance (Yeah I figured that death source would be some trouble lol, thought I'd throw it in in case the fact that one was a boss and one was a contestant would allow it.)

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Here is one change I want to make to a newcomer I submitted...

Job 7: Kel & Pluto (Omori)

• Rips from Omori
  • Rips from indie games with pixelated graphics (No overlap)
  • Rips associated with ball sports
  • Rips associated with space
Examples:
  • My Time, Splintered Sweets In The Castle, Push and Shove
  • Undertale, The Binding of Isaac, Celeste
  • Space Jam Theme Song
  • Galaxy (Lazy Town)

Last edited:
Resubmitting Impostor from Among us.
Impostor (Among Us)
View attachment 344666
Species: Impostor? (Unknown alien species)
Origin Universe: Among Us/Innersloth

Who is that sussy astronaut?
Impostor is a Villainous character debuted in Popular Indie Mobile game called "Among Us", which it was Released in summer of 2018, but it became a huge sleeper hit in 2020!
Impostor is one of Alien Species that kills crewmates on Ship or on other planets. When he is suspicious, he gets voted off and thrown away into outer space. He has ability to sabotage and vent through vents.
Impostor is one of Modern Gaming Icons that has a lot of recognition around the world due to his iconic simple design and even because of Memes that they appeared in late 2020.

How he got in the hotel?
In this World, Impostor was wandering through the Skeld and he was trying to kill someone, but some of the Crewmates knew that he was going to kill someone and and was voted as Impostor, resulting his fate while being ejected out of Spaceship.
While he was flying in Empty space, he accidentally flew into the Space-Time Rift, where it led him to Interdimensional Multiverse Void, where the Hotel was located.

He landed in front of it and and walk straight into interior of Hotel and it revealed that King Stingy opened the Rift, because he wanted a character, whose popularity is very high and one of them was "Impostor from Among Us".
King Stingy let him stay in the Hotel to check his ripping skills among the Roster...

Impostor's sources:
- Songs taken from Innersloth games and Among Us memes:
(Examples: Among Us, Henry Stickmin, Amogus)

- Songs associated with Astronauts:
(Examples: Astronaut in the Ocean, Astronaut - Simple plan)

- Songs taken from 2017-2020's Popular Games:*
(Examples: Friday Night Funkin, Fall Guys, Fortnite)

- Songs associated with Aliens:
(Examples: Alien, The Thing, Kirby and Songs, which appeared in "Pitbull and Aliens")

The guests:

• Henry Stickmin
  • Crewmates
  • Fall Guy
  • Aliens from "Pitbull and aliens"
  • Kirby
Rip Example:
Boss in the Ocean

*Note: Actually the "Popular Games from 2017 to 2020's" Source has a reference when Among Us was in Beta Phase in 2017.
(Also, I'm gonna exclude games like AC:NH from huge companies like Nintendo or Bethesda, because I believe that we gonna leave it for another newcomer)

I hope you like this one, since you guys & gals know him.

Last edited:
Not how we're doing this. Yiptap said we'd be doing it where every losing submission would be competing against each other at once.
Whoops, hehe.
I'm sorry. I misread the job.
1644414420697.png

(It was my reaction BTW)

Anyway, I believe that the best submissions that failed like Impostor, Cooper & Mulder or Biblically Accurate Justice are likely to win.
Also, I don't think some characters will get into the roster, but I believe that they will get in some point.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
By a large margin of votes, UNCANNY REACTIONS WINS!
Now I would like to start the pre-resubmission discussion period. This is mostly to make changes to your submissions, and just discuss things in general.
Well, with this said, I think this would be a good time to collate all of my previous submissions and make changes as needed. Sorry this took a while, there was a lot to sort through, but this is currently up to date. Note that the characters of mine who've made it into the tournament aren't included, however. All of them have edits to an extent, some more minor than others, but all of them have been touched up a little! For clarity - yes, all of these are now the definitive "resubmission" characters.

All that aside, let's take a look! I hope you enjoy - this took an age to put together.

Well, here they are! Quite the motley crew, eh?
Original Post
Contestants:
Tohru Adachi (Persona 4, 2008) & 「KILLER QUEEN」 (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable, Chapter 80 - 1994)
Description: The Egocentric Police **** seems to be more dangerous than ever... with the explosive force of Killer Queen by his side in place of Magatsu-Izanagi, this wild card is more unpredictabe than ever. Would he be here simply to engage in the tournament... or does he have something to hide?

Source Changelog:
  • Added "Rips featuring artists, songs, or albums referenced directly in Diamond is Unbreakable" as a buff
  • Replaced "Rips associated with the Police" with "Rips associated with Murder" to better focus the sourcelist overall
- Rips from any SMT media (including spinoffs)
(Shin Megami Tensei III – Nocturne, Jack Bros., Persona 4 Golden, Devil Summoner, Persona 5 Royal, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Persona Q2)

- Rips from any official JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure media
(Eyes of Heaven, official Anime Adaptation, Heritage for the Future, All Star Battle, GioGio’s Bizarre Adventure, Coda’s Anthology Songs)

- Rips associated with explosions, televisions, or the police
(Television Rules the Nation, Firestarter, anything by The Police, TV Casualty, Dynamite, Bomberman Hero, Smooth Criminal, Bakusatsuou)

- Rips originating from, or used in, any official SMT media
(Persona 4 Golden, Shin Megami Tensei III - Nocturne, Jack Bros., Devil Summoner: Raidou Kazunoha vs the Soulless Army, Persona 5 Royal)

- Rips originating from, or used in, official JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure media
(JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Anime, Eyes of Heaven, Heritage for the Future, All Star Battle, GioGio’s Bizarre Adventure, Coda’s Anthology Songs)

- Rips featuring artists, songs, and albums referenced directly in Diamond is Unbreakable
(Killer Queen, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Another One Bites the Dust, Knocking on Heaven's Door)
(Earth, Wind and Fire, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Boyz II Men, Jimi Hendrix)

-
Rips associated with murder, explosions, or televisions
(Stan, Dynamite, Pumped Up Kicks, Murder by Numbers, TV Casualty, Psycho Killer, Bohemian Rhapsody, Firestarter, Murder On My Mind)

Original Post
Contestants:
Toxtricity & Toxtricity (Pokémon Sword and Shield, 2019)
Description: Who's that Pokémon? It's Toxtricity - both of them! Amped up and fully tuned to join their fellow guests in musical matches, they've cooked up a shocking combination of GameFreak's work - as well as a large library of punk rock to their name! Looks like these electrifying stars are going to crush their opponents underfoot...

Source Changelog:
- Reworded "Rips by artists in the punk genre" to "Rips in the punk genre, including by punk artists" for greater clarity

- Rips originating from any official Pokémon media.
(Pokémon Sword and Shield, the Pokémon anime, Pokkén Tournament, Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon XD - Gale of Darkness)

- Rips originating from any media developed by GameFreak.
(Pulseman, Little Town Hero, Harmoknight, Drill Dozer, Giga Wrecker Alt., Tembo the Badass Elephant)

- Rips associated with electricity or poison.
(Thunderstruck, Greased Lightning, She's Electric, Together in Electric Dreams, music by the Electric Light Orchestra)
(Toxic, Poison Jam, Cyanide, Poison Heart, Party Poison, music featured in the movie Venom)

- Rips by artists in the punk genre.
(Green Day, The Clash, Blink-182, The Misfits, Sex Pistols, Joy Division, Weezer, Nirvana, Suicidal Tendencies)

- Rips originating from any official Pokémon media.
(Pokémon Sword and Shield, the Pokémon anime, Pokkén Tournament, Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon XD - Gale of Darkness)

- Rips originating from any media developed by GameFreak.
(Pulseman, Little Town Hero, Harmoknight, Drill Dozer, Giga Wrecker Alt., Tembo the Badass Elephant)

- Rips associated with electricity or poison.
(Thunderstruck, Greased Lightning, She's Electric, Together in Electric Dreams, music by the Electric Light Orchestra)
(Toxic, Poison Jam, Cyanide, Poison Heart, Party Poison, music featured in the movie Venom)

- Rips in the punk genre, including by punk artists.
(Green Day, The Clash, Blink-182, The Misfits, Sex Pistols, Joy Division, Weezer, Nirvana, Suicidal Tendencies)

Original Post
Contestants:
The Angry Video Game Nerd (The Angry Nintendo Nerd, 2004)
Description: ASS!! Flipping the bird to the world with one hand, and with a bottle of Rolling Rock in the other, the AVGN is here to take you back to the past! With ****ty games at his disposal, this vulgar critic (NO, NOT THAT ONE,) is sure to be able to beat the opposition down! After all, with a decorated cabinet of bested opponents like Bugs Bunny, Jason Voorhees and... a Robotic Operating Buddy?... well, he's got some experience in the field!

Source Changelog:
  • Reworded "Rips originating from games at some point covered on the AVGN show." to "Rips originating from any game covered in an episode of AVGN." for greater clarity.
  • Added "Rips associated with anger or rage." as a buff.

- Rips associated with the Cinemassacre channel.
(The Angry Video Game Nerd, Minecraft with Gadget, I Live Behind the Couch, Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie - The Original Soundtrack)

- Rips originating from games at some point covered on the AVGN show.
(Castlevania II, Superman 64, Sonic '06, Silver Surfer, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Battletoads, EarthBound, Zelda II, Action 52, CrazyBus)

- Rips originating from consoles covered in a full episode of AVGN.
(SEGA CD, Virtual Boy, Atari 5200, SEGA 32X, Amiga CD32, Philips CD-i, 3DO Interactive Multiplayer, Commodore 64, Magnavox Odyssey)

- Rips associated with the Cinemassacre channel.
(The Angry Video Game Nerd, Minecraft with Gadget, I Live Behind the Couch, Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie - The Original Soundtrack)

- Rips originating from any game covered in an episode of AVGN.
(Castlevania II, Superman 64, Sonic '06, Silver Surfer, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Battletoads, EarthBound, Zelda II, Action 52, CrazyBus)

- Rips originating from consoles covered in a full episode of AVGN.
(SEGA CD, Virtual Boy, Atari 5200, SEGA 32X, Amiga CD32, Philips CD-i, 3DO Interactive Multiplayer, Commodore 64, Magnavox Odyssey)

- Rips associated with anger or rage.
(One Step Closer, Killing in the Name, Down With the Sickness, In The End, IDGAF, Tyler01 screaming)

Original Post
Contestants: Mr. Mew (The World Ends With You, 2007)
Description: Mrow! Originally a beloved sowing project, it seems like this funky feline's been given a Player Pin of his own - but instead of joining the Reaper's Game, he's somewhere even more insane - Dimensional Junction! He might have the attitude of an alleycat, but this purring plush is sure to leave a mark... especially if you call him a pig. He's aged a bit since the original Game, of course, but as well as being a fashion icon in his own right, he's still got the claws to take on his opponents!

Source Changelog:
  • Reworded "Rips in the The World Ends With You series." to "Rips originating from the The World Ends With You series." for greater clarity.
  • Reworded "Rips originating from Square-Enix media." to "Rips originating from any Square-Enix media." for greater clarity.

- Rips in the The World Ends With You series.
(Twister, Déjà Vu, Calling, Long Dream, Give Me All Your Love, It’s So Wonderful, Three Minutes Clapping)

- Rips originating from Square-Enix media.
(Final Fantasy VII, Octopath Traveller, Kingdom Hearts, Bubble Bobble, Gex, Just Cause, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, )

- Rips associated with psychics or psychic abilities.
(EarthBound, Stranger Things, Asure Striker Gunvolt, Psychonauts, Akira, Mob Psycho 100)

- Rips associated with cats, or featuring white noise or crowd sound effects.
(Music from Cats, What’s New Pussycat?, Eye of the Tiger, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, various crowd SFX)

- Rips originating from the The World Ends With You series.
(Twister, Déjà Vu, Calling, Long Dream, Give Me All Your Love, It’s So Wonderful, Three Minutes Clapping)

- Rips originating from any Square-Enix media.
(Final Fantasy VII, Octopath Traveller, Kingdom Hearts, Bubble Bobble, Gex, Just Cause, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, )

- Rips associated with psychics or psychic abilities.
(EarthBound, Stranger Things, Asure Striker Gunvolt, Psychonauts, Akira, Mob Psycho 100)

- Rips associated with cats, or featuring white noise or crowd sound effects.
(Music from Cats, What’s New Pussycat?, Eye of the Tiger, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, various crowd SFX)

Original Post
Contestants: Agent Fox Mulder (The X-Files, 1993) & Agent Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks, 1990)
Description: The truth is out there… and this pair’s going to find it. With the combination of Fox Mulder’s unyielding dedication to his work, and Dale Cooper’s unusual methods of investigation, as well as their shared experience in the field of the supernatural (and a healthy slice of cherry pie to boot), they’re sure to uncover the secrets taking place in this bizarre world between worlds… but you’ll have to tune in at primetime next week to know for sure.

Source Changelog:
  • Removed the restriction on licensed music for "Rips originating from live-action 90s television programmes" so as to include tracks such as the Friends theme (I'll Be There For You)
  • Reworded "Rips originating from live-action 90s television programmes" to "Rips originating from live-action 90s television programming" to fit better overall.

- Rips originating from live-action 90s television programmes (doesn’t include licensed music used in TV or music videos. No Overlap.)
(The X-Files, Twin Peaks, Friends, the Weather Channel, Seinfeld, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Mr. Bean, Bill Nye the Science Guy)

- Rips associated with the police or the justice system.
(Phoenix Wright, I Fought the Law, Karma Police, Philadelphia Lawyer, Sound of da Police, anything by The Police)

- Rips associated with conspiracies or government agents.
(Touch-Tone Telephone, anything by Avril Lavigne, Men in Black, American Idiot, Goldeneye 007, “The Milkman Conspiracy”, Stranger Things)

- Rips originating from live-action 90s television programming (No Overlap.)
(The X-Files, Twin Peaks, Friends, the Weather Channel, Seinfeld, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Mr. Bean, Bill Nye the Science Guy)

- Rips associated with the police or the justice system.
(Phoenix Wright, I Fought the Law, Karma Police, Philadelphia Lawyer, Sound of da Police, anything by The Police)

- Rips associated with conspiracies or government agents.
(Touch-Tone Telephone, anything by Avril Lavigne, Men in Black, American Idiot, Goldeneye 007, “The Milkman Conspiracy”, Stranger Things)

Original Post
Contestants: HAL9000 (2001 - A Space Odyssey, 1968)
Description: Letting someone else win the tournament? I'm afraid he can't do that... the enigmatic HAL9000 is here to calculate the finest rips of all, and with a little technical knowhow, combine them into flawless mashups. Despite being experienced in the depths of space, however, will he be able to survive the Void?...

Source Changelog:
- Reworded "Rips associated with A.I. or other sentient machines, such as robots." to "Rips associated with A.I., robots, or other sentient machinery." for clarity.

- Music originating from, or used in, any Stanley Kubrick media.
(2001 – A Space Odyssey, The Shining, Dr. Strangelove, A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, Spartacus)

- Music associated with space or celestial objects.
(Space Oddity, Black Hole Sun, Fly Me to the Moon, Walking on the Sun, Rocket Man, 30th Century Man)

- Music associated with A.I. or other sentient machines, such as robots.
(Daft Punk, Portal, Death by Glamour, Paranoid Android, Intergalactic, E-102 Gamma, Redial, Radio Gaga)

- Music associated with computers or computer programs.
(Tron: Legacy, Pocket Calculator, Virtual Insanity, Technologic, Together in Electric Dreams)

- Music originating from, or used in, any Stanley Kubrick media.
(2001 – A Space Odyssey, The Shining, Dr. Strangelove, A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, Spartacus)

- Music associated with space or "celestial objects".
(Space Oddity, Black Hole Sun, Fly Me to the Moon, Walking on the Sun, Rocket Man, 30th Century Man)

- Music associated with A.I., robots, or other sentient machinery.
(Daft Punk, Portal, Death by Glamour, Paranoid Android, Intergalactic, E-102 Gamma, Redial, Radio Gaga)

- Music associated with computers or computer programs.
(Tron: Legacy, Pocket Calculator, Virtual Insanity, Technologic, Together in Electric Dreams)

Original Post
Contestants: The Unnamed Angel (The Old Testament, circa 1200BC) & The Cross of Justice (Cross, 2007)
Description: A deep, rumbling hum emanates from the skies as the light of heaven blinds all observers... and nestled within its wings and eyes lies a monolith of great power. With this mysterious cross-like object in its embrace, this mysterious, otherworldly combatant is sure to be difficult to take on - but it seems pretty powerless within the Hotel... for the time being, at least.

Source Changelog:
- Rearranged the sources to put "Rips associated with eyes or vision" at the bottom, as a flavour source.

- Music by Justice, or other artists in the Ed Banger label
(Waters of Nazareth, D.A.N.C.E, Audio Video Disco, Helix, DVNO)
(Mr. Oizo, SebastiAn, Cassius, Breakbot, Myd, Busy P)

- Music associated with religion or religious concepts
(Take Me to Church, Angels, Robotica Satanica, Locked Out of Heaven)

- Music associated with eyes or vision
(I Can See Clearly Now, ocean eyes, Eye of the Tiger, Black Eyed Peas)

- Music in the genre of French House
(Daft Punk, Madeon, Stardust, David Guetta, Le Knight Club)

- Music by Justice, or other artists in the Ed Banger label
(Waters of Nazareth, D.A.N.C.E, Audio Video Disco, Helix, DVNO)
(Mr. Oizo, SebastiAn, Cassius, Breakbot, Myd, Busy P)

- Music associated with religion or religious concepts
(Take Me to Church, Angels, Robotica Satanica, Locked Out of Heaven)

- Music in the genre of French House
(Daft Punk, Madeon, Stardust, David Guetta, Le Knight Club)

- Music associated with eyes or vision
(I Can See Clearly Now, ocean eyes, Eye of the Tiger, Black Eyed Peas)

Original Post
Contestants: Luigi (Mario Bros., 1983, & Ghostbusters, 1984.)
Description: Who ya gonna call? Looks like the New York branch is down and out - but luckily, the Mushroom Kingdom branch picked up the phone. This plucky, though unlucky plumber's taken on an all-new role of Ghostbuster - something not new to him given his experience in his various mansions, though he wasn't exactly excited to pick up the Protogust 3000... As the thirteenth contestant, his somewhat timid nature might not make him look ideal for the role - but he's sure to give his service with a smile.

Source Changelog:
  • Renamed "Rips originating from Super Mario spinoff media." to "Rips originating from any Super Mario spinoff media." for greater clarity.
  • Renamed "Rips originating from, or used in, 80s movies (no overlap.)" to "Rips originating from, or prominently featured in, 80s movies. (No Overlap.) for greater clarity and to improve punctuation.

- Rips originating from Super Mario spinoff media.
(Luigi’s Mansion, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Tennis Aces, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Bros: The Movie, Hotel Mario)

- Rips associated with ghosts or other spirits.
(Ghostbusters, Somebody’s Watching Me, Ghost Fight, Ghost Trick, Thriller, Haunted, Hotel California)

- Rips associated with other undead beings.
(Nosferatu, We Suck Young Blood, Plants VS. Zombies, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Spooky Scary Skeletons)

- Rips originating from, or used in, 80s movies (no overlap.)
(E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, Blade Runner, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, Back to the Future)

- Rips originating from any Super Mario spinoff media.
(Luigi’s Mansion, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Tennis Aces, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Bros: The Movie, Hotel Mario)

- Rips associated with ghosts or other spirits.
(Ghostbusters, Somebody’s Watching Me, Ghost Fight, Ghost Trick, Thriller, Haunted, Hotel California)

- Rips associated with other undead beings.
(Nosferatu, We Suck Young Blood, Plants VS. Zombies, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Spooky Scary Skeletons)

- Rips originating from, or prominently featured in, 80s movies. (No Overlap.)
(E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, Blade Runner, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, Back to the Future)

Consider them as characters nonetheless if you wish, but they go in a different section for the sake of organisation.

Original Post
Contestants:
Space Jackson (Space Channel 5, 1999)
Description: Moonwalking into the role of reporter, it's Space Jackson! After being cryogenically frozen for almost 500 years, the King of Pop has found a tip from a certain someone about what might just be the biggest scoop in the multiverse... but he's going to be putting on a show for all to see - and he won't stop until he makes his opponents BEAT IT.

Source Changelog:
  • Reworded "Rips originating from first-party games released on the SEGA Dreamcast" to "Rips originating from first-party Dreamcast games." for greater clarity.
  • Added "Rips associated with the news, the press, or reporters" as a buff.
  • Reorganised sources to place "Rips by, or featuring, Michael Jackson." at the top, to give more focus to the character as a whole.

- Rips originating from first-party games released on the SEGA Dreamcast.
(Space Channel 5, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, SEGA Bass Fishing, Seaman)

- Rips originating from rhythm games.
(Parappa the Rapper, Rhythm Heaven, Samba de Amigo, Vib-Ribbon, Taiko no Tatsujin, Crypt of the Necrodancer)

- Rips by, or featuring, Michael Jackson.
(Smooth Criminal, Thriller, Beat It, They Don't Really Care About Us, Off the Wall, Billie Jean, Rock With You)

(Smooth Criminal, Thriller, Beat It, They Don't Really Care About Us, Off the Wall, Billie Jean, Rock With You)

- Rips originating from first-party Dreamcast games.
(Space Channel 5, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, SEGA Bass Fishing, Seaman)

- Rips originating from rhythm games.
(Parappa the Rapper, Rhythm Heaven, Samba de Amigo, Vib-Ribbon, Taiko no Tatsujin, Crypt of the Necrodancer)

- Rips associated with the news, the press, or reporters.
(Paparazzi, All Apologies, Fly On The Wall, Leave Me Alone, Yesterday's Papers, various news channel idents)

Original Post
Contestants:
The Caretaker (Selected Memories from the Haunted Ballroom, 1999)
Description: From the depths of a void far beyond that of the Hotel lies the being from which the Hotel was crafted. The eternal, warm presence of the Caretaker watches over those trapped within the nothingness of the space between universes, relaxing those who it meets with its "music of the spheres." Though it does not remember what it once was, or how it got here, it remembers its purpose... and it is here to care for those lost here.

Source Changelog:
  • Reworded "Anything that Leyland Kirby has sampled in his music" to "Rips featuring media or music sampled in Leyland Kirby music.", for formatting.
  • Reworded "Ambient music, or otherwise music of an ambient nature" to "Rips featuring ambient music, or other music of an ambient nature.", for formatting and clarity.

- Rips by, or featuring, Leyland Kirby.
Everywhere at the End of Time, An Empty Bliss Beyond this World

- Anything that Leyland Kirby has sampled in his music.
Heartaches, Say It Isn't So, Room With a View, Moonlight and Shadows

- "Ambient" music, or otherwise music of an ambient nature.
Ambient 1 - Music for Airports, Selected Ambient Works 85-92

- Rips in the genre of Ballroom Jazz.
Midnight, the Stars and You, Fly Me to the Moon, music by Duke Ellington

- Rips by, or featuring, Leyland Kirby.
Everywhere at the End of Time, An Empty Bliss Beyond this World

- Rips featuring media or music sampled in Leyland Kirby music.
Heartaches, Say It Isn't So, Room With a View, Moonlight and Shadows

- Rips featuring "ambient" music, or other music of an ambient nature.
Ambient 1 - Music for Airports, Selected Ambient Works 85-92

- Music in the genre of Ballroom Jazz.
Midnight, the Stars and You, Fly Me to the Moon, music by Duke Ellington

Original Post
Contestants: "Green Biker Dude" (Mega Man X2, 1994. Note that the name is a colloquial term and that said character does not have a canon name.)
Description: For everlasting peace! This heroic martyr died in the line of duty alongside his hero, X... but after being rebuilt, he's a little different. Still equipped with his trusty customised Ride Chaser, he's not going to take defeat lying down... and he's never going to fall again, so he says.

Source Changelog:
  • Reworded "Rips associated with robots or A.I." to "Rips associated with robots, A.I or other sentient machinery." for greater scope.
  • Added "Rips originating from Capcom-produced media" as a buff. Note that there is no overlap between it and the Heroines' "fighting games" source.

- Rips originating from the Mega Man series, including fanworks.
(Mega Man X2, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Battle Network, Mega Man 2, Mega Man Unlimited, The Protomen, Mega Man Perfect Blue)

- Rips associated with motorcyles or "biker music".
(Born to be Wild, Wanted Dead or Alive, Bat Out of Hell, Highway to Hell, Ezy Rider, Ace of Spades, Desert Plains, Motorcycle Man, Iron Horse)

- Rips associated with robots or A.I.
(Daft Punk, Death by Glamour, Paranoid Android, Still Alive, Mr. Roboto, Bomberman, NiER: Automata)

- Rips originating from the Mega Man series, including fanworks.
(Mega Man X2, Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Battle Network, Mega Man 2, Mega Man Unlimited, The Protomen, Mega Man Perfect Blue)

- Rips originating from Capcom-produced media. (No overlap.)
(Devil May Cry, Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, Ghost Trick, Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, Ōkami, Dead Rising, Ghosts 'n' Goblins)

- Rips associated with motorcyles or "biker music".
(Born to be Wild, Wanted Dead or Alive, Bat Out of Hell, Highway to Hell, Ezy Rider, Ace of Spades, Desert Plains, Motorcycle Man, Iron Horse)

- Rips associated with robots, A.I, or other sentient machinery.
(Daft Punk, Death by Glamour, Paranoid Android, Still Alive, Mr. Roboto, Bomberman, NiER: Automata)

Original Post
Contestants: Michael Jackson (Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, 1988)
Description: After being hit by a Wishing Star as he left the Earth's atmosphere in his unique timeline, the Moonwalker found himself adrift amongst the stars, left alone in the inky blackness of space to observe... and, for all intents and purposes, never to return. For 10,000 years, he waited, orbiting around the Earth, spinning eternally in a tragic end until one fateful day... the day when the very sky split open, tearing like a sheet of paper and revealing a horrific, indescribable light. Falling into the void, he found himself somewhere unknown, somewhere between places... that is, the roof of the Dimensional Junction. Falling into the Noise, however... it damaged his mind irreprably. The robotic body's human mind had rotted away, leaving only steel in its place... and a cold determination to succeed.

Source Changelog:
- Replaced "Rips that reached the Top 100 between 1985 and 1990 (inclusive)." with "Rips associated with space and celestial objects." for a more well-rounded sourcelist and less overlap with other contestants.

(Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean, Thriller, Bad, Off the Wall, Beat It, They Don't Care About Us, Man in the Mirror, Don't Stop 'till You Get Enough)

- Rips associated with robots or otherwise sentient machinery.

- Rips that reached the Top 100 between 1985 and 1990 (inclusive)
(Never Gonna Give You Up, Everybody Wants to Rule the World, Careless Whisper, We Built this City, West End Girls, We Didn't Start the Fire)

(Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean, Thriller, Bad, Off the Wall, Beat It, They Don't Care About Us, Man in the Mirror, Don't Stop 'till You Get Enough)

- Rips associated with robots or otherwise sentient machinery.

- Rips associated with space or celestial objects.
(All Star, Dark Side of the Moon, Space Oddity, Black Hole Sun, Jupiter Crash, Walkin' on the Sun, Rocket Man)

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
In preparation for resubmission, I've compiled a list of every character that didn't get in.

*Yiptap
-Cray-Z & Sunflower

-Kel & Pluto (Uses rips from Omori, songs composed by Bo En, and rips associated with ball sports and outer space.)

-Buggy the Clown (Uses rips from One Piece and other Shonen Jump franchises, rips from songs related to pirates, and rips relating to clowns and/or the circus)

-Peppermint Patty (Uses rips from/associated with comic strip franchises [Includes songs by Meghan Trainor, becuase of the Peanuts Movie], rips associated with sports, and rips related to Winter, snow, and/or the cold)

-Bruno Madrigal (Uses rips from/used in 3D Animated Disney/Pixar films that came out 2010 onward, rips related to prophecies/psychics/seeing into the future, rips related to rats and other vermin, and rips from songs made by South American artists)

-Beelzebub (Shin Megami Tensei) (Uses rips from Atlus games, rips associated bugs, and rips associated with demons and hell)

-Ban & King (Uses rips from The Seven Deadly Sins/Nanatsu No Tazai, rips associated with fairies and forests, and rips associated with prisons and crime, with an emphasis an thievery)

-Snoo & Clyde (Reddit and Discord) (Uses rips from/associated with social media platforms, rips associated with space, aliens, or robots, rips associated with 'Cringe Culture', and rips associated with 'Dead Memes')

*KneeOfJustice99
-The Killer King

-Toxtricity (Uses rips from Pokémon and other GameFreak Media, as well as rips having to do with poison, electricity, and songs in the punk rock genre.)

-The Angry Video Game Nerd (Uses rips associated with the Cinnemassacre Channel, rips from games covered in the AVGN show, and rips from games on consoles covered in the AVGN show)

-Mr. Mew (The World Ends With You) (Uses rips from Square Enix media [Most notably The World Ends With You], rips associated with psychic powers, and rips associated with cats)

-Mulder & Cooper (X-Files and Twin Peaks) (Uses rips from music originating in 90s television programs [No Overlap], rips associated with the police or the justice system, and rips associated with conspiracies and government agents)

-HAL9000 (Uses rips from songs used in Stanley Kubrick media, rips associated with space and celestial objects, rips associated with A.I. and other machines, and rips associated with computers and computer programs)

-Biblically Accurate Justice (A biblically accurate angel, enveloping the Cross (specifically the Justice one) which is implied to be a monolith) (Uses rips from songs by Justice, or other artists in the Ed Banger label, rips associated with religion, and rips in the French House genre)

*Torgo the Bear
-Birdetta & Vivian

-Lumity (Luz Noceda & Amity Blight) (Uses rips related to any Disney animated series, rips related to witches and wizards, rips related to owls, and rips related to wlw people and relationships)

-Hawkeye Pierce (M*A*S*H) (Uses rips related to medical practices, rips related to alcohol, rips related to the Korean War, and rips related to The Last of the Mohicans)

-Spamton (Uses rips related to Toby Fox, rips related to shops/vendors/selling, rips related to telephones, and rips related to junk mail)

-Marcy Wu (Uses rips from any ORIGINAL Disney animated series, rips associated with amphibians, and rips related to or featuring music boxes)

-Caddy Christ (Caddicarus as Jesus Christ) (Uses rips related to gaming YouTubers, rips associated with franchises Caddicarus is known for playing/reviewing/hating, rips from ant PS1 game, and rips associated with Christianity)

-The Enigmas (Sheng Long, Prunsel, and Scripulus Fingore) (Uses rips related to video game rumors and hoaxes, rips related to unused/beta parts of games, rips related to video game fanon, and rips associated with April Fool's)

- Pibby (Uses rips from any Adult Swim, Crtoon Network, and Hanna-Barberra media, as well as rips related to educational media)

-Robot Roll Call (Tom Servo and Crow) (Rips featuring original music from Mystery Science Theater 3000 or any of its related production, as well as rips from songs riffed in Mystery Science Theater 3000)

*Tankman from Newgrounds
-The SEGA Duet

-Steve (Uses rips from Minecraft and Minecraft Parodies, other Microsoft Games, and other Sandbox Games.)

-Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (Uses rips from WWE media, rips from other wrestling organizations, rips taken from movies featuring The Rock, and rips from jungle-themed media)

-Grand Dad & Fred Flinstone (Uses rips from bootleg games, and rips from the Flinstones and other Hanna Barbera cartoons)

-Oswald The Lucky Rabbit (Uses rips from/associated with Classic Cartoons (Up to the 40s), rips from the Epic Mickey games, rips associated with rabbits, and rips associated with luck)

-The Imposter (Uses rips from Innersloth games, rips associated with astronauts, rips from 2017-2020 Viral Games, rips associated with aliens)

-PaRappa (Uses rips from Sony/Playstation games, rips from rhythm games, and rips from popular rappers)

-Homer Simpson & Peter Griffin (Uses rips from FOX animation, rips associated with adult animation, and rips associated with dads)

-Masked Wolf & Wolf O'Donnel (Uses rips from songs that Masked Wolf has made or appeared in, rips from Star Fox, rips associated with wolves, and rips associated with rivals)

-Rick Sanchez (Uses rips from Adult Swim media, rips associated with science, and rips associated with space)

-Tankman & Pico (Uses rips from Newgrounds media, rips associated with school, rips associated with military and warfare, and rips from with from Flash games)

*Dan Quixote
-Alexander Hamilton (Uses rips featuring showtunes from musical theater, rips from any project featuring Lin Manuel Miranda, and rips relating to the United States)

-The Heroes (Dragon Quest Slime dressed as the Dragon Quest I Hero & Cactuar dressed as a Black Mage) (Uses rips from the Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy series, as well as rips from any classic RPG in the 8-bit or 16-bit eras)

-Santa Claus (Specifically the Santa Claus from the Coca-Cola ads) (Uses rips from Christmas Songs, as well as rips from songs from/heavily featured in ads)

-Team Skull (A duo of Team Skull grunts) (Uses rips from Pokémon media, as well as rips featuring gangsta rap and boom bap)

-Doctor Who (Uses rips from media that frequently uses time travel, rips from any and all BBC media, and rips from songs about the United Kingdom)

-Mushroom Kingdom F.C. (Luigi and Daisy in their Striker outfits) (Uses rips from sports games, rips associated with sports in any way, or rips from Mario Spinoff titles)

-Dino Squad (Godzilla, Yoshi, and Littlefoot) (Uses rips associated with dinosaurs and gigantic creatures, and rips featuring songs specifically about the aforementioned creatures from any media)

*Baysha
-The Platform Fighters (Goddess of Explosions & Kragg) (Uses rips from any Platform Fighter except Super Smash Bros, rips from any Ludosity Game or Rivals of Aether, and rips from songs from songs relating to construction or destruction.)

-The Bieber Bros (Uses rips from Justing Bieber songs, rips from songs in the Teen Pop and R&B genre, and rips from songs considered "Cringe" or notable for having bad receptions)

-ENA (Uses rips from songs by people who have had their music featured in the ENA series, rips from artists considered "weird", rips from weird PC games, and rips related to mental issues)

-1984 (A giant floating copy of the book 1984) (Uses rips from songs from the many 1984 Adaptations, as well as rips associated with Dystopias in general)

-Dad (Uses rips from the Dad YouTube channel, rips associated with Alternate Reality games, and rips associated with dads)

-Galleem (Uses rips from original Smash Bros songs, rips from any game Masahiro Sakurai/Sora LTD had worked on, and rips associated with light in any way)

-Tara the Singing Robot (Uses rips from songs originally made with AI voices, rips at least partially made with AI, and rips associated with robots and AI)

-Raymond (Animal Crossing) & Duke Nukem (Uses rips from retro-styled or "boomer" first person shooters [Including mods of them], rips from life simulator games, and rips from relaxing/non-violent video games)

-Iknik Blackstone Varrick (The Legend of Korra) (Uses rips from Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra, and rips from revolutionary games and movies)

*Speed Weed
-Hornet (Daytona USA) (Uses rips from the Daytona USA series, rips from SEGA arcade games, rips from racing games, and rips from songs that uses "engrish")

*Champion of Hyrule
-Hello Beter (Joe Swanson and Doc Ock) (Uses rips from adult animation, rips from Spider-Man and related heroes, and rips associated with forms of transportation that aren't cars)

*BlueCRE
-Sailorwave (Modern version of Sailor Moon) (Uses rips from Magical Girl media, rips from non Shonen-Jump or Studio Ghibli anime before 1998, and rips featuring MACROSS 82-99, and music in the genres of city pop and future funk)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Okay, so this might seem like a bizarre thing to have made, but I have an idea for something that could be cool as song covers, specifically the following. (Before you ask why those characters, they're just placeholders. Don't panic!)

Also, yes, alternative logo. I wanted to try a variety of things and the problem with the previous ones is that they're too... long. This new one's based loosely on Random Access Memories, and the cover's basic layout is based on Good Faith to an extent, just less cluttered. This is just an idea, though - what do y'all think?​

Last edited:
Okay, so this might seem like a bizarre thing to have made, but I have an idea for something that could be cool as song covers, specifically the following. (Before you ask why those characters, they're just placeholders. Don't panic!)

Also, yes, alternative logo. I wanted to try a variety of things and the problem with the previous ones is that they're too... long. This new one's based loosely on Random Access Memories, and the cover's basic layout is based on Good Faith to an extent, just less cluttered. This is just an idea, though - what do y'all think?​
The concept looks good tbh.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I really like this! And we can make symbols for all the characters to go with it…kinda like Mashup Week did.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I really like this! And we can make symbols for all the characters to go with it…kinda like Mashup Week did.
Well, on that, I have a few ideas! These are just concepts, though.

1. (Lo-Fi Girl) - I think it'd be a good idea to use the cat logo she has on her headphones (which I think is actually ChilledCow's, the channel that runs the livestream, profile picture), though Mashup Week did that... I remember you posing Sleep Kirby as an idea, which would simply use Kirby's Smash logo.

2. (SNK Heroines) - Maybe a variation of the SNK logo? I suppose we could try and implement the King of Fighters logo here somehow but I'm not sure how it'd work... the sun motif seen with Ryo Kusanagi wouldn't work seems as he's not part of them, but the Fatal Fury star doesn't either because Terry's not on their own.

3. (Plague Knight & Mona) - So we could go one of two ways here. We could use a shovel, representing the Shovel Knight series, or maybe some sort of potion bomb to specifically represent the pair? I don't really know, though...

4. (Chris Pratt) - Okay here I genuinely don't know. Maybe it could be a combination of like, Mario's icon and Jurassic Park or something?

5. (POTTERQUEST) - A variation of Lemon Demon's logo would be cool to see here. I did consider a triple P in the Harry Potter style, but I'm not sure... we could experiment with it though?

6. (The King) - A variation of the "king" symbol often used in computer chess. It'd be a pretty solid way to represent him, in my personal opinion, as well as chess as a whole. After all - chess doesn't really have a "logo" persay.

7. (LABO-Man) - A variation of the Switch logo would work pretty well here, I think. It's simple enough as is, plus LABO-Man kinda is the Switch rep.

8. (Hornet) - A variation of the Hornet logo could work well here, as well as a variation of the flags on the Daytona USA logo. I'm kinda torn here... neither are particularly recognisable, is the problem.

9. (DEVOlution) - A low-key variation of the Energy Dome hat would be cool to see here. I think I made a mockup for it in the DEVOlution concept rip? A simplified version would represent DEVO pretty well.

10. (Greg & Ryuk) - Okay, I'm a little stumped here. L's iconic Cloister Black monogram works wonders... if L were the Deathnote rep. He isn't, and Kira doesn't have as much recognisability... and that's not even getting into Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Maybe the "D" of Deathnote and Diary could be combined somehow?

11. ("Waluigi") - An upside down L, but in Comic Sans. It's not even Waluigi's official logo - the implication being that Sportacus didn't want to get the pair sued (though Robbie was fine with is - after all, he'll do what he wants 'cause a pirate is free.)

12. (Lil Naz X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus) - This might sound ridiculous, but a silhouette of a horse on a setting sun. It'd represent "Old Town Road" pretty well at least, I think - I don't have any other suggestions here though. Sorry...

B1. (The Guy) - I... genuinely don't know. At a stretch, maybe the Boshy (a triangle with an exclaimation mark) could work, but I don't know enough about the source material to really say... I'm sorry.

B2. (Anthony Fantano) - I think a variation of his "The Needle Drop" logo, which is literally just his face, would be pretty fun to see!

Bonus 1. (King Stingy) - You could use a variation of the logo itself, but I'd personally use Sportacus's "10" logo. It seems like a pretty solid fit overall, even if not specifially for Stingy - if you wanted a Stingy-specific icon, a bow-tie would work perfectly.

Bonus 2. (Master Ear) - Literally just a cartoon ear. Either that, or the logo used for hearing aids.

1. (Lo-Fi Girl) - I think it'd be a good idea to use the cat logo she has on her headphones (which I think is actually ChilledCow's, the channel that runs the livestream, profile picture), though Mashup Week did that... I remember you posing Sleep Kirby as an idea, which would simply use Kirby's Smash logo.

2. (SNK Heroines) - Maybe a variation of the SNK logo? I suppose we could try and implement the King of Fighters logo here somehow but I'm not sure how it'd work... the sun motif seen with Ryo Kusanagi wouldn't work seems as he's not part of them, but the Fatal Fury star doesn't either because Terry's not on their own.

3. (Plague Knight & Mona) - So we could go one of two ways here. We could use a shovel, representing the Shovel Knight series, or maybe some sort of potion bomb to specifically represent the pair? I don't really know, though...

4. (Chris Pratt) - Okay here I genuinely don't know. Maybe it could be a combination of like, Mario's icon and Jurassic Park or something?

5. (POTTERQUEST) - A variation of Lemon Demon's logo would be cool to see here. I did consider a triple P in the Harry Potter style, but I'm not sure... we could experiment with it though?

6. (The King) - A variation of the "king" symbol often used in computer chess. It'd be a pretty solid way to represent him, in my personal opinion, as well as chess as a whole. After all - chess doesn't really have a "logo" persay.

7. (LABO-Man) - A variation of the Switch logo would work pretty well here, I think. It's simple enough as is, plus LABO-Man kinda is the Switch rep.

8. (Hornet) - A variation of the Hornet logo could work well here, as well as a variation of the flags on the Daytona USA logo. I'm kinda torn here... neither are particularly recognisable, is the problem.

9. (DEVOlution) - A low-key variation of the Energy Dome hat would be cool to see here. I think I made a mockup for it in the DEVOlution concept rip? A simplified version would represent DEVO pretty well.

10. (Greg & Ryuk) - Okay, I'm a little stumped here. L's iconic Cloister Black monogram works wonders... if L were the Deathnote rep. He isn't, and Kira doesn't have as much recognisability... and that's not even getting into Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Maybe the "D" of Deathnote and Diary could be combined somehow?

11. ("Waluigi") - An upside down L, but in Comic Sans. It's not even Waluigi's official logo - the implication being that Sportacus didn't want to get the pair sued (though Robbie was fine with is - after all, he'll do what he wants 'cause a pirate is free.)

12. (Lil Naz X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus) - This might sound ridiculous, but a silhouette of a horse on a setting sun. It'd represent "Old Town Road" pretty well at least, I think - I don't have any other suggestions here though. Sorry...

B1. (The Guy) - I... genuinely don't know. At a stretch, maybe the Boshy (a triangle with an exclaimation mark) could work, but I don't know enough about the source material to really say... I'm sorry.

B2. (Anthony Fantano) - I think a variation of his "The Needle Drop" logo, which is literally just his face, would be pretty fun to see!

Bonus 1. (King Stingy) - You could use a variation of the logo itself, but I'd personally use Sportacus's "10" logo. It seems like a pretty solid fit overall, even if not specifially for Stingy - if you wanted a Stingy-specific icon, a bow-tie would work perfectly.

Bonus 2. (Master Ear) - Literally just a cartoon ear. Either that, or the logo used for hearing aids.
I have an Idea for logo for Uncanny Reactions:
It would be a cursed emoji.

Baysha

Smash Ace

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I have an Idea for logo for Uncanny Reactions:
It would be a cursed emoji.
Do you mean like this, or did you have another one in mind?
cursed.png

Also, just so I'm not filling the chat too much, here's my DEVOlution concept:

devolution icon.png

It's based on the "Energy Dome," the distinctive stepped-pyramid hat worn by the members of DEVO. Apparently, it's worn to focus the "energy" in one's body through one's own body as opposed to losing it... or something.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord

Maybe Greg & Ryuk could have the Cheese Touch from Diary of a Wimpy Kid?

(This was the most high-quality image I could fine)
Anyway, voting should be up by Friday.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion

And here's my improved Uncanny Reactions edit with the new format. I also finally have an actual icon for it (y'all may have noticed I've been adding them where I can, but Uncanny Reactions was pretty damn difficult to find one for. Thanks Tankman!)

(Also it just occurred to me that this is a double post, I'm terribly sorry)

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Alright, here's a dual rip between Kel & Pluto and Waluigi made in RaveDJ:
My Time in the Galaxy

And here's my improved Uncanny Reactions edit with the new format. I also finally have an actual icon for it (y'all may have noticed I've been adding them where I can, but Uncanny Reactions was pretty damn difficult to find one for. Thanks Tankman!)

(Also it just occurred to me that this is a double post, I'm terribly sorry)
I'll be real... I genuinely don't care about double posts. Don't worry about it.

Baysha

Smash Ace
I've been holding on to these rave.dj rips for a while and I kept putting off sharing them. So I figured now is good a time as ever

One for The Guy:

And two for Flesh Hobart:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I've been holding on to these rave.dj rips for a while and I kept putting off sharing them. So I figured now is good a time as ever

One for The Guy:

And two for Flesh Hobart:
Soul Fetus Castle was a BANGER.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905

I say Plague Knight and Mona's symbol should definitely be a potion. It's better for representing them.
Chris Pratt's symbol could be the Jurassic Park logo with a Yoshi in it?
I support Greg and Ryuk using the Cheese...

Baysha

Smash Ace
I'd like to change some of my submissions:

ENA's weird PC games source has been changed to both weird PC and weird PS1 games. (As the ENA series is inspired by PS1 stylings. And she's also getting a game on the PC.)

Dad's alternate reality game source has been changed to internet horror in general. (To be both more focused by cutting out sources that just happened to use an ARG to promote themselves and give more sources such as Local58 and songs based on creepypastas. It might not take him that far, but I feel it would at least give him more of a niche)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I got busy making some bits and bobs today for my media coursework, but here's some things I managed to toss together!

"The Cheese Touch" (Greg & Ryuk) - Credit completely goes to YipTap for that idea, that's genuinely genius. It was a little difficult to work out what should stay and what should go, but I felt detail would be pretty cool to see here.
Greg.png

"Potter Puppet Pals" (POTTERQUEST) - I did originally use the Lemon Demon logo here, but I feel this fits better. It's sampled directly from the logo used in the films, though. I'm aware that may be a little controversial - the official "logo" for PPP uses a serif font on a small sign, but I felt this'd fit better to people who might not recognise it.

Potter.png

"Daytona USA" (Hornet) - I did consider using a variation of the Hornet's logo, but this felt better. It's a variation of the flags seen on the original Daytona USA logo, and I think it works pretty well to represent the Daytona series as a whole rather than just the Hornet.

Daytona.png

Working on getting some others done soon! :)

I got busy making some bits and bobs today for my media coursework, but here's some things I managed to toss together!

"The Cheese Touch" (Greg & Ryuk) - Credit completely goes to YipTap for that idea, that's genuinely genius. It was a little difficult to work out what should stay and what should go, but I felt detail would be pretty cool to see here.
View attachment 344890

"Potter Puppet Pals" (POTTERQUEST) - I did originally use the Lemon Demon logo here, but I feel this fits better. It's sampled directly from the logo used in the films, though. I'm aware that may be a little controversial - the official "logo" for PPP uses a serif font on a small sign, but I felt this'd fit better to people who might not recognise it.

View attachment 344891

"Daytona USA" (Hornet) - I did consider using a variation of the Hornet's logo, but this felt better. It's a variation of the flags seen on the original Daytona USA logo, and I think it works pretty well to represent the Daytona series as a whole rather than just the Hornet.

View attachment 344892

Working on getting some others done soon! :)
I have a small change for Cheese touch. Maybe you should also add Death Note next to it or something.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
"Plague Symbols" (Plague Knight & Mona) - This is a bit of a strange one, because I wanted to go for an icon that represents Plague Knight and Mona specifically as opposed to Shovel Knight, As such - I have two!

The first is actually the small bird head atop Plague Knight's staff, due mostly to its resemblance to Plague Knight himself - as well as being part of his iconography. Then, the second icon is one of the Bombs that Plague Knight uses, complete with chemicals inside. Being more alchemical in nature, it might represent both better?

Plague.png
Plague Alt.png

"Switch Icon" (LABO-Man) - I feel like the LABO logo wouldn't work well here, but the Switch logo... actually seems perfect, to me at least. It's simple enough to function, and why fix what isn't broken?
Labo.png

"Knock-Off" ("Waluigi") - Why would Robbie and Sportacus know about the extended Mario universe? It's for this reason I think that their icon should literally just be Waluigi's own logo, as they wrongly presume he's some sort of icon of his own series... despite having no games to his name aside from spinoffs. It just seems like a cute metajoke to me :)
Waluigi.png

"Old Town Road" (Lil Naz X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus) - I, to be honest, didn't really know what to go for here. They... don't have a lot to work with, so I just went with "horse on a vaporwave sun" and it looked... surprisingly not bad. I'm open to suggestions as always, this is just something I thought up on the fly.
OldTown.png

Gonna carry on with others tomorrow, it's getting a lil late over here :)

Top Bottom